PDA

View Full Version : AotI MAG 2 Finaly Confirmed !

Danny_Dark
Jul 24, 2008, 04:29 PM
From Sonic Team:

Team finally agreed to release update on Aug. 1 with item delivery .
This MAG extension will continue 3 weeks because Aug. 15 is our holiday (SOJ office closes).

So MAG extension will end on Aug. 22.

Item delivery should include MAG rewards and Sonic birthday statues,
we are still getting the final details.

-Chill

chicken105
Jul 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
wait, Aug 1 is item delivery. So we will have rewards during mag and afterwards... confused =/

Chuck_Norris
Jul 24, 2008, 04:32 PM
Basicly, we'll get the MAG rewards we already earned on the 1st, and any that we earn after will be given at a later date.

Darius_Drake
Jul 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
Sounds good. I can now go for a Sange and hopefully earn two more Pushan's while I am at it.

relentless
Jul 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
Good news!
I hope just like in a dating sim, ST finally managed to trigger a turn of events for both of their and their players enjoyment? Maybe.

Danny_Dark
Jul 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
Good news!
I hope just like in a dating sim, ST finally managed to trigger a turn of events for both of their and their players enjoyment? Maybe.

Yeah, it seems that the Game can be Saved...

Fhin
Jul 24, 2008, 04:38 PM
We'll see what happens. ^^;

Kizeragi
Jul 24, 2008, 04:39 PM
Another 3 weeks of MAG torture n_n...
Least I can get 2 Spread Needles and a couple more Pushans to grind :/

relentless
Jul 24, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hoffnung ist wichtiger als Fantasie!

That they CONFIRMED it makes things muuuch better. ^_^

chaoskila
Jul 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
nice.
too bad i wont be here on the 1st cuz im going to the Connecticut anime convention =p

RobTrance
Jul 24, 2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, individual kill counts going to be reset right? so some people have a chance of hittin up with 2 Spread Needles.. Sounds Fun. I'll defo be going for that & Time trial.. soo anyone else going for it hit me up :)

Danny_Dark
Jul 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
"Fantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen,
den Wissen ist begrenzt..."

-Albert Einstein

...Time to Cap the other 3 Charas...

Syl
Jul 24, 2008, 04:51 PM
Leaderboard wasn't mentioned so it's best to assume it's not coming back for round 2 ;l

If it does, SURPRISELOL etc.

relentless
Jul 24, 2008, 04:51 PM
From Sonic Team:

we are still getting the final details.

-Chill

MOAR please. : D

Yeah, individual kill counts going to be reset right?

And that means more Bouqet!

Wiz
Jul 24, 2008, 04:53 PM
Ugh, right when I'm going on vacation, huh? At least I don't need any more EXP...D:

Mag_Launcher
Jul 24, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hell yeah, looks like I'll be able to earn my needle after all... after everyone else parades their first round ones in my face, but the ol' baret can last me a lil' while longer.

Powder Keg
Jul 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
Shit, better hunt catilium...!!

*record rip*

Shit, better get my hopes up and have it not happen!!!

:D

Mikura
Jul 24, 2008, 05:08 PM
Nice. I'm really glad they're going to give us our rewards on the 1st rather than delay them until after the extension. But I'm confused...does this mean we're getting double rewards now? Rewards at the beginning and again at the end? If so, that seems kinda weird.

Leah
Jul 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
confirmed or "confirmed"? :wacko:

Golto
Jul 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
I'm curious to know if this is fake info or not.

Svaltus
Jul 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
Silver Medal no satisfy me! I will fight this time for Gold medal!

Billy Mitchell
Jul 24, 2008, 05:19 PM
In other news, no new content until late august.

Cranberry
Jul 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
Did you even read the post? They said the update is August 1st.

In other news, no new content until late august.

chicken105
Jul 24, 2008, 05:29 PM
Did you even read the post? They said the update is August 1st.

new. MAG isn't new.

Billy Mitchell
Jul 24, 2008, 05:30 PM
Did you even read the post? They said the update is August 1st.MAG is not new content. It is a lazy 3 week long, two months late, re-release of an old event.

I apologize that you were unable to discern that I was talking about permanent content, such as new missions, new S2s, etc.

So next time you freak out, take a deep breath and then wait until you black out.

stukasa
Jul 24, 2008, 05:30 PM
I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this. xD If they can bring us MAG/rewards on August 1st I don't mind not getting an update this week. :D I'm not just happy because I want MAG, I'm happy because I hope it will bring back a lot of the players who left during the long period of nothingness. ;p

fay
Jul 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
bout time. now i can finally get my other characters to a decent level now

nice to see us getting an extra week aswell.
to the people saying another mag torture type of thing. no one forces you to play it. actualy ill happily play you a few rounds of other levels myself. mag gets boring very fast and there isnt even one drop i want from it

Powder Keg
If we do get this extension on the 1st, we'll see how many people "didn't want the extension and just wanted updates" when the stars fill up again and everyone is on the 5th floor.

str898mustang
New Content >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MAG

Turb0
Jul 24, 2008, 05:39 PM
The only problem with this is it doesn't look like the 2 weeks of 3* luck will coincide with the grinding bonus. W/e, I just want my spread needle already. :D And for those who don't think this is real:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=976360&highlight=#976360
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=976380&highlight=#976380

Kizeragi
Jul 24, 2008, 05:41 PM

Agree with you. 200%.
At least I'll get my deserved Spread Needle + Silver Medal now.

