PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 12, 2008, 09:25 PM
I don't want this to turn into a flamewar, so if it does Mods, with all means, close the topic. But please give it a chance, I want to get an opinion or two out of this first.

Question: When a Hybrid* character joins your party, what is your reaction?
Do you sigh and think noob, don't think anything at all, think Resta and Buffs!, or lets see what they can do?

*Hybrids meaning Fighgunner, Wartecher, Guntecher, and Acrofighter. For this topic, I will consider Acrotecher and Protranser specialized since one has the best buffs in the game and the other can use the best traps. The other four lack anything that makes them "the best" at something.

Syl
Jul 12, 2008, 09:30 PM
IMO I don't even care about classes. I try to look at their play style before I make any sort of judgements.

Then again, if I'm playing with randoms and I see an AT I usually suspect them to not have their buffs leveled... or to use them at all (that goes for resta and etc. too rofl). Funny that you place them at the top >_>

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 09:30 PM
I consider everything non-master and non-forte a hybrid-class.
To be honest, I do prefer if a forte joins, BUT I don't care at all if a hybrid class joins instead.
That said, doesn't matter to me in any way.

Noblewine
Jul 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
I don't have a problem with whoever joins. I actually have an Wartecher and a Fighgunner because I wanna see what kinda challenges I will find and I like the limit of their skills/bullets. The weapons choices aren't bad either. I guess it depends on how a person plays their class.

deadpool612
Jul 12, 2008, 09:47 PM
gotta check the pallet and PA's. if there is a spot and they are good then ill deal with it til someone better i know wants to play.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 12, 2008, 09:48 PM
Nothings wrong with them :o

Turb0
Jul 12, 2008, 10:06 PM
If a fighgunner joins, I'm like "that's cool." If a wartecher joins, I go "ehhhh..." If a guntecher joins I'm like "well...ok." If an acrofighter joins, I go "hmmmm..." Really though, it doesn't matter. My reactions are just based off of whether or not I like playing the class.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 12, 2008, 10:22 PM
Doesn't really matter to me since I'm a hybrid class now. Fortetecher is done with, so I have a good reason to try something else. Nothing wrong with playing Guntecher.

_Wolf_
Jul 12, 2008, 10:28 PM
I really dont care, as long as the person isn't a brat.

RebhtheDark
Jul 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
I don't really care who joins or what class they are, as long as they are doing something to make the party move foward!

Finae
Jul 12, 2008, 11:21 PM
Some things I think to myself, but don't necessarily say to that person or anyone else in the party...

Fighpanzy - Omg, I hope he doesn't spam tornado dance 100% of the time!
Fighpanzy #2 - I hope this one has a full double saber palette!

Wartecher - Oh jesus chirst, please don't buff me seeing as I can buff myself! (other scenario is you have someone with 31/21+ buffs and the WT likes to overwrite them)
Wartecher #2 - A whip? Is this a AT, yay 31 buffs then.......oh wait.......they got out a spear.....
Wartecher #3 - Lol..............wt.......useless!

Acrofighter - Lets hope this one doesn't use a slicer on the boss, otherwise, I have to pull all the weight still on boss

Guntecher - I wonder if this one will do any good damage :P

Otherwise, its the same typical crap. They come join party and I just say sup and I watch their actions from there. If they are pretty retarded (doesn't matter what class), I'll prolly say somethin to my buds on xfire, thats bout it. I make friends out of some ppl, enemies out of others, I don't really care who is friend or foe, I usually just want MP when I play with randoms and a extra meat shield means I won't be getting hit and can focus on killing even faster.

I mainly hate the afkers, the ones that go unannounced. Can be any class and I would boot you after 1 run unless you tell me something before then.

DC_Seraph
Jul 13, 2008, 01:00 AM
Hybird classes FTW... thats my opinion phuck forte classes... jk it doesnt matter who joins the party as long as they pull there wieght, arent annoying and are respectful to all the other ppl in the party, i dont have a problem with them...

mvffin
Jul 13, 2008, 01:14 AM
I don't really care who joins or what class they are, as long as they are doing something to make the party move foward!

this. for the most part.

darkante
Jul 13, 2008, 02:52 AM
Dislikes about hybrids.

