PDA

View Full Version : Info on upcoming download missions

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2008, 01:10 AM
From Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080717d.html), we have details on the first two download missions of PSP which will be released on July 31.

Unrecorded Order (http://psupedia.info/PSP:Unrecorded_Order)
This is an item exchange mission where you can take your Weapons Badges to trade out for various rare items. According to the latest issue of Famitsu, there will be 15 items (including weapons, clothes and units) available at the start.

Forbidden Zone: Level C (http://psupedia.info/PSP:Forbidden_Zone:_Level_X)
This is a boss mission. All you do is battle the Bil Degoras (and the Zauzza it summons). Your reward is based on how long the battle takes. Weapons Badges are the only known reward at the moment.

The article also mentions a note from producer Satoshi Sakai. He says that the next download mission distribution (after July 31's) will contain higher level difficulties for story and multi-mode missions.

pikachief
Jul 19, 2008, 01:37 AM
oh wow sounds sweet! especially the boss only mission sounds nice :P

cant wait to see what im saving all my badges for too :D

Kizeragi
Jul 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
Forbidden Zone sounds totally epic.

I ordered my game last night, so looking forward to this. ^^

relentless
Jul 19, 2008, 08:36 AM
All you do is battle the Bil Degoras (and the Zauzza it summons).

What the hell are those? O:

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.4gamer.net/games/050/G005037/20080630011/screenshot.html?num=034

Bil Degoras is the big guy you see in that picture. (It's the boss on the game's cover.) Zauzza are those little bipedal creatures in the same screen.

relentless
Jul 19, 2008, 08:55 AM
Whoa, nice stage, reminds me of Caves. xD
lol So.. first time I saw it, it looked like an epic mini boss(seemed so small at first) or something, but now it.. I guess it's a Ragan reskin? -.- XD Fire, neutral, earth, lightning, light/dark.. we only lack an ice Dragon now... xD Gol Ragan, anyone?

Thanks for the info anyways, still looks cool.

Dragwind
Jul 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
Very nice, good news indeed.

Zarode
Jul 19, 2008, 01:42 PM
Things are starting to look up. :wacko:

Looks like Monster Hunter has been a huge influence on this game. I'm glad.

King137
Jul 22, 2008, 03:06 AM
is this on real game or demo? msg me

Kizeragi
Jul 22, 2008, 06:36 AM
is this on real game or demo? msg me

PSP Info on "upcoming" download missions: I'm pretty sure it's not full game then. /sarcasm
And yeah, Monster Hunters downloadable missions made it a huge success so hopefully this will follow the same route.

ashley50
Jul 22, 2008, 08:05 AM
looks like new a type of badira type reskin ;l

Chimeria
Jul 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
Anyone know if they'll be releasing any of the maximum G missions? It'd be cool to play in the old PSO areas on PSP.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
looks like new a type of badira type reskin ;l

sshh dont tell people that it upsets them D;

Mike
Jul 24, 2008, 01:35 AM
Anyone know if they'll be releasing any of the maximum G missions? It'd be cool to play in the old PSO areas on PSP.

They better. Or at least, release them as stand alones or better yet, give us the whole PSO in one quest! Forest to Ruins baby, woo!

In other news, as I didn't see this posted here yet, there are two methods to download quests: connect wirelessly via the PSP and download or download via pc then send to the memory card (ala Tales of the World). This way everyone with at least an internet connection and a USB cable or memory card reader can get the quests.

Chimeria
Jul 24, 2008, 10:53 AM
The connection thing is awesome. I have wireless internet but I know alot of people who don't so that's pretty cool. I hate to keep comparing this game to Monster Hunter but I'm hoping Sega releases some decent Download Quests and doesn't just give us pretty much the same missions with beefed up monsters and different rewards...
*cough*likemonsterhunter'scheapdownloads!*cough*

But yeah, one good run from the forests to the ruins would be kickass! I'm also hoping they add the PSO weapons as well. Agito, Flowen's sword, DB's sword. All that good stuff.

Triple_S
Jul 25, 2008, 03:42 PM
Don't worry, quite a few PSO weapons are in there, at least in the demo. I wanted to know that as well, so I took a quick Kubara weapon tour of a couple types. I've seen DB's Sword, Spread Needle, pretty sure I saw Ruby Bullet (although my battery ran out right before I got a good look at it), and one new weapon I've seen:

NUG-2000 Bazooka. It's a Laser Cannon though. Shoots a missle, but it pierces enemies from what I could see.

I'm sure there are quite a few more, considering it looks like the demo has every single weapon that the full game will have, not to mention fully-functioning classes and level chart data for at least up to 200. (How else do you think I'd be able to equip all of the stuff? Although no matter what you can't get EXP from level 20 and on in the demo, you can do manual leveling using your own EXP calculations. I just maxed so I could check out what they have in terms of weaponry, which seems to be everything and more from AotI. Very impressive.)

Chibi_psu
Jul 26, 2008, 03:57 PM
About the content download....Do you need a ps2/pc jp account to download it? Or do you need to register the game or something?

DarkShadowX
Jul 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
It'll most likely be free downloads like Monster Hunter does with its Quests and such. Right now tho the download site is not up yet, seeing as the game isn't even supposed to be out just yet.