PDA

View Full Version : PSU I'm glad for the downtime the next two days.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 13, 2008, 05:32 AM
http://www.e3expo.com/

SEGA couldn't have picked a better time. Now we can all spend time ogling games we can't have yet and fill our consoles with demos to the brim. Just in case it hadn't crossed anybody's mind.

Broodstar1337
Jul 13, 2008, 07:00 AM
If you haven't been doing that already, then you poor bastard...

Jainsea
Jul 13, 2008, 07:16 AM
I suppose it will give me time to figure a way to run the wires from point A to point B to get back on.
I miss my PSU ;_;
*plays offline tic tac toe*

Mysterious-G
Jul 13, 2008, 07:37 AM
I plan to sleep until the servers are up again!! ;o

Cracka_J
Jul 13, 2008, 08:24 AM
Well, I guess it's time for me to renew then if the server move is successful. Prolly get a 6 month'er to avoid future billing bs, and to save on a months cost. We'll see how it goes...my chips are still on "fail".

_Wolf_
Jul 13, 2008, 09:13 AM
I cant wait for E3, but im still concerned about the server move i hope everything goes well.

amtalx
Jul 13, 2008, 09:34 AM
I cant wait for E3, but im still concerned about the server move i hope everything goes well.

Hope is the first step towards disappointment.

Broodstar1337
Jul 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hope is the first step towards disappointment.

Ironically, it's also the first step towards satisfaction.

Kismet
Jul 13, 2008, 11:42 AM
Doesn't seen like E3 will be as exciting this year... A lot of potential companies and well-known names are presenting nothing too spectacular. (At least in my opinion, anyways. ^^)

At the end of the month Soul Calibur 4 comes out, so that's what I'm waiting for. I could care less about PSU's current suckage.

Ken_Silver
Jul 13, 2008, 11:59 AM
Doesn't seen like E3 will be as exciting this year... A lot of potential companies and well-known names are presenting nothing too spectacular. (At least in my opinion, anyways. ^^)

At the end of the month Soul Calibur 4 comes out, so that's what I'm waiting for. I could care less about PSU's current suckage.

That. Nintendo isn't going to wow the community with any new innovations and Sony & Microsoft don't have any new games to display that I care about.

Sega also has nothing of interest to me except more info about Sonic Chronicles or Sonic Unleashed. Some news on the state of the Phantasy Star series would help, but that's a shot in the dark.

After SCIV, the video gaming industry will be quiet until Fall.

Kismet
Jul 13, 2008, 12:03 PM
That. Nintendo isn't going to wow the community with any new innovations and Sony & Microsoft don't have any new games to display that I care about.

Sega also has nothing of interest to me except more info about Sonic Chronicles or Sonic Unleashed. Some news on the state of the Phantasy Star series would help, but that's a shot in the dark.

After SCIV, the video gaming industry will be quiet until Fall.

I couldn't agree more. T_T

Rambo!
Jul 13, 2008, 12:27 PM
Still waiting to here future message from the server move. Due to a window air conditioner falling on the server as we moved it into our truck all character data has been deleted. To make up for this we are implementing Mega Holy Luck for 2 months while you lvl up your character.

As for E3 I don't really see any new games coming out right now that I want so I don't think E3 will have much for me. That and I am busy with work right now.

mvffin
Jul 13, 2008, 08:42 PM
I've been playing PSP demo for a few days now, so the outage won't affect me at all.

Unless it takes a couple weeks to recover, at which point I will probably have done EVERYTHING in the PSP demo. = \

Alastor_Haven
Jul 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
BRAWL
Go outside
Fap
Fap
Fap
BRAWL

Repeat

Noblewine
Jul 13, 2008, 09:04 PM
Gaming and work mostly.

Tyreek
Jul 13, 2008, 10:37 PM
I'm fine with this. The new semester starts tomorow for me, so I'll be concentrating on school thankfully. I need a break anyway. And if something happens, well, it was really nice playing with you all. I'm not giving up hope yet, but I will at least leave with a smile on my face if that time comes to pass.