SuperRygar
Jul 24, 2008, 06:19 PM

Something>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nothing

Chuck_Norris
Jul 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
Something>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nothing

Finally someone makes sense!

Kamiense
Jul 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, it's finally happening? That was quite a wait.

MaximusLight
Jul 24, 2008, 06:34 PM
*heart attack*

Cranberry
Jul 24, 2008, 06:35 PM
If you think that comment was me freaking out and that I should hold my breath and make myself fall unconcious over it, you have indeed lived a very sheltered life and never actually seen someone really freak out.

MAG is not new content. It is a lazy 3 week long, two months late, re-release of an old event.

I apologize that you were unable to discern that I was talking about permanent content, such as new missions, new S2s, etc.

So next time you freak out, take a deep breath and then wait until you black out.

Gunslinger-08
Jul 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
I'll be a week late. at least I'll get one full week, I hope, maybe.

...I really hope my laptop doesn't take that long to get fixed...

Jainsea
Jul 24, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'll believe it when I see it...

darkfalz16
Jul 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
um chill also said that we would get seasonla content and lvl cap increase along with MAG2

mvffin
Jul 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
NOOOO 3 more weeks of spamming C runs = (

Crimson_HUmar
Jul 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
And Thus the Mighty Ash PWNS again! This is great, Mag was great! remember that after MAG, the PSO levels will become those annoying to find Illusion levels. To us PSO fans, this is a blessing, and this time we get to create our reserved weapons and have fun with them in MAG!!

Tyreek
Jul 24, 2008, 06:54 PM
About damn time. Well, I guess its time to gear up again and call my friends to do some weapon hunting again.

Eyce_Theon
Jul 24, 2008, 06:57 PM
MAG2 will be 3 weeks now?...ugh. I wasn't an 065d player, but the original MAG was right in the middle of finals week for me at college, I didn't have the opportunity to try for a Spread Needle. I was hoping I could use my summer to try for it again with the extention, but adding another week means it will cut into my RETURN to college, and first week of classes. There goes my second chance :s

(but yes, at least we're getting something.)

Yep. My summer will be gone before MAG is.

Aries2384
Jul 24, 2008, 06:57 PM
And Thus the Mighty Ash PWNS again! This is great, Mag was great! remember that after MAG, the PSO levels will become those annoying to find Illusion levels. To us PSO fans, this is a blessing, and this time we get to create our reserved weapons and have fun with them in MAG!!

Uh I am a PSO veteran and the wonder of PSO missions ended after the first week of constant runs. Alas.. I will still run competitively in the re-enactment of pain..er.. I mean.. MAG2.

Miyoko
Jul 24, 2008, 07:00 PM
Three weeks?!

God... Fucking... Damnit. >__>

Why couldn't we have three extra weeks of firebreak or something? Anything but this! Arhg

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
NOOOO 3 more weeks of spamming C runs = (
No way never doing another mag c again got my needle, just gonna use mag to get the job types done for the master classes.

Para
inb4bawingoflackofothercontent

Its good they can finally confirm it but sheesh... 7 weeks.

Anduril
Well, this is a pleasant surprise. I might actually be able to get another character up into the 100s easily and I won't have the see EXP FULL on my main for a while.

Proff
Jul 24, 2008, 07:06 PM
Mag 2?!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/proff/explode.gif

Raven5_1
Jul 24, 2008, 07:10 PM
well i know what i'll be doing for august.

bLOODSAW
Jul 24, 2008, 07:19 PM

This.

Telina
Jul 24, 2008, 07:27 PM
now, assuming that we DO get this MAG2, you think we'll have to unlock the mines/ruins/DF again? I bet they release them weekly, first week we'll start with the mines, runes comes second week and DF unlocked on the last week.

Turb0
Jul 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
No we should get them all right away because the overall kill count is carrying over from the first time.

Apone
Jul 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
Its cool... Not ALL I hoped for but the way the rewards are handled isn't bad at all.
Has a level cap increase been confirmed?

Telina
Jul 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
No we should get them all right away because the overall kill count is carrying over from the first time.

you know what happens when you use the word should around ST now.......

Ken_Silver
Jul 24, 2008, 07:42 PM
I have hope. If this goes without a hitch, I'll restore my faith in Sonic Team.

*Points to Signature*

"Don't ask what the GUARDIANS can do for you, but ask what can you can do for the GUARDIANS! And the answer to that... is to run MAG and get the Sange!!!"

Loso
Jul 24, 2008, 08:03 PM
Wasnt here for last mag.. as I took a break/quit for some personal reasons.. and during the extension I'll have plenty of time to try and get on the leaderboard for the Spread Needle.. my question is.. do people just spam the C runs to get as many kills as possible for the leader boards? and does anything worthwhile drop on the harder missions?

Kizeragi
Jul 24, 2008, 08:08 PM
I have hope. If this goes without a hitch, I'll restore my faith in Sonic Team.

