PDA

View Full Version : FKL Game Show- Brains Or Burial (Sign-Up and Rules)

Tact
Jul 22, 2008, 08:54 PM
This time around, TOH and I have a collaborative effort to make the next forum game. He suggested that I post the rules and sign-up now so that we have some time to make the finishing touches.

The Overview:
In this forum game, players will be contestants on FKL's popular new game show, Brains Or Burial. In order to win the grand prize, players must make their way through a series of puzzle rooms and get to the prize room at the end. Why is it called Brains Or Burial? If you answer these puzzles incorrectly, you get punished! *evil cackle*

The Win:
Um...I've already detailed this. :wacko:

The Quote:

Health: Everyone has 10 HP, maximum. Injuries, of course, will lower your HP. If you reach zero HP exactly, you are disabled (sort of like in DnD). A disabled player can still move around at a normal pace and search for food/weaponry. However, they cannot fight or attempt any extraordinary movements. If you drop below 0 HP, you are dead. Players naturally recover 1 HP per round, more if they find and use a healing potion.

Actions:
Blah blah blah, three actions per round. The results will be posted, but you will PM your actions. TOH's roleplaying rule seems to work well enough, so we're using that.

There will be eight slots for this forum game. Game shows don't normally accept late entries, so expect the studio bouncers to give you a rough time if you want to come in late.

Sign-Up List:
1. PikaChief
2. Astuarlen
3. Randomness
4. Talon
5. Mix
6. PhotonDrop

Out_Kast
Jul 22, 2008, 08:55 PM
Signs up, hasn't read the rules.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2008, 08:58 PM
Signs up, hasn't read the rules.

FOCL.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 08:59 PM
*signs contract*

Out_Kast
Jul 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
Infact no, take me out. I'll sit back and watch this one instead.

Tact
Jul 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
Pika, you're actually in from the start for once. :wacko:

Edit: OutKast, you're off of the list now. If you change your mind, do it quickly before the spots are filled.

astuarlen
Jul 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
Reporting for duty. Here's my birth certificate, blood sample, and treasured family heirloom.

Out_Kast
Jul 22, 2008, 09:04 PM
My mind's set, but thanks for the offer :wacko:

pikachief
Pika, you're actually in from the start for once. :wacko:

Edit: OutKast, you're off of the list now. If you change your mind, do it quickly before the spots are filled.

i know i really liked the sound of this one i was making sure i'd get in it :P

SpikeOtacon
I'm not feeling this one, guys.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2008, 09:06 PM
Actually, I agree with Spike and Outkast.

1)Don't really get it.
2)Don't want to die again.
3)See number 2.
4)See number 3...etc.

Please take me off list.

Tact
Jul 22, 2008, 09:07 PM
You don't really get it? You just have to think and figure out some puzzles.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2008, 09:08 PM
I don't come to FKL to think, though. plus, needs more action and Zombie Nitro.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 09:08 PM
wait tehn y do we get 3 choices? D:

Tact
Jul 22, 2008, 09:09 PM
I don't come to FKL to think, though. plus, needs more action and Zombie Nitro.

It will have action. Most of these puzzle rooms will be trapped in one way or another. If you guys weren't going to be in danger, would I have reposted the health rules?

Randomness
Jul 22, 2008, 09:13 PM
*signs up*

I plan on continuing my perfect attendance :wacko:

TalHex
Jul 22, 2008, 10:21 PM
i'm undecided on this, so i'll sign up anyways and see how it goes

Mixfortune
Jul 22, 2008, 10:32 PM
My working hours may be unusual for updating myself on this game, and I'm not so familiar with the standard deadlines you use for these kinds of games, but I should be around "enough" if it's sort of like a per day basis.

Eh, stick me in there.

TheOneHero
Jul 22, 2008, 11:08 PM
It'll be pretty fun guys, hehe.

Also, I don't think late entries will work for this one, unless Tact and I can figure something out.

PhotonDrop
Jul 22, 2008, 11:54 PM
Count me in.

Tact
Jul 23, 2008, 02:03 PM
I was afraid that there wouldn't be enough sign-ups for this game. All of you who asked are going on the list.

Mix, it is a daily game. The deadline for actions is at the same time each day, but you can post actions anytime.

TheOneHero
Jul 23, 2008, 02:09 PM
I think two more people should hurry and sign up. :wacko:

TheOneHero
Aug 13, 2008, 12:47 AM
Bumped because this game starts pretty soon.

Leviathan
Aug 13, 2008, 01:03 AM
Fairy Leviathan wants to play.

Tact
Aug 13, 2008, 07:46 AM
Bumped because this game starts pretty soon.

Wait, whoa, I thought I told you that I was going to give forum games a break...

I meant that we shouldn't have forum games for a while, not that I was going to bow out of this one. :disapprove:

Meyfei
Aug 13, 2008, 10:10 AM
-signs- may i request a replacement for in case i am M.I.A.?

TheOneHero
Aug 13, 2008, 12:51 PM
Oh my bad, I thought you meant after this game, Tact. >_<

Tact
Aug 13, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I meant this one. I don't really want it to happen because people haven't been having as much fun with the forum games as of late.