PDA

View Full Version : What about the LSOD????

Anonymous
Mar 1, 2001, 04:39 PM
Just when you thought is was safe to play online!
It's the Locked Screen Of Death!!!!!

The other night I was on Mines in Hard mode online. As someone was leaving the game my screen locked up completely. Music kept playing but one of the guys that was on my screen was frozen in mid run... with a speech bubble halfway out of his mouth. I let it sit for a bit because I figured it might just pop back on. After about 5 minutes I pulled the phone line to try to force a disconnect. after another 5-8 minutes (switched inputs on my VCR and watched letterman) I figured that that wasn't going to work either... so I tried a soft reset. The unit was completely frozen. so I had to do a hard reset and when Ic ame back in I had lost my primary weapon, and EVERY item I had been carrying. Luckily I had enough meseta in the bank to get myself back on the road to a complete stock pile of Mag food...

I was just wondering if anyone had seen this or am I alone in my frozen PSO nightmare...

-Syntax

Waylander
Mar 4, 2001, 05:39 AM
Same thing happened to me, only it was just as I was depositing my money in the bank. Lost every item I had on me that wasn't equipped, and my over 100,000 meseta. Fortunately my girlfriend gave me 200,000 meseta which I used to buy back most of my items, and a friend gave me some weapons to replace what I had lost.

Phantasy
Mar 4, 2001, 09:14 AM
It happened to me as well. It seems that there is no cure which sucks. So, <sigh> my items all got eaten by the mean server.