PDA

View Full Version : PSU july 18th update US/EU ?

Kadajenova
Jul 16, 2008, 02:12 AM
NOW that servers are finally back, anyone expect update ? maintenance ? rollback ? new 0xx error ?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 16, 2008, 02:13 AM
I expect nothing, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

S.T.K
Jul 16, 2008, 02:14 AM
a whole lottaNothin!

Fawn
Jul 16, 2008, 02:17 AM
read the "compensation "posting.................

Fawn
Jul 16, 2008, 02:25 AM
NOW that servers are finally back, anyone expect update ? maintenance ? rollback ? new 0xx error ?

It's 3:30 eastern standard time here, game is not up yet, just the update. Online game is not up yet.

Arada
Jul 16, 2008, 02:34 AM
On 360. Cause I've been playing just fine on my PC for a few hours...

Well, anyways, nothing has been said about this so far so I simply excpect nothing.

Chibi_psu
Jul 16, 2008, 02:52 AM
Nothing.Go play some white beast

Syl
Jul 16, 2008, 03:20 AM
Pretty sure there was a post about someone talking to GM's in game stating that everything is slated for the 25th supposedly. Course, it's probably best I'm not quoted on that.

GlowSticks
Jul 16, 2008, 03:23 AM
It's 3:30 eastern standard time here, game is not up yet, just the update. Online game is not up yet.

Yea the servers are not up for me either. O.O

Darklighter
Jul 16, 2008, 03:25 AM
I'd go to bed at this point, if I had not just woken up at midnight... My sleep schedule is all messed up.

Golto
Jul 16, 2008, 08:19 AM
Pretty sure there was a post about someone talking to GM's in game stating that everything is slated for the 25th supposedly. Course, it's probably best I'm not quoted on that.

Yeah they keep on pushing new stuff back. Pretty soon they will say MAG extension in 2009. Since it is so difficult to program the MAG extension they will say all new content delayed until farther notice while the JPNs take a vacation.

Apone
Jul 16, 2008, 08:26 AM
I wish they would just come clean with exactly what they plan to do. All this hearsay is getting problematic...

darkante
Jul 16, 2008, 08:27 AM
now now, i think they should have used this move as an big excuse to put in large amount of updates.

The thing with Sega i have learned is..never hope for anything.
It will just be delayed for 3 years and with 2 expansion behind rofl... :S

Kinako78
Jul 16, 2008, 09:14 AM
3 years? Now you're just being ridiculous.

darkante
Jul 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
3 years? Now you're just being ridiculous.

Too little? Maybe when the game is dieing in JP then? "6 years"? :P

Kadajenova
Jul 16, 2008, 12:28 PM
We're already 6 months behind JP (they got rewards in january), so 3 years is possible

Colonel Mustard
Jul 16, 2008, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately, I think, and I wish it hadn't come to this, but it did, so it's done, there is, only, one thing we, the non JP PC-PS2 players, can do, and that is, it seems, to surrender, unconditionally.

Kinako78
Jul 16, 2008, 01:52 PM
Too little? Maybe when the game is dieing in JP then? "6 years"? :P

No, too much. :p

Noblewine
Jul 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
I hope for an update though if we don't get one I'll live. The speed it took them to get the servers back up was a surprise so hopefully theirs more surprises from Segac.

Zabrio
Jul 16, 2008, 02:10 PM

you have been quoted :P but yeah when i asked ruby he said that thy want to get some updates in by the 25th (maybe mag 2 but more likely the new S2 missions)

Danny_Dark
Jul 16, 2008, 03:11 PM
Huh !?...Updates !?...maybe next Month...or so...

Svaltus
Jul 16, 2008, 04:57 PM
Mag extension coming next week? or next friday?

Syl
Jul 16, 2008, 05:03 PM
Mag extension coming next week? or next friday?

There's been no mention of it. Sad to say at this point it's just best to imagine not getting the extension at all :nono:

Fhin
Jul 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
Just wait and watch..nobody can tell what will happen next. ^^; Rumors say next friday so the 25th but meh, we'll see.

sephirothlion
Jul 16, 2008, 05:19 PM
It would be nice but Im not holdin my breath for anything...

BlueFire2k5
Jul 16, 2008, 05:19 PM
I love it how the date for content keeps getting pushed back and back and back. The GMs need to just not say anything about content unless it is confirmed, it's disappointing to keep hearing "Oh! So-and-so is the next planned content date." just to see it come and pass.

radical_ryan
Jul 16, 2008, 05:25 PM
is they anything new on psu is the pso mode on let

ashley50
Jul 16, 2008, 05:35 PM

uh...could you repeat that?

