PDA

View Full Version : From PC/PS2 to 360

Rayshin
Jul 22, 2008, 12:41 PM
Ok I have been playing on the PC/PS2 servers for about a year now, and lately I have been thinking about going over to the 360 servers. I hear the graphics are better, the population is better and so on and so forth. So I just wanted to get some opinions from some of the players who have played on both servers before I made my decision you know to see if the switch is really worth it.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 12:45 PM
the month i played on PC/PS2 either u guys have a bad community or i just ran into some really rude people LOL

oh and if u play PC the graphics are better on that not 360. 360's the same as PS2's

ashley50
Jul 22, 2008, 12:46 PM
Graphics are better?! How? PC is known to be THE perfect gaming machine if built correctly with the correct parts...I think.

yes...they do have a higher population.

BUT...its still affected by the Update delays so, still no escape from it :)

also...Mics.

Rayshin
Jul 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
lol yea there are tons of rude people, people that will boot you out of a run at the last minute so they can get all the rewards. There are a few nice people though. Im on the PS2 unfortunately, didnt know the PC had the best graphics though. Kinda weird, I would expect more people to be on the PC/PS2 servers if the graphics are better

Cracka_J
Jul 22, 2008, 12:51 PM
Interesting Pika, I thought the 360's gfx were supposed to be on par with the PC version. If you're saying 360 doesn't support 0 frameskip, that basically kills the idea of ever switching platforms for me. 0 Frameskip PSU on PC is where that eye candy is at.

ashley50
Jul 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
go japan servers.

This was the best option however

Kizeragi
Jul 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
No console could ever beat PC on graphics. Ever

On topic: Everything chao said is true. :/

RubyEclipse
Jul 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
Interesting Pika, I thought the 360's gfx were supposed to be on par with the PC version. If you're saying 360 doesn't support 0 frameskip, that basically kills the idea of ever switching platforms for me. 0 Frameskip PSU on PC is where that eye candy is at.
360 runs at 0 frameskip, but this does result in a bit of graphical slowdown if techs get intense or in very crowded lobbies. Overall it's not too bad and goes back up to 60 FPS shortly after.

Unarguably, the PC version has the potential to run the game best. That said, I think that of all those who do play on PC, only a small handful are actually able to run the game at highest settings while having it perform well. Still, the ability to customize the graphics and tweak things is nice, meaning that even if your PC is only mediocre at best, you can probably still get it to run a bit smoother than the PS2 counterpart.

pikachief

well it might be on par with PC, except u guys get SHADOWS!!!

thats really all i meant by PC being better LOL

Rayshin
So graphic wise the PC is superior, 360 & PS2 are the same, but population wise the 360 has it. And I know the japanese servers would probably be the best to switch to but I kinda wanted to be around for all the events that have already passed over there, isnt the Degenki Cup already over ? oh and what event are they on now, anyone know ?

Para
Jul 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
Put it this way... if you're willing to move servers... go to the JP ones.

Yunfa
Jul 22, 2008, 01:18 PM
No console could ever beat PC on graphics. Ever

On topic: Everything chao said is true. :/

If you not own all three 3rd generation consoles, then you lack personal experience to say such a statemnt so lightly. I've played computer games for a long time, but I also enjoy certain games from all 3 of the 3rd generation consoles which I own. And frankly, I have to disagree, I recently forked over $80 for the HDTV Cable for my Playstation 3. On my 72inch Sony w/ BOSE Surround. (Metal Gear Solid 4) I have to say it's the best gaming experience I have enjoyed in my long past decade of gaming.

Back to topic, OP if you already own a 360, you might as well move. I used to play on the PS2 servers when the game first came out, I still remember we had 3 full servers when the game launched. Unfortunetly after the meseta incident the population dropped dramtically. The people on my card all disapeared, and if you didn't have any close friends to party w/ you have to constantly deal with jerks in open parties. I moved servers when the lvl cap was 70.

To be honest I have way more fun on the 360 side. Other than the fact that you get a little high pitched kid in open parties once in a while, the ability to use the mic saves time in parties instead of typing where-as you're able to help out more. It's also very easy to make friends, just don't be too trusting or else you might get backstabbed. EI- let others "borrow" your equips

Side Info: Usually at night there are at least 2 Univ. full, so if you're looking for open parties you will most likely be able to jump right in. Also, we share servers with the JP 360 players, they usually hang out in Univ 16, but they're starting to disapear. (Now they hang around the crowded servers as well, maybe alot of them migrated to the PC version. Very ironic, but I can't dispute the fact that the JP PC has what, 5-6 months of content that we don't have?)

Hope my post helps. :)

Cracka_J
Jul 22, 2008, 01:34 PM
360 runs at 0 frameskip, but this does result in a bit of graphical slowdown if techs get intense or in very crowded lobbies. Overall it's not too bad and goes back up to 60 FPS shortly after.

Aight, that's what I thought.

Also the other problem that presents itself when you consider switching to 360 is having to purchase 2 copies of PSU. You have to purchase the original PSU disc (which you may be able to find used or on discount), and also DL the AOI content for around $20 bucks on marketplace. So before you can even get your guardians license, you're dropping around $50 bucks out of your pocket.

I weighed my options a week back (since I've had my 360elite since december) and just decided it was more worthwhile for me to just spend my $50 on a 6 month sub for PC/PS2 since I've played that since launch. Games I will be switching to are out early next year, so I figure a 6 monther will likely cover, and put an end to my PSU addiction.

SStrikerR
Jul 22, 2008, 01:36 PM
Whoever has said the ps2/pc side had a bad community and a bunch of jackasses: YOU PLAY WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE. Most of the people are very nice and helpful. You guys must be finding all the 10 years olds and crap who need to get a bit more mature before they play games with others.

RubyEclipse
Jul 22, 2008, 01:51 PM
One other thing to mention, this will probably only matter if you're a PSO Vet -

Having (and actively) playing both versions there is admittedly something about the 360 side that I enjoy. It's not so much the community (both communities have cool people and complete morons), or even the economy or population.

This may sound odd, but it's actually just the feel of playing PSU on a console: holding the controller in hand, running around and pushing buttons to attack monsters. You can also mostly simulate this with a USB controller for PC, but personally I just found something a bit nostalgic about playing it on console, and I generally prefer it the most that way. Guess it just brings back the old PSO memories or something. :)

Also to clarify, the 360 version is far superior to the PS2 version in my opinion.

Mewnie
Jul 22, 2008, 01:51 PM
People new to PC/PS2 make the mistake of going to Uni 2.

The nice, helpful people long ago fled that wretched place ;3

AlphaDragoon
Jul 22, 2008, 01:55 PM
People new to PC/PS2 make the mistake of going to Uni 2.

The nice, helpful people long ago fled that wretched place ;3

...And instead choose to play by themselves or with only people they know in locked games and are helpful to exactly nobody.

Gen2000
Jul 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
Heh, so true.

Tubby
Jul 22, 2008, 02:03 PM
Well I'm still there helping people out if they need it. And yes, uni2 as well. :D

Mewnie
Jul 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
...And instead choose to play by themselves or with only people they know in locked games and are helpful to exactly nobody.

I don't lock my games; Unless I'm looking for a very, very specific rare that I really, really want.

Which happens, like, once in a blue moon