PDA

View Full Version : slicers...?

S.T.K
Jul 21, 2008, 01:00 AM
so i finally used a slicer on my new character..

they are nothing like on the old game, i think they are pretty lame compared to the old ones. :-?
i mean at the most u can maybe hit 3 monsters, but thats only if they are all standing in a line right behind each other. on PSO u basically hit everything standing in front of u

what does everyone else think about em?

pikachief
Jul 21, 2008, 01:02 AM
i think i've hit over 8 at a time before u. are u using the PHOTON ART? :O

Alura
Jul 21, 2008, 01:03 AM
they suck now :) they were better before they got nerf'd i used to hit about 5.5k per hit ; ;

Reginaldo
Jul 21, 2008, 01:04 AM
use uh, chikki I think it's called.

S.T.K
Jul 21, 2008, 01:05 AM
yeah i have the PA..
i know that hits alot of enemies.. but the regular attack is wack as hell..
and it barely does ne damage

KuroShinnen
Jul 21, 2008, 01:15 AM
That's usually how regular attacks are... isn't it?

Turb0
Jul 21, 2008, 01:16 AM
Well regular attacks are hardly a consistent source of damage. Level chikki up and it'll be worth it.

chaoskila
Jul 21, 2008, 01:24 AM
i think they are pretty lame compared to the old ones. :-?

pso's slicers sucked.
just gave hunters a reason to stay back
psu's is supior cuz i think they do much more and is more flashy [given since its a newer game]
as for in pso hitting everything in front of you was probably taken out beacuse of how the laser cannon is

S.T.K
Jul 21, 2008, 01:27 AM
pso's slicers sucked.
just gave hunters a reason to stay back
psu's is supior cuz i think they do much more and is more flashy [given since its a newer game]
as for in pso hitting everything in front of you was probably taken out beacuse of how the laser cannon is

how u figure they sucked?
i wasnt even a hunter anyway i was a Formar.

and what are u talkin bout with the laser cannon?

Alastor_Haven
Jul 21, 2008, 01:53 AM
They fail now

The only time you should be using Normal attack

- Is when you hit boxes
- JA'ING the PA
- Conserve PP If your that poor that you can't even buy photon charges

Other then that

Spam that PA button

GaNksTa
Jul 21, 2008, 02:27 AM
how u figure they sucked?
i wasnt even a hunter anyway i was a Formar.

and what are u talkin bout with the laser cannon?

What platform were you on for PSO?

I played PSO for about 2 years and saw maybe 4 Hunters using slicers. I'd have to say they're a lot better in PSU; given that we have Chikki.

The only areas in which a smart Hunter would use a slicer would be in the Mines and when fighting De Rol Le. Even then, there are greater substitutes, such as: Rafoie, Excalibur, TJS and numerous others which I am no longer familiar with due to my inconsistent play of PSO... yeah..

Celi-Ka
Jul 21, 2008, 02:35 AM
Oh please...try Choutou when you can get it...it's so much more fun to use than Chikki. And it comes out much faster.

landman
Jul 21, 2008, 02:39 AM
I only saw a Hunter using a slicer in PSO before the PSOBB servers shut down and he provably was an actual PSU player lol

pikachief
Jul 21, 2008, 02:41 AM
they suck now :) they were better before they got nerf'd i used to hit about 5.5k per hit ; ;

i can hit over 3k per hit i think with my slicer, i think thats pretty good :/

dc534
Jul 21, 2008, 03:01 AM
I hit 4.5k as a FiG with Chotou

pikachief
Jul 21, 2008, 03:07 AM
I hit 4.5k as a FiG with Chotou

chikki hits more times and is easier to aim :D

goldbrease
Jul 21, 2008, 03:20 AM
slicer in pso= a hunter hand gun that moves him forward and sends out a weak attack that hits most mobs in front of you. in ult since you have to deal a certain amount at least to stuff most mobs nearly all the slivers are useless. i believe horrible accuracy even on weak hits.they also had h

slicers in psu= a big flying photon blade that hits anything it touches in its path. not great on damage alone but ive seen it be pretty lethal to bosses, espeshily if a pa is used.