Zabrio
Jul 16, 2008, 05:37 PM
can you refrase the question i don't understand 100% are you talking about MAG when you say "pso mode"? if so we are hopefully getting it by the end of the month (all though i am not expecting too much after the delays)
Personally i'd be happy with the new S2 missiona and caves of illusion on nuediaz

Svaltus
Jul 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
There's been no mention of it. Sad to say at this point it's just best to imagine not getting the extension at all :nono:

Oh no! Sega need make anything or us will take too late for all japanese updates!

Dammmmmmmm!!!

Pop TaRt
Jul 16, 2008, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE]is they anything new on psu is the pso mode on let/QUOTE]we are not Cave men you know

Pop TaRt
Jul 16, 2008, 09:15 PM
DANG it i hate it when quotes dont work

Chuck_Norris
Jul 16, 2008, 09:36 PM
You gotta put a "[" before the slash in the last quote. You deleted it before you posted it seems.

Anway, I'll try to translate.

Is there anything new on PSU? Also, is the PSO mode on yet?

I'm guessing he means MAG with the "PSO mode" thing...

Noblewine
Jul 16, 2008, 09:49 PM
Not that I know of.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 16, 2008, 10:21 PM
he typoed so what get over it.

http://www.freewebs.com/zeldasign/o%20rly.bmp

That's some typo. o.o

Skyly
Jul 16, 2008, 10:40 PM
I Thought if anything we'd get an update on the 18th? Isn't that what a GM wrote on the offical forums?

Para
Jul 16, 2008, 10:47 PM
What I see on the official JP site for XBox 360 is just mentioning how they're sorry for inconvinence and that they're done with the move. No other update news yet.

Eleina
Jul 17, 2008, 01:00 AM
Let's all go back to doing White Beast S :D

Xefi
Jul 17, 2008, 01:11 AM
just give me my level 150 monsters, and i'll give you my $10....SEGA. It's just that simple.

Nezumirro
Jul 17, 2008, 01:35 AM
I swear to god, when i come back from Jamaica the 8th and theres no update I am ridding myself of PSU forever...what would that be...like 2 months or so of no GOOD updates (really dont care about mag anymore...just sange & yasha). Meh, probobly toss rares on the ground of a locked party of Whout Bosst because thats where the community would probobly use them if i gave them away anyhow. The few people i used to play PSU with quit already, so there would be no reason for me to play or care...

Alastor_Haven
Jul 17, 2008, 01:37 AM
1 more day

Lets wait :)

S.T.K
Jul 17, 2008, 01:53 AM
I swear to god, when i come back from Jamaica the 8th and theres no update I am ridding myself of PSU forever...what would that be...like 2 months or so of no GOOD updates (really dont care about mag anymore...just sange & yasha). Meh, probobly toss rares on the ground of a locked party of Whout Bosst because thats where the community would probobly use them if i gave them away anyhow. The few people i used to play PSU with quit already, so there would be no reason for me to play or care...

Yo Shiro can i have all ur stuff if u quit?? lol

dont give it to totti hes gonna end up quitting anyway

Danny_Dark
Jul 17, 2008, 04:33 AM
Give Rares now !

Chibi_psu
Jul 17, 2008, 05:24 AM
http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=192

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 17, 2008, 05:33 AM

lol i understood was 7/18
:P
im pretty sure it something new..............

ummm r u sure thats not for the JP server????

just out of curiousity what does that say

CoV-Shana
Jul 17, 2008, 05:41 AM
I can see one day updated weapons will eventually be ground to 20! Try if you dare.

moomoopenguin
Jul 17, 2008, 05:42 AM
nothing new =(

shadowsniper6
Jul 17, 2008, 05:42 AM
lol i understood was 7/18
:P
im pretty sure it something new..............

ummm r u sure thats not for the JP server????

just out of curiousity what does that say

i would like to know too!

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 17, 2008, 05:46 AM
Ok so its really nothing.....i think

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox360.phantasystarunive rse.jp%2Fnews%2Fwis%2F%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D192&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=ja&tl=en

eh i just translated it from google

so unless im reading it wrong.......its just a normal maintenance
....nothin special

o it just says this at the main title:
7 / 18 for regular maintenance pause News
w/e that means :S i mean i guess no maintenance

Syl
Jul 17, 2008, 05:47 AM
Pretty sure it's saying they're sorry for the down time of the servers being moved (as in, no update for this week).

Para
Jul 17, 2008, 05:48 AM
Yup it says regular maintenance.

