PDA

View Full Version : AotI Next events should have realistic aims

Middle
Jul 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
I know there are some big events that we will get in the future (dark Mob;mission canival) ...
...but i think the last aims are to hard to reach for our small US/EU PSU community...
If you you are a realist you know that we never would have reached the 200mil on MA G... not even without error 065 ...
Maybe next events should have a lower "last Survivor" ! maybe something between 150~170 mil...
what do you think?
I am so pissed that we are not able to get the grinding boost or the Sange ....

Fhin
Jul 17, 2008, 03:36 PM
That's life. XD

Tyreek
Jul 17, 2008, 03:41 PM
IF MAG comes back, we'll get what we earned, nothing else. If we don't peak 200mil at this point, too bad. I'm settling for the boosts we earned already.

NGX
Jul 17, 2008, 03:53 PM
I respectfully disagree, I think we would have reached the 200mil mark if no one had been error 065 and IF we get the MAG extension we will reach it no problem.

Ezodagrom
Jul 17, 2008, 03:57 PM
I think we would have reached 200 (or at the very least 180 mil), if there was no one affected by error 065 and if MAG extension was never announced, alot of ppl started making breaks from MAG because they thought we would have an extension, if it wasn't "announced", most would have tried harder to reach the milestones in the last week, I think...

Golto
Jul 17, 2008, 04:04 PM
There was no realistic chance we would have gotten to 200 million even with all the 065ers in the 4 weeks. The 4th week always slows way down if they don't add a new mission. Less than 5% of the total population wasn't going to earn more than 30 million points.

We should have much smaller point goals as we have maybe 1/5th the population.

Seority
Jul 17, 2008, 04:11 PM
All I can say is:

Sega Sucked.

Ezodagrom
Jul 17, 2008, 04:11 PM
There was no realistic chance we would have gotten to 200 million even with all the 065ers in the 4 weeks. The 4th week always slows way down if they don't add a new mission. Less than 5% of the total population wasn't going to earn more than 30 million points.

We should have much smaller point goals as we have maybe 1/5th the population.

Well, the final goal for the JP version was 400 million, but I do agree that our goal should have been a bit lower, maybe 180 million...I guess ^^; (if there were no 065 problems). Anything lower for the final goal would be too much though, it shouldn't be supposed to be too easy also.

furrypaws
Jul 17, 2008, 04:13 PM
Less than 5% of the total population wasn't going to earn more than 30 million points.

Of course, that'd be less than 5 people. XP

Middle
Jul 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
yes most ppl quit on the last week and did other missions ... the bigger part (xbox) wasnt affected by 065 ... and i agree it should not nbe too easy but realistic ... 400 mil for japan is nothing compared to our 200 mil...

... and we haven't got an extension yet ... and we dont know if we get it ... and it would still be hard to reach the 200 mil...

6 weeks and we still wont get the last goal ...probably ... i think 200 mil is too much and the community is not growing its shrinking though ... for the next events .... less points needed please

Fhin
Jul 17, 2008, 04:49 PM
I only want my treasure box. ^^

NGX
Jul 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
I only want my treasure box. ^^

LOL Sarcasm? ^^;

Fhin
Jul 17, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hmm not, rly....idc if we get the extension or not..I only want the rewards. ^^

Dragwind
Jul 17, 2008, 08:13 PM
I think the next event we should get might prove to have what you're looking for. It's a bit different from the others, and does have somewhat of a "survivor mode" theme to it, which I'm very excited about.

AerisZeal
Jul 17, 2008, 08:26 PM
We're getting another event? :wacko:

Honestly though, I'll be happy if we even get another event, much less a 'points needed' reduction.

mvffin
Jul 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
I think we would have reached 200 (or at the very least 180 mil), if there was no one affected by error 065 and if MAG extension was never announced, alot of ppl started making breaks from MAG because they thought we would have an extension, if it wasn't "announced", most would have tried harder to reach the milestones in the last week, I think...

THIS. Sega telling us we have 2 more weeks made a lot of people slack off, since the run was boring as hell. Then on the LAST DAY they're like "OH NEVERMIND FUCK YOU GUYS NO EXTENSION"

goldbrease
Jul 17, 2008, 10:48 PM
if sega is going to give us the same max goals to archive as japan then we should be entitled to equal prizes. they get phone cards. cell phone straps, odds and ends, gift cards.

we don't get any of those goodies and since those make up half of our prizes we should only have to go half as far since they aren't giving us the irl perks.

autumn
Jul 17, 2008, 10:55 PM
I think we could have hit the last MAG mark with everyone on for the entire run of it and without the extension mentioned. I heard extension and went pwand hunting for the entire last week. When it started getting close to the numbers you have seen C parties abound more then they were as people tried to grind up the kill counter. We can do the counter we just need a good opportunity.

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 11:00 PM
i do believe we could make/have made the 200mil mark IF we didn't have the 065 error i'm not on 360 but i admit they did most of the work and picked up the slack for our side. if not for boredom and promises of an extension without delivering we MIGHT have possibly got to 200mil.

if they do give us back MAG i'll be pushing my hardest to get us to the 200mil mark.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2008, 11:03 PM
I may be thinking optimistically here, but I honestly believe we would have reached the 200 mark without the 065 issue, and if the MAG extension wasn't announced. I know me and a lot of others started slacking off considerably when we heard news about an extension. I'm sure that happened with most of the population as well. So was 200 mil a bit much considering our population size? Maybe. Could we have reached it? Oh, definitely.

