PDA

View Full Version : more info on PSU from the gms

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 03:18 PM
found another gm lurking about. got some info that might finally make peopel kinda happy

* amy and tails statues will be given out at the end of the month

* MAG prizes will be given out at the end of the month

* sega actually know the updates of the updates but wont give them out

* i quote this "MAG may very well return. i cannot give out the exact date for it but if i were you i would be ready for the end of this month".

*another event is comming soon. airboard riding

* mission carnaval is the next big event but is still a while away

* at the mission carnaval there will be player vs player matches but wont be like pso style. still competative though

*more misson like airboard racing and PvP will be there

* no new racial abilities in the near future. - to me that says there is one at some point though

* master classes come after the carnaval

* the developers havent even thought about doing a new expansion yet

Kadajenova
Jul 18, 2008, 03:23 PM
lies lies lies and more lies

I doubt SEGAC will give all these things by the end of month. I doubt SEGAC can give that in one BIG update on july,25th.

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 03:24 PM
there are times when i dont wanna believe it but even so. talking to the gms is what keeps me playing. they bring hope

ashley50
Jul 18, 2008, 03:26 PM
are we supposed to be impressed by this?

or another false hope? XD

some of those news are old too btw...

relentless
Jul 18, 2008, 03:28 PM
I don't see any news. lol "...at the end of month..." When is that again? :3 I lost track of time, and ST says AND does random stuffz so yeah. ;D

Hiroko
Jul 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
What was this mysterious GM's name? ^^;

Kizeragi
Jul 18, 2008, 03:32 PM
As long as we get the stuff, I really don't care.
I have things to do for just now.

Cracka_J
Jul 18, 2008, 03:33 PM

I think you mean Amy/Knuckles, but regardless, I'ma LOL HARD when I see:

Due to an unexpected event, we are unfortunately out of stock on the Amy and Knuckles statues we promoted for wishing Sonic a happy birthday. We will not be able to deliver them to your common boxes in a timely manner, or possibly ever. We know the community is fed up with constant disappointments, but be assured, we are working hard to bring you future updates that may or may not include more Sonic statues and treasure chests.

-Chill

You thought 065 was bad? All hell gonna break loose when people don't get their Amy/Knuckles statues...

Gigorman
Jul 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
No Sange, I cancel my subscription. For eternity.

Golto
Jul 18, 2008, 03:38 PM
Well the first two bits of info is new, lets hope its true as I have a lot of synthing to do.

Vercix
Jul 18, 2008, 03:41 PM
I think you forgot the "may" in all those items...ex: amy and tails statues MAY be given out at the end of the month, another event MAY be coming soon, master classes MAY come after the carnival...you get my point...I'll believe it when I log on and see actual changes. But thx I guess...at least these times are up in the air, rather than an exact date that will disappoint everyone (*cough* July 18th)

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
for the people wanting to know which gm it was then his name was melchoir or something like that.

the start of mag 2 is when the mag prizes are going to be given out. that tells me that the monster count wont be counted together with the last one meaning no sange by looks of it

relentless
Jul 18, 2008, 03:47 PM
Melchior is Ruby.

And, Sange wouldn't be the problem, but people are gonna be pissed because of no grinding boost. lol

Kizeragi
Jul 18, 2008, 03:56 PM
Meh grinding boost, Not like i need "more" luck. :/

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 04:04 PM
while you mention the grinding boost.
do you know how much the chance of grinding actually rises?

i bet peopel have been making a fortune of off s+10 grinders aswell

Noblewine
Jul 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
I'll just wait and see what happens.

Kinako78
Jul 18, 2008, 04:23 PM
I think you forgot the "may" in all those items...ex: amy and tails statues MAY be given out at the end of the month, another event MAY be coming soon, master classes MAY come after the carnival...you get my point...I'll believe it when I log on and see actual changes. But thx I guess...at least these times are up in the air, rather than an exact date that will disappoint everyone (*cough* July 18th)

I think you better go back and reread that. There was only ONE "may" and that was concerning the MAG extension.