A fail in other words.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 17, 2008, 05:53 AM
Well luckily i didnt get my hopes up ^_^ now i can work on my other elemental bullet PAs when i get home around noon

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 17, 2008, 05:58 AM
This is the orginal (got it from chibi_psu)

Now this is the translated version.....I just used google translator
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox360.phantasystarunive rse.jp%2Fnews%2Fwis%2F%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D192&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=ja&tl=en

Nothing special.....

Alastor_Haven
Jul 17, 2008, 07:56 AM
Not surprising

Yawn

EspioKaos
Jul 17, 2008, 08:31 AM
Not maintenance. It's a break from maintenance, so the 360 servers should not go down tonight. Oh! Looks like we're getting the exact same update as the Japanese servers this week! O:

*ba-dum chh* (http://www.instantrimshot.com/)

<_<; *cough* Sorry.

Para
Jul 17, 2008, 08:53 AM
Oh... well.
My bad :P

Cracka_J
Jul 17, 2008, 09:45 AM
Well, it may suck, but at least the jp 360 page is pretty blunt in terms of telling people what they're getting/not getting. I much prefer that to seeing this on the official boards:

"We realize everyone was looking forward to an update this week, and we are disappointed as well. However, we are taking extensive measures to not deliver content, so we can deliver content in the future, which we will continue to delay as well, so that does not delay future content. Keep your eyes open for the 25th!"

Ya, rather not. jp 360 site bookmarked.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 17, 2008, 09:54 AM
if there's no update tonight then I'm quitting and just sticking with the Original Phantasy Star games.
ya ya i know lots of people say this but i barely play atm (1-3 runs of WB and that's it) and realy dont see any point to it.
OH WELL! guess i'll have to pick up Japanese and join the JP servers like i should have done in the beginning. SEGA OF JAPAN HATES WESTERN PLAYERS I'VE BEEN SAYING IT SINCE PSOv2!!

Alastor_Haven
Jul 17, 2008, 10:01 AM
Bye!

I say good sir

Good show!

Farewell to you :o

Omega_Weltall
Jul 17, 2008, 10:07 AM
kay see ya, its been fun but Segac has fucked it up

ErtaiClou
Jul 17, 2008, 10:08 AM
Next time, on
Total
Drama
Island...

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 17, 2008, 10:10 AM
Next time, on
Total
Drama
Island...

lol nice

Para
Jul 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
Well, it may suck, but at least the jp 360 page is pretty blunt in terms of telling people what they're getting/not getting. I much prefer that to seeing this on the official boards:

"We realize everyone was looking forward to an update this week, and we are disappointed as well. However, we are taking extensive measures to not deliver content, so we can deliver content in the future, which we will continue to delay as well, so that does not delay future content. Keep your eyes open for the 25th!"

Ya, rather not. jp 360 site bookmarked.

More like... "Here's hoping... NOT."

ErtaiClou
Jul 17, 2008, 10:19 AM
lol nice

Sega Team:

"Ok, so it wasn't the most dramatic update. But we still get paid. BONUS!"

Omega_Weltall
Jul 17, 2008, 10:25 AM
i'll be back(only cause i realy like phantasy star games) when the servers get regular updates again.

Lyric
Jul 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
Well, I guess that means I'll have no distractions from seeing Dark Knight multiple times this weekend.

We better get something massive next week...

Cracka_J
Jul 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
More like... "Here's hoping... NOT."

pretty much.

I've just changed my belief regarding updates to: "If it ain't on the jp site, it ain't gonna happen."

Prolly should have gone with that from the beginning, it kinda negates all the drama caused by the GM's.

Kylie
Jul 17, 2008, 10:42 AM
Here's hoping we get a huge update on the 25th or soon after because I'm tired of seeing people quit.

Ken_Silver
Jul 17, 2008, 10:49 AM
Either we get an update on the 25th or I hire an assassian to kill everyone at SOJ. I mean by the time we get an update, no one is going to care. I mean the 25th is too close to the release of SCIV.

buzyb77
Jul 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
This weeks update Same as the past several weeks...Da shaft.....

Dear players,

Thank you for your 9.99 a month...this month we will promise you very much. and deliver you nothing. So please thank you very much...

Enjoy the Shaft,

Sega and TeamSonic

This Game has the Slowest updates EVER and Lies all the time...what is most awesome is they charge for unlocking content... and call them updates...

they are not even doing maintenance this week....

Skyly
Jul 17, 2008, 11:42 AM
I Think this is a big disappointment but... Isn't every Friday one.

