PDA

View Full Version : AotI What happened to Forest of Illusion (FOI)?

MysticGoten
Jul 21, 2008, 03:21 AM
The title says it all.

I used to play with about 3-4 of my friends after I got off work for about 3-4 hrs a night and we usually always got into the Forest of Illusion (FOI) once.

We got it twice one night :-D

We have been doing the same routine as usual after the server downtime (for Sega's move) and HAVEN'T GOT THE FOREST ONCE!!!

I am really upset and ticked off at the same time. One of my friends read that people think the chances of getting FOI were lowered, which would really suck if thats true.

From reading all of the posts on this forum, it seems like Sega would pull a d*** move like that.

On the side:

UPDATES
I just look at the horrible updating situation like this, the Japanese like to have a monopoly over the video game industry and the Xbox changed that a little. Xbox is hated in Japan, so I figure thats why we get the shaft updatewise.

GRINDING
Also how hard is it to get a 10/10 Phantom?
I bought like 15 Grinder A+9's (9.5k a pop) and have a 2/10 Phantom so far. I plan to grind it with 9's until its 4/10 (or maybe 8/10) and then finish off with 10's (which are expensive at around 90k a pop) when I have 3 star luck.
http://psupedia.info/Grind#A-rank_weapons

CHARACTERS
Is there any way to save your character data to your 360 HD so you don't lose your Character and many days of work if you decide to quit?

Thanks ^^

goldbrease
Jul 21, 2008, 03:30 AM
updates theres going to be an all world update were your time in a mission doesn't influence the rare missions, instead your number of party members from start to finish does.

check psupedia. i believe if you even want a chance your going to need to use nothing but 10s after its 4/10

no. all characters are server side so they can not be modified or hacked into and changed. the only character upload that will happen will be psu portable were you can plus your psp with psp in it and select your online characters to copy into it also giveing your characters special units depending on what race they are.

pikachief
Jul 21, 2008, 04:39 AM
i've known people to quit and come back after 5 months and still have their character, im sure your character wont be deletted

Loso
Jul 21, 2008, 04:47 AM
As far as I know nothing happened to Forest.. me and my group got it 7 times this weekend.. once back-to-back. Just a luck thing I guess..

MysticGoten
Jul 21, 2008, 11:38 AM
As far as I know nothing happened to Forest.. me and my group got it 7 times this weekend.. once back-to-back. Just a luck thing I guess..

How many people were in your group?

Also please explain the method you were using to get into the FOI?

Ruru
Jul 21, 2008, 12:27 PM
we got it last night twice in a few runs.
first time it was me and two other people so we called in a fourth.
second time we had 4 so we did it right away.

we weren't looking for it either and never once split the party to check if we got it. it was just random chance as always. we were doing desert goliath S2, and it just popped up.

ashley50
Jul 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
uhm...nothing happened to it?

its there...

Kizeragi
Jul 21, 2008, 01:53 PM
uhm...nothing happened to it?

its there...

This. I've had it three times in a row, so it's still there.

MysticGoten
Jul 21, 2008, 02:27 PM
Its so annoying for me. Usually it was about 3-4 of us soloing C rank Valley of Carnage runs and joining the others in order of who finished faster each time and we would check for FOI afterwards with usually 1 success within 2-4 hours.

Its hard for me to imagine getting it once a night for like a week like clockwork and then not getting it at all without something changing after the server move.

JAFO22000
Jul 21, 2008, 02:41 PM
Its so annoying for me. Usually it was about 3-4 of us soloing C rank Valley of Carnage runs and joining the others in order of who finished faster each time and we would check for FOI afterwards with usually 1 success within 2-4 hours.

Its hard for me to imagine getting it once a night for like a week like clockwork and then not getting it at all without something changing after the server move.

Were you finishing your C runs in less than 5 minutes???

Larian
Jul 21, 2008, 03:09 PM
I've only seen FOI twice since it came out! =/

Kizeragi
Jul 21, 2008, 03:11 PM

Soloing C is the worst way to find FoI, if your finishing too quick FoI will not appear, ever. Your better off doing higher ranked runs and checking the lobby after every run.

Almeho
Jul 21, 2008, 03:15 PM
I have bad luck with it. I make an effort to look for it for a few hours each week but, I have only gotten it on my own twice since its release.

NDW
Jul 21, 2008, 03:15 PM
Here is some info from PSUPedia (http://psupedia.info/Rare_free_missions) that should clear some things up:

"* When searching for a rare free mission, it is helpful to have a full party of six players. The more players in a party, the higher the chances of a rare mission appearing.

* Run any mission, on any difficulty you please. The difficulty played will have no effect on your chances of finding a rare mission.

* There is no need to disband your party to search for a rare mission after clearing a normal mission. Only the current party leader will see a rare mission if it becomes available.

* The higher the amount of time spent in a normal mission, the greater the probability of a rare mission appearing. However, a rare mission will not appear if less than five minutes are spent in a normal mission. Also, remaining in a mission for over thirty minutes will not increase the chances above the maximum probability of a rare mission appearing."

