PDA

View Full Version : Joke: 10 bucks that SOMETHING goes wrong during the move.

Sega011
Jul 14, 2008, 06:55 AM
Something will go wrong.

Our characters will be deleted.
Someone will lose a server.
A server will set on fire.
They'll decide to take vacation and forget to turn on the servers.

Go ahead. Start listing other things that could go wrong. :P

Mysterious-G
Jul 14, 2008, 06:56 AM
You only bet 10 bucks? You poor guy have more trust in SoA than you should. :p

Alura
Jul 14, 2008, 07:08 AM
something will go wrong? or something else will be added to the long list of things gone wrong?

Kizeragi
Jul 14, 2008, 07:18 AM
Now this has been posted, something WILL go wrong. :/

Jainsea
Jul 14, 2008, 07:29 AM
jezz :\ think positive for once? They don't need any help with us jinxing them =_=

Zero-Sensei
Jul 14, 2008, 07:29 AM
Hmmm.. Interesting...

ashley50
Jul 14, 2008, 07:30 AM
OP makes another thread about it after it actually happens.

Zero-Sensei
Jul 14, 2008, 07:33 AM
*Sigh.* I don't want to take sides on whether or not anything will happen.
What interests me is how many people have this on their minds at the moment. ^^;

furrypaws
Jul 14, 2008, 07:37 AM
Roll back to about 2 months after PSU original started.

drizzle
Jul 14, 2008, 07:50 AM
Rollback to MAG and call it MAG 2!

Sega011
Jul 14, 2008, 07:53 AM
Geez people its just a joke thread, relax a little bit. I just wanted to see other people poke fun at Sega. :P

Cracka_J
Jul 14, 2008, 08:10 AM
Rollback to MAG and call it MAG 2!

y'know...for some reason that sounds about right.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 14, 2008, 08:13 AM
Technically you have already lost this bet as SEGA has charged your account for this month already. Not much of a wager is you ask me.

Cracka_J
Jul 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
I haven't paid since April. I dunno what you're talking about. ^^

ashley50
Jul 14, 2008, 08:55 AM
Geez people its just a joke thread, relax a little bit. I just wanted to see other people poke fun at Sega. :P

That's ALREADY been done a lot of times you know...

Sega011
Jul 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
That's ALREADY been done a lot of times you know...

Sigh... Really, you could just not come into threads you don't like. Sure, people make fun of Sega a lot. I was just asking people to come up with random ideas of what could happen during the move for the sake of entertainment. Chill. Out.

Xefi
Jul 14, 2008, 09:19 AM
jezz : think positive for once? They don't need any help with us jinxing them =_=

yes, think positive now.

Ken_Silver
Jul 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
Was waiting for a doomsday thread.

Now it's time to let loose:

Lightning Strikes the New Servers
The GM attempt to back up the serves using Microsoft Vista
Sega of Japan doesn't give them the reboot "code" or something of the like
Robbers attack the moving servers and sell them for cash on E-bay
A Dog takes a whizz on the servers, confusing them for a Fire Hydrant
While re-fueling the truck Chill or Ruby makes a phone call, causing the truck to explode (Chill or Ruby still lives though)
The servers reboot it uber rare drops, resulting in a rollback
The servers reboot up with uber rare drop missions and a rollback is impossible, thus breaking the in game economy in two
The servers reboot without MAG 2 and a bunch of rabid fans attack SOA HW
One server is stolen and a player free server pops up 3 weeks later
Hackers get a hold of the servers and Zero out everyone's PM
Jesus comes down from heaven and takes over the servers, making the game godly

...phew. I think I did my fair share.

Mysterious-G
Jul 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
Jesus comes down from heaven and takes over the servers, making the game godly

I lol'd. A bit. :p

Sasamichan
Jul 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
Dumbest thread ever. I'll put $10 that nothing will happen.

(Delays or minor bugs don't count.)

Merumeru
Jul 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
XD i only imagine that itll take longer than expected

Anduril
Jul 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
I doubt too much can happen to the data on the servers, I mean they probably have it backed up to another location in case of emergency right? I'm of the opinion that if anything goes wrong it will just be that the servers won't be back up for a little longer that scheduled.