Ethateral
Jul 17, 2008, 12:01 PM
Honestly, be patient. I'm so sick of hearing people whine and complain about Segac. It's inevitable with them. Suck it up and deal with it. If you really can't find something else to do in the mean time, between all your whining, then leave. Find something else to do, play, etc, but check the sites every so often and see what we get that week or the following.

I don't know about you, but running something OTHER than White Beast or leveling PAs, all the while still having FUN on PSU, keeps me going. 'Specially with my friends/boyfriend to play with EVERY DAY. It never gets old.

RadiantLegend
Jul 17, 2008, 12:01 PM
I might just quit this game and be done with this crap. I know that this seems to be the norm but im tired of this shit.

Deissa
Jul 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
I don't know about you, but running something OTHER than White Beast or leveling PAs, all the while still having FUN on PSU, keeps me going. 'Specially with my friends/boyfriend to play with EVERY DAY. It never gets old.

well that's justified the price for me i dunno about you guys

a-NUB-is
Jul 17, 2008, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, I think, and I wish it hadn't come to this, but it did, so it's done, there is, only, one thing we, the non JP PC-PS2 players, can do, and that is, it seems, to surrender, unconditionally.

so...many...commas.....can't....understand.....pos t!
*thrashes on floor due to comma seizure*

Kaloa
Jul 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
I was under the impression we were supposed to get an update on the 18th. I remember in late june/early july when we were supposed to get our MAG extension they said they'd probably have to postpone until the 18th after the server downtime.

In anycase, I cancelled both me and my husbands subscriptions yesterday (they were supposed to renew today). We'll think about renewing once some new content is released. I see no reason to pay in the mean time though.

darkante
Jul 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
well that's justified the price for me i dunno about you guys

Well uhh yeah, mostly the reason iīm still around is that i havenīt tried every class combo yet and running with a friend frequently doing pretty much any mission i suggest or vice versa and we share alot even if either of one has stumbled upon something uber rare that the other wanted.

Thatīs why i still have a blast with this game. =)

Cracka_J
Jul 17, 2008, 12:48 PM
Honestly, be patient. I'm so sick of hearing people whine and complain about Segac. It's inevitable with them. Suck it up and deal with it. If you really can't find something else to do in the mean time, between all your whining, then leave. Find something else to do, play, etc, but check the sites every so often and see what we get that week or the following.

Well, let's be realistic though. MAG ended almost 2 months ago now, which was plagued by billing errors on the pc/ps2 side. The people caught by the error never received any compensation, and still, 2 months later, we have no rewards for participating in the event. JP had their MAG in december. They got rewards in January.

We had very small content updates in june (aside from the pa rebalance), which were stated as the reason MAG extension was delayed, even though we had 2 weeks of downtime inbetween MAG and the first minor update, in which the MAG extension would have fit perfectly.

Now we have had nothing for over a month, and the MAG extension continues to be pushed back with talk of it being canceled all-together. Everyone is pissed about JP not delivering content, and the NA/EU GM's being PATHETIC at handling their info. Realistically, I can't hold anything against people complaining or leaving. The fact is, a lot of people are fed up with the service, tired of complaining to a brick wall, and ARE LEAVING.

You are seeing the effects of it first hand on the PC/PS2 servers. Because the community is smaller, when people that have played since launch start leaving, it hurts. 360 is a larger community, and it will take more time to effect it. But they continue to follow down this road and it will hit both communities. You will start to see several people you've played with since you started leaving, and the game will start to lose a lot of it's enjoyment.

The ball is really in SEGA's court, as it's always been. They have to make their move. All the rest of us can really do is complain, wait or leave. That doesn't sound like the best of options when people are paying for a service.

Ethateral
Jul 17, 2008, 01:11 PM
Well, let's be realistic though. MAG ended almost 2 months ago now, which was plagued by billing errors on the pc/ps2 side. The people caught by the error never received any compensation, and still, 2 months later, we have no rewards for participating in the event. JP had their MAG in december. They got rewards in January.

We had very small content updates in june (aside from the pa rebalance), which were stated as the reason MAG extension was delayed, even though we had 2 weeks of downtime inbetween MAG and the first minor update, in which the MAG extension would have fit perfectly.

Now we have had nothing for over a month, and the MAG extension continues to be pushed back with talk of it being canceled all-together. Everyone is pissed about JP not delivering content, and the NA/EU GM's being PATHETIC at handling their info. Realistically, I can't hold anything against people complaining or leaving. The fact is, a lot of people are fed up with the service, tired of complaining to a brick wall, and ARE LEAVING.

