PDA

View Full Version : Difference between JP and US/EU

NeoTeppin
Jul 18, 2008, 03:25 AM
I just want to kno what the difference is. JP seems to never have problems with updates or events, yet we suffer from delays, postponing, and stalls from ST (see sig). I kno the 065 error wasnt all their fault, but the way they handled it was horrendus. I play on the 360 so it didnt affect me but i feel bad for the PC/PS2 people who didnt get to participate in MAG and probably never will. And as for the content updates its not like they have to program anything new into the game, just translate it over from the JP servers who have already recieved them. And y is it that it will have been a month and a half since our last update before we supposedly get another (which i doubt will even happen).
Another thing, in this update i heard were getting the S2 version of a lot of neudaiz missions and the GBR to go along with em. This leads me to believe we wont get the MAG extension everyone has been waiting for. If u think about it, if both come out at the same time most people will ignore the GBR and go for the MAG missions for drop rates, exp, and MP. I kno ST has been ignorant in the past but putting out 2 limited time things at the same time would be stupid...even for them.

Brainwrecked
Jul 18, 2008, 04:26 AM
JP servers = more players = more income = more/better staff
US/EU servers = less players = less income = less/worse staff

Whether the abomination in service is due to lack of numbers (overworked) or lack of capability (hired help has no clue or doesn't give a shit) is up in the air. But I get a sneaking suspicion that things aren't as easy as editing a few lines in a configuration file when it comes to PSU server maintenance.

MAG doesn't appear to be coming back at all, but I don't think running MAG2 and GBR Neudaiz simultaneously would be such an idiotic move. The community is practically split in half on MAG2. Those that are sick of MAG could do GBR instead. We didn't have far to go to open up all the event rewards, so the drop in participants would be no big deal. Those that were looking for the drops, EXP, MP, and special items of MAG2 could forgo GBR. My guess being that once 200 million kills would be reached, MAG2 participation would dry up pretty friggin' quick.

Ezodagrom
Jul 18, 2008, 06:43 AM
Also MAG extension would only last 2 weeks, while the GBR lasts 4 weeks. So the ones that would do MAG runs would still have 2 weeks of the GBR.

Kizeragi
Jul 18, 2008, 10:26 AM
SoJ are dedicated.
SoA are lazy.

That's all really.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 18, 2008, 10:30 AM
I just want to kno what the difference is. JP seems to never have problems with updates or events
I loled

Kylie
Jul 18, 2008, 10:40 AM
JP servers = more players = more income = more/better staff
US/EU servers = less players = less income = less/worse staff
Exactly. Money buys competence, and SOJ has more money than SOA. You'd think they'd have learned from PSO:BB that splitting up the US/EU and JP servers doesn't work, but I guess they don't care.

dc534
Jul 18, 2008, 11:07 AM
At this point, I play 360 server so we did not have error problems, all I want is my rewards from mag, they have delayed this for way to long now. I want my freakin' rewards I dont think that is asking to much since we earned them. Mag event was long enough for those who actually played all of it, the only people Sonic Team people owe MAG to is those who got error messages. The rest of us they now owe for delaying our rewards for almost 2 months now.

Para
Jul 18, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think a lot of it stems from the idea that all content updates/development are handled by SOJ and that SOJ sends them over here for finalization/localization for SOA. However when SOJ doesn't want to do shit for us, SOA can't do anything but *shrug*.

ashley50
Jul 18, 2008, 11:56 AM
It originated from JP...so maybe that's why it different.
lol

larger population...more priority.
our population? ...no comment

Nuclearranger
Jul 18, 2008, 03:11 PM
Should drop the events update us weekly with JP content catch us up and merge but that would be awesome and we all know it wont happen that way.

Sekani
Jul 18, 2008, 03:15 PM
The truth is, as simply as I can put it, that Sega of Japan does not give a fuck about any of the non-Japanese PSU servers, and is content to put them all out of their misery as soon as possible.

That's the difference.

Broodstar1337
Jul 18, 2008, 03:41 PM
The truth is, as simply as I can put it, that Sega of Japan does not give a fuck about any of the non-Japanese PSU servers, and is content to put them all out of their misery as soon as possible.

That's the difference.

Which is why I have to wonder why they even bother in the first place to release a western version of PSU...

AlphaDragoon
Jul 18, 2008, 04:59 PM

That's the difference.

This. People who mistakenly think "it's all SoA's fault" need to know the truth.

RegulusHikari
Jul 18, 2008, 05:33 PM
Difference between JP and US/EU6 months.

Proto07
Jul 18, 2008, 05:40 PM
I got a chance yesterday at E3 to talk with a SoA employee and ask him about the future for the psu english servers. First thing I asked was the situation with MAG 2 and the delays.This guy immediately knew what I was talking about, which was pretty shocking. I was expecting him not to even know what psu was. :D "We have been focused on the new move, so things are hectic." Was his response. "And the biggest problem is we're really understaffed right now." And why specifically its been delayed,"Sega (of Japan) wants to keep us going forward with our schedule."

They're also currently looking for sponsors for the next event. Which SoA is shooting for a Sept/Oct date. They're hoping for it, this is not actual set date. This event is of course mission carnival.

HienkyakuX
Jul 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
take in note that SOJ are the ones that made the order to hold updates to u know.

Brainwrecked
Jul 19, 2008, 12:51 AM
"And the biggest problem is we're really understaffed right now." And why specifically its been delayed,"Sega (of Japan) wants to keep us going forward with our schedule."

*sigh*

I should have known. It's really pathetic how corporations base staffing on income based on a linear scale rather than logarithmic scale. In plain English: You need more staff per paying customer on the lower end of the scale than you do on the higher end of the scale. Shorting staff to reach a linear profit margin usually ends up cutting into customer service, which starts a vicious cycle of decline until operations are no longer profitable at all.

Also, it appears that it would now take a miracle for MAG2 to make an appearance. Chill's announcement of "a new update schedule" was probably Sega of Japan saying, "No MAG2."

Adriano
Jul 19, 2008, 01:14 AM
6 months.

and GROWING.

pikachief
Jul 19, 2008, 01:30 AM
its funny i go to the JP update page and one of the top things is something of a twin flourecent bulb bug fix lol

also havent they had to extend 1up cup and some other event due to some mess ups?

didnt a mess up cause them to give everyone gold luck for the first 2 weeks of AotI release? then the gol dova mess up lol

the JP players feel like the Guinea Pigs, how they are getting all the screwed up updates first and then were getting the nice fixed versions when they come here

chaoskila
Jul 19, 2008, 02:05 AM
its funny i go to the JP update page and one of the top things is something of a twin flourecent bulb bug fix lol

also havent they had to extend 1up cup and some other event due to some mess ups?

didnt a mess up cause them to give everyone gold luck for the first 2 weeks of AotI release? then the gol dova mess up lol

the JP players feel like the Guinea Pigs, how they are getting all the screwed up updates first and then were getting the nice fixed versions when they come here

id rather have had the shitty broken updates then wait 6 months for the update to come here

Arika
Jul 19, 2008, 02:14 AM
How many people that comment this has actually tried both?
I see less than half.. ._.

AmyPsycho
Jul 20, 2008, 02:44 AM
I'ts really like STA wants this game to die. I'm a hardcore fan of aoi, but even I'm getting really weak towards this game....