Simmy
Jul 14, 2008, 11:40 AM
I predict everyones gear will be gone along with our photon arts, forcing sega to give us free goods like c rank wands and free clothes. LMAO

DAMASCUS
Jul 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
No no people. They'll run out of money to fill the gas-powered generator thats powering the database backup.

I blame gas prices..

MUDGRIP
Jul 14, 2008, 11:42 AM
Well I personally laid a spike strip in front of their moving vans....so there going to have to walk.

Googlebonker
Jul 14, 2008, 11:44 AM
To our valued American and European customers:

We regret to inform you that the Phantasy Star Universe servers will not be reinstated for operation outside Japan. Sonic Team has informed us that operation and maintenance costs for the PSU game and billing servers are outweighing the finances gained from subscription fees, resulting in a loss for Sega of America, Inc. and Sega Europe, Ltd.

All PSU-related hardware will therefore be wiped clean of all unneeded files, including, but not limited to, character, item, graphic, and gameplay information. The hardware will be reused for a future online title if deemed functional by Sega Corporation, Sega of America, Inc., Sega Europe, Ltd., Sonic Team, or any of Sega's subsidaries.

We have enjoyed brining you Phantasy Star Universe and thank you for your continued loyal support, even through difficult times. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope our many fans have enjoyed Phantasy Star Universe.

Sega Corporation
Sega of America, Inc.
Sega Europe Ltd.
Sonic Team

WARNING: THE ABOVE FAKE LETTER TO CUSTOMERS IS A JOKE! DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY! XD

lol What if that happened?!

Ithildin
Jul 14, 2008, 11:57 AM

We regret to inform you that the Phantasy Star Universe servers will not be reinstated for operation outside Japan. Sonic Team has informed us that operation and maintenance costs for the PSU game and billing servers are outweighing the finances gained from subscription fees, resulting in a loss for Sega of America, Inc. and Sega Europe, Ltd.

All PSU-related hardware will therefore be wiped clean of all unneeded files, including, but not limited to, character, item, graphic, and gameplay information. The hardware will be reused for a future online title if deemed functional by Sega Corporation, Sega of America, Inc., Sega Europe, Ltd., Sonic Team, or any of Sega's subsidaries.

We have enjoyed brining you Phantasy Star Universe and thank you for your continued loyal support, even through difficult times. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope our many fans have enjoyed Phantasy Star Universe.

Sega Corporation
Sega of America, Inc.
Sega Europe Ltd.
Sonic Team

WARNING: THE ABOVE FAKE LETTER TO CUSTOMERS IS A JOKE! DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY! XD

Oh ye of little faith. It may take longer than a few days but we will have PSU back. I really think if they took the servers down early it would be such a bad business move by Sega. So many PS fans would lose what little faith we have left and probably never try a PS game again.

strikershadow
Jul 14, 2008, 11:58 AM

Sega Corporation
Sega of America, Inc.
Sega Europe Ltd.
Sonic Team

The funny thing is, there already in the mail :D

Ken_Silver
Jul 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
Remember folks, its a joke topic. No one should take anything said in this thread seriously.

Let loose a litte. After all, the best way to deal with fustration is to laugh about it.

Personally, I believe that it will go well without a hitch, but this topic is about having fun with the idea. So go along with it or find another thread. :D

Cracka_J
Jul 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Let loose a litte. After all, the best way to deal with fustration is to laugh about it.

lol, seriously, right?

Most of the reason people visit these forums is to have a place to discuss both the good and bad issues of the game we all play. If you can get excited over the good stuff and discuss it with a community, it's just as nice to have a place to vent and lol at when shit gets bad.

Slampage
Jul 14, 2008, 12:27 PM
ha thats the first thing that entered my mind when i heard about it

Noblewine
Jul 14, 2008, 12:30 PM
I thought it was yesterday. =P

strikershadow
Jul 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
Question, who here things the move will be a "good" thing, and when I say that i dont mean the servers coming up on time, i mean with problems after the move? are they doing this because they think it will solve issues?