You are seeing the effects of it first hand on the PC/PS2 servers. Because the community is smaller, when people that have played since launch start leaving, it hurts. 360 is a larger community, and it will take more time to effect it. But they continue to follow down this road and it will hit both communities. You will start to see several people you've played with since you started leaving, and the game will start to lose a lot of it's enjoyment.

The ball is really in SEGA's court, as it's always been. They have to make their move. All the rest of us can really do is complain, wait or leave. That doesn't sound like the best of options when people are paying for a service.

I'm well aware of all of this. However, there's nothing we can do, but wait it out. Personally, I feel there is more than enough content out, at the moment, to keep us busy. Sure, we haven't received our MAG extension or much content recently, but there's still more than enough to do.

I'm not on the PC/PS2 servers to have had the billing error and the other error as well, but I can sympathize. I understand where you're coming from. Sure, information hasn't been certain from GMs very well, but still... I see that there is still a lot to do while we wait for the updates to come. Sure you're fed up with them as a whole for not delivering content when they had said, that's understandable for anyone. You can still play and do a lot in this game while you wait though. I still see it fit to keep paying, with as much as we have out now, and wait for Segac to get their rears in gear. >_>

autumn
Jul 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
I agree with Ken on this one, I really hope for some type of update this week or the 25th. I log on to the US/EU servers and have less people on then I do in the 30 or so cards on the JP side. Maybe if we get an actual update (different jaggos do not count) some of the others will log back on and it will help with the overall morale of the populace. I was impressed with the speed the servers were brought with and kinda hoped it was a sign...

Nezumirro
Jul 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
Yo Shiro can i have all ur stuff if u quit?? lol

dont give it to totti hes gonna end up quitting anyway

Wow hitsugaya, u still play? yeah ill give u stuff can use and totti his psycho wand back...the rest im throwing at the altrezagoug....its a symbolic thing

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
I see that there is still a lot to do while we wait for the updates to come. Sure you're fed up with them as a whole for not delivering content when they had said, that's understandable for anyone. You can still play and do a lot in this game while you wait though. I still see it fit to keep paying, with as much as we have out now, and wait for Segac to get their rears in gear. >_>

truth about this is that alot of us who have been playing for quite some time dont actually have or see alot of stuff left to do in this game. and leveling PA's get's boring after a while as well.

now i'm not saying for some people that there is nothing left to do, and as for myself i'm not in the area where i want to quit but i have been bored. i'd like to get to 140 i'd like to run new missions. Where is my MAG 2, and/or MAG rewards. Why are we a half a year behind JP version? where's the rest of my episode 3 story? where's my level 150 cap and new missions? lol

I have been spreading out and running different missions i haven't done in a while to pass the time and get away from the boredom. I'm just tired of having to find ways to pass the time and get away from the boredom on here. i still really like this game but i do feel that people have a right to complain.

Danny_Dark
Jul 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
Well..., don't worry, Soul Calibur IV comes soon...

Ups...My Bad...

darkante
Jul 17, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well..., don't worry, Soul Calibur VI comes soon...

Iīm so waiting for Final Fantasy IV DSīs remake. :P

Powder Keg
Jul 17, 2008, 04:03 PM
Soul Calibur 6 is coming out already? ;)

You know, it would be one thing if we already had the ability to reach level 200, all missions, items, difficulties etc available, but we don't. So when we reach a level cap, we're locked in place in terms of EXP, and we're not playing a complete game since we don't have all available items.

If the next Phantasy Star game works in the same fashion with updates, I'm sure as hell not getting it.

Of course, disregard this post if we start receiving updates in a timely manner once again. ^^;

amtalx
Jul 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'm well aware of all of this. However, there's nothing we can do, but wait it out. Personally, I feel there is more than enough content out, at the moment, to keep us busy. Sure, we haven't received our MAG extension or much content recently, but there's still more than enough to do.

I'm not on the PC/PS2 servers to have had the billing error and the other error as well, but I can sympathize. I understand where you're coming from. Sure, information hasn't been certain from GMs very well, but still... I see that there is still a lot to do while we wait for the updates to come. Sure you're fed up with them as a whole for not delivering content when they had said, that's understandable for anyone. You can still play and do a lot in this game while you wait though. I still see it fit to keep paying, with as much as we have out now, and wait for Segac to get their rears in gear. >_>

The problem with this is people have been "waiting" for a long time, many months in some players' eyes, for ST to get their shit together.

