PDA

View Full Version : i have 2 questions regarding psu

Meyfei
Jul 15, 2008, 07:54 AM
which servers (pc/ps2 or Xbox) is more populated/perferred?

will PSU go online properly with the PS3?

relentless
Jul 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
XBox 360 servers obviously have the more populated side.
Yet I personally prefer PC/PS2 servers much more. :)

Yeah, I believe it'll work just fine on PS3.

fay
Jul 15, 2008, 08:25 AM
xbox 360 has more

i dont know how many people make up 1 star. but the pc usually gets about 2 on average.
the 360 can on average get about 9

Junia
Jul 15, 2008, 08:26 AM
1 star is 2k people?
correct me if im wrong

fay
Jul 15, 2008, 08:30 AM
actually i thought it was 2k people aswell so ill stick my that

pc/ps2 server averages about 4000-6000 people
360 server averages about 18000-26000 people

Ezodagrom
Jul 15, 2008, 08:35 AM
1 star is 200 ppl, 1 universe is 1000.

Junia
Jul 15, 2008, 10:14 AM

So, its only like 500 aktive ps2/pc players?
I find that hard to belive

Syl
Jul 15, 2008, 11:01 AM
So, its only like 500 aktive ps2/pc players?
I find that hard to belive

Well considering lots of them just go onto another universe besides Uni 2, it's very possible that estimate is wrong. It's usually 3 stars at it's peak, but there's probably still a good 4 1/2 stars (tops) since when there was a GM announcement on a random day (I think it was for the Seal of the Dark God), a bunch of players flooded into the designated universe out of nowhere.

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 03:18 PM
I know this game has been out for ages now, but I've been interested in playing it. I played PSO and really enjoyed it. I was wondering if you guys could tell me if I should bother getting it. Are people still playing it alot? Do you like it more than the previous? and I was going to ask for which console would be best, but that is answered already haha. I'm not too good with computer games, but I was curious if the PC one was any good. Thanks ! : )

Pipiruu
Jul 15, 2008, 03:23 PM
I know this game has been out for ages now, but I've been interested in playing it. I played PSO and really enjoyed it. I was wondering if you guys could tell me if I should bother getting it. Are people still playing it alot? Do you like it more than the previous? and I was going to ask for which console would be best, but that is answered already haha. I'm not too good with computer games, but I was curious if the PC one was any good. Thanks ! : )

While the ps2/pc server's population is dwindling, PSU itself is extremely enjoyable, especially if you're coming from PSO. I personally love PSU and have more fun with it than PSO. If you want a more modern version of PSO, then I would recommend PSU!

I tried the 360 servers, but being a girl on there is waaay too....unpleasent for me. ._.

Syl
Jul 15, 2008, 03:29 PM

People are still playing, yeah. Although if you do plan on playing on the PC version there's a couple things you need to know about. You need a semi decent comp to play it functionally. If you have a pretty good comp though, the PC version is by far the smoothest and prettiest version of PSU. Not to mention you can take screenshots.

You may also want to look into a PS2 to USB converter (Radioshack has em) because playing on keyboard is a big pain.

There's definitely stuff I like over PSO in this game, and the same goes for PSO with PSU. Even though they carry the same title, don't expect it to be PSO 2.

You should check it out though, you may enjoy it. The game itself is pretty cheap nowadays (if not free *COUGH COUGH*).

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 03:30 PM
Oh i know I can imagine. I have seen my brother play Halo, and it is not pretty. Hilarious, but it can get annoying. Are there like... and expansion packs or anything or all there is is just the original. Also how much is it a month for online?

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2008, 03:33 PM
Oddly enough. There's a good amount of great female PSU players on the 360. Though like anything, it's best when you find a group. The not-so-pleasantries of popular online forums is something that's just common.

Still, small tight-knit locales have their advantages, too.

(And never. Ever compare all of Live to Halo. That's like comparing all of the PC community to Unreal/Quake/Guild Wars.)

Syl
Jul 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
PSU has one expansion so far. It's a stand alone, so you can buy PSU: Ambitions of the Illuminus and not worry about the original.

It's $9.99 a month, but you get 15 free days on your first purchase. You can also buy a 6 month subscription for $49.99 and you get like a lot of days for free (45? I'm not so sure lol)

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
Ahhhh I see... yea your right about the keyboards. Thats why i hate computer games, I'm so uncordinated haha. I think i may just stick with the PS2. Oh i have the smaller PS2, you know the skinny ones, i can still play it with that right??

Syl
Jul 15, 2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I used to play on that before I made the jump to PC. PC shares its servers with PS2, just in case you needed to know. PS2 can get sorta laggy, but at least you can enjoy the comfort of your bed/sofa lol.

Para
Jul 15, 2008, 03:44 PM
You may also want to look into a PS2 to USB converter (Radioshack has em) because playing on keyboard is a big pain.

I must disagree on some situations. I personally find it easier to melee with a keyboard than with a controller. However I guess it depends if you are used to console or pc gaming. Try setting up and using the keyboard first and see how it goes. If you are comfortable with it then don't bother buying a controller.

