PDA

View Full Version : Will The ChatpAd Ever Work On PSU?

pinkace
Jul 25, 2008, 11:13 PM
I was so excited when this was first announced. I bought one the day it came out (i got a %25 discount so it was harder not to) and was SO ANGRY when I got home and found out it wouldn't work.

I figured if enough gamers wanted this to work, maybe it could be done. Does anyone here want chatpad support on PSU, or am I alone?

Cavarcous
Jul 25, 2008, 11:30 PM
No, it won't ever work, they want you to buy this thing...

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_blueorb.php

P.S. it only works with a wired controller...

pinkace
Jul 25, 2008, 11:40 PM
thats not true. that never went into production, it was canceled. are you kiddin? i would have bought one regardless :P

Simmy
Jul 26, 2008, 01:20 AM
lmao that thing is ridiculous!

goldbrease
Jul 26, 2008, 01:36 AM
the orb. hit a button on your controller to turn keyboard mode on then m memorize an obsurd control pad command combo to type......

yah know... a usb keyboard is pretty cheap and does the job.

Brainwrecked
Jul 26, 2008, 02:54 AM
Actually, notice how the number pad on your keyboard never works on the 360 dashboard, but it works in PSU. Methinks Sega did something stupid, like not utilizing standard APIs on the 360 for keyboard input.

Wouldn't be the first time Sega bucked standard APIs. Sonic CD for Windows 95 ring a bell? DirectX was "too slow" at the time for Sega, so they hooked into all of Windows 95's graphics functions directly, including some functions marked for obsolescence. When Windows 98 came along and those functions were finally dropped, guess what happened to Sonic CD?

Darsh
Jul 26, 2008, 02:58 AM
That has to be the most hokey lame idea for a keyboard invention i have ever seen. That looks infinately harder to use then a regular key board O.o!

gratefulgriz
Jul 26, 2008, 03:47 AM
come to the PC server!!

ForteGunnerW
Jul 26, 2008, 05:16 AM
use vent if on PC

Cracka_J
Jul 26, 2008, 07:02 AM
use vent if on PC

this.

pure lazymode.

pinkace
Jul 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
OK, so this went way off topic.

Let's try this: does anyone here OWN a Chatpad?

Tyrulz
Jul 26, 2008, 05:39 PM
Ok im glad i can actually offer an answer to your question, granted it is a completely general SEGAC answer but its an answer none the less, anyway about 6 months ago i emailed sega about whether or not the chatpad would be compatible with the game now and in the future, and they replied back saying that they were aware it didnt work and that they were not concerned about it because they had current issues at hand that were more important, however i was told that they were looking to maybe integrate the chatpad hardware to work with psu in the future. -and that was after they suggested the blue orb texter. long story short dont get ur hopes up ever and if u bought the pad to work with psu and make ur life easier, im sorry :(

pinkace
Jul 26, 2008, 09:53 PM
thanks for the info man. at least sega is AWARE that such an option exists. but honestly, im the kinda guy that would buy that blue orb just to own it. supposedly it comes with a t-shirt! whats geekier than a tshirt? i will tell you: nothing! thats why i want one.

where can i buy the blue orb texter?

goldbrease
Jul 26, 2008, 09:59 PM
thanks for the info man. at least sega is AWARE that such an option exists. but honestly, im the kinda guy that would buy that blue orb just to own it. supposedly it comes with a t-shirt! whats geekier than a tshirt? i will tell you: nothing! thats why i want one.

where can i buy the blue orb texter?

actually there are 2 things geekier.
wearing and entire set of clothing based on the game or a character of the game, thus shoes hats shirts socks pants wristbands accessories ect.
cosplaying as characters from the game.