BahnKnakyu
Jul 14, 2008, 12:59 PM
Realistically, I think the server move is gonna end up taking longer than 2 days. Something will refuse to turn on and/or a cable might be cut, or something will be done incorrectly. Sega is not known to do things flawlessly. All joking aside, that's what I think - Murphy's gonna rear his ugly head and slap Sega in the face. I pray that they hired an IT consultant to do the move...

Bear...
Jul 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
dude it's sega of america were talking about here its not worth a bet its inevitable

strikershadow
Jul 14, 2008, 01:21 PM
I didnt mean the move being messed up, who thinks after the move and the games up (regardless if its delayed or not) will make the game better and we will get updates and stuff were suppose to, and no more errors?

X--Hero--X
Jul 14, 2008, 01:21 PM
R.I.P PSU...jk it's been dead. :)

Masterflower
Jul 14, 2008, 01:33 PM
<.< i wonder how many would care if their characters get deleted :3, i know i dont at this point, be a good enough reason to stop playing all together :3

DarkEliteRico
Jul 14, 2008, 01:49 PM
<.< i wonder how many would care if their characters get deleted :3, i know i dont at this point, be a good enough reason to stop playing all together :3
God seriously if that happened, i probably would be on the phone with someone getting my license stopped. To have multiple capped characters, a huge stack of hard earned money and good weapons to be deleted over someones stupidity means i don't need to be paying for piss poor service like that. Everything up to that is excusable to a point, but to take EVERYTHING away :-o

malhese
Jul 14, 2008, 02:19 PM
they do mess alot of things up, but hopefully they have this planned down to the "t" and even have a "zombie" plan. that would be reassuring. surely they will make a statement today about delays and what not if any.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jul 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
God seriously if that happened, i probably would be on the phone with someone getting my license stopped. To have multiple capped characters, a huge stack of hard earned money and good weapons to be deleted over someones stupidity means i don't need to be paying for piss poor service like that. Everything up to that is excusable to a point, but to take EVERYTHING away :-o

Either now or later ^^ servers will be shut down sooner or later haha

Zarode
Jul 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XEwlMw5MU

Server move! :D

Clumsy sure seems to enjoy this! Whoa man!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2OAP8NEakUI

Mag is also delayed. Again.

For the fifth time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HtTUsOKjWyQ

Dragwind
Jul 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
If you're going to complain, bring it to the Rants: Dead horse Society forums. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21) Don't bring your bashing here.

DarkEliteRico
Jul 14, 2008, 04:33 PM
Either now or later ^^ servers will be shut down sooner or later haha

That's a given, if shut down now with no warning they'd loose my future business as well.

Danny_Dark
Jul 14, 2008, 04:53 PM
!!!...Agreed...

SEGAC: Because Good Business is an Oximoron for Us.

goldbrease
Jul 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
i vote we stop trying to jinx ourselves here!

LaMBoLOgy
Jul 14, 2008, 05:29 PM
I have no faith in sega, But I try not to look towards a negative future.

Kinako78
Jul 14, 2008, 05:31 PM
i vote we stop trying to jinx ourselves here!

Agreed. I'm seriously starting to think some of you actually WANT something bad to happen. Yes, this topic was started as a joke which is why I held back from commenting, but then some people started getting serious about this.

Off-topic: Zarode, that 3rd video reminds me of one of my old monitors. XD

Magician4
Jul 14, 2008, 05:38 PM
I'll take that bet! ST can't be crazy enough to mess up everyone's data... I wish I could actually say that. But seriously what could possibly go wrong in two days (don't answer that :p)

Gryffin
Jul 14, 2008, 05:42 PM
I kinda think the truck will crash. :T

But the server's will be fine. And the GM's, because they'll be bubblewrapped and boxed carefully. :)

Nitro Vordex
Jul 14, 2008, 06:00 PM
Why has no one made a joke about $10 and the subscription yet? :/

I'm ashamed of all of you.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
c'mon yall ...

what could possibly go wrong moving thousands of dollars worth of equipment by a second-rate moving company in an earthquake-prone environment?