*Points to Signature*

"Don't ask what the GUARDIANS can do for you, but ask what can you can do for the GUARDIANS! And the answer to that... is to run MAG and get the Sange!!!"

We'll get Sange, no worries now. ^^
I'll be spamming C anyway xD I would like more Spread Needles.
I have no interest in using MAG exp to cap at 140.

Powder Keg
Jul 24, 2008, 08:08 PM
There are some fairly decent drops in the harder difficulties, but nothing spectacular to be honest.

And yes, people usually get together in a group of 4 and spam C runs over and over again to get onto the leaderboards. I considered doing that if the extension was 1 or 2 weeks, but 3? No thanks.

Cracka_J
Jul 24, 2008, 08:09 PM

You'd think that after 7 weeks everyone would be following this guideline...

Kizeragi
Jul 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
Comon, at least they told us something. xD...

Arika
Jul 24, 2008, 08:23 PM
Bad news for me, I thought I only need to play 2 weeks for spread needle ;/

Kinako78
Jul 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
Finally someone makes sense!

Agreed.

The_Brimada
Jul 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
I was expecting 2 weeks. Oh well with three weeks I'd probably get bumped off the 2nd leaderboard(if they have it) since I go to Florida on the last week.

Loso
Jul 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
There are some fairly decent drops in the harder difficulties, but nothing spectacular to be honest.

And yes, people usually get together in a group of 4 and spam C runs over and over again to get onto the leaderboards. I considered doing that if the extension was 1 or 2 weeks, but 3? No thanks.

Ok.. thanks for clearing that up. =)

Sakuyarules
Jul 24, 2008, 08:41 PM
I just started PSU, and never played PSO online, so I never got to do Maximum Attack G before (im assuming this is what MAG stands for?). Neways, could someone point me in the direction of an explanation of this event?

SuperRygar
Jul 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
you would have to do nothing but spam C for the entirety of MAG...are you really willing to go through that? you would have to do it several hours every single day. it doesnt seem worth it to me

gundam0079
Jul 24, 2008, 08:45 PM
yes mag is back time to lvl alts and everything

Larian
Jul 24, 2008, 08:47 PM
Grrr...If it does happen, I'll be gone for almost a whole week...Man this kinda stinks for me now...but oh well what can you do sometimes... =/

SuperRygar
Jul 24, 2008, 08:53 PM
HAHA i sense a new epidemic.....a serge of threads saying "stupid Sega, your not supposed to give me MAG until I'm ready!!!!!"

Larian
Jul 24, 2008, 08:57 PM
Ohhh...then that make me the first!! =D

Even when they do something right...they don't!!? =P

But regardless...I'm still going to make the best of it cause that is what I do! =D

pikachief
Jul 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
I can finally get a spread needle!!! YAY!

SStrikerR
Jul 24, 2008, 09:14 PM

MAG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nothing

Edit: Ah gonna miss the last 5 days of it. Ah well good thing I didn't want the needle anyway.

Harmony
Jul 24, 2008, 09:24 PM
I hope it really happens.

Kylie
Jul 24, 2008, 09:39 PM
Tight, man. :sleep:

Guess it's cool if it goes through.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
Meh, 3 weeks is too damn long. But I hope the rewards do come early.

I need to decide who I'm gonna use, and it isn't gonna be FT that fer sure.

amtalx
Jul 24, 2008, 09:48 PM
The question is: Do I care enough to renew my subscription? Maybe if we get the synth bonus. Then I can finally make this f*cking Love Inferno board I've been holding onto for the last 4 months.

Turb0
Jul 24, 2008, 09:51 PM
The question is: Do I care enough to renew my subscription? Maybe if we get the synth bonus. Then I can finally make this f*cking Love Inferno board I've been holding onto for the last 4 months.

*Points to sig*:D

Kylie
Jul 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
Also, am I alone in thinking it's funny that SOA is taking a vacation? :lol:

Well, SOJ after reading it again, but one has to wonder why SOA closes too.

Turb0
Jul 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
I thought it said SOJ was taking a vacation.

Cracka_J
Jul 24, 2008, 10:03 PM
I need to decide who I'm gonna use, and it isn't gonna be FT that fer sure.

Haha, ya, feel ya on that. I don't think I'll be competing this time though, I got everything I wanted out of the first MAG and had a good competition with the guys in TA. Just plan on playing casually with friends, and possibly some of the new people I've met on these boards.

I really didn't do too many S runs the first time around, so now I got a few weeks to cap my remaining alts and have some fun with the event.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 24, 2008, 10:04 PM
They're taking a vacation because they're tired of hearing players bitch.

*cuts irony with knife*

HiroChicken
Jul 24, 2008, 10:04 PM
I'm excited for this. Not only will extra experience be good all around, but I really need some more meseta. ^^; The Mission Points will certainly help. I just turned my beast ForteFighter into a FighGunner, and he needs some stat boosts.

And like some one else said, This can help with raising Wartecher and Guntecher in order to try out the master classes.