Vercix
Jul 18, 2008, 04:30 PM
You missed the joke >.< It always seems to me that when people paraphrase the gms they make it sound like they got a for sure answer, when most likely they were given half and half answers that could go either way.

Fhin
Jul 18, 2008, 04:33 PM
I think we'll just have to wait until next week since I think if it's true, "the end of the month" is the 25th then. ^^;

Kinako78
Jul 18, 2008, 04:38 PM
You missed the joke >.< It always seems to me that when people paraphrase the gms they make it sound like they got a for sure answer, when most likely they were given half and half answers that could go either way.

My apologies, but I've heard "jokes" like that too many times when there was no humor involved. To me, though, if that was what this person had done, he/she wouldn't have even included the "may" about the MAG extension.

Vercix
Jul 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
ya...although they could wait till the end of next month and say "see...the end of the month:D"....still I'd be over joyed if ANY of these things actually happened.

relentless
Jul 18, 2008, 04:41 PM
At least here we can expect SOMETHING from ST on the 25th. lol

Btw. Kinako you got 1337 posts. ;o

Poncho_Jr
Jul 18, 2008, 04:46 PM
For most people. The end of the month, is the time of the month.

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 04:50 PM
allthough sega does usually let us down on stuff im willing to believe that mag will come at the end of the month. he seemed pretty sure.

ill ask chillaura aswell. i have both of them on my xbox friends like so its esy to ask them stuff

Syl
Jul 18, 2008, 04:53 PM
he seemed pretty sure.

He seemed pretty sure last time... and the time before that >_>

At this point, it's just best to ride the wave and not believe anything that's said. An update (a big one, mind you) HAS to happen on the 25th. If it doesn't it'll be that last straw in having hope for Sega for a lot of players.

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 04:55 PM
yea i will be honest and say they do seems sure all of the time but it just felt like there was something different about it when he said it this time.

i dont wanna believe him but i am because i believe it will happen at the end of the month

AlphaDragoon
Jul 18, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm taking it with a grain of salt. It'll be cool if it happens...but I don't expect it.

Fhin
Jul 18, 2008, 04:58 PM
Don't screw your brains up. XD Just "be patient" and wait until next week, we'll see what/if something will happen then. ^^;

relentless
Jul 18, 2008, 04:59 PM
Agreed with you guys. What happens happens. If not... well, okay. Stretch my patience. lol

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 05:03 PM
well, melchoir couldnt stress enough about making sure our common boxes had space in them not only because of the amy and knuckles statues but also because of the prizes.

i have to believe this in some way :)

btw somethign that the 360 players might not have known. you know how when you type stuff and it gets blocked out. turn outs its actually microsoft thats doing it. melchoir said if the whole box goes scribbles then it was microsoft. if only one word went like that then its psu

Poncho_Jr
Jul 18, 2008, 05:10 PM
well, melchoir couldnt stress enough about making sure our common boxes had space in them not only because of the amy and knuckles statues but also because of the prizes.

i have to believe this in some way :)

btw somethign that the 360 players might not have known. you know how when you type stuff and it gets blocked out. turn outs its actually microsoft thats doing it. melchoir said if the whole box goes scribbles then it was microsoft. if only one word went like that then its psu

This is something I didn't know
I remember when they used to boot your for typing toooo much. D:

Kinako78
Jul 18, 2008, 05:12 PM
Btw. Kinako you got 1337 posts. ;o

Heh, cool. ;)

But, yeah, let's just be patient and see what happens.

Vercix
Jul 18, 2008, 05:25 PM
My apologies, but I've heard "jokes" like that too many times when there was no humor involved. To me, though, if that was what this person had done, he/she wouldn't have even included the "may" about the MAG extension.

Sorry if you didn't find any humor in it, I just don't take anything that SEGA or their GMs say seriously... Seeing is believing...other than that, I can't say I believe anything they've said. Remind me today what day it is, and what we were told was going to be extended...

