PDA

View Full Version : @ Heath Ledger as the joker

eXo
Jul 13, 2008, 03:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/_jack_nicholson_warned_heath_ledger_on_jo.html

" Jack Nicholson warned Heath Ledger on 'Joker' role "

Heath Ledger thought landing the demanding role of the Joker was a dream come true - but now some think it was a nightmare that led to his tragic death.

Jack Nicholson, who played the Joker in 1989 - and who was furious he wasn't consulted about the creepy role - offered a cryptic comment when told Ledger was dead.

"Well," Nicholson told reporters in London early Wednesday, "I warned him."

Though the remark was ambiguous, there's no question the role in the movie earmarked as this summer's blockbuster took a frightening toll.

Ledger recently told reporters he "slept an average of two hours a night" while playing "a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy ...

"I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

Prescription drugs didn't help, he said.

Batman: The DarkKnight without a second doubt is going to be a smash hit, however in typical media fashion they have away of trying to glorify the image of people through the manipulation of words.

Truth :

This story is totally fabricated. While Jack did say the words "I warned 'em" , and not "I warned him" when told about the death of Heath and that it was possibly from taking too much medication, he was talking about taking the sleep aid Ambien, not taking the role of the Joker. And in saying "I warned 'em", he was saying it to everyone in general, and not just specifically to Heath. He then went on to say that he almost drove off of a highway a day after taking Ambien. so that was what he was warning people about. I love how the media just takes comments and runs any direction with them that they feel like it.

I understand that his role as the joker was alot more dark and demonic then jack nicholsons role back in 1989. However the way that the majority of media oulets are trying to sweep the facts that he suffered from a drop addiction under the rug and compare his lifestyle prior to accepting the role as the joker to Will Smith ..are you kidding me???

Their is a video of this guy a a party with tables full of Narcotics im not trying to disrespect the deceased however false glorification is just as bad as disrespecting someone.

SpikeOtacon
Jul 13, 2008, 03:35 AM
Hey eXo, I know you probably have me blocked but for some reason the link doesn't work for me.

EphekZ
Jul 13, 2008, 04:09 AM
How the hell is this thread worthy?

Rion772
Jul 13, 2008, 04:35 AM
... I don't mean to disrespect Heath Ledger but it's kind of sad that he overdosed on sleep medication because of sleep deprivation caused by thinking about a fictional character...

And hai2u, EphekZ.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 13, 2008, 06:59 AM
... I don't mean to disrespect Heath Ledger but it's kind of sad that he overdosed on sleep medication because of sleep deprivation caused by thinking about a fictional character...

Jimi Hendrix called.

Rion, it means he was a devoted actor.

McLaughlin
Jul 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
He got too into his role. I'd call that admirable, not sad.

Toadthroat
Jul 13, 2008, 01:54 PM

And hai2u, EphekZ.

Sometimes when people act, they get so into their role that its hard for them to come out of character. Sometimes it gets to the point where they begin to mistake themselves for the character they're player, they're that into it. From what I heard, whenever Heath was on set, he was The Joker. Even when the director said cut, he stayed in character.
And with a character that is so twisted and deranged, its no surprise that Heath's health suffered.

But boy, am I excited to see this movie. The last time I was so excited for a movie was when the first Pokemans movie came out. Gettin fuckin MIDNIGHT showing tickets, FUCK YEAR.

SpikeOtacon
Jul 13, 2008, 02:37 PM
WELCOME TO PLANET MOTHERFUCKER