BlueFire2k5
Jul 13, 2008, 10:51 PM
Indeed. E3 is usually interesting. I plan on watching the Microsoft event tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully there will be some cool announcements for the 360.

Apone
Jul 13, 2008, 11:03 PM
well the srvers are down... light a candle! pray for the servers! will it be ok? .... the suspense! oh the suspense!

Para
Jul 13, 2008, 11:06 PM
Mmm definitely more time for other games like wc3, Brawl and such...

HEAVY STEALIN' MAH SENTRY (http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9218/1202878977994mo3.jpg)

Mikura
Jul 13, 2008, 11:07 PM
Really hope Sega doesn't screw up our character accounts. I'd really hate to lose my Degahna Cannon I just bought yesterday. >_>

ThEoRy
Jul 13, 2008, 11:13 PM
Ironically, it's also the first step towards satisfaction.

Although thats not irony, I see what you are trying to say.

Similarly, it's also the first step towards satisfaction.

fixed (sorry, its a pet peeve)

Irony would be if Sega was moving the servers to a different building because of a fire safety issue and while on the way they got into an accident and the servers caught on fire.

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 11:17 PM
im kool with it, gimme a reason to start playing Ninja Gaiden II on the higher difficulties LOL. only thing that sux is i had 3 things synthesizing with 20 min left on em :(

RemiusTA
Jul 13, 2008, 11:18 PM
If you haven't been doing that already, then you poor bastard...

After going from FlyFF to PSU and sadly not finding a difference, i can safely say that i am 100% finished with ALL MMORPG's that do NOT originate in America.

FUCK foreign management. The other countries are always going to get the decayed end of the stick with the mold and juicy termites.

BFGfreak
Jul 13, 2008, 11:18 PM
Well, I'm hoping that they actually can back up our charecter data. I'm kinda scared to tell you this, but my dad has his own private WoW server at work, well, they moved that server around 3 times, and every time, they couldn't figure out how to save charecter data. Now granted, with this, it's the company who made the server codes who are moving them, but given their recent track record, I'm extreamly nervious that's 2000 hours of life I've put into those charecters. I would like to empasise that again, PSU is not WoW,, and I'm probibly worrieing about nothing, and that SoA won't drop the servers off the golden gate bridge (accidently or otherwise) but still, I'm worried.

DAMASCUS
Jul 13, 2008, 11:32 PM
I was hoping to finish FFIII DS but that last boss was full of crap. No save point for a full hour? Thats just mean.

I may still start on FFTA2. I'll take my time getting to the boss in question.

..and I have five s ranks in the oven waiting to greet me next month ;)

Ken_Silver
Jul 13, 2008, 11:43 PM
I was hoping to finish FFIII DS but that last boss was full of crap. No save point for a full hour? Thats just mean.

I may still start on FFTA2. I'll take my time getting to the boss in question.

..and I have five s ranks in the oven waiting to greet me next month ;)

You too?!? I'm not the only one, I see. I went on to try and get the Onion Knight's armor, but they don't ever drop!

Anyways... I'm surpised that no one made a "Doomsday" topic about how we'll never get to play after this because of Segac or something dumb like that.

But I tell you this, if for some reason, we DO loose all of our character data, I'm done with any form of online PS anything.

Will still get PS:P though. Trust in Alpha Systems, screw Sonic Team.

*Thinks about the newest Sonic Unleashed commercial and dies* :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ashley50
Jul 14, 2008, 12:23 AM
first time it goes back on...Rollback?

then a debug mission? Rollback?

anyways...more time for me to play MGO :)

pikachief
Jul 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
BRAWL
Go outside
Fap
Fap
Fap
BRAWL

Repeat

i cant do #3-5 of that list if Kitty's gone!!!!! T_T

lololol jk........................ .... . . . . >.>

anyways, im jsut gonna play as kitty on PSP demo ^^

Kismet
Jul 14, 2008, 12:49 AM
I'd be damned if Sega lost character information. I'd never a buy single Sega game ever again.

