PDA

View Full Version : Mission Spotlight

HolyOrderSaek
Jul 21, 2008, 09:04 PM
Have people given up on this? I mean, plenty of people were at Raffon Field Base, but there's no one at the Guardians Branch for Egg Thieves and less than 30 people running it right now, but there's 2 full stars.

Please don't tell me everyone's back at the Pavilion again....

ZyphNeko
Jul 21, 2008, 09:08 PM
Yes, they are. And they were before. And they always will be.

Neko~

Magician4
Jul 21, 2008, 09:08 PM
go and look at the pavilion :o there were some ppl doing egg theives earlier when I went there though.

ZyphNeko
Jul 21, 2008, 09:13 PM
I would love to join 'em, but I still lack a character who's Lv 100 or above...and all I ever see are Lv 120-30's doing S rank.
And I've had some bad experiences in Egg Thieves. Although it's fun to have cooperative, strategy missions, I really hate all of those many warps and crap.

I hope for a better spotlight next week. S2 Onmagoug, anyone? Hm? I don't know rare drops or anything, but...hey, it's been ages, and Kego Clearing used to be Ze Place.

Neko~

SStrikerR
Jul 21, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'd love for the next spotlight to be what zyph just said, or maybe...I dunno a hive mission?

Gojiro316
Jul 22, 2008, 12:03 AM
I'm all for not running Sea Be....err...I mean WhiteBeast...I just stick with a small group of friends and run other missions that we want to do...and every once in awhile we'll even recruit people from the Pavilion. But, F the Egg mission..I've hated it since day one...Not even hard, just annoying with the damn warps.

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 12:08 AM
You guys can vote for the next one here. (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=83638)

SuperRygar
Jul 22, 2008, 12:09 AM
Well really, once you do the mission 20 times you realize its not as confusing as you thought it was. The rewards are great. If it wasnt for the spotlight I probably wouldnt have ever done it and got about 200 frags, tons of Job Levels, and a Tyrant board. Also its quick, 12~ mins for 400 MP. What other mission gives MP that fast?

HolyOrderSaek
Jul 22, 2008, 07:43 AM
I like the mission; last time I did it was when it was new, and as a lvl 80, I had to be careful not to die, since it blows the whole mission. Honestly, the lack of using scapes is a problem at that level... It is nice and quick though, but I think havnig both a) a mid-mission joinable area, and b)options really helped kick off the first spotlight.

Kizeragi
Jul 22, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'm hoping for Galenigare Lake because people need to see some tough missions (Desert Goliath) :/ Oh and make my Rattlesnakes worth less.

DarkEliteRico
Jul 22, 2008, 07:59 AM
I'm hoping for Galenigare Lake because people need to see some tough missions (Desert Goliath) :/ Oh and make my Rattlesnakes worth less.
More reports and complaints of slowdown again me thinks seeing as there are a lot of people who play this game and haven't left WB, they might not know some of the maps to avoid.

Still wonders why that issue hasn't been resolved as of yet either..:-?

Gen2000
Jul 22, 2008, 08:43 AM
If more people learn how to use the Standby Area as a member gathering place it would probably be better. Bruce kinda suffered the same thing when it was the "mission spotlight".

What happens is that someone goes to check list, see no open game. Get annoyed at lobby spamming "LFG S", just leave and go to White Beast where a party is usually up and open.

Also it's been kinda proven that mission spotlights needs to have more than 1 mission highlighted, Raffon was sadly still the best simply because you if you got bored of Sleeping Warriors then you could play Plains Overlord on the same list.

Egg Thieves after while becomes even easier than White Beast and while it probably pumps out the most meseta/MP per min gets tired after a while since it's such a short mission.

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
Well at least in Desert Goliath, slowdown's easily avoided. And rattlesnakes are cheap enough imo, I just think the lake would actually make a good spotlight because there's more than one decent mission.

Cracka_J
Jul 22, 2008, 08:55 AM
And I think you're discussing 2 different economies. Snakes on pc/ps2 will catch around 40 mil for a board, 50 mil synthed. Dunno what current going rate is on 360.

Nevertheless, I'd go for the lake as well. DG is one of my favorite missions in the game, even got pretty decent soloing it with around 13 min run times on my FT. It'll be much fun with a good party ^^

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 09:06 AM
Oh, I wasn't sure what server everyone was on. On 360, really broken ones are like 12 mil, boards are 25 and 0/10s are 28-30.

Kizeragi
Jul 22, 2008, 09:11 AM
Oh, I wasn't sure what server everyone was on. On 360, really broken ones are like 12 mil, boards are 25 and 0/10s are 28-30.