Golto
Jul 24, 2008, 10:18 PM

The Japanese do the programming for the updates so instead of catching us up they are taking a second week off in a 4 week time period.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2008, 11:48 PM
IM GONNA DO WHAT TIDUS DID FOR THE FIRST 1-3 DAYS ^^ and no its not cheating cuz he didnt cheat :D lol

then im gonna play casually for about a week jsut like he did, then im gonna pick up the pace like he did! but on a different character for 1 needles ;)

lol i just wanna be #1 for even jsut 1 min. take a picture, put in sig, then i dont care where i place XD

Tetsaru
Jul 24, 2008, 11:51 PM
Lol, we finally get some news RIGHT after I spend all my meseta on random stuff and start mass synthing everything... >_<

Oh well, I'm just glad that Sega finally decided to TELL us something for once. Here's to hoping nothing else goes wrong, and that we get all of our rewards!...

...and that we get NEW CONTENT in the future! >:3

gratefulgriz
Jul 24, 2008, 11:58 PM
Joy! cant wait to play with 132 all over again! thanks sega!!

Powder Keg
Jul 24, 2008, 11:58 PM
IM GONNA DO WHAT TIDUS DID FOR THE FIRST 1-3 DAYS ^^ and no its not cheating cuz he didnt cheat :D lol

:-?

lolwait

Syl
Jul 25, 2008, 12:08 AM
eh lo el indeed

DISCO
Jul 25, 2008, 12:23 AM
Here is a list of the mission drops:
http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_G

XenithFlare
Jul 25, 2008, 12:23 AM
I might actually come back, now.

That is, unless they allow the SAME people to crowd the new leaderboards (provided they're back) again, preventing me from even getting a single Spread Needle.

Then I'll just be pissed at SEGA letting people double-dip, effectively fucking over the people (like me) who were 065'd.

GlowSticks
Jul 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
GIVE ME MY PRIZES. F MAG. & this game. Adios! Mm I'm worth about 2.5 billion meseta, closed account today! FTW

Turb0
Jul 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
You can't use the same character as you did the first time, but you can earn multiple spread needles per account.

Syl
Jul 25, 2008, 12:44 AM
GIVE ME MY PRIZES. F MAG. & this game. Adios! Mm I'm worth about 2.5 billion meseta, closed account today! FTW

You must have not read the "You will be getting the prizes you already won on August 1st" part :>

Xaeris
Jul 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
Finally, a reason to log on again. It's not quite new content, but the prospect of rewards will at least get me to spend the week hunting up some mats for boards.

desturel
Jul 25, 2008, 12:46 AM
Hmm... I'll wait for the official site to post up the info, before I'm sure it's coming, but here are my thoughts anyway.

1) 3 weeks is too long. I did it the first time for the Spread Needle, but this time? I know at least two people who are looking for SN this time around and two weeks of helping them wouldn't be a problem. Three weeks is much more of a hassle. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. They helped me out the first time. I'll help them out this time.

2) Splitting up the rewards is going to be a PITA. First we get the synth bonus during MA:G, but during MA:G I won't have time to collect the materials to synth stuff with (Everyone buy up that Vulcaline right now). That plus the three week extension, but only two weeks of rewards = lots of end of MA:G materials and no synth bonus to make any of the items with. Now that doesn't mean much for the Carriguine Rucars that will be plentiful since they already have a high synth rate, but the other items like the Soda Ribans with no Vulcaline to synth? I guess I'll just be selling boards to the NPC. Goodness knows they won't be worth anything at the end of this. I'd rather have the rewards after, even if that means loosing out on my Spread Needle for another month or so. Again, nothing I can do about it, but it's annoying.

3) Not really a complaint, but I guess I can make my cast a fortetecher for this one. See how quickly I can get him at least to level 130 (level 30 right now) spamming C runs for SN for friends. Which leads me to my next one.

4) I know the same character can't get spread needle this time around, but can a different character on the same account get one? They mentioned previously that they weren't sure how they would handle that. This would be the time to get clarification. Making it so that repeat accounts can't get more needles would make the expansion a bit more fair for the people who didn't get a chance the first time. It would be far too easy for the top 200 from the first MA:G to be in the top 500 the second time around. I know I could do it again should I so choose, but it's a real hassle. I'll have to see how much I like the SN before I commit to another three weeks of insanity other than helping friends on their quests for glory.

5) Jaggo Acte? Hopefully they aren't planning on having special jaggo during an event that can only have rappy in it. Speaking of which Paska? Or are they going to throw in a different seasonal rappy? I'm fairly certain they won't give us normal rappy (Cati/skill?), and with the Serafi Feather trade in from the lotto, I can't see them going with a rappy like the Latan which doesn't drop anything requiring a Serafi Feather to synth, but I guess they could do it. That would also leave another problem of having Rare Rappy and Rare Jaggo at the same time. Sure Acte only drop Bico (random element random percentage this time. Don't expect 37% light to ever show it's face again... not that it mattered with random damage) and Fireworks, but this also interferes with people who want to run normal non MA:G missions. Dual rare creatures could get in the way of them hunting one item or another.

But anyway, enough speculation for now. If/When they announce it on the official site, I'll probably think up more problems with a three week event in August.