Atomic646
Jul 21, 2008, 05:50 AM
yeah i have the PA..
i know that hits alot of enemies.. but the regular attack is wack as hell..
and it barely does ne damage
The PA move barely does any damage... lvl 40 what 2300 maybe, compaired to 5000k+

dc534
Jul 21, 2008, 01:34 PM
Actually I hit plenty with the ultimate slice most of the time I am hiting 4 enemies, and that move is much quicker than chiki, by the time you get one full chikki off I already did two pa moves, I dont even bother JA the first part of chotou. I will agree with you that chikki is easier to use, the main thing with Chotou is it is more of a closer range slicer move, most people try using it the same way as Chikki and you really cannot do that. Once you learn the angles of Chotou you will be doing far more damage than Chikki, at least now that Chikki is nerfed.

Ruru
Jul 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
chikki nerf wasn't such a big deal. just imagine using chikki pre nerf if we were at level 200 lol we'd be doing 15-20k damage a PA.

anyway i never liked slicers on PSO and this game i still really dont like slicers. i've used them a bit since after MAG and from my experience i like chikki more even after the nerf than i like choutou, mostly because i can be about 40 feet away and still kill most things with chikki and choutou you have to really be right in the thick of things for it to be effective, which is DUMB for a slicer IMO. slicer is supposed to be a long range weapon.

Ahkaskar
Jul 21, 2008, 02:44 PM
The people complaining about the chikki nerf seem to love to completely neglect the drop in cost. Maybe each hit does less damage, but you can throw it more often. So what?

Cracka_J
Jul 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
chikki nerf wasn't such a big deal.

This. Here's the lowdown on the available slicer PA's, since the majority seems to be T_T'ing about the lack of NuMb4rZ, when both PA's are still extremely effective. Anywhoo...

Chikki - EXTREMELY effective against mobs, solid against single enemies. Hits far & wide. Using a high % opposite element slicer and just attacking, you can inflict anywhere from 2k to maybe 3.5k per hit (chikki hits 3x) for a ballpark figure of 6~12k PER ONE PA USE. FF's cannot deal ranged damage any greater then Chikki. It's almost rifle range AND you can crit it. Best range PA for a FF (Jabroga is mid-close range, chikki has nearly 3-4x jabroga range, so jabroga don't count).

Choutu - Choutu is harder to aim and focus in on individual enemies, as the 1st combo shoots 2 slicers from both sides of your character. Works a lot better on larger mobs. Less overall damage per use, but the 2nd combo is painful. JA the 2nd combo for some really nice damage. It is also an overall faster PA then chikki. You can JA it faster, and the animation is faster. Just make sure you have enough time to go into that second combo because that's where the raw damage is on this PA. Due to the fact that it's harder to aim and does overall less damage, I still prefer chikki over it. But it is a solid PA, and allows faster attacking/movement.

Basic slicer attacks are pretty worthless, unless you need to charge up that PA juice. Basic strategy is just to throw one normal slicer attack out, so you can immediately go into JA>PA (just attack pa), rinse and repeat. Slicers are really nice situational weapons if you know you will be fighting lots of clumped mobs. You will be able to dispose of them quickly without fighting from the front lines. Ya, chikki no longer does jabroga numbarz, but it never should have in the first place. It got nerfed, and personally I still feel it's way too powerful if used correctly. "Used correctly" being the key term there. ;)

NDW
Jul 21, 2008, 03:08 PM
The PA move barely does any damage... lvl 40 what 2300 maybe, compaired to 5000k+

5000k = 5,000,000

Damn, you've must have seen a hacked Chikki! :o

Just kidding, we know you meant 5000+. :p