To maximize your chance of finding a rare free mission is to play with a party of six players and complete a mission on any rank in 30+ minutes.

Almeho
Jul 21, 2008, 03:18 PM
Here is some info from PSUPedia (http://psupedia.info/Rare_free_missions) that should clear some things up:

"* When searching for a rare free mission, it is helpful to have a full party of six players. The more players in a party, the higher the chances of a rare mission appearing.

* Run any mission, on any difficulty you please. The difficulty played will have no effect on your chances of finding a rare mission.

* There is no need to disband your party to search for a rare mission after clearing a normal mission. Only the current party leader will see a rare mission if it becomes available.

* The higher the amount of time spent in a normal mission, the greater the probability of a rare mission appearing. However, a rare mission will not appear if less than five minutes are spent in a normal mission. Also, remaining in a mission for over thirty minutes will not increase the chances above the maximum probability of a rare mission appearing."

To maximize your chance of finding a rare free mission is to play with a party of six players and complete a mission on any rank in 30+ minutes.

I read that, too. I didn't know if that is in effect or not...
Perhaps it is, then?

NDW
Jul 21, 2008, 03:50 PM
I read that, too. I didn't know if that is in effect or not...
Perhaps it is, then?

It is in effect. The new method to finding rare missions was applied June 6th, 2008 (http://psupedia.info/Updates/June_2008#Update_051).

MysticGoten
Jul 21, 2008, 06:28 PM
Were you finishing your C runs in less than 5 minutes???

Maybe on the first run, but all the runs after that (waiting for others to join your party) usually put us over 5 minutes.

I am level 60 now anyway and I think our lowest level member is about 55 or so, so we will all start doing B or > missions.

The 3 of us together did a couple S rank Valley of Carnage and A-S De Rol Le runs yesterday to collect some PA Fragments and try for FOI with no luck.

I'll basically be done with the game when I hit lvl 75 and grind a 10/10 phantom. Then I'll quit playing until we get some updates (which could be years).

P.S.
Everyone checks PSUpedia (or should)

Loso
Jul 21, 2008, 06:38 PM
How many people were in your group?

Also please explain the method you were using to get into the FOI?

Usually 5 people plus my PM. We spammed Desert Goliath S2 half the day Saturday and all day Sunday. Method? Just spamming DG... thats it.

Colonel Mustard
Jul 21, 2008, 07:03 PM
It is in effect. The new method to finding rare missions was applied June 6th, 2008 (http://psupedia.info/Updates/June_2008#Update_051).For the record, if you care, there is anecdotal evidence, for whatever that is worth, sometimes a good deal, sometimes not, that this, so-called, update, was not applied to the, considerably larger, 360 version.

MysticGoten
Jul 22, 2008, 01:51 AM
We got in tonight after work. It was 3 humans, 1 NPC, and 1 partner machine on an S rank Valley of Carnage run.

It was a long time coming, made it to Fortegunner lvl 11.

MysticGoten
Jul 23, 2008, 04:21 AM
OMG, WE JUST GOT FOI 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!! :D

Every time we left FOI we had it right back again!!

Sadly, on the third run we were interrupted by the server downtime due to Sega's ISP. SUCH HORRIBLE TIMING FOR US!!!!

What a shame, was about to jump from lvl 11 fortegunner to lvl 13 in no time, a couple De Rol Le runs will get me there.

Plus, I had 3 star luck so I grinded like a mofo today. Got most of my items 4/10 or above. Ended up with 8/8 and 8/9 Phantoms. One Phantom failed at 7/10.

NDW
Jul 23, 2008, 09:53 PM
I have to ask something since I don't know if it is verified or not. I hear about how people can do a free mission that isn't on Moatoob and after the free mission they would go to Moatoob to a mission counter and get Forest of Illusion. Is this possible right now or do you have to clear a free mission only from Moatoob to get Forest of Illusion?

MysticGoten
Jul 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
I can't verify that for myself because all the missions we run are on Moatoob, but people say that does happen.

NDW
Jul 24, 2008, 04:02 AM
If anyone can tell me if they recently had gotten Forest of Illusion after completing a non-Moatoob free mission, it would be greatly appreciated.

shintaHakamashi
Jul 24, 2008, 08:28 AM
um to get forest u have too.

1. beat it with in 5-30 minutes. anything to fast or over is a less chance.
2. bigger the party the better.
3. do missions like Awoken Serpent or lonly lab desert golith or terror ect.

go to psupedia.com for more details.

NDW
Jul 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
um to get forest u have too.

1. beat it with in 5-30 minutes. anything to fast or over is a less chance.
2. bigger the party the better.
3. do missions like Awoken Serpent or lonly lab desert golith or terror ect.

go to psupedia.com for more details.

This was explained in an earlier post in this thread (#14) (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2093397&postcount=14). The only thing I'm not sure of and I'm trying to figure out is if you can do a non-Moatoob free mission and afterwards go to a Moatoob free mission counter and have a chance for Forest of Illusion.

Also URL is psupedia.info, not psupedia.com.