PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Another tiny glimpse of the future (for Japan)

EspioKaos
Jul 26, 2008, 12:05 PM
Courtesy of Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080726c.html), a small bit of information was published in the latest issue of Famitsu Connect!On where Satoshi Sakai (director) and Yuya Kimura (planner) discuss what is planned for the Japanese PC/PS2 servers from September on. Really, all they get into is the next event (following the 2nd anniversary event coming up soon).

* Another large event is planned to begin at some point before March 2009. A name has not been decided on it yet.
* The event is planned to have a similar structure to Maximum Attack G.
* The developers want to have events of similar proportions three or four times per year.

Not much to it, I know. I expect we'll hear more on whatever this event may be soon. Now that Japan's current longterm schedule is coming to a close, we'll likely see the revised schedule go up on the site in the next month or so.

Now, when they say these future events will have a similar structure to MAG, I hope they don't mean one mission to run for a month. I'd much, much rather prefer something like Firebreak or Shred the Darkness with multiple missions to choose from.

Kylie
Jul 26, 2008, 12:19 PM
Now, when they say these future events will have a similar structure to MAG, I hope they don't mean one mission to run for a month. I'd much, much rather prefer something like Firebreak or Shred the Darkness with multiple missions to choose from.Yes, and I don't think it's a good idea to let a game hang on by its events. I'd rather see them put their energy into making new missions, weapons, and clothes for us. I mean, so many people didn't want to level characters after MAG1 because they knew we'd get another opportunity like that, and a lot of the same people quit once it didn't come. It takes too much away from the point of leveling characters without an event.

Ezodagrom
Jul 26, 2008, 12:33 PM
Maybe what they mean with similar structure to mag is that parts of those events will be unlocked with points, kinda like ruins and program df on mag, but instead of being parts of just 1 mission, being their own missions that would be unlocked?...well...who knows ^^;

I'm curious about the longterm schedule though :>

relentless
Jul 26, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hmmm... nothing exciting I guess. No details, no name, no exact date. Same structure as MAG? Could be either good or bad... lol that's some rough news we got here. :lol:

I'm curious about the longterm schedule though :>

Me, too. =o Gib!

Dragwind
Jul 26, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm happy to know that they will be attempting to at least provide more "events." Even if they are similar in structure to MAG, or even repeats of old events, I'd be fine with that.

unicorn
Jul 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
No new weapons, classes, clothing, room features, missions, enemies, etc? ._.

relentless
Jul 26, 2008, 03:21 PM
No new weapons, classes, clothing, room features, missions, enemies, etc? ._.

Who said that?
There's more to come, obviously. They haven't even decided on a name for the event yet, so it's just normal that a detailed description of future-related stuff will come... in the future. :-P
One'd think this information isn't helpful at all since it actually isn't much, but it's good that they even can at least roughly state about an event which comes after the event they haven't even gotten into detail yet (2nd anniversary event). Doh. :)

Wahoo.

Miyoko
Jul 26, 2008, 03:31 PM
* The event is planned to have a similar structure to Maximum Attack G.

*Cries*

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2008, 03:37 PM
Now, when they say these future events will have a similar structure to MAG, I hope they don't mean one mission to run for a month. I'd much, much rather prefer something like Firebreak or Shred the Darkness with multiple missions to choose from.
Ugh, completely agree. MAG bored me after the first weekend, nostalgia can only take you so far.

Thanks for relaying the info as always.

mvffin
Jul 26, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, and I don't think it's a good idea to let a game hang on by its events. I'd rather see them put their energy into making new missions, weapons, and clothes for us.

Why make new missions? People would just go back to white beast after a day or two anyways. = (

Golto
Jul 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm hoping they don't plan on having the rest of the high * equipment being event onry items and not add a new difficultly or missions for the endgame stuff to drop in.

goldbrease
Jul 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
its going to be interesting to see what sega does after this story event is finished since this means the illuminus and falz are dead. anyone thinking olga is going to show up?

Arika
Jul 26, 2008, 09:37 PM
well, when they say MAG, I alway think of leader board.... so yea..I guess they mean it.
It is good if they are refer to the puzzle, but I guess those are what they did already.
(unlock survivor in Dengeki, unlock mggaahi in darkness)

amtalx
Jul 26, 2008, 10:55 PM
What this game needs:

Another expansion.

Poncho_Jr
Jul 26, 2008, 10:59 PM
What this game needs:

Koopa Troopa.

Kylie
Jul 26, 2008, 11:15 PM
What this game needs:

Another expansion.
Yes. It's kind of lame that they wasted space on the disc that could have been used for new content. Oh well.