Eleina
Jul 25, 2008, 12:57 AM
It's all good if it comes but if TA boards come back expect a salem with hunt.
The MGG is still around of 360, and Chill said they are pretty much powerless to fight it. They only reason the glitchers were removed first time around is because they (pikachief) admitted to using it. So if it comes back i'll just actually enjoy the damn thing and forget about those dumb leaderboards lol.
Had my fun with TA first time round (Thanks to -TLM- and gazetto's group) and did my C spam, this time i'll just take it easy & wait for "new" content. <.<

SuperRygar
Jul 25, 2008, 12:58 AM
Then I'll just be pissed at SEGA letting people double-dip

not if Timmy has anything to say about it

http://gothamist.com/attachments/nyc_arts_john/2008_01_doubledip.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the Donald Trump of PSU!!...you want your prizes so your quitting? Boy, that'll teach them a lesson. I'd like to see the look on their faces!

3 weeks is too long? Nobody has a gun to your head people

Turb0
Jul 25, 2008, 01:00 AM
Even if two or more characters on a single account win prizes in kill count rankings, those prizes will still be awarded.

I guess I'll be doing this one with my cast. Finally, some motivation to do more than 3 missions a day!:D

Teerack
Jul 25, 2008, 01:11 AM
Wow, I'm surprised Sega is actually doing something O.o

Alastor_Haven
Jul 25, 2008, 01:11 AM

Sir I do believe this is a false statement

Wait a min...

FUCK YEAH SEAKING MAG 2 ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Syl
Jul 25, 2008, 01:16 AM
*high fives thread*

I'm glad even though there's going to be a bawfest related to MAG later that ST finally got off its ass for once.

I'm ecstatic
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/SylEspada/1208811499962.gif

landman
Jul 25, 2008, 01:37 AM

It's a Japanese holiday and this proves updates have nothing to do with SOA.

I'm getting my next Pushan and then enjoying my desired vacations ^^

McLaughlin
Jul 25, 2008, 01:42 AM
I sincerely hope we don't get shafted with some seasonal Rappy again.

Cati/Skill Save here I come.

Astarin
Jul 25, 2008, 01:59 AM
There are a lot of solid, useful S rank weapons on the S version of MAG. Nothing particularly unique, but there are a variety of solid, useful weapons, that are easier to get because of the drop rate boost. For example: [b] Ank Dedda, [b] Ryusaikanoh, [b] Gur Bazga, [b] Shinowa Line... [b] Carriguiric and [b] Gaozoran Rod should be more common too, although I had no luck getting those.

One thing is out of date in the drop chart that DISCO linked to. The drop for level 125-149 Grass Assassin isn't [b] Sweet Death anymore, it's now [b] Double Agito. So, you might see a few more of those this time around.

pikachief
Jul 25, 2008, 02:46 AM
*high fives thread*

I'm glad even though there's going to be a bawfest related to MAG later that ST finally got off its ass for once.

I'm ecstatic
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/SylEspada/1208811499962.gif

i read it and i go on PSU and i was like HAY GAIZ MAG IZ BAK! ITZ COOOMING BAK!!!!! ZOMFG!!!

and they were like oh so? y u excited? its nothing new, its old, they should've given this a long time ago, the rewards sucked anyways didnt care about them. bla bla bla ruined my excitment :(

not really idk y i was not excited AT ALL for when it came the first time around but now i have time to get on leaderboards YAY! (more like patience than time lol)

EMPYREAN
Jul 25, 2008, 03:05 AM
YaY, 3 weeks to cap all my 3 caras. perfect =D

Celi-Ka
Jul 25, 2008, 03:20 AM
It works out for me, I just created a new character!

Seority
Jul 25, 2008, 04:06 AM
The only problem with this is it doesn't look like the 2 weeks of 3* luck will coincide with the grinding bonus. W/e, I just want my spread needle already. :D
[/url]

OMGWUT?
*smakes self*

I might actually come back, now.

That is, unless they allow the SAME people to crowd the new leaderboards (provided they're back) again, preventing me from even getting a single Spread Needle.

Then I'll just be pissed at SEGA letting people double-dip, effectively fucking over the people (like me) who were 065'd.

Yeah, if your char was on the last one, they shouldn't be on this one, but this time, everyone uses their alts, along with the 65er's. This new LB will be difficult to stay on.

You can't use the same character as you did the first time, but you can earn multiple spread needles per account.

Sad thing is though, is that I'm probably gonna be on synthing duty while DreX spams for his spread needle. I wanted one too... :nono:
Ah well. After I capped my Newman, which I found out did diddly squat, I want to level my CAST, which shouldn't take more then a few days. xD
I am happy, but then again, if I get a job soon, I'm screwed from MAG2. Xo

Danny_Dark
Jul 25, 2008, 07:30 AM

Agreed !

Neith
Jul 25, 2008, 07:53 AM
So, we've gone from:
'BAAAWWWWWW no MAG :( ' to 'BAAAAAWWWWW it's too long' :lol:

As much as I want new content too, 3 weeks of MAG is fine by me. It's the main thing I wanted back anyway, gives me time to get some serious leveling on my alt.

