PDA

View Full Version : Fave event?

S.T.K
Jul 21, 2008, 11:09 AM
what has been your favorite event so far while playing PSU..
and dont say the Dengeki cup or something else the US/EU havent seen yet(except for ppl playing on JP servers)

so far, i think mine has been Firebreak.. i mean u could go to any of the 3 planets and find a mission very easily.

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2008, 11:25 AM
Firebreak :D It was nice seeing original missions, even if I had played them in Story mode. And those missions were actually HARD back then, the level cap was 80 and I think we all remember what Fire Olgohmons can do with Foie. No other event has been anywhere near as fun, to me.

Kizeragi
Jul 21, 2008, 11:42 AM
Firebreak :D It was nice seeing original missions, even if I had played them in Story mode. And those missions were actually HARD back then, the level cap was 80 and I think we all remember what Fire Olgohmons can do with Foie. No other event has been anywhere near as fun, to me.

This also, Firebreak was a real fun challenge. I miss people spamming "GTFO NEUDAIZ" too xD Oh and people saying Firebrake :L

Noblewine
Jul 21, 2008, 11:49 AM
1up it was my first event and I enjoyed the challenge of trying to get an S on each mission.

Ezodagrom
Jul 21, 2008, 11:56 AM
I wasn't here for firebreak, but about the events where I participated, I liked 1UP cup the most :>

pikachief
Jul 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
I think the events jsut got worse and worse lol so firebreak XD

im expecting Dengeki to turn it around tho :) (which is good because i always expected each event to be worse than the last i just dont think its possible to make a worse event than MAG)

Ail
Jul 21, 2008, 12:11 PM
played every event in US/EU

and i enjoyed the most 1up cup :love:

♪ I stand still alone at twilight
at sight of city lights
I found something
like a ship without sail, without sail
I would be lost
if you were not with me, with me ♪

i liked so much the atmosphere (even if.. at a certain point there was a lot of discrimination.. but i played with friends so no prob for me ^^;) i also got a lot of rares i was hunting for ages (and never found until this event xD )

oh yea.. the second place, of course, is for firebreak :shy:

SuperRygar
Jul 21, 2008, 01:06 PM
I liked MAG the most, simply because it was PSO style. I could listen to that music all day....

darkante
Jul 21, 2008, 01:10 PM
I prefered 1-Up, at least it had some variety with the floater mini-game.
I usually messed around with a friend just on that mini-game.
Only thing that really stood out between 1-up and Winter Event.

Ruru
Jul 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
lol i loved the floader race part of 1up

i'll also have to say 1up was my favorite although i hated it when the 1up people would stop in to talk after EVERY SINGLE MISSION WAS OVER!! other than that though it was very fun for me. i never liked having to use the photon eraser for things in story mode so firebreak wouldn't have been fun for me. (I was still playing offline when firebreak started here)

gundam0079
Jul 21, 2008, 01:26 PM
FIreBreak! go burning rangers

Dirkster111
Jul 21, 2008, 01:30 PM
Definately Firebreak. Would love to see it again.

Turb0
Jul 21, 2008, 01:56 PM
I wasn't here for firebreak but my favorite was 1up by far. The excitement of the EX missions made it so much different and better than any other event so far imo. That and there were 4 different missions so it didn't get really repetitive like the winter event and MAG.

relentless
Jul 21, 2008, 02:01 PM
Firebreak was the best.
1UP was very good, too. 20 Ragnuses a day was just hilarious.
Then I guess MA:G... no comment though, and the rest of the events were pretty meh.

RedMussel
Jul 21, 2008, 02:07 PM
Firebreak is by far the best, but when people (and me( first saw the EX mission in 1up everyone was so exited! XD

Middle
Jul 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
I liked MAG the most, simply because it was PSO style. I could listen to that music all day....

yea ... nostalgia ... i still play PSO ^^

Gunslinger-08
Jul 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
1Up Cup. Best time I ever had on the servers, period.

Anduril
Jul 21, 2008, 02:25 PM
I liked Firebreak, but the fact that everyone just spammed the Neudaiz mission over and over kinda still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. 1up is a close 2nd because of the EX missions and the fact that you didn't have to run around the entire game to play the missions.

MysticGoten
Jul 21, 2008, 02:30 PM
There hasn't been events since I started and it doesn't seem like we will ever get anymore in a timely fashion.

All my friends are upset we didn't get to participate in MAG.

unicorn
Jul 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
Firebreak definately. 1-up comes right behind it.

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2008, 02:41 PM
I've liked them all. Though maybe if I picked one in particular, maybe 1up. All of the events in my opinion were very profitable, which was fine with me.

autumn
Jul 21, 2008, 02:42 PM
1Up seeing as I wasn't here for Firebreak. I've also been enjoying Shred the Darkness and can't wait to run my US characters around on it.

Ethateral
Jul 21, 2008, 02:52 PM
I just missed Firebreak when I joined. My favorite was 1-up by far, then MA:G in second. I really got excited over the EX missions during 1-up, but none of the people I ran with all the time wanted to run the Gaozoran one, lol. XD <3 They all still hate the Gaozorans. D:

I did like MA:G though, solely for the PSO feel and the room of all the Vandas that shot millions of Foie at you non-stop, alongside the Grass Assassins ramming into you. ^_^

Ithildin
Jul 21, 2008, 03:00 PM
Firebreak or 1up. Enjoyed both the same really.

