PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Next Expansion?

Mr_Confused
Jul 12, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hey just wondering how long you think it will be until the japanese get a new expansion or if you think they will get one at all. If I'm going to switch to the japanese version i dont want to shell out $50 now and in a couple of months have to spend 50-60 on a new expansion.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 12, 2008, 10:51 AM
there wont be one

Kinako78
Jul 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
How do you know? I don't think it's been officially confirmed one way or another.

To answer the OP's question, there hasn't been one officially announced yet, so it'd probably be good to go ahead and get the current expansion. I believe I've also read somewhere that you can buy it for a lot cheaper then $50 now.

Arika
Jul 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
If you wait PSP to release first for a while then ask this later. you might get much more firm answer

Golto
Jul 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
There probably won't be another expansion, the best you can hope for is a sequel.

Dragwind
Jul 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
As far as I've heard, there's no official word or rumor on a next expansion.

kua1
Jul 12, 2008, 12:08 PM
only JP servers will get the expansion

Kismet
Jul 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
Who cares if they do or don't? There's not much to expand on ANYWAYS...

Powder Keg
Jul 12, 2008, 12:26 PM
Two expansions for this game would be flat out retarded.

Kinako78
Jul 12, 2008, 12:47 PM
Why? Other online games have at least 3 or 4 expansions.

Ezodagrom
Jul 12, 2008, 12:51 PM
PSU should have at least 1 more expansion.
With PSU v1 there was Episode 1 of the story offline and Episode 2 online.
With AOI there's Episode 2 offline and Episode 3 online. If the story ends in Episode 3, there should be a new expansion with Episode 3 offline (and no new story missions online though).

Heinan
Jul 12, 2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah there should be another expansion. Not two, but one.

I think that it will be a while because I think ST has a lot of content to release for AoTI. Not to mention they probably will do a lot of balancing and other things over rest of the year and maybe next year if they decide not to release one.

Golto
Jul 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
They already have plans for new story missions for the JPN version.

Kadajenova
Jul 12, 2008, 04:19 PM
With all the delay SEGAC generously giving to us, we will get expansion 6 months after JP

omegapirate2k
Jul 12, 2008, 04:31 PM
With all the delay SEGAC generously giving to us, we will get expansion 6 months after JP
6 months at best :/

Astarin
Jul 12, 2008, 04:47 PM
As soon as this topic reaches page two of the forums, I can guarantee that yet another thread asking this question will pop up. Just as this thread did.

You can rest assured, when any shred of news regarding a new expansion pops up, it will be front-page news on the main page.

For the love of god, people, stop asking! :-x

Golto
Jul 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
Don't expect much new content for the JPN ver after year 3 besides maybe some events. Since we are getting so far behind that will be year 4 for us.

RedMussel
Jul 12, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well, wouldn't PSP sorta be like an expansion? I think this is the closest thing to an expansion for PSU for awhile.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 12, 2008, 05:32 PM
only JP servers will get the expansion

And just where did you get this information? :disapprove:

Mracless
Jul 12, 2008, 05:54 PM
People had no idea how they'd fit PSU and AOTI onto one PS2 disc. I can't imagine that they'd be able to fit another expansion on one.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 12, 2008, 06:41 PM
People had no idea how they'd fit PSU and AOTI onto one PS2 disc. I can't imagine that they'd be able to fit another expansion on one.

What a great way to get people to move to the PC or finally put PSU on the PS3.

tirith
Jul 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
or load up a second disc on ps2 =(

furrypaws
Jul 12, 2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I can tell you one thing. If PSUP does just as well/better than PSUO/PSUAoI, then we're basically going to see all the new features of that in the expansion.

Syl
Jul 12, 2008, 07:35 PM
If anything I don't really expect another expansion til late Spring next year... and that's IF we're getting one.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 12, 2008, 09:07 PM
To all the negative people in the post... Um, why would there be no more expansions?
* The JP server is thriving.
* When PSU went into Development, they said 4 expansions
* They also said a 5 to 7 years of new content
* The final level cap will probably be 300
* We have 12, 13, 14 and 15 star weapons yet to be released that we know exist
* With the PSP version having brand new content, there's already new material made that they could put on the next expansion.

Everything in italics needs a second person to confirm

However, what I'd like to see would be a completely new sequel to this game.
Three things on the PSP version have made me fall inlove with it. No Synthesizing, PAs drop as items, and no fail grinding (random stats upgraded though). I wish they were put into the real game

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
I don't think it matters as long as we do get content.
Only thing worth considering is, if an expansion comes out, you have to pay money. :)
Now why would people would want to pay money?XD
For new stuff, but doesn't really matter how we get it, at least the free way aka updates leaving aside the monthly fee is more comfortable than paying your extra bucks for it.
Only good thing is, you get a shiny new disc you're gonna use for 5 minutes and then store it away for the rest of your life.