As someone else said, we'll see how many of the 'MAG needs to end' crowd are back spamming it when it releases :>

Powder Keg
Jul 25, 2008, 08:11 AM
One thing is out of date in the drop chart that DISCO linked to. The drop for level 125-149 Grass Assassin isn't [b] Sweet Death anymore, it's now [b] Double Agito. So, you might see a few more of those this time around.

:-o oshit

time to get me a few of those

ForeverStronger
Jul 25, 2008, 08:14 AM
*teary eyes* It's *sob* so... b-beautiful...!

Fanin
Jul 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
Looks like I'll be renewing my account soon.

ThaPrez2k5
Jul 25, 2008, 08:59 AM
ive been waiting for this more than anyone aftr my account got stolen i had to start all over and i think a certain gm that sorta helped me out got me back sooner than expected, because when i came back he said just in time for mag 2 and that was three weeks ago or 2. but at least i can at least have 2 of my new characters over a hundred again. too bad that i can't have all 4 again but its ok its only a game that many people put mad hours in and can't be compensated respectively for. just have to keep telling myself its olny ten bucks lol

Cracka_J
Jul 25, 2008, 09:18 AM
They only reason the glitchers were removed first time around is because they (pikachief) admitted to using it. So if it comes back i'll just actually enjoy the damn thing and forget about those dumb leaderboards lol.

Seems to be the majority opinion of our team atm too. We got lucky the first time that the leaderboard was actually corrected, which realistically, I didn't expect to happen.

I'll just enjoy and relax during this second part of the event.

Also, I actually think it's rather nice that we're getting 3 weeks, now everyone that wanted the grinding bonus and sange will get it. You just gotta play the event. I'm not going to complain over something extra they're giving us.

Anime Sapphire
Jul 25, 2008, 09:24 AM
This is Great news! I am looking foward to see the MAG Event up and running for the 3 weeks.

^^

Thank you Sonic Team! :bored:

Para
Jul 25, 2008, 09:28 AM
Looks like I'll be renewing my account soon.

You better! :( You left Stukasa by herself lol

Mag_Launcher
Jul 25, 2008, 09:30 AM
It depends how easy it will be to stay on the killboards. Yeah, the extra week will make things harder, and you can bet your ass people will double dip for needles. But, as long as I get just one, I won't be a complete loser in the eyes of the other hardcore assholes gunners here. (wait, no, I still will, because they'll have 2+, but screw them, every last one of em.)

Middle
Jul 25, 2008, 09:40 AM
I think when we get the rewards of the first mag on 1st of august that inculdes the 3* luck for two weeks ...
and that if we would earn the grinding bonus we dont have 2 weeks of 3* luck ...
that would suck ... i think ...

ThaPrez2k5
Jul 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
It depends how easy it will be to stay on the killboards. Yeah, the extra week will make things harder, and you can bet your ass people will double dip for needles. But, as long as I get just one, I won't be a complete loser in the eyes of the other hardcore assholes gunners here. (wait, no, I still will, because they'll have 2+, but screw them, every last one of em.)

Will the hardcore ******* gunners get their shotty reward on the 1st so they can use it during the event or is that after???

Cracka_J
Jul 25, 2008, 10:02 AM
Will the hardcore ******* gunners get their shotty reward on the 1st so they can use it during the event or is that after???
Was just thinking the same thing. According to what we know so far, it would be logical to say you will see gunners during MAG with Spread Needle/G's attempting to get MORE Spread Needle/G's.

This is going to be hilarious :D :D :D

Middle
Jul 25, 2008, 10:06 AM

MAG will stay... but only from C-A after the event ----

Kizeragi
Jul 25, 2008, 10:12 AM
Was just thinking the same thing. According to what we know so far, it would be logical to say you will see gunners during MAG with Spread Needle/G's attempting to get MORE Spread Needle/G's.

This is going to be hilarious :D :D :D

If so, I will be one of them. lol
I only need one but i will be getting two more.

Magician
Jul 25, 2008, 10:33 AM
I hope this happens; the sooner I can level my alts to run S2 missions the better.

Darius_Drake
Jul 25, 2008, 10:40 AM
No way never doing another mag c again got my needle, just gonna use mag to get the job types done for the master classes.

I am right there with you. I already got my main prepped for fighmaster. I need to get one of my alts set for gunmaster (she is already over half way there), and my other alt for masterforce (she needs quite a bit of job leveling for this).

BrandonHeat
Jul 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
Um YAY!!! I guess not too sure if I care or not bout the only cool thing I can now get my alts up in lvl fast.... um.... YAY! Naw its cool though thats one thing on SEGACs to do list done.

Seority
Jul 25, 2008, 10:54 AM
I think when we get the rewards of the first mag on 1st of august that inculdes the 3* luck for two weeks ...
and that if we would earn the grinding bonus we dont have 2 weeks of 3* luck ...
that would suck ... i think ...

Is anyone sure about this?
I'm quite lost myself.
Isn't the grind boost also a MAG reward, along with the 3 luck?
So the only down fall is that you'll have to mass synth / grind during MAG2 right?

relentless
Jul 25, 2008, 11:02 AM
No, what Middle was trying to say is that we get the rewards we respectively earned at the START of MAG2.
But now we didn't get to the milestone and panel up the Grinding Boost, right?
So that technically would mean we will most likely hit that milestone DURING the MAG2 and get it (hopefully) right after those 3 weeks WITHOUT 3* luck, because that is a reward we earned for during the MAG2.