However I also agree with Sylvia on the situation that gunning with the keyboard does suck ass and I recommend using a controller if you plan to play ranger, maybe even force too but I don't play force so I don't know.

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
Ahh!! I did not know this, I thought they were all together. I only have a lap top so I could still relax on my couch, but I doubt it will do well with video games. I'll have to ask my brother since he is the brains when it comes to this crap. haha But if I do the PC version, I'm dif. getting the USB controll thing. Thanks alot for your help, and hopefully I'll see you on soon! haha

Wait I'm assuming you all still play right???

Syl
Jul 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
I must disagree on some situations. I personally find it easier to melee with a keyboard than with a controller. However I guess it depends if you are used to console or pc gaming. Try setting up and using the keyboard first and see how it goes. If you are comfortable with it then don't bother buying a controller.

However I also agree with Sylvia on the situation that gunning with the keyboard does suck ass and I recommend using a controller if you plan to play ranger, maybe even force too but I don't play force so I don't know.

My issue is personal though, I have carpal tunnel syndrome so playing on keyboard for more than an hour kills my hands for the rest of the day... ;_;

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 03:50 PM
How is that new class or species whatever they call it now, beast? Is it good??

Syl
Jul 15, 2008, 03:56 PM
How is that new class or species whatever they call it now, beast? Is it good??

Beasts are like HUCasts, they have the most ATP/HP/DFP and are great for melee orientated classes. They lack in the ATA (accuracy) department though, but most people believe ATA is pretty negligible.

Thing about PSU is that almost any race/class combo will work, even if you suffer in some areas. Beasts also get these power ups called Nanoblasts after you hit level 20. You turn into a big beast thing and your attack power goes through the roof. It builds up by taking or dealing damage. It only lasts a little while though. There's 4 types, depending on which stats you want to power up.

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 04:13 PM
ahh cool. Sounds different. In PSO i was a fonewearl, so I wanted to try something different. But it's neat that now you can do any class regardless of race.

shadowsniper6
Jul 15, 2008, 04:15 PM
I tried the 360 servers, but being a girl on there is waaay too....unpleasent for me. ._.
you just didn't find the right party lol and yeah xbox360 sucks for that part

Ruru
Jul 15, 2008, 04:25 PM

that's how it is for me in almost any online community...

will PSU go online properly with the PS3?

this depends on your PS3. some of the versions of PS3 are not backwards compatible with PS2 games, meaning no ps2 games of any kind at all can be played on these. there are some PS3's that will play PS2 games but i'm not sure which models do and if they are even being made anymore.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
Don't tell them you're a girl. >_> Also, XBox360 is full of kids, you should know that.

If you're coming from PSO, I want to give you a little advice.

DO NOT THINK OF THIS AS A NEW PSO. If you do, you won't like the game, trust me. Think of it as another MORPG. Think like that, and you'll have fun.

Ruru
Jul 15, 2008, 06:14 PM
well on 360 with a mic it's hard not to find out... luckily i'm not on 360 and for some reason people on PC/PS2 seem to think cocoruru is a masculine name.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
Probably because it does sound masculine. :wacko:

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
I was wondering if I should just get the new PSU the ambition illuminus. Can you still play with others that just have the original PSU? What is the difference other than probably have more stuff

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 10:24 PM
Well, more people have Illuminus now I do believe, plus there is obviously new content(missions, level cap[I think], items, weps and stuff). I think your characters transfer over, but I think you won't be able to use them on the original PSU anymore.

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
Oh alright, I don't have either one. So it is okay for me to just get the Illuminus right? I don't need original?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 10:31 PM
Naw, you can start with Illuminus. :)

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 10:32 PM
Whoo hoo. Thanks alot. : )

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 10:36 PM
No problem.

Also, I would recommend doing White Beast a few times, but only so that you can party with other people there if need be. Try not to run that mission too much anyways, it'll get boring fast. :wacko:

Katarina
Jul 15, 2008, 11:01 PM
haha thanks. Do you have the PC or PS2 version? oh and are there still like I guess you would call them cheats. I remember in PSO "duping" was a huge thing. hahaha... funny funny.. Do people still do stuff like that?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
All there is right now I think is the machine gun glitch, and they haven't fixed that yet. Cheating online doesn't happen much anymore as far as I've seen.

I was on PS2/PC (PC), but I probably won't get back on due to graphical issues/lag.

Plus I was on during the free period. :wacko:

GlowSticks
Jul 16, 2008, 03:30 AM

Yes that would be it ^

Sakuyarules
Jul 16, 2008, 12:36 PM
I know this is kind of a newbie question, but here goes. I bought PSU for 360 but haven't gone online yet. I know about the expansion Ambition of the Illuminus, but I was wondering if there is a 360 version that I would buy, like a new disc, because I haven't seen it in any stores; or is it a download from xbox live? I have been looking around a bit, but haven't found this answer (maybe I wasn't looking in the right places?). Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Found it on the official PSU site. Last time i checked there (about a month or 2 ago) I was unable to find it. But it's there now haha *embarrassed*.

Seiphiroth
Jul 16, 2008, 04:31 PM
You need to get it on Live

Sakuyarules
Jul 17, 2008, 04:45 AM
Thank you ^_^.