It's ok :/ Yeah, If PC/PS2 had more people, our prices would be near same, but no. :( Overpriced stuff FTL

MiniBrian
Jul 22, 2008, 09:18 AM
havent seen anything like that little thing that goes across screen for egg thieves :/ anyone wanna do egg thieves now?

Darius_Drake
Jul 22, 2008, 03:25 PM
Didn't even know. I will try all of tonight to find parties for Egg Thieves.

Noblewine
Jul 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
The only ones that actually run the spotlight missions are high level players. I'm gonna just run it with friends.

ThePendragon
Jul 22, 2008, 08:38 PM
No one runs the spotlights, its a worthless idea.

Tetsaru
Jul 22, 2008, 09:59 PM
No one runs the spotlights, its a worthless idea.

Exactly. The GM's are just trying to futilely breath life into PSU's current vegetative state...

The only way to please the playerbase now is for Sega/Sonic Team to tell us WTF they are or doing (NOT saying, "oh, expect this in a few weeks" *blatant lies and procrastinating*), and give us REGULARLY SCHEDULED updates with NEW content... or make the game free to play. =/

Hell, as long as everything's taking right now, they should just unlock everything on the damn disc at once this Friday. That'll keep everyone busy for a while, at least, and then Sega/Sonic Team can continue to sit on their asses like they've been doing the past two months... >_<X

Rust
Jul 22, 2008, 10:54 PM
I would love to join 'em, but I still lack a character who's Lv 100 or above...and all I ever see are Lv 120-30's doing S rank.
And I've had some bad experiences in Egg Thieves. Although it's fun to have cooperative, strategy missions, I really hate all of those many warps and crap.

I hope for a better spotlight next week. S2 Onmagoug, anyone? Hm? I don't know rare drops or anything, but...hey, it's been ages, and Kego Clearing used to be Ze Place.

Neko~

Well, I just brought Pipiruu to make a run on this as she didn't have any opportunity to run it yet ; well several and all on C, because the two first ones were only to explain the basics and some tips about it. And though I was with lvl 68, it was fun.
I can do the same with you. I don't care about the rank in which it is done, I'm not high enough to do S, way too crappy to duo it on A, and I consider it as being a good payout in terms of MP, even on C. So drop me a mail ingame if you want to give it a shot, the fact it is in Holtes gives me some opportunities to "unrust" Rust, since I'm too lazy to get access to any lobbies for the moment with him.

HolyOrderSaek
Jul 23, 2008, 11:32 AM
Exactly. The GM's are just trying to futilely breath life into PSU's current vegetative state...

The only way to please the playerbase now is for Sega/Sonic Team to tell us WTF they are or doing (NOT saying, "oh, expect this in a few weeks" *blatant lies and procrastinating*), and give us REGULARLY SCHEDULED updates with NEW content... or make the game free to play. =/

Hell, as long as everything's taking right now, they should just unlock everything on the damn disc at once this Friday. That'll keep everyone busy for a while, at least, and then Sega/Sonic Team can continue to sit on their asses like they've been doing the past two months... >_<X

The only time I've ever gotten mad at Sega was for the Error 65 issue and missing out on MAG.

Unlocking more content is not the problem, the problem is player's attitudes.

The mission spotlight is the greatest idea I've seen for this game, the problem isn't the GMs, it's the players, who are too bitter and mad at Sega for god-knows-what to actually change missions.

Sure, I'd like a lot of the JP content unlocked, I'd also like a chance to play MAG again like I should have been able to (and damn well paid for), but it' the fact that I can't find anyone to party with unless I go to White Beast that keeps me from logging in.

Cracka_J
Jul 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
Unlocking more content is not the problem, the problem is player's attitudes.

The mission spotlight is the greatest idea I've seen for this game, the problem isn't the GMs, it's the players, who are too bitter and mad at Sega for god-knows-what to actually change missions.

Oh god, we got another one...

If you don't realize what players are pissed off about at this point, there's really no use in trying to continue to explain it to you. Brick wall syndrome ftl.

No, the problem is not entirely the GM's, but they are a contributing part of the whole picture. And while the mission spotlights are a great addition to the community, it is overshadowed and put in the dark by the damage they've done, and continue to do.

You turning a blind eye to their incompetence will not help the problem, it just encourages it.

HolyOrderSaek
Jul 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
I understand that their behind on updates, the updates break, etc... Stuff happens, it's not the end of the world. Updates aren't what make the game fun, it's an MMO, and unless you're grinding White Beast all the time it's neither M nor M.

Besides, if that's the complaint, it's still not the GMs fault anyways, it's the programmers and programmer-type people who aren't implementing the necessary code. And really, when people's response to not getting things right is to quit, that's what's really convincing them to not try hard.

It's not that I'm turning a blind eye, I just think that threatening to quit and to just complain on a forum that Sega most likely doesn't read isn't productive. I posted my complaint on a forum that players read because I wish the player would be less bitter about any help the GMs are trying to provide.