As a result, for the first time since 2002, ST is not receiving a monthly fee from me. I haven't been an active player for a while, but I kept paying in hopes that things would get better and I could jump back in like nothing ever changed. Instead, they got worse. After enough time, consistent delinquency will get to anyone, even the most loyal of fans.

Like your parents say to you when you are little: I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

To my own dismay, I've come to realization that its unlikely I will ever return. Not because I don't like the game, but because I have zero confidence that ST will ever get things right. Let's be honest here. Has ST shown ANY sign of improvement? Not really.

Ethateral
Jul 17, 2008, 05:29 PM
truth about this is that alot of us who have been playing for quite some time dont actually have or see alot of stuff left to do in this game. and leveling PA's get's boring after a while as well.

now i'm not saying for some people that there is nothing left to do, and as for myself i'm not in the area where i want to quit but i have been bored. i'd like to get to 140 i'd like to run new missions. Where is my MAG 2, and/or MAG rewards. Why are we a half a year behind JP version? where's the rest of my episode 3 story? where's my level 150 cap and new missions? lol

I have been spreading out and running different missions i haven't done in a while to pass the time and get away from the boredom. I'm just tired of having to find ways to pass the time and get away from the boredom on here. i still really like this game but i do feel that people have a right to complain.

I've been playing for over a year now and I don't know, I still find enjoyment out of this game. =/ Sure, I too want updates and MAG 2 + MAG rewards, it's just really a waiting game now. I'm not about to end my subscription just because of no updates and a push back date for MAG 2/other updates and our rewards however. I've been leveling PAs and trying to get everyone to run different missions with me so we can do something other than level our PAs, lol. :P Maybe we'll have a nice HUEG update coming up here this week or the following. Time will only tell.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 17, 2008, 09:51 PM
i donno about you guys, but the only thing i'm pissed off about is unequal treatment.
Sure we aren't going to get everything at the same time as the JP server but i do expect it a month or a month and a half later.
i mean WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS just like the JP players.
and this lack of updates just tells me that to ST we "dont fucking matter to them and those gaijin can go rot in their Hell."
until the EU/US servers get what the deserve then i'm not paying them anymore
busy playing Phantasy Star 2 again atm anyway :P

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 09:59 PM
i donno about you guys, but the only thing i'm pissed off about is unequal treatment.
Sure we aren't going to get everything at the same time as the JP server but i do expect it a month or a month and a half later.
i mean WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS just like the JP players.
and this lack of updates just tells me that to ST we "dont fucking matter to them and those gaijin can go rot in their Hell."
until the EU/US servers get what the deserve then i'm not paying them anymore
busy playing Phantasy Star 2 again atm anyway :P

lol you're technically not gaijin, gaijin is basically an outsider IN japan.

but i totally agree. like i said im not on the verge of qutting and i would like equal treatment (on time updates etc.) but i can totally understand everyone's bitterness with SoA/SoJ

i'm hoping they get it together soon before they lose the majority of people indefinitely.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2008, 10:18 PM
lol you're technically not gaijin, gaijin is basically an outsider IN japan.

but i totally agree. like i said im not on the verge of qutting and i would like equal treatment (on time updates etc.) but i can totally understand everyone's bitterness with SoA/SoJ

i'm hoping they get it together soon before they lose the majority of people indefinitely.

Realistically, I highly doubt they'll EVER get it together. If they haven't shown improvement in two years, then they never will.

Having said that, I'm no where near close to quitting since I still find plenty to do to keep me occupied between updates, and I still enjoy the game as it is. I mainly want the updates to come at a more timely matter so we won't have a mass exodus of people quitting. The PC/PS2 servers especially have always had an abysmal population anyway, so every person that quits makes a pretty big difference. ;/ I'm sad to say I'm running out of people to play with on a day to day basis.

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 10:24 PM
thats why cracka_J made the PC/PS2 player matchup thread.
trying to get our scattered players together so we can all have a bit more fun.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 17, 2008, 10:24 PM
ya thats just it. i love the game, i've been playing Phantays Star games since PS1 in 89 . it was my 1st RPG. i love the game. but FUCK YOU SEGA OF JAPAN FOR FUCKING US OVER SINCE PSOV2
though i was understandable with PSO v1 DC cause hell we played for free. but now we're paying a fee, goddamnit i want fucking timely updates. a few delays here and there is reasonable, but this is just too much. if no updates tonight.... i cancel

Mikura
Jul 17, 2008, 10:34 PM
thats why cracka_J made the PC/PS2 player matchup thread.
trying to get our scattered players together so we can all have a bit more fun.