DC_Seraph
Jul 14, 2008, 12:57 AM
Now i guess i can prestige in COD4 somemore.... i guess i have to w8 till wendsday to pull out my de ragan slayic

GlowSticks
Jul 14, 2008, 01:49 AM
Unreal 3 Ftw.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 14, 2008, 01:59 AM
After going from FlyFF to PSU and sadly not finding a difference, i can safely say that i am 100% finished with ALL MMORPG's that do NOT originate in America.

Square Enix's Final Fantasy XI is equally fair to players. Both Japanese, EU, and NA players are all on the same servers and have the same ups and downs with each other. Also, FFXI is probably the most stable MMO.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 14, 2008, 02:00 AM
Play SWBF2 (I'm Talon Karrde on Jedi Battle Arena and Shattered Planet)
Play on GGPO
Play Musou Orochi 2 (Warriors Orochi 2, but JP since American VAing sucks)
Get some sleep
Do some work
Pray Sega doesn't fuck up the server move

autumn
Jul 14, 2008, 04:26 AM

^ That. In abundance.

furrypaws
Jul 14, 2008, 08:36 AM
If they lose my character data, I wouldn't even care that I just bought a 6 month plan like 2 weeks ago. I'd quit for good and move permanantly back to PSO.

I'm more thinking it'll be something like,

"We're sorry to announce that because we forgot the plug to the computer at our old headquarters, we can no longer host the North American servers of Phantasy Star Universe. We apologize for your inconvinience, and thank you for all your support.

-Sega of America"

Ken_Silver
Jul 14, 2008, 10:13 AM
Play SWBF2 (I'm Talon Karrde on Jedi Battle Arena and Shattered Planet)
Play on GGPO
Play Musou Orochi 2 (Warriors Orochi 2, but JP since American VAing sucks)
Get some sleep
Do some work

This is not out yet in the US is it? And the Voice Acting does not suck. Granted, it changes every game, but it doesn't totally suck.

Akaimizu
Jul 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
I actually enjoy the American VA for Warriors Orochi (1, since 2 isn't out yet). Sometimes, it's hilariously funny, kind of like a 70's Kung fu Flick. It grows on you. :)

Still, I'll give it to Warriors Orochi for finally putting a little kick into their otherwise Dynasty Warriors franchise. The whole Marvel vs. Capcom 2 switch style of play is definitely something that keeps it from feeling like more of the same.

I'll probably check out the PSP demo. Play some more Civilization Revolution (It's quite fun, and kind of is like a twisted child of various previous Civs stepping into Civ 4's territory). Do a bit of Tabula Rasa and hopefully fit in some Mass Effect.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
This is not out yet in the US is it? And the Voice Acting does not suck. Granted, it changes every game, but it doesn't totally suck.

I used the JP name Musou Orochi 2 because that's what I'm playing: the JP version on my modded PS2Slim. I can read some Kanji, all Katakana, all Hiragana, and know enough conversational Japanese to get by. AWESOME game, btw.

I'm not a fan of American voice acting for games that didn't originate in America. Then again, I'm not a fan of a majority of the American VAs (who usually crossover to both anime and video games) either.

But if games DID originate in America, I think they tend to have really good VAs doing them. I mean, simple commentary like in the WWF games (not a fan of, but I know there's a couple of them that have good create a wrestler modes), Half-Life, Mortal Kombat, etc.

Anyway, I'm still praying. The weeaboo inside me wishes there was one of those miko shrines so I can PRAY TO THE GODS OF SEGA that this move will go fine.

Akaimizu
Jul 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
Of course, Bioware, and Silicon Knights. They also typically have great voice acting in them for those who produce for consoles. But alas, they fit in your description for games that originate in English-speaking countries.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 14, 2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, doesn't bother me at all. E3 makes up for it.

Primes
Jul 14, 2008, 05:19 PM
I want a Fallout 3 demo..NAOW. A gears 2 would be nice, but it's not happening.. so would a Fable demo...again; not happening.

