PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Newb questions. Please help.

Perverted_Pirate
Jul 12, 2008, 10:40 AM
Hi guys/girls(?),

I'm thinking of buying PSU for the xbox 360 but before I decide to splash the cash I have a few questions I'd like to ask and hopefully you can answer.
Oh and if this is in the wrong area or these questions have already been answered, please direct me to it and delete this.

1. If i buy PSU new does it come with free play time? Like a 1 month hunters license or something? Or would it make no difference if I got it used?

2. Do I need XBL Gold and still need to pay the fee or will XBL silver(what I have) suffice?

3. I quite liked PSO on the GC and I'm wondering if I'd be able to grasp PSU easily enough?

4. I've heard you can't take your online characters offline and vice-versa....There's no way this can be true is there?

5. In PSO there was plenty of helpful people who would help level up the newbs and give them some better weapons etc. I was one myself :D Do people like this still exsist? or is it every nerd for themselves?

6. Doy ou still have allt he other modes of online play? like PvO etc.?

7. Do you think it's worth getting into? I'd appreciate a non-bas answer as I know your all fans. But thinkof a non-fan who is yet to be addicted, should he buy the game?

Many thanks for any answers.

Mman2000
Jul 12, 2008, 10:56 AM
New or used doesn't make a difference, your xbox live account is what is used in billing, not a CD key on the disk. I don't know if the game has a free time, I doubt it because you can play the demo for that.

You don't need an Xbox live gold account to play, that I do know.

No, you can't take online chars offline and vice-versa. Online characters are server side, anyone who's had their GC memory card corrupted is thankful for this.

As for helpful people, I haven't seen them and there's really not the same potential to be helpful as there was in PSO. I often booted people who tried to "help" my characters by killing everything and taking all the exp.

PvP and Cmode aren't in PSU unfortunately. I don't expect them to be added any time soon.

Yes, it is worth getting into. The game itself is just as good, if not better, than PSO. If you play it for the fun of playing instead of grinding for EXP or drops, it's well worth the 40 bucks for the disk and the AotI expansion.

Perverted_Pirate
Jul 12, 2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for quick response :) I'll probably pick it up on Mon/Tue. And when I speak of people helping I meant free items ;)
It's good to know the game will be worth the £7($14) I pay for it.
And yeah I'll be playing for fun.

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for quick response :) I'll probably pick it up on Mon/Tue. And when I speak of people helping I meant free items ;)
It's good to know the game will be worth the £7($14) I pay for it.
And yeah I'll be playing for fun.

Free items, I advise you not to ask people for that.
People in PSU hate / blacklist "beggers" who ask "can i hab meseta / that and this time" etc. (I hope you're not one).
If you were talking about people helping as in help you grind (Mission Points, EXP etc.) I'm sure on the 360 side there has to be a few people willing to help out a newcomer.
If not, I assume joining random parties would do.
Also, about free items, if you want things in particular, I would just save up money to buy them, or hunt them yourself, it's really not hard to get / find anything in PSU compared to PSO.

Tessu
Jul 12, 2008, 11:10 AM
There are still some people who are willing to help newbies level up. When I first joined, there was a group of people who INSISTED I leech on their mission, and one gave me a handgun so I could also leech EXP. I play on the PC servers, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same on the Xbox.

Either way, good luck.

As far as free items goes, I'd suggest you... not ask. ;S

strikershadow
Jul 12, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yea this isnt PSO, In PSO every player who played a lot had multiple of every item and tried to get rid of them So they didnt clutter up... this game drop rates are shit. you spend hours hunting for a specific item. AND when you finally get it guess what, Segac gives you the crafting board so you have to MAKE it, and even tho theres a 90% chance of success, you will fail more times then you succeed.

in PSO im sure you remember how the gear was rated by stars, in PSU its the same, 1 - 6 star items are easy to get. this game is easy. its later on a bitch tho. but yea man play on universe 2 (or whatever is popular on 360) and just worry bout playing the story, get some levels and go off from there.

and also there are people who help noobs (on the PC/PS2 side atleast) I do it all the time, and we know a noob from someone tryin to scam for free stuff. When you get in the game play to have fun and if you cross someone tell him your new (this is important) tell them you read on the forums about a mission called (white beast) and ask for help getting there. im sure you will get there since it only takes less then 10 seconds for someone to warp you there. follow the herd and be nice and ull meet some friends im sure of it.

theres cool people out there, there just fed up with the beggers :D be in it to make friends and not get free stuff and your better then good

Truth034
Jul 12, 2008, 07:00 PM
I know you played the demo prob but this game is wack trust me.... its get really boring and sega rarely updates!!!!! i telling you this game is horrible i wouldnt waste my time sending you this if it was semi bad but this game is straight out bad...........plz dont buy i promise you will be a angry person and very bored if you buy........trust me i know it seems random for someone to send this to you but im telling the truth!!!!!!!!

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 07:12 PM
I know you played the demo prob but this game is wack trust me.... its get really boring and sega rarely updates!!!!! i telling you this game is horrible i wouldnt waste my time sending you this if it was semi bad but this game is straight out bad...........plz dont buy i promise you will be a angry person and very bored if you buy........trust me i know it seems random for someone to send this to you but im telling the truth!!!!!!!!

How dare you state something like that calling yourself Truth034. More Like False065. :-P
You're playing this game yourself and don't want others to play this game? Whack.
Truth is slightly different from an opinion.

fay
Jul 12, 2008, 07:15 PM
you will find peopel who will help you out at the start.
i started when the winter even was on. im not 100% but i think it was about december/january.
when i started there was someone with begginers guide above their character.
i payed no attention to it but he added me to his party and after the first mission he went and bought me all the spells from the shop.
i only had foie and ra zonde.

so yea that was a realy nice thing to do. you just have to find those people.

im going to start using the begginers guide things also because i know what its like trying to get started when no one wants to help.

im no where near the richest person in the game. i have practically no money but id happily buy a new person a few weapons and some armor to get them started. well only if they didnt ask. if they start asking for stuff then no i wouldnt give them anything.

deadpool612
Jul 12, 2008, 07:23 PM
if this game is so bad why are you on the forums? kick rocks

Syl
Jul 12, 2008, 08:00 PM
It'd make sense if it was "go kick some rocks" or something :???:

Mman2000
Jul 12, 2008, 10:17 PM

Protip: Want people to take you seriously? Then TYPE YOUR DAMN WORDS OUT!!

That said, you're flat fuck wrong. This game has plenty of good areas to run if people would actually run them. It's a hell of a lot better than PSO in just about every aspect of the game. Oh and by the way why the fuck should anyone trust you when all you did was say "it's bad" and "it's boring" without going into any fucking detail? You aren't telling him the truth, you're telling him your opinion which, judging from your post, is groundless. When was the last time you even played this game for fuck's sake?

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 13, 2008, 05:48 AM
Pretty much most people are helpful, even the kiddies -- I swear I've never seen so many short characters in a game before -- as long as the "begging" mentioned above doesn't happen. Just try to do more than run White Beast... it's good EXP and okay MP, but ohmygosh, you will get so bored of that. Also mentioned above, do the story missions on the Colony 5th floor to unlock partner cards (NPCs who help you in missions you can invite). I also recommend playing the single-player offline mode first to get the basics down. It's also not half-bad.