PDA

View Full Version : Behold: PLAYSTATION(R)Ticket and HomeTime

eXo
Jul 20, 2008, 11:09 PM
This was posted on the playstation home beta forums by a guy with blue text according to the homebetatrial forums the only ones allowed to post in this metallic blue are SCEA officials or represenitives so how much of this is truth or speculation you guys decide.

Behold: PLAYSTATION(R)Ticket and HomeTime, Introducing the Home Cinema Premium Service

Introducing the Home Cinema Premium Service simply known as "Ticket™". Similarly named for Home's premium avatar service "Dress™".
This is truely a breakthrough service that we at SCEA would love to implement in the near future.
Currently, the Home Cinema Theater presents the hottest in game and movie trailers. BUT, imagine seeing your most wanted movies in the convenient comfort of PS Home right when it hits theaters.
Yes, Ticket™ is a cinema premium service that will allow you to view Full Feature Films in full HD quality or standard resolution and right when they are immediately available at the Theaters. For example, dying to watch upcoming films like Saw V or Jurassic Park IV? But dont want to waste time going to a local theater? Then fear not, PlayStation Home has you covered.

Step 1. Head inside PlayStation Home. (of course)
Step 2. Walk right up to the Home Cinema box office.
Step 3. You'll be greeted with a neat schedual interface of showtimes for films that are "Now Available", "Coming Soon", what are "Sold Out" and the Cost for the presentation.
Step 4. Simply select the film you wish to see and quickly pay using your credit card. Then you will be given your virtual "ticket". Your key into your cinema world of entertainment.
Step 5. When transaction is complete, enter the Home Cinema. And just like in real life you will walk right in and quickly search for the theater room presentating the specific film you wish to see.
Step 6.

When room is found. Present your purchased Ticket and you may Enter.
Final Step. Now you have a quick choice in seat select before previews start. Quickly sit down in a availabe seat before it is Reserved.
Now heres the good part. Once you're ready to enjoy your Movie. You will have the opportunity to set your most comfortable camera view angle. For example, set it to Right or Left, 1st Person View, Over Shoulder 3rd Person View and most IMPORTANTLY....FULL SCREEN set for your HD or selected SD tv sets.
The deed is done. Enjoy your Movie!

FAQ:
Q: I dont have a credit card. Can I pay another way?
A: Absolutly! PlayStation Network Cards can be purchased at your local retailers when PSN cards become available in the US. Also PLAYSTATIONŽTicket cards can work as well when available.

Q: Can I pay for Friends or vice versa?
A: Yes, a great way for friends to enjoy movies together. Just simply have your selected friends together at the Home Cinema box office and just simply pay for their virtural Tickets.

Q: How much are the Tickets???
A: PlayStation Home's virtual Tickets will only cost as much as an average movie ticket would cost. Between $2.99 to $4.99 in USD. Aswell in worldwide.

Q: Is there monthly or yearly fees to view Movies in Home?
A: No. Currently, Home is free of annoying monthly or yearly fees and will stay that way for aslong Home lives.

Q: What about annoying talkative people and constant speech bubbles during the movie??
A: When the feature presentation starts, all other voice volume and speech bubbles are automaticly set to OFF. Although Private Messages can be sent to friends only while in movie. But its best to have your moneys worth and enjoy the movie.

Q: What about controversy of Piracy and Licencing Issues?
A: Of course such services like this can have its major issues like controversy. For now the licencing will be done if possible. Because legal licence contracts are very hard and is a big obsticle and if succeded, all is well. And as for the the piracy issues, piracy is Everywhere. No matter how its done to prevent it. Its going to happen anywhere when possible. Even Microsoft's Xbox 360 has fallen victim to major piracy both on disc and online. Surprisenly, the PS3 is quite the only HD game console not fallen in piracy hands.(But I'm not saying its impervious, when time rolls on eventually hackers will have their way with the console.) But the most import thing is that they have already purchased interance into the Movie.

Q: How is the Showtimes set aline with all the other PS3 Home users from all different regions in the same lobby spot??
A: I'm glad you ask. Here is where "HomeTime" comes in. HomeTime is a worldwide "Home" clock set for the soul purpose of Home Cinema showtimes, schedualed events, limited time promotions, tournaments, private parties, and beyond. No matter what country, region, or timezone you are at, HomeTime is set at the same worldwide time. For example, If its 12HT(hometime) in California, its its 12HT(aka PM) in Europe also! Millions from different regions of the world will join and especially in the same lobby spot as you and thats why HomeTime is there. To not let different region time get in the way of specialized activites in Home.
And of course with the press of the PS button, you will obviously have access to your standard realtime local clock hour.