RegulusHikari
Jul 18, 2008, 05:31 PM
Just FYI, don't get your hopes up for MAG. I'm sure this 'MAG is coming back' is just a ploy to get your money. Don't get me wrong, MAG IS coming back at some point, but it won't be the boosted one, with S rank, it will be MAG', the one without exp/drop increases and S rank.

Vercix
Jul 18, 2008, 05:34 PM
AKA mission spotlight xD, no jk

Syl
Jul 18, 2008, 05:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, MAG IS coming back at some point, but it won't be the boosted one, with S rank, it will be MAG', the one without exp/drop increases and S rank.

If Sega did do that, they would become legendary trolls.

Darklighter
Jul 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
At this point a GM could tell me the sky was blue and water is wet and I would not believe them.

RegulusHikari
Jul 18, 2008, 05:47 PM
If Sega did do that, they would become legendary trolls.

Hey, I calls em as I sees em. :/
I wouldn't put it past them, just look at how they word it. Rewards at the end of month. MAG at the end of month. How does that work? And now you slap on the 'Dengeki coming soon' comment and it just doesn't look very likely that MAG2 is going to be the boosted one.

Oh well, I'm still waiting for my Lightning Beasts/SEED-Express S2 in October.

Ehhh, wow... I just realized we're probably screwed out of getting the 180-200m rewards altogether. >_>

fay
Jul 18, 2008, 05:51 PM
Hey, I calls em as I sees em. :/
I wouldn't put it past them, just look at how they word it. Rewards at the end of month. MAG at the end of month. How does that work? And now you slap on the 'Dengeki coming soon' comment and it just doesn't look very likely that MAG2 is going to be the boosted one.

Oh well, I'm still waiting for my Lightning Beasts/SEED-Express S2 in October.

Ehhh, wow... I just realized we're probably screwed out of getting the 180-200m rewards altogether. >_>

yea thats what im saying. he said we woudl get the rewards at the end of the month when mag 2 starts. but how coudl those kills count towards the total if we have the rewards already

Shouri
Jul 18, 2008, 05:56 PM
At this point, I wouldn't even care if we got the mag extension or not, as long as we heard something definite either way.

McLaughlin
Jul 18, 2008, 06:15 PM
At this point a GM could tell me the sky was blue and water is wet and I would not believe them.

Agreed. Ruby needs to stop opening his mouth before he gets something he can CONFIRM, and not tell us when we can "expect" things to happen. Personally, I don't "expect" anything from SEGA anymore.

Kylie
Jul 18, 2008, 06:35 PM
If I had a meseta for every time a GM gave out something that didn't come true . . .

Magitek_X
Jul 18, 2008, 06:37 PM
... Sega would think you're haxing meseta?

Matic
Jul 18, 2008, 07:12 PM
... Sega would think you're haxing meseta?

*rimshot*

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 18, 2008, 07:53 PM
Why? Despite everything that has happened, less than a single meseta drop from a mob on PO S2 would cover it.

Leah
Jul 19, 2008, 12:37 AM
lubey dicklips spouting off a bunch of nonsense, as usual. woot. :burger:

Seority
Jul 19, 2008, 02:34 AM
-sigh to the flames of Sega and the GMs-
If you play the game, yes you can be disappointed, but if you don't even respect the GMs nor the corporation behind the game anymore or even enjoy yourself on PSU, cancel your damn subscription and shut up about it. Saying, "OMG this game is so horrible! Segac sux! ARG ARG RAGGE!" will not change anything. It's written truth that the old Sega team epically failed but that's the whole damn reason we have a new one. They have to start up everything on here, which is all new to them, and start rebuilding the damage the old team left and adding on things to make it better. We all know that for any of us, that is a great task that is difficult and stressful, yet they are trying thier best anyway. And yet all you people do is f*ing complain about the old team and don't even give the new guys a chance at making you prissy whiners happy. They moved in and had us up and running before they said they would. Even though little time has passed, that is impressive enough for what we've all had to go through recently.