Kinako78
Jul 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
Why has no one made a joke about $10 and the subscription yet? :/

I'm ashamed of all of you.

I thought someone had.

gryphonvii
Jul 14, 2008, 07:24 PM
everyone gets spread needles, and sanges

_Wolf_
Jul 14, 2008, 08:51 PM

I dont know why but i actually wouldnt care, i think it would be fun (being forced) to start over my characters

autumn
Jul 14, 2008, 08:58 PM
To the videos posted, I LoLed. Alot. :D
And really, nothing will happen. Nothing could possibly evar go wrong.... :P

Rescue
Jul 14, 2008, 09:27 PM
Has anyone ever had the feeling of wanting something to go wrong just for the hell of it? I got that feeling now and it doesnt feel bad.

Rescue
Jul 14, 2008, 09:29 PM
Technically you have already lost this bet as SEGA has charged your account for this month already. Not much of a wager is you ask me.

There is your subscription joke right there...

Noblewine
Jul 14, 2008, 09:54 PM
*Crossing fingers* my data is unharmed after finally reaching lv 20 on Anga Dugrega.

hans4
Jul 14, 2008, 10:30 PM
lol maybe there will be some sorta screw up and when we get back online we will all have 99999999999999 mesta! :P

gryphonvii
Jul 14, 2008, 10:36 PM
if there is a screw up that affects us in a bad way, segac will tell us that we will be reimbursed shortly, if the screw up benefits us, say... we catch up on updates with JP, then Rollback.

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2008, 11:01 PM
jezz : think positive for once? They don't need any help with us jinxing them =_=

...Am i the only one who thinks its pathetic when your fanbase has to think like this?

Alastor_Haven
Jul 14, 2008, 11:14 PM
For once

Just once

I'll agree with you

Syl
Jul 14, 2008, 11:30 PM
Let's just pray the hamster that runs the servers doesn't run away ;_;

goldbrease
Jul 14, 2008, 11:32 PM
Let's just pray the hamster that runs the servers doesn't run away ;_;

the hamster joke used to be funny.... untill every mmo in the world decided to use it lol.

CelestialBlade
Jul 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
Quite frankly I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

...what?

S.T.K
Jul 14, 2008, 11:36 PM

...what?

um.. some files could have been forgotten, or not backed up
and they get lost forever when they shut the server down..

which is very possible..

i mean theirs millions of items in that game, what are the odds of nothing coming up missing?

RedRaz0r
Jul 15, 2008, 12:55 AM

No offense, but are you stoned? ITS SEGA!!!! WE ARE THINKING POSITIVE!

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 15, 2008, 01:30 AM
No offense, but are you stoned? ITS SEGA!!!! WE ARE THINKING POSITIVE!

Hmmm so from what was said...............Thinking "Negativily" bout SEGA is actually thinkin "positivly"??????

o_0

lol

I'm not really worrying about it.....
If everything is 100% ok......YAY ^_^
If not.....then i want $10 from playing from July 1st-14th :P
Well lets see thats bout half the month....maybe $5

Zarode
Jul 15, 2008, 01:33 AM

...what?

Huh. (http://eon8apocolypse.ytmnd.com/)

:wacko:

Seority
Jul 15, 2008, 04:13 AM
Everything seems to be fine.
Hope you didn't loose too much money.
^^;

Adriano
Jul 15, 2008, 04:44 AM
I sure hope their getting kicked outmove goes well for them, and you guys, :)

Zos
Jul 16, 2008, 10:15 AM
Seems like he was right, no more universe 13/14.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 16, 2008, 10:34 AM

lol of course something went wrong. :/

Proto07
Jul 16, 2008, 10:48 AM

Who uses those unis anyway?

RedRaz0r
Jul 16, 2008, 11:30 PM
Who uses those unis anyway?

Lol kinda funny but, Im almost always in 14 =O

SStrikerR
Jul 17, 2008, 10:15 AM

Sega Corporation
Sega of America, Inc.
Sega Europe Ltd.
Sonic Team

lol What if that happened?!Didn't even need to tell me it's fake cuz there's no spelling errors. lulz