Q: Can I buy virtual popcorn, candy or soda IN Home for my avitar to eat?
A: (laughs) Thats a nice idea but I dont think theres any reason to waste money on useless virtual food lol. Where this service is suppose to shine is its feature films to watch either in HD or SD resolution. (varies on cost)

Q: Is there any ways I can pay LESS for my movie?
A: There is most likely 2 ways to pay. One: between $1.99 to $2.99 USD for (SD)Standard Definition. TWO: $3.99 to $4.99 for (HD)High Definition. Simple.

Q: When a movie is "Sold Out". Does that mean no more available virtual Tickets? or The specific theater room is full of PS3 Home users?
A: There is never a limit of virtual tickets. But yes it does mean the room is Full and will have to wait until someone leaves or wait until the next presentation. But its best to get your moneys worth and wait for the next movie showing.

Q: What if I have internet problems and signs me out of the Network and from the movie. Do I have to pay again to see the rest of it?
A: Right we are still working on the probability of internet disconnections and will update you when it is available. But we will inform you if you do have an actual Internet Disconnection, you will be able watch the specific movie again free of charge. But only for the specific film you purchased to view.

Q: Will all of the ticket purchases be sent to official box offices?
A: Yes, all ticket purchase info is sent to the official box offices for quality purposes.

Uncle_bob
Jul 20, 2008, 11:24 PM
http://blitzkommando.com/storage/exo.gif

SpikeOtacon
Jul 20, 2008, 11:29 PM
Also, while it sounds kind of official the fact that they throw in words like "lol", it kind of breaks the illusion.

eXo
Jul 20, 2008, 11:55 PM
http://blitzkommando.com/storage/exo.gif

Maybe so maybe not normally i include a source however seeing that the home beta trail forums are restricted to beta testers only what good will a dead link do you? My cousin is the one who got into HBT and i seriously doubt that he would appreciate me giving out his account info & PW.

Thats why i said something like true or false you decide because im really experienced with their forum system therefore i cant verify anything, all that i can do is copy & paste information here for those who chose to to discuss this.

Alot of random things are openly discussed on those forums rather or not discussion becomes reality is out of my control lol.

McLaughlin
Jul 21, 2008, 02:06 AM
Also, while it sounds kind of official the fact that they throw in words like "lol", it kind of breaks the illusion.

I agree. It also sounds like they ripped off WoW forums with the blue text.

A neat idea nonetheless.

Iduno
Jul 21, 2008, 06:49 AM
Does anyone else think it sounds kind of stupid and inconvenient to have to wait for films to air at a certain time and having tickets that can sell out for an online thing? By trying to make it so close to the experience of going to a cinema with things like this, I'm sure anyone who isn't a total basement dweller will just go to the cinema for a proper experience.

(Do they also show the starting time as around 30mins before the film starts in which you will be bombarded by adverts like a real cinema? If so its even less of a reason to use it.)

And they mention disconnections but nothing about the possability of lag during a movie.

Seority
Jul 21, 2008, 07:16 AM
It's still a fun and interesting idea though.

Indica
Jul 21, 2008, 12:39 PM
Ugh, I thought this would be new info when Home is going to be released.....

It's probably an old update, but I just updated my PS3 yesterday and now see a Trophy menu now. So hopefully it should be coming soon

Kylie
Jul 21, 2008, 04:23 PM
Does anyone else think it sounds kind of stupid and inconvenient to have to wait for films to air at a certain time and having tickets that can sell out for an online thing? By trying to make it so close to the experience of going to a cinema with things like this, I'm sure anyone who isn't a total basement dweller will just go to the cinema for a proper experience.

(Do they also show the starting time as around 30mins before the film starts in which you will be bombarded by adverts like a real cinema? If so its even less of a reason to use it.)

And they mention disconnections but nothing about the possability of lag during a movie.
Haha, yeah. Most of the stuff on the Net now is about getting stuff NOW, and I'd rather just go to a theater in real life... that's really half the experience for me of seeing movies.