Those who did cancel your subscription and had enough of it. What exactly are you STILL doing here?? You don't play the game, nor pay for it anymore. This whole site means nothing to you anymore. Just because you were dissatisfied with the old Sega team doesn't give you the right to post, "LOL SEGAC SUX HAR HAR postcount+1pl0x". If you don't want to respect the players, this site, the GMs on the game and here, nor the game itself, then please leave.

-makes topic-

Svaltus
Jul 19, 2008, 07:54 AM
I dont like Spotlight! Playing another missions.

I Still searching for Serafi-sennba in White Beast and wait too for update in next 25 friday!

relentless
Jul 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
I dont like Spotlight! Playing another missions.

I Still searching for Serafi-sennba in White Beast and wait too for update in next 25 friday!

If it doesn't concern you, how can you dislike / like it?! lol Wait, is this even relevant to the topic?

At any rate, eat that ;) :
"Q: I think this mission spotlight is stupid! I'm going to keep playing White Beast! You can't tell me what to do!
A: Woah now, calm down Turbo! You're welcome to play whatever mission you want to play - the spotlight is an optional promotion to help keep things fresh and offer some special prizes. If you want to spam White Beast until your brains melt, you are still certainly welcome to!"

EMPYREAN
Jul 19, 2008, 08:51 AM
Those who did cancel your subscription and had enough of it. What exactly are you STILL doing here?? You don't play the game, nor pay for it anymore.

-makes topic-

1: the official forum is full of fucked upp grammatick geeks that have no life
2: has the thought ever acurd to u that some of us that have canceled realy wants to go back but since ST(old or new) still fucks upp things its no point to return yet.

thats why IM STILL HERE, i want to come back and play this game and have fun but, becouse of the countless dissapointments ST is giving us, they r not gona have my 10 euro UNTILL i can read here in this forum that this game is returning to normal when it comes to uppdates, events and so on.

Naria
Jul 19, 2008, 08:53 AM
I think you mean Amy/Knuckles, but regardless, I'ma LOL HARD when I see:

You thought 065 was bad? All hell gonna break loose when people don't get their Amy/Knuckles statues...

How the hell do we run out of stock on a digitally created item??? I feel like this is Best Buy on the day PS3 came out and I stood in line for 2 days... punch a few codes and make more... ST really is either getttin really lazy or just plain old pathetic :-?

HienkyakuX
Jul 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
They need to start thinking what to do now mag or no mag this is getting boring. If they don't give us an update next friday I'm gonna send my little friend here to pay them a visit. http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154/HienkyakuX/JFBQ00218070525A.gif

autumn
Jul 19, 2008, 09:30 AM
If no update on the 25th I cancel my account until the US/EU side sees an update, possible not until we've had a few here. This may be the make it or break it point on my US/EU account.

HELLBOT
Jul 19, 2008, 11:26 AM
if we don't get the "Maga Update" on the 25th you'll see about 78mil on EbAy

Jainsea
Jul 19, 2008, 11:56 AM
I can understand why everyone is complaining but it does little good and these topics are getting old real fast because all they turn into is flaming and complaining.
We all now how Sega, sadly all we can do is wait and see. I for one, I'm not getting my
hopes up. I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime its random missions for me.

Ken_Silver
Jul 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
I just want my Sange. Screw the grinding boost, screw 3 star luck, screw the treasure chests and screw the Knuckles and Amy statues. I just want my Sange. There's nothing else to it.

And I'll be playing PSU until I can get one too.

Sange or bust.

Mikura
Jul 19, 2008, 12:44 PM
These topics are really getting old...Granted, ST has been failing hard at giving us updates in a timely matter, but complaining about it and threatening to cancel your subscriptions is rather pointless.

XGalvatronX
Jul 19, 2008, 12:46 PM
lubey dicklips spouting off a bunch of nonsense, as usual. woot. :burger:

Yup, Lubey Dicklips and Vagaura really need to stop talking about things they have no clue about.

When are people going to learn that Lubey and Vag don't give 2 $hits about this game or the community. Once this game closes, they'll GM another game and spread their ineptitude and lack of professional to another game.