Middle
Jul 18, 2008, 12:13 AM
I havent been there .. i think the GUARDIANS didnt reach the last goal of the last events too... ... :?

If we would have a concrete number how many ppl had 065 ... we could be sure if we were able to reach that goal or not ... I think without 065 and without ppl quitting because of the announced extention (not the ppl who quit because of boredom; they would have been quitting so or so...) we would have stucked @ about 190 mil ...maybe 195 ...

what did japan have ? about 430? (I know its unfair to compare these but they could do this the easy way)

McLaughlin
Jul 18, 2008, 01:02 AM
We could have hit it, as other people said. It would have been tight, but we would have got it.

With the extension, we will get/could have got 200 million.

If they gyp us on the extension they'd best give us the rest of the rewards for all the shit they've put us through.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 18, 2008, 01:26 AM
Awwww, how cute, someone thinks we'll get another event.

Danny_Dark
Jul 18, 2008, 05:27 AM
I'm not trying to give my Hopes up, but...

shadowsniper6
Jul 18, 2008, 05:35 AM
we could have made it tho when i got news of the MaxG extension i said ima sleep the last week

Fhin
Jul 18, 2008, 06:05 AM
If we would have a concrete number how many ppl had 065

Hmm since we had a thread at the official site where everyone who got '65ed had posted its name or something that he's 65'ed...the number was like 120 or maybe a few more. Dont know anymore. ^^;

Darklighter
Jul 18, 2008, 06:36 AM
I also am at fault for just giving up the last week of MAG after they announced the extension. I was getting bored as hell and there saying 2 more weeks and I'm like oh man... I'm taking a break then. Now I feel like a fool a few badges short of a Pushan and characters that probably should of got a little more levled. I wish they had said nothing as false info is way worse then no info(as I'm 99.9% sure there will be no MAG extension).

Middle
Jul 18, 2008, 07:08 AM
so from what i have read you thin we could have beaten the 200mil in one week , but you saying that it'll be hard to do it in 2 weeks of extension? (Maybe we will get the extension and i hope we will hit 200 mill.... but the chances aren't very good ....

so lets see if we could hit the 200 mil in the next event if there will be any *lol*

Meta77
Jul 18, 2008, 08:10 AM
we could have reached the goal in mag if idoits did not sit on the fourth floor spamming all day. Serioulsly they need to do a mop up of the floor. Randomly sending in Dulk Fulkis to kill everyone if they stay longer than 10 mins.

Golto
Jul 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
We needed to average something close to 8 mill points a day, the last week we were doing 3-4 million. Do the Math, even with the 065ers all the way through the event we just might have barely reached 180. People seem to forget to factor in event fatigue especially when you only have 1 mission. People that think we would have reached 200 million in 4 weeks are smoking crack.

Ken_Silver
Jul 18, 2008, 10:45 AM
You also forget the people who were 65'd were "hungry" for MAG. Plus that 3 to 4 million is factoring in those who took a break from it.

The second time around, the 65'ers and those who also want a Spread Needle G will be going for the 200 million mark. This is on top of those who want the SANGE in order to make the Sange & Yasha. The next time we get another chance to get that weapon is in an update the not even the JPN servers have yet. So we won't get that update until next year. So people don't want to wait that long.

So on the backs of those 3 hungry groups, we stand a better chance than in the last Week of MAG 1. There are only two problems to this:

A) There may not be a MAG 2
B) We don't know how badly the US/EU population has sunk since all of this happened.

Middle
Jul 20, 2008, 10:31 AM
We needed to average something close to 8 mill points a day, the last week we were doing 3-4 million. Do the Math, even with the 065ers all the way through the event we just might have barely reached 180. People seem to forget to factor in event fatigue especially when you only have 1 mission. People that think we would have reached 200 million in 4 weeks are smoking crack.

I think we are the only two realist in the whole psu community ...
and during the next events it will be harder to reach the final goals because many people quit because of SEGAs incompetence...

Golto
Jul 20, 2008, 11:40 AM
At the rate of our updates we won't see the sange new drop until 2010 if at all.

Lets look at the numbers. I'll give you the highest estimation of 065ers of 200. I'll give you 3 weeks of all of them not playing. I'll also give you them only doing the c runs solo for maxinum points per minute. Those 200 people would have had to played roughly 10 hours a day for 3 straight weeks to make up the 30+ million we needed. They each needed roughly 163000 solo kills each, since kills in parties do not add up. When you factor in that most people would have been in parties of 3 or 4 that number jumps to almost 2x as much. A group of 4 could do it in 6 minutes lets say at 256 kills. 4 solo people could do it in 12 minutes at 220 or whatever. 256x2 = 512, 220 x 4 = 880 kills per 12 minutes.

I don't know about you but I didn't recall seeing #200 on the kill list being 280k. So the only way the 065ers could have gotten us those last 33 million kills was practically impossible.

MiniBrian
Jul 20, 2008, 01:07 PM
at this point, i just want the rewards

mvffin
Jul 20, 2008, 01:30 PM
synth bonus, grind bonus, spread needle. everything else blows.

Middle
Jul 20, 2008, 01:41 PM
This is not only about MAG , it is for future events too (if we ever det them ...)
I wanted a sange ... cuz a sange yasha (14* Twin Saber) would be very nice ... until now there is no chance to get it drop from a monster...
... and i want a Sange just for nostalgia ... i liked this katana very much ...