Fighgunners : TORNADO DANCE ALL DAY LONG! WOHO KNOCKEVERYFUCKINGTHING AROUND!
Guntecher: If they donīt buff the party or try to heal it...then they are useless.
Acrofighter: Slicer spammer, sure they are great at dmg but i dunno..donīt really like them.
Wartecher: They are ok, as long as they try to help..then all good.

A bit offtopic yes, but i gotta admit..i dislike Majara and Jabroga spammers as well..
Try some variety for god sake! Canīt imagine what fun it is to only use one skill on the mission over and over..

Xenoguner
Jul 13, 2008, 03:01 AM
Dislikes about hybrids.

Fighgunners : TORNADO DANCE ALL DAY LONG! WOHO

Out of all the Fighgunners i've come across, I NEVER see anyone even use tornado dance anymore, myself included x.x; it might still go on around the 360 side, but i can vouch for my time on the PC/PS2 side, that most of them are split on using the other 3 pa's, tho mainly Absolute Dance ^^:

darkante
Jul 13, 2008, 03:06 AM
Out of all the Fighgunners i've come across, I NEVER see anyone even use tornado dance anymore, myself included x.x; it might still go on around the 360 side, but i can vouch for my time on the PC/PS2 side, that most of them are split on using the other 3 pa's, tho mainly Absolute Dance ^^:

Yeah, same really. But recently, there starts to be more and more TD spammers.
Meaning on WB anyway.

Jakosifer
Jul 13, 2008, 06:24 AM
Who gives a shit about who plays what class anymore? That said, I'd only ever have a problem with someones playstyle if it involved constant knockback in which I couldn't hit anything/it hinders the party. I generally don't run into people who do that, so my only true problem is the cynical, whiny ass losers that moan about every little thing, and you get those in all flavors of any class. >_>

Broodstar1337
Jul 13, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm using a Fighgunner who uses Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, a Spear, Knuckles, a regular Saber, Twin Handguns, and a Mechgun.

Do you like me yet?

Jainsea
Jul 13, 2008, 07:13 AM
I use to play with 3 fighgunners everyday(they didn't use TD lol ) so it
don't matter to me! They can be whatever class/race whatever, welcome aboard!
Just try your best and help out the party!
Ive been all the classes with the exception of Fortegunner, so everyone's ok :D
Just stay away from my [b]monomates! :p

Para
Jul 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
Nothing is wrong with hybrids... Just people overworried about their DPS not high enough fret.

Kismet
Jul 13, 2008, 11:35 AM
Boy, have we got some complete idiots in this thread. :rolleyes:

Fighgunners do not ALL spam Tornado Dance, Guntechers and Wartechers do NOT suck so don't talk about them like they do...

... and Acrotecher is NOT just a buffing machine. A simple megastride can do you just as well. It's not like the buffs are going to last you the whole run ANYways, so who cares? What a waste it is to call out, then EVERYONE has to gather up, pause the WHOLE damn mission, and apply them. Doing it during the heat of battle is worse, because you have to run around and waste PP. Buffs aren't even that necessary if you think about it. They help you do, what, at MOST maybe 1k points more? Stop being lazy, and just keep fighting! Appreciate that an FT, AT, GT, OR WT even WANTS to buff your sorry asses. I think they deserve the recognition and respect for leveling them as far as 21+ in the first place.

No one should do something JUST because their class has it available to them. What if someone likes the speed of ATs whips and sabers, and it's just convenient to have magic? Then that's their preference. Do you know how boring it is to sit in buff parties day-in and day-out leveling buffs that AREN'T even THAT useful in the long run because they don't last that long, let alone even make that much of a difference?!

Next point... If you're not going to count Protransers and Acrotechers as "pure hybrids", which is false because no matter what they STILL are (a grenade/shotgun user running around with axes and bows isn't a hybrid? okay, whatever you say... <_<), then you shouldn't count Fighgunner either in that case. Fighgunner specializes in double sabers, as PTs do in traps and ATs do in support. I think some people here, no, most in fact, are forgetting what makes these classes what they are.

