PDA

View Full Version : Fix my computer peeze!!!

Larian
Jul 22, 2008, 05:48 PM
Please...Now there is only one interweb computer between 4.whoever decides to come over people in this house and it doesn't work so well!! =/

Randomness
Jul 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
Whats wrong with the other(s)?

Larian
Jul 22, 2008, 06:41 PM
Well...Mine thinks that the possessor is being overclocked and won't start up, but clearly it isn't and i was going to reseed it, but I can't get the fan off...and the laptop's network card is not being recognized! =(

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2008, 07:15 PM
BOOT TO THE HEAD!

Tact
Jul 22, 2008, 07:17 PM
Well...Mine thinks that the possessor is being overclocked and won't start up, but clearly it isn't and i was going to reseed it, but I can't get the fan off...and the laptop's network card is not being recognized! =(

I think that's your problem. You have some ghosts and gremlins in your computer.

Retniwreven
Jul 22, 2008, 07:18 PM
You need an old priest and a young priest.
And then send someone you don't like to the local computer shop and tell them to buy some ID-10T Cable.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2008, 07:20 PM
You need an old priest and a young priest.
Oy, we don't like jokes like that here.

[spoiler-box]:wacko:[/spoiler-box]

Larian
Jul 22, 2008, 07:32 PM
Oh lol...but typos make me human!! =D

Now where to find those priests...

Tact
Jul 22, 2008, 07:40 PM
And then send someone you don't like to the local computer shop and tell them to buy some ID-10T Cable.

Hehe, that reminded me of the Death Star Tech Support video. :wacko:

Retniwreven
Jul 22, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hehe, that reminded me of the Death Star Tech Support video. :wacko:

It's funny but when I worked at Dell, someone actually told a customer to do that.
They also said to pick up some modem oil and a stick of ROM.

TalHex
Jul 22, 2008, 11:05 PM
its a simple fix, all you need is a black robed mage, and a pure priest... oh wait that's how you open the door to the abyss :wacko:

Retniwreven
Jul 22, 2008, 11:53 PM
I thought you just needed the location of the door, a key of twisted, blackened organic metal, a towel, and three unripe peaches.

Adriano
Jul 23, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hmmmmm...Adriano Approves of your computer Larian.

TalHex
Jul 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
I thought you just needed the location of the door, a key of twisted, blackened organic metal, a towel, and three unripe peaches.

hmm i'm going by the DragonLance instructions... anyways what the hell is an organic metal? does it grow on trees?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2008, 12:18 AM
Is copper metal or jus a mineral?

TalHex
Jul 23, 2008, 12:19 AM
copper is a metal

Retniwreven
Jul 23, 2008, 10:05 AM
hmm i'm going by the DragonLance instructions... anyways what the hell is an organic metal? does it grow on trees?

A spooky, unnatural, living kind of fleshy metal.
Basically something normally impossible.

CelestialBlade
Jul 23, 2008, 10:35 AM
You need to change the oil in your computer and rotate the tires. Then flush out the headlight fluid, very necessary.

Retniwreven
Jul 23, 2008, 03:36 PM
Don't forget to pick up a Flux Capacitor.

Adriano
Jul 23, 2008, 03:37 PM
And an EKG.

pikachief
Jul 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
i read the topic as "Fix my computer! It Peeze!!!"

Larian
Jul 24, 2008, 02:15 AM
And an EKG.

I had one of those before...I don't see how I would be able to take it with me though?

Adriano
Jul 24, 2008, 02:20 AM
I had one of those before...I don't see how I would be able to take it with me though?

You'll figure it out! >: |

Indica
Jul 24, 2008, 04:23 AM

Does the PC actually post and you can get into the BIOS? What makes you think the CPU is overclocked unless you purposely did that. If you can get into the BIOS change everything to defaults. Maybe clear the CMOS jumper on the motherboard.

You can remove the Memory Sticks from the PC and power on the PC, it should give you beep codes. If the PC does not give any beep codes with no Memory then the CPU or Motherboard is dead.

There is no need to be removing any fans off the CPU unless you have thermal compound to re-apply when putting the fan back on.

Is the Notebook Network Internal or External? Does Device Manager have a Yellow ? for unknown device, disabled or showing no drivers installed?

Larian
Jul 24, 2008, 08:52 AM
Woah...Real questions...

No, with the desktop will not let you get into the BIOS. At the start of the power cycle if the speakers are on it will actually say, "CPU failed to to overclocking". And then from there nothing. I've also already checked all the jumpers and reseeded the memory as well. The processor was my last thought about the matter.

As for the laptop, It is an internal one, and as far as device manager goes, it shows that everything is up and running fine. But that computer isn't really mine so I'm not really going to mess with it. My roommate was just going to send it in for repairs sometime soon but he is away at the current moment.

Thanks for the suggestions. =D