Xenoguner
Jul 12, 2008, 09:18 PM
To all the negative people in the post... Um, why would there be no more expansions?
* When PSU went into Development, they said 4 expansions
* They also said a 5 to 7 years of new content
* The final level cap will probably be 300
* We have 12, 13, 14 and 15 star weapons yet to be released that we know exist
* With the PSP version having brand new content, there's already new material made that they could put on the next expansion.

Everything in italics needs a second person to confirm

I think i remember an interview from the directors of PSU saying at least 3 expansions were going to be in development and made available to us. But that was a long ago interview, so MAYBE that might change. ^^;

They also mentioned that 5 years was going to be the lifespan of psu that they will aim for. Of course the way things go now in our US/EU side, that might only apply to the japanese only soon ;_;

And the GMs said something that they want to go get the lvl cap past 200, and might be actually possible (i know gms dont make the content, but they have more insight than us, so thats why im saying it now XD )

Now answering the question at hand, IF there wasnt going to be an expansion, then what about us offline players? We'd be screwed by mission a 3rd of the story >.< No matter how big the next expansion may be, at the very least, they'd give us Ep3 in offline mode; gives offline players something to look forward to XD

Noblewine
Jul 12, 2008, 09:25 PM
their not going to be an expansion.

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
their not going to be an expansion.

And just where did you get this information? :disapprove:

:???:

Alastor_Haven
Jul 12, 2008, 09:45 PM
Let us wait :)

Arika
Jul 12, 2008, 11:30 PM
It is not a good time at all to ask this now, when they are all busy with PSP.

And they will surely have new expansion!, because they already started a new story in JP! during this event.

big spoiler here :This happened after Illuminus was destroyed, Story started with the last remaining copy of magashi was destroyed by us, and new boss Helga appear(new for the online character, but not new for the PSP character that fought her at the time during EP2-3 , because we play as different character as in online mode and PSP)

Natasha_M
Jul 13, 2008, 12:39 AM
Shes not new Ethan fought her in between EP1-2 in the arkgard saga.

Arika
Jul 13, 2008, 01:56 AM
Shes not new Ethan fought her in between EP1-2 in the arkgard saga.

New for online char, that is what I meant,
She say this is first time we met her in that mission I played.

Ken_Silver
Jul 13, 2008, 03:41 AM
That makes sense. Hero(ine) of Episode 2 and 3 =/= Hero(ine) of PS:P.

So the Hero(ine) or AOTI doesn't fight her until the current JP event but by then the Hero(ine)of PS:P already has been there and done that.

Makes you wonder what happened to the Hero(ine) of PS:P...

Edit: No one seems to be able to kill that chick, huh? :confused:

Flame
Jul 13, 2008, 04:31 AM

Out of pure curiosity, could some people attest to this being true? I've never actually heard how this game was received back in Japan. Is it really thriving today or merely surviving?

Alastor_Haven
Jul 13, 2008, 06:23 AM
They have about X 50 the population of us

I can tell you that

Syl
Jul 13, 2008, 06:27 AM
Out of pure curiosity, could some people attest to this being true? I've never actually heard how this game was received back in Japan. Is it really thriving today or merely surviving?

It's on a very slow decline... but this just shows how many players it has as of yesterday:

http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu15916.jpg

Kenbog
Jul 13, 2008, 09:39 AM
Its quite logical JP has more players, ppl actualy know the game there, they have TV comertials dozen of magazine reviews and support.
What do we have(EU)? No one knows it, I never saw any adverticement off it, I never saw a the PC version of the game in the gamestores and only 1 or 2 copies of ps2, and the reviews of it where bashing it while they didnt event tested it desent, even the official site of SEGA EU doesnt know the game.

Ken_Silver
Jul 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
Its quite logical JP has more players, ppl actualy know the game there, they have TV comertials dozen of magazine reviews and support.
What do we have(EU)? No one knows it, I never saw any adverticement off it, I never saw a the PC version of the game in the gamestores and only 1 or 2 copies of ps2, and the reviews of it where bashing it while they didnt event tested it desent, even the official site of SEGA EU doesnt know the game.

I hope that's a figment of your imagination. Not even Sega can fail that much.

...oh wait. They can?

DATS NO GEWD! :mad:

BFGfreak
Jul 13, 2008, 12:32 PM
New for online char, that is what I meant,
She say this is first time we met her in that mission I played.However, did they mention when the PSP storyline takes place, for all we know, it starts about this point, and the story ends long after this event is through.