That's all well and good, and for most, I'm sure that works. But it's not how I'd like to meet other players. At least if I meet them in game first, I can judge whether or not it'll be a person I wouldn't mind playing with in the future. Problem with player match ups on PSOW is I'd hate to go through all that time arranging a meeting, then come to find out he/she is someone I'd rather not be with, then leaving them. I'd feel bad about doing that, and the other person would just get pissed.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 17, 2008, 10:59 PM
Sonic Team USA needs to just do whatever they want without regards for ST JP. Just like SoA used to do to SoJ back in the Genesis/Dreamcast days. I remember Bernie Stolar getting into yelling fights with Japanese execs saying that he WAS going to put a modem with the DC with $199 at launch. Got him fired, but we got a great deal. Nobody else takes that kind of ballsy chance anymore.

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 11:21 PM
people like their cushioned jobs.
it would be nice though if someone stood up to them.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2008, 11:28 PM
If there was some way SoA could take action on their own without SoJ giving orders, PSU would be a much better game than it is now (In the US and Europe mind you). Not that I think SoJ is deliberately holding us back or anything. It probably has a lot to do with communication problems between SoJ and SoA and the Sega branches having more important matters on their hands than tending to PSU's updates. Let's face it, PSU updates on the US/EU servers are far down their priority list. If it's not, it sure feels that way. lol

Sidney
Jul 18, 2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks ST - today is my birthday and I was looking forward to an update. xD
Thanks for the lamest B-day ever. x__x *kicks ST*

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jul 18, 2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks ST - today is my birthday and I was looking forward to an update. xD
Thanks for the lamest B-day ever. x__x *kicks ST*Happy Birthday =)

gratefulgriz
Jul 18, 2008, 03:28 AM
as a community, if you like the game please stick with it. we can all find ways to have fun. I wish the best for PS series, i personally want to see the Nin DS and Playstation Portable have PS games that aernt online to continue to promote the series. Games like that would gain fan base just like those that played the sega genesis series and for that reason love PS.

HELLBOT
Jul 18, 2008, 03:50 AM

i will hold your words like i would hold a sword to your throat

(it's a joke btw)

goldbrease
Jul 18, 2008, 04:24 AM
i will hold your words like i would hold a sword to your throat

(it's a joke btw)

you just need a hug!
just jokeing by the way.

i still think were doing ok. getting better updates then we did for pso gc.

Danny_Dark
Jul 18, 2008, 05:29 AM
As I expected, no Update today...

Cracka_J
Jul 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
Sonic Team USA needs to just do whatever they want without regards for ST JP. Just like SoA used to do to SoJ back in the Genesis/Dreamcast days. I remember Bernie Stolar getting into yelling fights with Japanese execs saying that he WAS going to put a modem with the DC with $199 at launch. Got him fired, but we got a great deal. Nobody else takes that kind of ballsy chance anymore.

Well I think after the DC went under here, SoA was done for. No more american support of a console, and no more original US developed Sega content - 2k games sold by Sega to Take-Two (ROCK ON 2K GAMES!!! - I could go on forever about their awesomeness). It's like they lost their complete US division when that happened. Now we have a SoA that's basically SoJ's bitch, which is likely just what they wanted in the first place. No opposition to the machine, just be good and follow orders.

That's all well and good, and for most, I'm sure that works. But it's not how I'd like to meet other players. At least if I meet them in game first, I can judge whether or not it'll be a person I wouldn't mind playing with in the future. Problem with player match ups on PSOW is I'd hate to go through all that time arranging a meeting, then come to find out he/she is someone I'd rather not be with, then leaving them. I'd feel bad about doing that, and the other person would just get pissed.

Understandable, but I don't think everyone gets exactly how it works yet. You don't really have to "arrange" anything with anybody. I just made the thread this week too, so it IS still an idea trying to get off the ground floor. I've already had a few good games with people, so even that I consider a move in the right direction. So if you're at all interested in playing some games with a few new people, try it out. If it's not your thing, leave me some feedback on what can be done to evolve it and make it something you'd want to use. The thread is located in the player matchup forum, or you can just as easily click the link in my sig.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 18, 2008, 08:43 AM
ok just woke up(9:49AM at moment of posting)! what?! no updates? ok just canceled my account and not renewing until we get the updates that we fucking deserve. (goes back to playing Phantasy Star 2)

Nirvash7
Jul 18, 2008, 09:02 AM
I officially dub this game "Phantasy Fail Universe".