I just wish they would give us the rewards we earned and be done with it. This lack of updates is absolutely pathetic.

Adriano
Jul 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
I wouldnt go that far, :lol:
You're forgetting that before he was a GM, Ruby was a casual player, and still is? I wouldn't think he would want this version of the game to be in the condition that it is, chill ont he other hand I know nothing about.

but seriously, the Gm's are trying to do things in their power (influencing the players?) to stimulate the community, can't really ask for much else.

relentless
Jul 19, 2008, 12:54 PM
but seriously, the Gm's are trying to do things in their power (influencing the players?) to stimulate the community, can't really ask for much else.

Can't really ask the bawwers not to baww either. :-P
But you're right.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 19, 2008, 01:09 PM
I hope that we get the update on the 25th. It'll give me 4/5 days to play PSU while waiting for Soul Calibur 4. :p

AerisZeal
Jul 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
Oooooohhh, what about the 31st? It is a Thursday, at the end of the month... And while we wouldn't technically be getting it on that Thursday, it would be down for maintenance to give us these things on a Thursday...... :wacko:

Honestly though, one can only hope for sooner than later and I myself am no exception. Here's hoping for the 25th and what it might bring.

Kizeragi
Jul 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
I wouldnt go that far, :lol:
You're forgetting that before he was a GM, Ruby was a casual player, and still is? I wouldn't think he would want this version of the game to be in the condition that it is, chill ont he other hand I know nothing about.

Exactly!
But no, no-one seems to understand this. :/

goldbrease
Jul 21, 2008, 12:11 AM
ok wait... be ready at the end of the month... if they are going to give mag prizes at the end of the month... huh? i see illogicality (this is a real word? questions the spell checker...). are they going to give us the current mag prizes and the mag extension then re give the prizes or whats going on here?

goldbrease
Jul 21, 2008, 02:58 AM
posts like this remind me what a horrible stupid weabooish community the NA PSU is. I can't really blame Sega for not giving a shit about this area since you all will pay to play anyways. Enjoy your PSU you fucking 12 year old narutards.

i find your quoting me with that to be rude offensive and have nothing to do with what i am talking about. i am stating very simply how can you they say be ready at the end of the month when they also say mag extension is unknown at this time, and say mag rewards are at the end of the month.

this tells me either they are going to release mag extension and then the rewards or the mag extension will be done in a couple months and at the end of this month the lightning carnival will start.

also i'm 22 and i do not wear clothing matching naruto, buy his merchandise, or cosplay as him or comment his lines all over the place. and i don't think 80% of the people playing pso are under 16. or at least the ps2 population.

and if your putting psu down why are you even on these boards?

Turb0
Jul 21, 2008, 01:49 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this seems contradictory? The event with airboard racing (lightning carnival or w/e it will be called) is coming soon, but is still a while away?

Golto
Jul 21, 2008, 02:42 PM
Oooooohhh, what about the 31st? It is a Thursday, at the end of the month... And while we wouldn't technically be getting it on that Thursday, it would be down for maintenance to give us these things on a Thursday...... :wacko:

Honestly though, one can only hope for sooner than later and I myself am no exception. Here's hoping for the 25th and what it might bring.

It may be true that they have maintanences on Thursdays but when they do the server isn't up till technically the next day (2 am at the earliest). 2 am on a Friday is still a Friday and it would be August. So the 25th is the last possible update for July.

Svaltus
Jul 21, 2008, 04:47 PM
If it doesn't concern you, how can you dislike / like it?! lol Wait, is this even relevant to the topic?

At any rate, eat that ;) :
"Q: I think this mission spotlight is stupid! I'm going to keep playing White Beast! You can't tell me what to do!
A: Woah now, calm down Turbo! You're welcome to play whatever mission you want to play - the spotlight is an optional promotion to help keep things fresh and offer some special prizes. If you want to spam White Beast until your brains melt, you are still certainly welcome to!"