Lastly, every class has its own individual value. No one has to play a class any particular way YOU want them to. You do your thing, and they'll do theirs. As long as they're participating and not leeching (something that I'm notorious for), you shouldn't have any objections. An ACTIVE Wartecher with a 21+ Diga and 21+ buffs is more useful than an AT with EVERYTHING that's max level who's just sitting in the lobby, and has been AFK for the past 30 minutes or 10 runs...

ForteGunnerW
Jul 13, 2008, 11:36 AM
i dont have poblems with any type because im a fighgunner and even if they dont play well it doesnt really matter its justa game and it just means they dont get the xp..

Turb0
Jul 13, 2008, 12:34 PM
... and Acrotecher is NOT just a buffing machine. A simple megastride can do you just as well. It's not like the buffs are going to last you the whole run ANYways, so who cares? What a waste it is to call out, then EVERYONE has to gather up, pause the WHOLE damn mission, and apply them. Doing it during the heat of battle is worse, because you have to run around and waste PP. Buffs aren't even that necessary if you think about it. They help you do, what, at MOST maybe 1k points more? Stop being lazy, and just keep fighting! Appreciate that an FT, AT, GT, OR WT even WANTS to buff your sorry asses. I think they deserve the recognition and respect for leveling them as far as 21+ in the first place.

No one should do something JUST because their class has it available to them. What if someone likes the speed of ATs whips and sabers, and it's just convenient to have magic? Then that's their preference. Do you know how boring it is to sit in buff parties day-in and day-out leveling buffs that AREN'T even THAT useful in the long run because they don't last that long, let alone even make that much of a difference?!

Buffs are useful though. Leveled AT buffs are stronger than megistarides, last longer than megistarides, and they don't hurt you at all. It takes, what, 7 seconds max to lay all 4 buffs down? For something that lasts 3-4 minutes or however long they last, how is that not worth it? And you wouldn't have to sit in a buff party day-in and day-out. 2 days of buff parties would probably get them to 31 and then you wouldn't have to worry about them for months. (until the masterclass update)

Kismet
Jul 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
It's not worth it because no one's buffs last the ENTIRE run, NOR do they give a 3k damage point boost. So I don't see the point. Stop being so lazy, and take the time to defeat the monsters. Spending a little a extra time killing won't hurt you. If you can sit around for 2 days leveling buffs, you can sit around and defeat the monster without any techer help, too.

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2008, 01:35 PM
When a hybrid class enters my party, my reaction is "why did you join my bullet leveling / solo session?"

dexter_safe
Jul 13, 2008, 02:02 PM
lvl 31+ last 5 mins. what? u want them to last 20 mins ??

Dragwind
Jul 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
Keep it on-topic folks.

OP's question:

Question: When a Hybrid* character joins your party, what is your reaction?

Kizeragi
Jul 13, 2008, 05:04 PM
Nothing wrong with Hybrids to me, I could run a mission with all WT's or GT's and be happy. Everyone has the right to be what they wanna be, nothing wrong with that. :/ As for me, I play PT, which is a Hybrid. And I freakin' love it! xD

amtalx
Jul 13, 2008, 05:05 PM
@Kismet: Good Acrotechers don't need to bring the mission to a screetching halt to buff.

Anyway, you will never catch me dead as a hybrid. Just a personal choice. However, I don't really care if other people use them. This isn't the type of game where it really matters what class you play.

Arryn
Jul 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
When a hybrid class enters my party, my reaction is "why did you join my bullet leveling / solo session?"

because you didn't lock pty ?

also i mainly play hybrids and don't have a problem with anyone
unless they leaching or being a jerk.
mainly stay away from uni2 atm

Ken_Silver
Jul 13, 2008, 06:16 PM
I had no idea that people don't like Hybrids that much. I don't see the fuss however.

No one should have to specialize in one aspect of fighting (Melee, Ranged, Technic.)

I'm glad that I am a WT though, no one wants my level 20 buffs and I don't have them anymore anyway. Went and got Megistar instead. Need to get Giresta too.