Kadajenova
Jul 18, 2008, 09:05 AM
ok just woke up(9:49AM at moment of posting)! what?! no updates? ok just canceled my account and not renewing until we get the updates that we fucking deserve. (goes back to playing Phantasy Star 2)

Same, I canceled since MAG ended and I will reniew WHEN updates come

No updates, no money

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 09:20 AM
shocking.
iv been paying for the past 4-5 months and i dont even log in for these months. iv just been paying so i dont loose my characters. also in hope that something might make the game more exciting and for sega to get the finger out there a$$

no more however. since my subscription renews at the 14th of every month i shall cancel it just before that.

if you play the 360 servers and wants lots of free cash and items then go to server 1 on the 13th and go to the club.
we shall play the random number game. type /random i think it is and it generates a number between 0-1000. if your number is higher than mine then you win great stuff! only 1 try per person though to give everyone a shot :P

Ken_Silver
Jul 18, 2008, 09:26 AM
I officially dub this game "Phantasy Fail Universe".

I agree. And its funny that SEGAC took their $10 from me today too. :(

I'll just wait and hope for next week.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 18, 2008, 09:26 AM
and the straw that breaks the camel's back has been placed for many

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 09:30 AM
think we should all just send an email to sega saying "goodbye"
i think they will get the finger out then lol

Cracka_J
Jul 18, 2008, 10:00 AM
PROTIP: Your characters stay active on the servers, regardless of if you have a subscription or not. Lock up your rooms and cancel your sub as long as you like, everything will be just like you left it if and when you come back.

PROTIP 2: If you're using a monthly auto-sub, you can cancel at any point (even on the day you get billed) and still play until 2 days after your next billing date.

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
:O
so your saying that even if i loose my suscription my character will always be there even if i come back in a year?

im sure they got deleted after 3 months which is why id never return again

Cracka_J
Jul 18, 2008, 10:13 AM
nope, there's been no record of that ever happening. people have left for several months, I even met some friends during the PC/PS2 "lolfreeplay" scam after MAG that I haven't seen since launch. Inactive, non-paying accounts for 1.5 years that came back and everything was the same.

Magitek_X
Jul 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
I can backup Cracka's claim. I went a full year without logging on and I had all my stuff. Even had weapons being synthed.

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 10:33 AM
ah nice. im deff quitting now then and ill just come back when certain conditions are met

1st and most important - people stop running white beast and actually move to other levels for a change

2 - the game has had a few updates a least which leaves me stuff to do.

3 - sega makes it worth giving them money again by not constantly delaying everything.

you know with sega delaying everything. they even said themselfs were sorry but we stil dont have an answer for you why.
i bet they do have an answer but they dont say it because it might upset the players.
i woudl be so much happier if they just told me what it is thats doing it. even if its not what i wanna hear, i at least still know why its happening.

4 - the community itself gets better. i dont need more players. the 360 has loads as it is personally. i just want those imature brats that keep booting peopel for no reason to stop it.

happened the other day. i waited outside WB for him for almost an hour. i put a complaint in about him on his 360 i gave him a bad reputation on the 360 and i blacklisted him

5 - not as bothered with this but it would be nice to find more peopel that share things. me and this other guy do runs together. if we pick up somethign the other wants we dont mind giving it to them

6 - not as bothered as much either here but hopefully spammer number decreases.
and also those people that try to teabag people. come on. how pathetic is that.

Abashi76
Jul 18, 2008, 02:16 PM
Nothing? Damn. I'm going to take a break from the game until there is progress. Anybody know of some koolz free MMOs?

Danny_Dark
Jul 18, 2008, 02:31 PM
Agreed !

No Updates, No Money...

I Like The New Name "Phantasy Fail Universe"..., Because it is True...

Cracka_J
Jul 18, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm actually keen on "Disappointment Star Universe" or DSU.
Kinda has a nice ring to it.

mat281102
Jul 18, 2008, 04:09 PM
Hello I wanted to play the demo of psu on 360 but when I try to create a character after having chosen his name during the chagement a message connection to the server Phantasy star universe finish PSU then restarts

xjustsumloser
Jul 18, 2008, 06:02 PM
glad to see others quitting a long with me. The only thing they understand is money. Mind you they would be more inclined to just stop supporting the game entirely than half assing it like they are now. But one can hope they are like most companies should be and will fix the problems to get their way to loyal customers to come back.

McLaughlin
Jul 18, 2008, 06:04 PM
Hello I wanted to play the demo of psu on 360 but when I try to create a character after having chosen his name during the chagement a message connection to the server Phantasy star universe finish PSU then restarts

If you were trying to play a few days ago, the servers were down. If you're trying to do it now, (17th or later), we need the specific error to try and help.