PDA

View Full Version : Servers Question

The_Great_Sebrof56
Jul 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
If each universe holds 1000 people, what happens when it overloads?

If you go to the 4th floor universe 2 there is about 6-9 people usually there waiting for someone to leave the universe 1. If All these people keep hoarding universe one, wont it soon, slowly, overload?

Indica
Jul 15, 2008, 04:04 PM
If there are too many people in a lobby or doing the same map, it will just lag very badly.

Ive seen a whole universe crash and disappear before, causing everyone to go offline and choose a different universe. That was mostly because of a hack attack last year

Skyly
Jul 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
I kinda see the universes as a freeway.. people coming on and people exiting

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 15, 2008, 04:15 PM
yea if its only 1000
like sklyl put it
1000 people on the freeway.....10 get off..........10 come on...............30 get off..............25 comes on ....then another 5 comes

The_Great_Sebrof56
Jul 15, 2008, 04:17 PM
If there are too many people in a lobby or doing the same map, it will just lag very badly.

Ive seen a whole universe crash and disappear before, causing everyone to go offline and choose a different universe. That was mostly because of a hack attack last year

I remember that. hehehehe

Ruru
Jul 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
pretty sure if too many people are on a single uni they'll get kicked off or forced to move/blocked if trying to go onto that uni.

Turb0
Jul 15, 2008, 04:46 PM
yea if its only 1000
like sklyl put it
1000 people on the freeway.....10 get off..........10 come on...............30 get off..............25 comes on ....then another 5 comes

I think what the OP is trying to say is: what if 1 person leaves a full universe, but there are 5 people waiting, and all go into it at the same time?

JAFO22000
Jul 15, 2008, 05:29 PM
I think what the OP is trying to say is: what if 1 person leaves a full universe, but there are 5 people waiting, and all go into it at the same time?

Then, I would think, that there would be 1004 people in universe 1 and then it would close for any new comers. Just because the servers close at appoximately 1000 people does NOT mean that this is the maximum amount of people a server can hold.

I would assume that when ANY universe is full, it could have anywhere from 980-1020 people in it at that time.

pikachief
Jul 15, 2008, 05:30 PM
we got over 20 people all together at 4th floor to go in at once and wait a while while it was full and we still got in just fine.

Im sure it closes when its ALMOST full so multiple people can still go in if only 1 person leaves.

and if it actually overloads the servers asploade and u have to get back into uni 1 lol

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 16, 2008, 12:44 AM

oooooooooooooo lol

well if anything........it would allow it
it might cause lag and or crash if literally the maximum amount was tooken place

but we dont want that to happen now do we????

APEXi
Jul 16, 2008, 12:45 AM
maybe it explains random disconnects to a degree

S.T.K
Jul 16, 2008, 12:59 AM
i think when there are too many ppl in one server, some ppl get server time out.
and they get disconnected. but ur still logged into X-Box live, so i know its not lagging out

but im not sure if this is true at all... just my theory

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 16, 2008, 02:28 AM
i think when there are too many ppl in one server, some ppl get server time out.
and they get disconnected. but ur still logged into X-Box live, so i know its not lagging out

but im not sure if this is true at all... just my theory

yea there where numerous times where i got kicked out off PSU it would say somethin bout the server

like what would happen to me

when im playing with people i dont hear voices.......every character stops....monster still movin(sometimes) and when i try to hurt them...nothin happens then bout 5 seconds later that gray error boxs comes up

shadowsniper6
Jul 16, 2008, 03:15 AM
yea there where numerous times where i got kicked out off PSU it would say somethin bout the server

like what would happen to me

when im playing with people i dont hear voices.......every character stops....monster still movin(sometimes) and when i try to hurt them...nothin happens then bout 5 seconds later that gray error boxs comes up

i get that sometimes

Treize K
Jul 16, 2008, 03:19 AM
if its full 5* u cant get into that uni

Darklighter
Jul 16, 2008, 03:19 AM
I get the disconnect notice way more often then I care for. At least once or twice a day unless I'm very lucky. Which is not very often.

Brainwrecked
Jul 16, 2008, 03:33 AM
I've always been under the impression that the servers could very well handle over 1000 players, but not by much. Theory being that Sega would give themselves head-room for performance and the race condition of multiple people trying to cram into a single open slot on a particular universe.

Then again, wouldn't put it past them to claim 1000 when the actual cut-off for new Universe entrants was actually 950 or something.