Of course, the events they have for us could be awesome. ;o

Arika
Jul 26, 2008, 11:53 PM
I m sure, it is impossible for them to make PSP better than online version.
they will have expansion, just that it gonna be slow because of they are experimenting things on PSP currently.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 27, 2008, 01:02 AM
We definitely, totally need another expansion. Just bring EPII levels unaltered right into it with enemies intact and I'll be happy. This means fighting Olga Flow with 6 players and not having a re-skin.

Svaltus
Jul 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
New MAG system? oh my ....

But Olga Flow back is good ideia!

ForteGunnerW
Jul 27, 2008, 09:27 AM
yeah i think they need a new expansion more than anything... i mean psp with no online would get boring when people had completed it...

Aorre
Jul 27, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hopefully they make Rappy Suit obtainable again!

BahnKnakyu
Jul 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
More stuff for US/EU to not get, eh.

Andy1423
Jul 28, 2008, 12:38 PM
I swear, If they make another event similar to MAG, and they make the goal another killcount accumulation with an illogical mindset I will quite this game.

I think It was the most retarded thing ever to go by killcount when LVL C-rank enemies score the same as S-ranks.

If they make S-ranks worth 5 times to 1 C-rank creature than YES, I will love to play an event as such. However, If I find that after 3 years all this game has to offer is dumb, illogical, and numb-minded spamming of missions over and over again with no rational rewards other than luck, which most certainly will randomly end up in the hands of a nub in the party I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME AGIAN.

It would be like an abusive relationship with empty promises.

I would rather play Diablo III, a game where the developers are not retarded and have excellent customer/community support.

I loved PSO, and I thought PSU would start on a similar platform and go from there. But it seems that this game has so many setbacks that It surely will be forgotten and end up a barren waste land if they don’t get on the ball and make this game worthwhile to play, especially for 10$ a month.

We’ll see how Aug turns out, but I hope for my sake/sega’s/and everyone that plays this game that someone will come along that actually gives a damn about it, and make this game what it should’ve been day 1.

Middle
Jul 28, 2008, 12:58 PM

Episode 2 Fields *hopes* Olga O.O

Para
Jul 28, 2008, 01:02 PM
Our long term schedule:

October-November Dengeki
December - Onwards:
Christmas Forever.

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2008, 05:36 PM
Episode 2 Fields *hopes* Olga O.OI hope they don't. They should be working on making new original content instead of recycling things from an old game. Dark Falz (probably better translated as "Dark False") isn't that at least as every PS story line has had this entity (just in the old ones, Segac did a really bad translation job of the name). I'm sure they only released that boss with MAG since the whole theme of the event was another vein attempt to attract the last cluster of players from PSO to PSU.

pikachief
Jul 28, 2008, 05:42 PM
well, when they say MAG, I alway think of leader board.... so yea..I guess they mean it.

thats what i was thinking too.

MysticGoten
Jul 28, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm just happy to have events period, because it seems like we go on for way too long without any updates or events.

thematesV2
Aug 13, 2008, 03:56 PM
kid of off the point, but kind of not off the point, anyone else wonder why the weapons seem so bland? I've been online now on and off for about a year.. my char is lvl 61, and I am already getting into the S ranks, and. low and behold, they look the same/act the same as the A and B ranks.... some are more powerful.. but for example, my regular frying pan hits harder on average than jitseen, and they are 2 stars apart..

I remember that the S rank weapons in PSO had features that the others didn't... such as moving parts or transparencys. there were the gloves that used the "invisibility" of the sinoa, there was flowens sword, which had some really weird transparency stuff going on. (I recently got Flowens Greatsword, and i'm sad that I don't have a PA leveled for it...) I remember watching people with the monkey king bar, and it would extract to fight, and retract when there were no baddies...

also, anyone miss how chromatic and vibrant the old red boxes used to be? it was like the sight of blood, it got your heart pumping. now the new "rares" have this washed out, slightly rusty color.....

chaoskila
Aug 13, 2008, 04:06 PM
interesting.

dingo123
Aug 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
we are going to pay $120 for a event

Dark Phoenix
Aug 13, 2008, 05:29 PM
NO MORE MAG TYPE EVENTS! PSU needs events with more spark. :) AND we need to catch up with the japanese servers. MAG was fun for a couple of weeks but its stay for over a month is now annoying. I really want the new armor, auras, and weapons to come out. Does anyone know what the next event will be? I hope its awesome cause im getting bored quick. PLEASE BE AWESOME NEW EVENT XD

Kizeragi
Aug 13, 2008, 05:38 PM
NO MORE MAG TYPE EVENTS! PSU needs events with more spark. :) AND we need to catch up with the japanese servers. MAG was fun for a couple of weeks but its stay for over a month is now annoying. I really want the new armor, auras, and weapons to come out. Does anyone know what the next event will be? I hope its awesome cause im getting bored quick. PLEASE BE AWESOME NEW EVENT XD

Next event "should" be the Dengeki Mission Carnival. We'll have Neudaiz GBR before then also.