Calm down man! no Flames! :P

Yesterday i finaly found my first serafi-senba, but i need at least more 4 boards then i will play White Beast for more days and leving up my techs for level 40 too!

I dont say "Spotlight is stupid"! You say this! Then i will play White Beast before coming one new event(2 MAG or Newdaz GBR).reason? level 40 techs and serafi-senba.

And my brain still is regular! Thank You! :)

Dont take wrong idea!!!

lokey013
Jul 21, 2008, 04:56 PM
As much as I love Phantasy Star....I've been playin it less and less....been playin other games as of late...tryin to finish Lost Odyssey before Too Human comes out =P

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 08:39 PM
found another gm lurking about. got some info that might finally make peopel kinda happy

* i quote this "MAG may very well return. i cannot give out the exact date for it but if i were you i would be ready for the end of this month".

thats really all the useful info i see here.

so ruby is saying statues, MAG prizes and maybe MAG all at the end of this month?

judging by nothing on Jp's site i guess he means next week :P

SuperRygar
Jul 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
omg, the gm has spoketh so we must obey!

ill bet somewhere in the license agreement that we skip over every day it says something like "we will give updates when we feel like it so stop your bit**ing" ..but who has actually ever read that whole thing? anyone?

Sinne
Jul 22, 2008, 09:13 PM
I hope they add something. It's getting lame, FAST... For now I have stuff to do, as I am farming a Rattlesnake at the moment, and other stuff... But, I also have a lot of jobs I want to level, and let's be honest WB is wore out, and after MAG Mission Points, and Experience, WB doesn't hit the spot like it used to... especially when we were told it was coming back...

Kinako78
Jul 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
omg, the gm has spoketh so we must obey!

ill bet somewhere in the license agreement that we skip over every day it says something like "we will give updates when we feel like it so stop your bit**ing" ..but who has actually ever read that whole thing? anyone?

I have (not sure why) and no, it doesn't say that anywhere. :p

Niloklives
Jul 22, 2008, 09:54 PM

* at the mission carnaval there will be player vs player matches but wont be like pso style. still competative though

* no new racial abilities in the near future. - to me that says there is one at some point though

* the developers havent even thought about doing a new expansion yet

most of that is just BS. and of what isn't BS...there's already known information and shit that doesn't make any goddamn sense. of course there aren't going to be any new racial abilities any time soon...there hasn't been any sort of announcemnet of an expansion. WHY WOULD THERE BE NEW RACIAL ABILITIES WHEN THERE'S NO WAY TO ADD THEM?!

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying you're just trying to help morale. you're horribly misguided and ignorant on the way updates actually work on PSU.

not only that but mag rewards can come at the end of the month if we're getting MAG2 at the end of the month. a clear contradiction unless MAG2 wont effect our final score...which negates the purpose for many of us, I realize some still want the easy xp/mp.

Thanks but of the valid information, you didn't say anything we didn't already know.

Anduril
Jul 22, 2008, 09:57 PM
OR the "MAG may return at the end of the month" may be that GM seeing MAG' on the schedule (or however they do things there) and assuming it is MAG.

Golto
Jul 22, 2008, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Ruby knows the difference between MAG and MAG`. There was some talk about not bringing back the leaderbaoards and kill counts to speed things up for having MAG extension so maybe that's how we could get MAG rewards and extentsion at the same time.

I'm still holding judgement until Thursday, as that is the lastest we've gotten notice of an update for that Friday.

goldbrease
Jul 23, 2008, 03:27 AM
I have (not sure why) and no, it doesn't say that anywhere. :p

i have not. and the reason i don't and most people don't is that after the introduction paragraphs every sentence is basically repeating itself over and over with a few things added in between the lines.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
Everybody on PSO World already knew about the Mission Carnival like six months ago when JP had it. It looks to be a killer event, but if it's still "a ways away" or whatever, then that means we'll be 7-8 months behind JP. Pretty soon we'll have to wait a year for new content. Then of course the US/EU servers always shut down first, so we'll never see everything unlocked anyway.