Almeho
Jul 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
I liked 1-Up as well as the Winter Thanks. Had internet problems during Firebreak so, I never got to experience that. Maximum Attack G was fun, though repetitive, and brought back some PSO memories for me. ^^

furrypaws
Jul 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
I quit halfway through FIrebreak and didn't play until AoI was released, so, yeah, I missed the majority of what seemed to me the best two events in the game. >.<

Kylie
Jul 21, 2008, 04:12 PM
FB > 1UP > MAG > Winter Event :yes:

Lunasol8888
Jul 21, 2008, 05:35 PM
Oh this is a tough call between 1up and Firebreak, but I'd pick Firebreak over the 1up mainly because of the fact the party size wasn't limited to 4 people which became a problem when my group had more than 4 friends online at a time.

Alura
Jul 21, 2008, 06:18 PM
1up was really great it didnt get boring after a while like mag. winter event or firebreak did.

stukasa
Jul 21, 2008, 06:42 PM
A lot of people like Firebreak, which was good, but not my favorite event. I didn't really like the atmosphere of the missions (they were all dark and hazy, filled with nothing but fire enemies, and you had to use your Photon Eraser and Goggles all the time). Also, I didn't like the fact that you couldn't complete half the missions unless you had 3+ people in your party. Playing in large parties can be fun but sometimes I'd rather play solo or with a friend, which wasn't even an option (if we wanted to finish the run, anyway).

My favorite event by far was 1Up. The EX missions were great, it was like winning a shopping spree at the mall or something. xD Before 1Up I didn't have a single S-rank weapon, but after 1Up I had dozens of them! I remember at the time a lot of people complained that 1Up spoiled us, but for those of us struggling to find rares it was like a breath of fresh air. Plus there was so much variety! There were different missions to choose from and each one tested different skills. On top of that we got a choice of two different EX missions depending on what rares we were hunting. Those were fun times~ <3

Ezodagrom
Jul 21, 2008, 06:50 PM
A lot of people like Firebreak, which was good, but not my favorite event. I didn't really like the atmosphere of the missions (they were all dark and hazy, filled with nothing but fire enemies, and you had to use your Photon Eraser and Goggles all the time). Also, I didn't like the fact that you couldn't complete half the missions unless you had 3+ people in your party. Playing in large parties can be fun but sometimes I'd rather play solo or with a friend, which wasn't even an option (if we wanted to finish the run, anyway).

My favorite event by far was 1Up. The EX missions were great, it was like winning a shopping spree at the mall or something. xD Before 1Up I didn't have a single S-rank weapon, but after 1Up I had dozens of them! I remember at the time a lot of people complained that 1Up spoiled us, but for those of us struggling to find rares it was like a breath of fresh air. Plus there was so much variety! There were different missions to choose from and each one tested different skills. On top of that we got a choice of two different EX missions depending on what rares we were hunting. Those were fun times~ <3

And in the last week there was a 3rd EX mission :>

Alizarin
Jul 21, 2008, 07:27 PM
I was out during the summer of Firebreak so I missed that, and I came back at the final week of 1-UP so I got to try all the missions at once with the urgency of only a week of playtime. EX missions were a lot of fun, even if I only got to try C rank only. This event really got me out of the low-level rut and got me the advanced classes to try out A-rank weapons, so I would say 1UP Cup is my favorite thus far. MAG and Winter follow that in respective order.

Apone
Jul 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
Firebreak was cool becase it had the one enemy that still inspires fear and awe to this day... That insane buffed Jarba at the end of urgent orders! Its megid didn't even NEED an incapacitatate effect to kill you, it was so darn powerfull. And that dambarta it had was wickedly overpowered as well ESPECIALLY since everyone was wearing fire armor.

pikachief
Jul 21, 2008, 10:12 PM
FB > 1UP > MAG > Winter Event :yes:

6 maps with different variants vs. 1 map with no variants except the very last room.

oh and majority of the people only ran C anyways.

so 1 C run with no variants Vs 6 C-S runs with variants D:

i dont understand how a few prizes we have yet to even hear any word of and few good items to get can possibly make up for how much of a shame that was to anything PSO lol

Brind' Amour
Jul 22, 2008, 01:37 AM
I joined during firebreak. Didn't get to participate at all...
I loved 1Up though, havent had that much fun since. That club song still rings in my head...
Good times, for sure.

Seority
Jul 22, 2008, 02:35 AM
I missed all big events exept for MAG, so my say isn't much here unfortunetly ^^;

Celi-Ka
Jul 22, 2008, 02:46 AM
I liked both Firebreak and the 1UP Cup. The others...not-so-much.

Gen2000
Jul 22, 2008, 08:52 AM
1up was the best to me. Only really liked Firebreak for Burning Rangers music, the best Bullet/Tech leveling spot in the game ever, and the "impossible to beat" Moatoob mission which no one did anyways after a few days.

1up was the highlight of PSU to me, I haven't had that much fun since then.

SStrikerR
Jul 22, 2008, 08:54 AM
1up>winter>firebreak>mag

During firebreak I was too low a level to enjoy it much, besides the fact that I was away and missed all but 3 days of it.

shotsfired
Jul 22, 2008, 06:49 PM
i liked winter event...