LaMBoLOgy
Jul 14, 2008, 06:07 PM
I'm just gonna go Girlie hunting, Hit up some clubs and party as usual. Psu being down Really won't affect my life.

GaNksTa
Jul 14, 2008, 06:13 PM
Seeing as I am in the middle of the pacific 2,500 miles away from my 360 it won't make much of a difference. Though the great thing about it is that I'll be getting home late on the 16th so it will be as if it were never down at all..

Stryker Diaz
Jul 14, 2008, 06:18 PM
BRAWL
Go outside
Fap
Fap
Fap
BRAWL

Repeat

ya that sounds like my schedule -_-

cept I havent lost in brawl in so long that im pretty much bored with that game for now, so ima try out DBZ till some more people that are decent on brawl decide to show up instead of the newbies who all choose marth and think their great with an Uber character, same goes for Ike.

gryphonvii
Jul 14, 2008, 07:26 PM
I've had my down time for a while now, I have nothing on psu except the grind and that gets boring fast, just playing Bad Company and age of conan now.

AlphaDragoon
Jul 14, 2008, 07:59 PM
ya that sounds like my schedule -_-

cept I havent lost in brawl in so long that im pretty much bored with that game for now, so ima try out DBZ till some more people that are decent on brawl decide to show up instead of the newbies who all choose marth and think their great with an Uber character, same goes for Ike.

Huh? Ike isn't "uber", he's decent. I know because I main Ike. Now Marth is pretty good, he's not broken like Snake or Meta Knight though. ^^;

I'm still laughing over all the people BAWWWing about Final Fantasy XIII being on Xbox 360. :D

gryphonvii
Jul 14, 2008, 08:04 PM
ONly reason Ima choose FFXII on 360 over my ps3 is because of achievments.

pikachief
Jul 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
got RPGMAKERXP!

gonna see how good of an RPG i can make out of the little the game gives me XD

if my friend actually likes this, im gonna make a better upgraded version with multiple endings, and more classes weapons dungeons and a new character :D

but first things first, i take so long on this program it takes me like a whole day for 1-3 rooms XD

anyways PSOBB RPGMakers, some other games, E3 news all good ways to spend these 2-3 days :)

XIIBlades
Jul 14, 2008, 08:33 PM
I just hope that Star Ocean 4 and FF XIII will also be coming out on the PS3, not just the 360.

dexter_safe
Jul 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
Star Scean 4 is just for 360 it would seem, FF XIII was only just anounced for the 360 aswell.i don't know which 1 I want more ffX13 or Star Ocean, then there are the other square-enix games comng out ><. ya i would get them over gears of war 2 x.x

pikachief
Jul 14, 2008, 09:07 PM
Star Scean 4 is just for 360 it would seem, FF XIII was only just anounced for the 360 aswell.i don't know which 1 I want more ffX13 or Star Ocean, then there are the other square-enix games comng out ><. ya i would get them over gears of war 2 x.x

FF13 is for 360 and PS3, FF13 Versus is PS3 only. FF13 was originally planned for PS3 only :P

autumn
Jul 14, 2008, 09:10 PM
You guys do that. I'm gonna do some runs of Shred the Darkness :D

gryphonvii
Jul 14, 2008, 10:09 PM
I beleive star ocean is for ps3 as well, since it was not slated as an exclusive, besides square is too smart to have a pemier title only on a system that is not as well as PS3 in Japan, they want to make more money not bash the PS3.