Besides, if a Hybrid class can do two jobs, shouldn't you be happy to have someone who can do two jobs at once. When you find those Melee resistant/ Flying monsnters, FF and FM are going to struggle, but GT, WT and FiG aren't going to panic at all.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 13, 2008, 06:19 PM
It's not worth it because no one's buffs last the ENTIRE run, NOR do they give a 3k damage point boost. So I don't see the point. Stop being so lazy, and take the time to defeat the monsters. Spending a little a extra time killing won't hurt you. If you can sit around for 2 days leveling buffs, you can sit around and defeat the monster without any techer help, too.

As was already stated, level 31-40 buffs last 5 minutes and add +23% to the specific statistic. Now here is the kicker, often the +23% is more than enough ATP to allow the FF or FG to kill enemies using one less attack. This will save on PP and allow them to finish the run faster as enemies take less time to kill. 3-4 seconds per rebuff will save you a couple of minutes as a result making them easily worth the time. Also, a good AT will not waste time rebuffing when everyone is apart and knows when their buffs will expire.

Kismet
Jul 13, 2008, 11:27 PM
@Kismet: Good Acrotechers don't need to bring the mission to a screetching halt to buff.

Good PLAYERS don't need to be buffed in the FIRST place.

As was already stated, level 31-40 buffs last 5 minutes and add +23% to the specific statistic. Now here is the kicker, often the +23% is more than enough ATP to allow the FF or FG to kill enemies using one less attack. This will save on PP and allow them to finish the run faster as enemies take less time to kill. 3-4 seconds per rebuff will save you a couple of minutes as a result making them easily worth the time. Also, a good AT will not waste time rebuffing when everyone is apart and knows when their buffs will expire.

Most of the good missions (the ones that are WORTH doing) are more than 5 minutes long.

And once again, we come to the laziness problem. As I said, if you can take the time to level buffs, if you can take the time to get to max level, if you can take the time to TYPE A REPLY TO THIS THREAD... You can take the time to just beat the monster normally. Today's youth are just lazy as hell.

And there is no such thing as a "good AT". Play whatever class however you want. The end. There is no "good" way to do anything in this world anymore, let alone a good away play a class on Sega's worst-managed online game. *Rolls eyes*

Turb0
Jul 13, 2008, 11:43 PM

Most of the good missions (the ones that are WORTH doing) are more than 5 minutes long.

And once again, we come to the laziness problem. As I said, if you can take the time to level buffs, if you can take the time to get to max level, if you can take the time to TYPE A REPLY TO THIS THREAD... You can take the time to just beat the monster normally. Today's youth are just lazy as hell.

And there is no such thing as a "good AT". Play whatever class however you want. The end. There is no "good" way to do anything in this world anymore, let alone a good away play a class on Sega's worst-managed online game. *Rolls eyes*

It doesn't matter if the player is good or not, they will always be better with buffs. If it takes 5-7 seconds to make everyone in the party stronger for 5 minutes, how can that not be useful? Are you really that desperate for time? And that whole buff leveling argument is lame imo. By that logic, you shouldn't spend any time leveling anything because it takes time away from your precious enemy-killing. And I like how you assumed we were all lazy youth, that really shows how much of an open mind you had when replying.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 13, 2008, 11:59 PM

Wow, just wow. If you think that +23% to ATP, ATA, EVP, TP, MST, and DFP are not worth waiting around for 3-4 seconds (and sometimes not at all if the AT knows what they are doing) I think that myself and others would say your opinion is heavily flawed. Seriously, did you have a bad experience with buffs when you were a child?

And you are right that the good missions take longer than 5 minutes. Egg Thieves takes me less than 9:00 so I only have to rebuff once. Also note that as an AT I have never had my party tell me that I take too long buffing and asked me to stop. If anything they let me know if they expire and request that I rebuff them. It is not a question of laziness but a matter of efficiency.

EDIT: I missed the part where you referred to today's youth as lazy. I, for one, am not young by any means and possibly older than you given my age. I would hope that you avoid using unfounded information in this debate as it will only weaken your opinion by showing bias towards the topic. Please keep your discussion on topic as I would prefer to keep Dragwind from locking this thread.