I don't see the negatives here.. if we don't have 3 luck on one of the days during Grind Boost period we will just be able to try and get it off the Shrine Maiden. (4 chances or more if you choose the 100 meseta choice).. plus you can always ask friends to grind stuff for you if he/she has 3 luck. ;o
Anyways, the Grinding Boost itself is the important thing for now I guess.

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
Also keep in mind that if you have four characters of unique gender+race, that's four shots to hit 3* Luck. It would be nice if the perma-3* Luck hit during the Grinding bonus, but in reality it's not so bad if it doesn't.

Crimson_HUmar
Jul 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
People, we get the chance to get a Sange plus we will get our rewards! plus all those error people will get the chance to play MAG.

Really now, This is great news!

relentless
Jul 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
High fives?

Sange... I don't give a damn about that thing, we will be able to get it in another way in the future anyways, so once Grinding Boost gets earned everyone should just 'lax. :)
Except those that crave for those SN/Gs. :wacko:
*sparkles at Kiz* G-g-g-g-go you!

Aorre
Jul 25, 2008, 11:27 AM
How many Spread Needles do you think will go to inactive accounts?

Seority
Jul 25, 2008, 11:28 AM
Oh! We didn't get that yet!
Thanks for clearing it up.
^_^b
Me and DreX have 16 chances to get 3* luck, so that's not an issue I suppose, I just don't like taking that long to get it. -lazy :P -
And I'm looking forward to the synth boost rather then the grind. I should probably change my sig now. x3

How many Spread Needles do you think will go to inactive accounts?

This is a sad truth. ;(

Golto
Jul 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
I think with the extension being 3 weeks and no new content we have a good chance to get that last 32+ million kills now.

The_Brimada
Jul 25, 2008, 11:46 AM

I went from 1 to 70 in the last day of the first mag, 3 weeks is more than enough to cap your chars :p

I'll probably go ahead and cap all of my chars..but idk I kinda want a needle since pakuda is so far away from this server :x

AlphaDragoon
Jul 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
Cool, it's finally confirmed.

Even better, I'm going to have more money than I thought I would so I don't have to cancel my account after all. Yay.

goldbrease
Jul 25, 2008, 01:04 PM
hmm, what about thoes who didn't get to play during mag 1 and are ging to in mag2? will they recive all the rewards after mag2 ends or are tey only going to get the final unlocks?

relentless
Jul 25, 2008, 01:15 PM
hmm, what about thoes who didn't get to play during mag 1 and are ging to in mag2? will they recive all the rewards after mag2 ends or are tey only going to get the final unlocks?

Hmm?
As to the rewards people would earn if they have been 065'ed in the first MAG:
3* luck: Get!
Synth bonus: Get!
Treasure Chest: Probably get after MAG2 if you play the MAG mission during it. I could be wrong, but who cares about Treasure Chest?!
Ruins: That's unlocked in general.
Clothes price halfed: Same with Ruins for everyone.
Program DF: Same.
Rappy Tip: see Treasure Chest reward.
Free MakeOver: Get!

Taken from the MAG event site itself listing all rewards... the only rewards people who could skip out on who haven't been able to play through MAG1 would be the Treasure Chest and Rappy Tip which are unimportant anyways.
So basically it's just the exact same event over again for the new ones joining up, just 3 weeks instead of 4.

Dreadbiter
Jul 25, 2008, 01:24 PM
Im just glad that they are standing by what they originally said, and hooray for the MAG V.1 rewards earlier than expected. I didnt expect the rewards until 2 weeks after MAG V.2

goldbrease
Jul 25, 2008, 01:29 PM
i wasn't 065ed, i came back to psu after mag and didn't get to play mag at all. i asked if people who didn't play mag 1, not people who were 065ed.

fixed

relentless
Jul 25, 2008, 01:32 PM
i was 065ed, i came back to psu after mag and didn't get to play mag at all. i asked if people who didn't play mag 1, not people who were 065ed.

Yeah...
maybe I misphrased things?
I meant everyone who didn't participate in the MAG1, that includes the 065'ed people obviously.
All the event rewards will apply to everyone except MAYBE not getting Treasure Chest / Rappy Tip.

edit:
If you were talking about the Leaderboard rewards aka SN/G + Medals then of course since you were not on the LB you won't get this particular reward. However you (probably? hopefully? most likely?) have a new chance at them at MAG2. :)

Lanin
Jul 25, 2008, 01:33 PM
I second that sentement, however, I feel quite differently about the Treasure chest and Rappy Tipie. ALL rewards are good. If you don't want your Chest, then feel free to donate it it some Newbie. I have plans for mine and they don't include selling it for ungodly ammounts of Meseta to unfortunates who REALY wanted it but got 065ed. Im also looking forward to Fast Tracking my alternate characters to higher levels during the event. THAT is what I think is the best part, not withstanding the SHLight. The Level crawl is abit steep going through the 50+.

goldbrease
Jul 25, 2008, 01:57 PM
sorry i fixed my post. i was not 065ed, i came back to psu the day after mag1 ended.