Anyways, still waiting on the new "Tales" gmaes and wanting a radiata stories sequel.

hans4
Jul 14, 2008, 10:23 PM
i woke up at 8 to watch the microsoft press confrence

gryphonvii
Jul 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
didn't it start at 10:30?
Tomorrow is t Nintendo and Sony, hopefull to see something good.

hans4
Jul 14, 2008, 10:26 PM
yea i was really sleepy and couldent read my clock right

i know its a long shot but im really hoping for KH3 2 be anouced tomorrow sometime

furrypaws
Jul 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
I guess this gives me more inspiration to play PSO. *sigh*

4.5 mil exp total. About 78.5 mil more to 200 if I remember correctly. I'll do it...eventually. X_X

Mimo
Jul 15, 2008, 04:25 AM
yay psu is back up and ready to go! *i guess this is the right thread lol*

well for the time that psu was down, i tried out EVE ONLINE

Here are some pics i took of the game... :d

[spoiler-box]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/eveop1.png

my character Vlicidi
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/evecharvlicidi.png

lol just because i did little music note symbols.... gm got annoyed :(
Gm: "Vlicidi. This channel is ENGLISH ONLY. Thanks."
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/eveLOL.png

weee!! getting chased by pirates! jk lol
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/eveweeeee.png
[/spoiler-box]

Seority
Jul 15, 2008, 04:50 AM
I'm so glad I have PSU on my computer!
...oh wait...
-slumps back into her manga-

Noyo
Jul 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
PS3 sUXS b@lls

AlphaDragoon
Jul 15, 2008, 01:10 PM
got RPGMAKERXP!

I wasn't a fan of RPG Maker XP, myself. I preferred RPG Maker 2003, simply for the fact that it came with a FF-style battle system that you didn't have to custom code (although I customized it some anyway). I should really get back to working on my game in there, I was getting some cool stuff to happen.

I just hope that Star Ocean 4 and FF XIII will also be coming out on the PS3, not just the 360.

FFXIII is coming out for PS3, it's just multiplatform (haha fanboys) now. As for SO4, it'll probably come out for PS3 later on. Doesn't bother me though, because I have a Wii and a 360 which seem to be getting all the Japanese RPGs nowadays. :D

360's got Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, and The Last Remnant on the way, and Wii's got the Tales of Symphonia sequel along with a brand-new Tales title coming out later and Monster Hunter 3 (MMORPG, but yeah).

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
Nintendo Conference was fail.

http://members.shaw.ca/nervx/wiifail.jpg

Seority
Jul 15, 2008, 01:23 PM
Nice. X3

Cracka_J
Jul 15, 2008, 01:32 PM
That's too bad, for a system with still so much untapped potential.
I still have my wii, but honestly, outside of a few brawl matches here and there, I haven't had a serious 3+ hour session with any game on that system for about the past year.

Feels like the same thing that happened to Dreamcast. Awesome system, huge potential, but no 1st/3rd party support or quality titles. I don't regret getting my 360 at all now :(

dexter_safe
Jul 15, 2008, 03:32 PM
FF13 is for 360 and PS3, FF13 Versus is PS3 only. FF13 was originally planned for PS3 only :P

is any1 shocked to hear ff13 is now going to be coming to the xbox 360, maybe it's just me ><

Tyreek
Jul 15, 2008, 03:44 PM
I heard about it coming on 360. Not surprised though as Xbox can use that beautiful graphic potential as well. Anyway, I've been keeping myself occupied playing some Persona 3 FES! XD Nearly done with The Journey.

Para
Jul 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hmm.... GTA for DS.... Im up for that.

Animal Crossing for Wii? Sounds fun to me...

Also... KIRBY SUPER STAR FOR DS... omg they need more information on that game... I loved playing Kirby on SNES. Just thinking of the co-op for DS sounds really fun.

Tyreek
Jul 15, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hmm.... GTA for DS.... Im up for that.

Animal Crossing for Wii? Sounds fun to me...

Also... KIRBY SUPER STAR FOR DS... omg they need more information on that game... I loved playing Kirby on SNES. Just thinking of the co-op for DS sounds really fun.

Kirby Superstar Ultra..... GIB NAO!!!!! How long I've waited for the remake. I hope they have Milkyway Wishes Ultra, since Metaknight Ultra is confirmed. XD

And Animal Crossing for the Wii huh? I saw that coming a mile away.

AlphaDragoon
Jul 15, 2008, 04:59 PM
All three keynotes were garbage. The only shocker of the entire thing was FFXIII for 360.