Kismet
Jul 14, 2008, 12:33 AM
Your physical age isn't necessarily the same as your mental age. So I have no idea how old anyone is on these forums in THAT case. I wasn't trying to show any bias, either. I don't care about my "opinion being weakened" because it's not a debate, nor are we trying to sell a product to someone. I have no one to impress. To think so is nonsensical. I could really care less.

Let's not be stupid, and talk about what makes an argument lame or cool, and what determines whether or not my mind is open, smart remarks like "did you have a bad experience with buffs", and anything else ridiculous of that nature. And no one should definitely be talking about staying on on-topic when they themselves are contributing to the off-topic discussion. This thread probably should have been locked LONG ago anyway...

FINALLY getting back on-topic, MY reaction to when a hybrid char joins the party is nothing. And you want to know why? Because I don't care, as long as they're not standing around and are actually doing something.

Darklighter
Jul 14, 2008, 02:01 AM
Well at least this topic explains why I get kicked just for joining teams. I never knew my worthless fighgunner, guntecher, wartecher, and acrofighter were so hated. Good to know...

autumn
Jul 14, 2008, 04:17 AM
I look at PAs and equipment when people I don't know join my party. What determines whether I'll stay at the end of a run is how they use their character, regardless of what I looked over. I do expect people over level 100 to be equipped in better then 10% 7* weapons attuned to the same element as the area enemies. Make sure you help with the mission and don't AFK and I won't think anything less of you as a hybrid. I have a few myself due to the variety. :D

Iduno
Jul 14, 2008, 04:27 AM

Wow even though I usualy advocate techers not being heal and buff slaves I am disgusted by this type of acrotecher, want to nuke and whip? Go wartecher.

A unbuffing acrotecher is just terrible and it makes me laugh when you call people lazy yet is to lazy to attend a buff party (I even leveled my buffs as a wartecher).

I wouldn't usualy boot someone for a playstyle but that kind of lazy acrotecher is seriously pushing it. (alsmost as bad as a cast acrotecher that I saw who wouldn't even heal himself a couple of days after AOTI's release)

On-topic I don't care about what class people are as long as they are sensible with them

Ruru
Jul 14, 2008, 04:42 AM
the only real non-hybrid class i've fully leveled is FT. my melee has been hybrid since i could use advanced classes. i have no issues at all concerning people that play as a hybrid. my only concern with ANY person playing ANY class is whether or not they're friendly and at least know the basics of their chosen class.
as a natural soloist any help from a friendly person is help to me.

darkante
Jul 14, 2008, 04:44 AM

With that mindset, then there is no real excuse not to buff the party either.
Not buffing is lazy as well.

DreXxiN
Jul 14, 2008, 06:50 AM
I don't mind if anyone joins, if it's a party period, the game is going to be easy. I generally solo, which, well..is still easy (Save some missions).

And unfortunately, we all know AF is labeled "slicer spammer", but I don't even use slicers on my AF and find FF much more efficient at it :P.

Zero-Sensei
Jul 14, 2008, 07:31 AM
I don't mind if anyone joins, if it's a party period, the game is going to be easy. I generally solo, which, well..is still easy (Save some missions).

And unfortunately, we all know AF is labeled "slicer spammer", but I don't even use slicers on my AF and find FF much more efficient at it :P.

Drex! <0 *Whispers.* ~Fighgunner~ =D Lol XD *Laughs.*

Ezodagrom
Jul 14, 2008, 07:42 AM
An Acrotecher that only uses whips, doesn't buff or heal is like a protranser that only uses saber and handgun. They could use only that, but they're not doing what their class is supposed to do (for some reason Acrotecher gets the highest lvl buffs, they're even going to be upgraded to lvl 50 with master classes).

About hybrid classes, they're just as useful as other classes (I have 2 hybrids myself :>). It's not the class that makes a player bad, it's how they play that class.

Dragwind
Jul 14, 2008, 03:49 PM
Answers to the OP's question have become derailed despite the given warning and turned into another class vs. class argument. Locked.