PDA

View Full Version : AotI Question about the Character Data...

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
Well...what will happen with the Character Data when SEGA Shutdown the NA/EU Servers...?
Will it be Deleted and the work of 100 or 1000 Hours is Lost ?

Golto
Jul 20, 2008, 11:44 AM
They will fax you all the 0s and 1s 1 character per page one at a time, of course they will delete them.

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hm...in tha Case, what is the Reason for Me to go on Playing...?
When the Time comes I lost everything...

Ruru
Jul 20, 2008, 01:12 PM
thousands upon thousands of hours lost.

characters are server side unlike PSO so when the servers go down so do our characters.

choice to keep playing or not is your choice alone. everything eventually ends. its only a matter of when it will end.

why keep playing if its gonna end is like asking why keep living if we're just gonna die.

BigshowPat
Jul 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
There was mention at one time, and I STRESS MENTIONED at one time, that they MAY allow us to download our character data when PSU is shut down.

I would love to have this happen and I've brought this up on the official forums because I'd hate to have all the time I've spent, and seems wasted, to only have my character on the sever deleted.

Still, given SEGA's track record this isn't looking good, especially since we can't even get updates.

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 01:57 PM
I hope this will be POSSIBLE, when the Time Comes...

Mikura
Jul 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
I doubt that will happen. And personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. Everything has to come to an end eventually. Just enjoy the game and your character while it's still there.

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
Maybe it is Possible by the next Expansion...
I have still Hope for that...

RedMussel
Jul 20, 2008, 02:23 PM
This is a stupid topic.

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 02:29 PM
I see...
(...Maybe I Think to much...)

Wiz
Jul 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
This is a stupid topic.
Seconded.

BigshowPat
Jul 20, 2008, 02:51 PM
Why is this a stupid topic?

You don't care about all the hours you've spent hunting for rares and leveling your characters?

Some of us would like to keep our characters even after the servers are shutdown. It is always nice to log back onto PSO and have ALL of my character data there, granted they weren't stored SERVER side.

Still thought, this topic has credit but nobody wants to admit that they want to keep their characters.

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 02:51 PM
Happy,...I'm not the only One
who is Thinking about that.

Kizeragi
Jul 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
There was mention at one time, and I STRESS MENTIONED at one time, that they MAY allow us to download our character data when PSU is shut down.

I would love to have this happen and I've brought this up on the official forums because I'd hate to have all the time I've spent, and seems wasted, to only have my character on the sever deleted.

Still, given SEGA's track record this isn't looking good, especially since we can't even get updates.

This, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do this.
I would love to keep my data after PSU closes.

SStrikerR
Jul 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
This is a stupid topic.
Some of the replies have been stupid, but the the OP's thoughts are actually interesting. I mean, when PSU's servers are shut down, 3 things could happen.

1)All our characters will be deleted and that's that.
2)Sega let's us download our chars and we can do whatever with them.
3)Some person will make a private server and will, for a price, take them from the official servers before they close and take them to the private server. (This is what happened with BB)

I personally would like to keep my characters. (Although I'd like number 3 to happen the most, because offline single-player PSU isn't that great. At least on another server we could still play with others. Hope
I'm not going to far with this and I get banned.

BigshowPat
Jul 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
Sadly though it looks like all will be deleted. With SEGA's lack of customer support I really don't see them letting us keep our characters.

It would be nice to see the other two options happen though.

Danny_Dark
Jul 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
I Hope for Option Number 2.

Golto
Jul 20, 2008, 03:04 PM
Downloading of character data is just someone's wishfull thinking. No one at ST has stated that they plan on letting us do that.

Almeho
Jul 20, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hmm, I wouldn't mind being able to download/obtain/somehow keep my character data when it all comes to an end.

Danny_Dark
Jul 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
...Ok...Thanks for the Replies...
This Thread can now be Closed...I'm Finished...

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
Closed by request.