I talk to people whose children have died as a result of my company's actions all day, I don't see the point of getting all upset over a missed update (or 10, I know, I get it), it hardly seems justifiable.

relentless
Jul 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
Have people given up on this? I mean, plenty of people were at Raffon Field Base, but there's no one at the Guardians Branch for Egg Thieves and less than 30 people running it right now, but there's 2 full stars.

I think there's still people who want their /wristbands, but Egg Thieves sucks, so just need to wait for next Mission Spotlight. :)
I assume Galenigare Lake would be a very good Mission Spotlight.

ThePendragon
Jul 23, 2008, 02:09 PM
The problem is people have no reason not to endlessly grind WB. Diminishing returns is the solution. It needs to be implented. SOON.

Kizeragi
Jul 23, 2008, 03:00 PM
I think there's still people who want their /wristbands, but Egg Thieves sucks, so just need to wait for next Mission Spotlight. :)
I assume Galenigare Lake would be a very good Mission Spotlight.

It only sucks cause we spammed it crazily xD
Galenigare will be an epic spotlight, because it's not a single mission. (Not that more than 1 mission is good.) :/

Cracka_J
Jul 23, 2008, 03:18 PM
It's not that I'm turning a blind eye, I just think that threatening to quit and to just complain on a forum that Sega most likely doesn't read isn't productive. I posted my complaint on a forum that players read because I wish the player would be less bitter about any help the GMs are trying to provide.

Oh, I agree. Threatening a company that your quitting is pretty pointless anyway. You've already made up your decision on what your going to do, so why would the company decide to take notice and implement changes over someone that doesn't play anyway. Wasted effort.

I talk to people whose children have died as a result of my company's actions all day, I don't see the point of getting all upset over a missed update (or 10, I know, I get it), it hardly seems justifiable.

Well I don't think comparing real life / death situations to PSU have ever been viable. It's a game, and a service. When the service goes unattended, mistreated or inaccessible I do believe people have a right to complain about it. You may not like it, but anyone paying to play PSU has a right to voice their opinions on the state of the game. Sure, it's not on the levels of a malpractice lawsuit, but that doesn't mean people need to silence their opinions just because it's a video game and not a life/death situation.

ErtaiClou
Jul 24, 2008, 08:56 AM
I think having Egg Thieves be the mission spotlight right after Bruce was probably too taxing for a lot of people. Even if most people can run the mission easy enough, forming a party and then having to worry about the no death-d/c policy for another week isn't very appealing for a group social. I just run the mission with two people when I can get away with it. Guardians missions are great missions best taken in small doses, it really should have been spaced out. Her Secret Mission as next spotlight would probably be the last nail in the coffin for this event.

DarkEliteRico
Jul 24, 2008, 10:31 AM
I understand that their behind on updates, the updates break, etc... Stuff happens, it's not the end of the world. Updates aren't what make the game fun, it's an MMO, and unless you're grinding White Beast all the time it's neither M nor M.

Besides, if that's the complaint, it's still not the GMs fault anyways, it's the programmers and programmer-type people who aren't implementing the necessary code. And really, when people's response to not getting things right is to quit, that's what's really convincing them to not try hard.

The help that they provide, I managed to catch up with Sage and Melichor yesterday and posed a few questions to them (in a non-threatening way) and after two questions Melichor up and left saying nothing leaving everything into Sages hands. It's lovely when I get to see them put things onto someone else and not give two flying fucks about what's going on.

Nor did i see the point of trying to have them in a group, the characters they were on weren't able to do anything other then B rank missions while most people were running there for nanopolymer on S.

I've given them 2 more weeks of this current behavior before i stop paying for this, oh i'll be back, just not any time soon. Not until they can provide a service worth paying for again.

Kylie
Jul 24, 2008, 11:23 AM
No, no one's at WB either (well, nearly no one); everyone's off leveling this or that.

Or they just aren't playing.

But are you really surprised that the "Mission Spotlight" is such a failure? I'm not. I said so weeks ago that it'd be popular for like one week and then die down. Why? Because they suck at picking missions, and no one really cares about what a GM says anymore. :lol:

DarkEliteRico
Jul 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
No, no one's at WB either (well, nearly no one); everyone's off leveling this or that.

Or they just aren't playing.

But are you really surprised that the "Mission Spotlight" is such a failure? I'm not. I said so weeks ago that it'd be popular for like one week and then die down. Why? Because they suck at picking missions, and no one really cares about what a GM says anymore. :lol:

oh i believe it, i'm only on for a few hours during the morning leveling PA's in story missions and doing a few odd runs with a few people at night. Hopefully soon i'll have something to live for again