Meta77
Jul 25, 2008, 02:15 PM
I could care less about mag (dont get me wrong i plan to ply) but after a month of waiting i could care less. Now a update that would make me smile. Let my p.m bot actually have a.i and the ability to talk to me whenever it wanted. Instead of always sitting in my room selling her stuff to strangers. lol.

goldbrease
Jul 25, 2008, 02:44 PM
I could care less about mag (dont get me wrong i plan to ply) but after a month of waiting i could care less. Now a update that would make me smile. Let my p.m bot actually have a.i and the ability to talk to me whenever it wanted. Instead of always sitting in my room selling her stuff to strangers. lol.

you mean your stuff right? lol. mabe missions were our pm is needed and communicates with us.

Meta77
Jul 25, 2008, 03:01 PM
sure that would also be neat.

Darius_Drake
Jul 25, 2008, 03:26 PM
I am glad we are getting MAG2, but would I be greedy for wanting MAG2 as well as new content now that it looks like they are working with us again?

goldbrease
Jul 25, 2008, 04:10 PM
I am glad we are getting MAG2, but would I be greedy for wanting MAG2 as well as new content now that it looks like they are working with us again?

getting the level cap increased to 140 isn't enough? they did say there were a few other things. duno what thou.

LaMBoLOgy
Jul 25, 2008, 04:58 PM
Looks like I won't be afking around moa for a while. Last time I was too lazy to participate, but my krew has me motivated. Time to get some spread Gs. And that's real!!

mvffin
Jul 25, 2008, 05:07 PM
I gotta think up some other Setups this time. Last time I changed my class every couple days lol.

I know my Chikki/Twin Mayalee is gonna get boring after a while. Maybe I should set up PT also. = \

Ken_Silver
Jul 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
Just making sure, is if for certain that we will be starting off from where the leaderboards left off? I don't want then to screw us over at the last minute.

And to those who don't want the Sange right now, sell it. People who can't use S ranked sabers will really enjoy it. And it's also needed to make the Sange and Yasha later on.

Plus no one knows what the other method of getting the sange is NOR do we know when we'll get it. Updates are still pretty far back on the US side. The train is now moving, but we don't know how quickly the train will get to speed.

I'm just happy that we'll be getting another chance. 3 weeks should be enough to get 40 million kills.

Mata
Jul 25, 2008, 05:56 PM
I wont believe it till i see it. How can you people trust chillauaras word when hes said the same thing twice before and it didn't happen.

Ken_Silver
Jul 25, 2008, 05:57 PM
This time, they plan to update the official site. I think that if they truly mess it up, then PSU really will die.

pikachief
Jul 25, 2008, 07:00 PM
its also the first time he's shown us teh official word from SoA and we didnt say maybe or possibly or we hope or if it all goes as plan he said we WILL get an update.

we're getting it this time and there's nothing u pessimists can say to stop it :D lol

Golto
Jul 25, 2008, 07:08 PM
This is what the Gm Sage said during the mission spotlight today on pc/ps2 which most was known or speculated.

MAG will be back August 1st for 3 weeks.
We will be getting jaggo actes August 1st.
Leaderboards will be reset but chars that were in top 500 won't count this time around.
Kills added from the extension will be added to the grand total of kills. (hello grinding bonus and sange)
Did not confirm on how many places would get a Spread Neede /G the 2nd time around though.
He said they asked ST to give us +3* luck when we should get our grinding bonus (if we earn it).
Did state we would have regular rappies in MAG this time, lets hope this is true.

Kinako78
Jul 25, 2008, 07:14 PM
The announcement on the official page is up now.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20080725a

Dealer
Jul 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

Level cap 140...

Nitro Vordex
Jul 25, 2008, 08:02 PM
I wonder if anyone realizes they don't actually HAVE to spam runs.

OMFG NO WAI

Para
Jul 25, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hmm yay the game gets even easier with lv 140 D: hopefully they will promptly dish out the S2 missions to counter our lv 140ness...

Leaderboards will be reset but chars that were in top 500 won't count this time around.
A somewhat shocker but should be changed that instead of chars, the word accounts should be in there >_>

Mewnie
Jul 25, 2008, 08:33 PM
Yay, old content X3 At the least, I can stomach it enough for the Grinding bonus, but after that? Meh.

I hope they learned something from this gong show (yeah, right)

amtalx
Jul 25, 2008, 09:36 PM
A somewhat shocker but should be changed that instead of chars, the word accounts should be in there >_>

Systematically eliminating virtually all of the hardcore players isn't really in the right spirit... There are already participation prizes for this event. The Spread Needle/G isn't one of them.

Meta77
Jul 25, 2008, 10:01 PM
140 0_o whop de doo. I just want new levels and planets and weapons.....dag nab it all.

system of a down
Jul 28, 2008, 02:45 AM
been hearing a lot of people talk bout the mag runs r they really coming back aug 1st

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jul 28, 2008, 02:47 AM
Yes sir

system of a down
Jul 28, 2008, 02:49 AM
how long r they gonna be back for

Chuck_Norris
Jul 28, 2008, 02:54 AM
Try checking the FRONT PAGE.
http://pso-world.com/