PDA

View Full Version : USING CAPS LOCK WHILE TYPING, COMBOED WITH 523490 EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!(caps)

furrypaws
Jul 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
It frustrates me. I mean, if you're angry, say so, or even bold font can be acceptable. Caps locks burns my eyes, and the millions of exclamation marks often makes it difficult to read and makes it look childish.

Plus it reminds me of this.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/SundarkSoldier/rage.jpg

Often times, I find "Ugh, this quest is frustrating me!" is more effective than "AAAAAGH I HATE THIS QUEST ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thoughts?

AlexCraig
Jul 17, 2008, 12:58 PM
I completely agree.

I admit that when I want to add emphasis onto something, I put it in caps, but that is only for a word or two. If I wanted to add emphasis onto a full sentence, I do as you said and bold it.

Brainwrecked
Jul 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
Rules of the Internet:

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER.

Also of note:

There are no real rules about posting.
There are no real rules about moderation either -- enjoy your ban.

:D

Tessu
Jul 17, 2008, 01:21 PM
I usually type in caps when I'm purposely trying to act silly or stupid. When I'm actually making a point about something, I don't use caps. <_>
Just strong words.

I agree on it being rather annoying. I've met several people on PSU (and on the internet in genereal) who only type in caps. Even for just casual conversation. It's like talking to Billy Mays over the internet.

furrypaws
Jul 17, 2008, 01:24 PM
Of course there are no rules that say you shouldn't (I think), and I can understand a word here and there. Being silly is ok too, just as long as it's obvious.

It just bothers me when people make it the entire sentence. It actually sometimes makes me a little dizzy trying to decipher it. x.x

Indica
Jul 17, 2008, 01:39 PM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TYPING IN CAPS. IT'S NOT LIKE ANYONE IS TYPING IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE. AHHHHHHH! THAT BURGER KING SIGN BLINDED ME AND I ALMOST CRASHED MY CAR

Night_Raid
Jul 17, 2008, 01:45 PM
I agree that whole SENTENCES in caps is annoying and looks just plain ridiculous. However, I tend to use caps lock in short interjections. I.E "WHAT THE FUCK?!" or "WHAT?!" Usually to show surprise or blatant shock. And don't even get me started on multiple exclamation marks...I'm pretty sure one does the job of expressing your indelible rage. Whenever I see someone putting EVERYTHING in caps for no apparent reason, I always get the impression of someone casually yelling their half of a conversation at you.

"Oh man, you wouldn't believe the day I've had"
"REALLY? WHAT HAPPENED?"

On the upside of things, it makes it seem like they're really interested in whatever you're saying.

It's like talking to Billy Mays over the internet.
Lol

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2008, 02:04 PM
The Billy Mays comment about made me pass out laughing XD

Indica
Jul 17, 2008, 02:33 PM
LOL! Billy Mays, anyone remember Crazy Eddie? He was the originator for doing those kind of commercials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFMDka79Ts

Eihwaz
Jul 17, 2008, 02:56 PM
I remember getting a really weird message on MSN from someone who claimed to be from PSOW, and who also TYPED EXCLUSIVELY IN CAPS. He said it was so that I could read what he said. I asked him repeatedly to turn OFF his caps, as it was distracting, but he wouldn't listen.

So I blocked the idiot.

The lesson: Talking in all caps, all the time, will make people not want to talk to you, let alone take you seriously.

Inazuma
Jul 17, 2008, 03:08 PM
if i see an entire post written in caps for no good reason, i just dont read it.

panzer_unit
Jul 17, 2008, 03:56 PM
Misery loves company... when some people get mad about stuff they want to piss everyone else off too, and CRUISE CONTROL with !!!!!!!! is incredibly effective at that. Skip the post or ignore the format, don't make your mental state the responsibility of many anonymous strangers on the internet.

furrypaws
Jul 17, 2008, 04:11 PM
*huge post*

...Well, see, using large font like that takes up the whole page. I'd say if a Burger King sign was that big and taking up that much of my vision, I probably would crash. >_>

Powder Keg
Jul 17, 2008, 04:17 PM
http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/cc/images/faces/zoahf.gif

ZOAH: "ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF THE WAY I SPEAK?"

Dhylec
Jul 17, 2008, 06:25 PM
I understand your or anyone's dislike of caps, but you kind of contradict yourself with the title. It's is a mock that could be considered as the very same thing you hate. ;3

KodiaX987
Jul 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
<Khassaki> HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!
<Judge-Mental> try pressing the the Caps Lock key
<Khassaki> O THANKS!!! ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE NOW!!!!!!!
<Judge-Mental> fuck me

McLaughlin
Jul 17, 2008, 09:59 PM
<Khassaki> HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!
<Judge-Mental> try pressing the the Caps Lock key
<Khassaki> O THANKS!!! ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE NOW!!!!!!!
<Judge-Mental> fuck me

Oh wow. XD

Seority
Jul 18, 2008, 03:31 AM
WHAT"S CAPS LOCK?
MY SHIFT BUTTIN IS BROKN!!!!!!!!

Lol, I had that problem before.
;>.>

Retehi
Jul 18, 2008, 09:34 AM
I understand your or anyone's dislike of caps, but you kind of contradict yourself with the title. It's is a mock that could be considered as the very same thing you hate. ;3

lol, Oh wow.

Kylie
Jul 18, 2008, 10:56 AM
You seem more intelligent if you use your vocabulary to show anger and not font, and excessive exclamation points have always gotten on my nerves. I think one's powerful enough!

Poncho_Jr
Jul 18, 2008, 04:49 PM
CAPS LOCK AND SPAM ARE MY FRIENDS.