PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime for 3 hours tomorrow.

Yunfa
Jul 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
Source: http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=193

Altho I am unable to read Japanese, I can sure copy and paste the text into an online translator heh heh...

It is cut off from the game server by the environment of utilization, or there is a possibility of becoming not be able to connect.

In this case, it is embarrassed, but after putting in place, for the second time connection, to try it receives, the fish we ask.
Furthermore, because job period there are times when it inverts, please acknowledge beforehand.

We apologize the fact that it does to apply annoyance very much to everyone.

- Guess they're fixing the missing universes.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 12:13 PM
uummm i think thats just the maintence update msg....

i think its just telling us we're getting maintenance isnt it?

i mean y would it say its for the 23rd? we dont get updates on the 23rd! lol

Mag_Launcher
Jul 22, 2008, 12:16 PM
Good lord, just who really is pulling the strings of this disaster, anyway? Obviously not anyone we have any contact with it seems.
Edit: wait, nm, date corresponds with that emergency maintenance thing for 360. Still, I wait for further disappointment afterwards.

RedMussel
Jul 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
I noes! They will give us an update when people start doing other missions, so that means no updates ever!

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
In this case, it is embarrassed, but after putting in place, for the second time connection, to try it receives, the fish we ask.
Furthermore, because job period there are times when it inverts, please acknowledge beforehand.

lolwut? They're holding our updates captive until we give them fish?:-P

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 12:21 PM
lolwut? They're holding our updates captive until we give them fish?:-P

no they are asking fish when we should get our update. so they are currently interrogating the fish on the release date for updates.

so far they've said nothing D:

Darius_Drake
Jul 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
Our schedule and the japanese schedule don't really coincide anyway. The updates that they could possibly give us this week would have already been on the japanese servers for about 4 months already. We are already two special events behind them as it is (Mag rewards, Carnival Missions). I don't fully believe that they will have something this week, but I hope that we get something by this Friday.

McLaughlin
Jul 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
That's for emergency maintenance tomorrow, and applies to the 360 servers only.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
Our schedule and the japanese schedule don't really coincide anyway. The updates that they could possibly give us this week would have already been on the japanese servers for about 4 months already. We are already two special events behind them as it is (Mag rewards, Carnival Missions). I don't fully believe that they will have something this week, but I hope that we get something by this Friday.

if its Japanese 360 it has to do with us because US and JP 360 servers are all in teh same

Darius_Drake
Jul 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
Emergency maintenance?!? Does that mean they are going to try to fix Universe 13 and 14?

Ail
Jul 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
lol OP.. i dont understand japanese but the only date i see is 7/23 not 25 >_>

Cracka_J
Jul 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
That's for emergency maintenance tomorrow, and applies to the 360 servers only.

That still doesn't answer why they are getting their info from fish.

Yunfa
Jul 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
oh 7/23! didnt see that! Well, we still have then don't we?

McLaughlin
Emergency maintenance?!? Does that mean they are going to try to fix Universe 13 and 14?

That appears to be what it's for, yes.

Yeah, I don't understand the fish bit either. Must be a mistranslation.

Golto
Wait till Thrusday, if no offical notice of update then another F U to us.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 12:39 PM
wait it says the time? D: does it also say what time it starts?

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2008, 02:41 PM
All I can understand from this is...FISH.

Cracka_J
Jul 22, 2008, 03:16 PM
All I can understand from this is...FISH.

your lucky.

I didn't even understand that much.

JAFO22000
Jul 22, 2008, 03:27 PM
So, let me get this straight....

The 360 servers were down during the move from the old SOA office to the new SOA office. From this information, one can reasonably deduce that the 360 servers are controlled by SOA. If they have to go down for maintenance.......WHY DOES THE JP SITE POST THIS INFORMATION FIRST??? I just checked and have seen nothing about this on the NA/EU site...

Aries2384
Jul 22, 2008, 03:31 PM

The 360 servers were down during the move from the old SOA office to the new SOA office. From this information, one can reasonably deduce that the 360 servers are controlled by SOA. If they have to go down for maintenance.......WHY DOES THE JP SITE POST THIS INFORMATION FIRST??? I just checked and have seen nothing about this on the NA/EU site...

Because SoJ is professional in the "gamer world".. something unheard of in NA/EU. In NA/EU, people STILL are having a hard time taking videgames (and all things related to them), seriously. Where-as in Japan.. games, anime, manga.. etcetc are "professional" and actually looked up to. This being said.... Japan deems it worthwhile to tell its resident Japanese players. SoA is almost constantly behind or way the hell off course in informing its english speaking denizens. Thats all it is.
Added thought: The japan site that the information was posted on..I'm pretty sure that site either A.) pertains to the Japanese players who play on the NA/EU servers or B.) Is a section for the japanese NA/EU players. Its not like they are posting on the Japanese servers saying.. "Haha look at the stupid american players! They still dont have their stuff yet!"

JAFO22000
Jul 22, 2008, 03:48 PM
Because SoJ is professional in the "gamer world".. something unheard of in NA/EU. In NA/EU, people STILL are having a hard time taking videgames (and all things related to them), seriously. Where-as in Japan.. games, anime, manga.. etcetc are "professional" and actually looked up to. This being said.... Japan deems it worthwhile to tell its resident Japanese players. SoA is almost constantly behind or way the hell off course in informing its english speaking denizens. Thats all it is.
Added thought: The japan site that the information was posted on..I'm pretty sure that site either A.) pertains to the Japanese players who play on the NA/EU servers or B.) Is a section for the japanese NA/EU players. Its not like they are posting on the Japanese servers saying.. "Haha look at the stupid american players! They still dont have their stuff yet!"

I really don't think the incompetence of the NA/EU GMs is due to the fact that the Japanese culture thinks differently about video games than the US culture does. There are plenty of US owned companies who take a very professional approach to their video game entities and offer support, updates and communication in a timely manner.

Billy Mitchell
Jul 22, 2008, 04:25 PM

The 360 servers were down during the move from the old SOA office to the new SOA office. From this information, one can reasonably deduce that the 360 servers are controlled by SOA. If they have to go down for maintenance.......WHY DOES THE JP SITE POST THIS INFORMATION FIRST??? I just checked and have seen nothing about this on the NA/EU site...It is top secret information that the people who are in charge of non-JP PSU information, i.e. not the JP360 or the super-servers of JP PC/PS2, are completely incompetent.

DO NOT LET WORD GET OUT.

APEXi
Jul 22, 2008, 06:20 PM
inb4 cries for compensation

NexGen
Jul 22, 2008, 11:03 PM
I don't speak Japanese, but I have used some logic to ASSUME that this states what Chill stated in the official forums. Chill stated that their ISP is performing maintenance tonight and it may affect the connections for some people. Besides the fish, I gather that this is simply a notice to JP360 players, letting them know that some connection issues may arise and that they are sorry, but simply try to connect again as this ISP maintenance is short.

If someone knows different, please correct this. Further, if someone has the link to the official forums with Chill's statement, that may help others make sense of the translation.

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 11:45 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=972508&highlight=#972508

goldbrease
Jul 24, 2008, 11:59 PM
Good lord, just who really is pulling the strings of this disaster, anyway? Obviously not anyone we have any contact with it seems.
Edit: wait, nm, date corresponds with that emergency maintenance thing for 360. Still, I wait for further disappointment afterwards.

your sound like them fixing the down unis is going to knock out most the other unis.