Dark Phoenix
Aug 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
Next event "should" be the Dengeki Mission Carnival. We'll have Neudaiz GBR before then also.

ok THANKS :) . carnival sounds fun XD

Broodstar1337
Aug 13, 2008, 06:06 PM
Damn it feels good to be an importer. :3

XReikaX
Aug 13, 2008, 07:19 PM
Oooh, looks like I'll be jumping ship back to JP side soon. Hope the next event is something like Firebreak instead of on the Colony 3rd/5th floor. >_>

chaoskila
Aug 13, 2008, 08:00 PM
Oooh, looks like I'll be jumping ship back to JP side soon. Hope the next event is something like Firebreak instead of on the Colony 3rd/5th floor. >_>

fire break would be fun but i thnk if they have something like 1up would be better.
3 different mission so we ahve a variety and then a special mission where the drops are increased and we ahve a set time limit with the special end mission.

Iromegane
Aug 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
I swear, If they make another event similar to MAG, and they make the goal another killcount accumulation with an illogical mindset I will quite this game.

I think It was the most retarded thing ever to go by killcount when LVL C-rank enemies score the same as S-ranks.

If they make S-ranks worth 5 times to 1 C-rank creature than YES, I will love to play an event as such. However, If I find that after 3 years all this game has to offer is dumb, illogical, and numb-minded spamming of missions over and over again with no rational rewards other than luck, which most certainly will randomly end up in the hands of a nub in the party I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME AGIAN.

It would be like an abusive relationship with empty promises.

I would rather play Diablo III, a game where the developers are not retarded and have excellent customer/community support.

I loved PSO, and I thought PSU would start on a similar platform and go from there. But it seems that this game has so many setbacks that It surely will be forgotten and end up a barren waste land if they don’t get on the ball and make this game worthwhile to play, especially for 10$ a month.

We’ll see how Aug turns out, but I hope for my sake/sega’s/and everyone that plays this game that someone will come along that actually gives a damn about it, and make this game what it should’ve been day 1.

LOL!!! Now do I feel nostalgic. Reminds me of Blue Burst. But I think these events are good overall, they get the community together, and make a goal of things with big rewards. Good stuff.

BUT, this is not to say I am against new content that's non-event.:)

Powder Keg
Aug 14, 2008, 12:36 AM
Ugh, completely agree. MAG bored me after the first weekend, nostalgia can only take you so far.

Thanks for relaying the info as always.

QFT, although I still invite the experience. MP and moniez

I'd prefer the next event to have multiple missions.

Nirvash7
Aug 14, 2008, 04:06 AM
Yeah, events like these bring EVERYONE together. The machinegun glitchers, boss box booters, scrubs that pick everything up (even booma claws), idiots that make the bil de vears spin while I'm stunned, greedy people that want badges and say "I'll do clean up!", and people that just don't follow the rules at all.

Finalzone
Aug 14, 2008, 04:27 AM
fire break would be fun but i thnk if they have something like 1up would be better.
3 different mission so we ahve a variety and then a special mission where the drops are increased and we ahve a set time limit with the special end mission.

What about Ice Break. I never hear a similar event when the Seed cause the field to be frozen. I agree the game needs more mission and expand a bit more (more cities explorations, airboard race, etc).

RadiantLegend
Aug 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
A game that depends on events...

Soon the players will be if not already spoiled by these events and it only goes downhill from here.

darkante
Aug 14, 2008, 10:25 AM
also, anyone miss how chromatic and vibrant the old red boxes used to be? it was like the sight of blood, it got your heart pumping. now the new "rares" have this washed out, slightly rusty color.....

Ohh hell yeah, awesome feeling.
S-rank rares should really have some extra effect to the drop, like maybe a board which is white and sparkles alot.
Just to think, AHA nice!

Now you can really can´t tell shit from gold at first glance, losing tha special feeling. :S

What about Ice Break. I never hear a similar event when the Seed cause the field to be frozen. I agree the game needs more mission and expand a bit more (more cities explorations, airboard race, etc).

I would LOOVE that, is it really that hard to bring out the old Absolute Zero Mission you might think.
Segac are a couple of mushrooms...XD

Dark Phoenix
Aug 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, events like these bring EVERYONE together. The machinegun glitchers, boss box booters, scrubs that pick everything up (even booma claws), idiots that make the bil de vears spin while I'm stunned, greedy people that want badges and say "I'll do clean up!", and people that just don't follow the rules at all.

I agree thats why i try to run with ppl i know. but when i join random parties its almost as bad as COD4 noobs. I just have bad luck with random parties i guess. AND i hate how poeple assume that techers have to heal them everytime they get hurt and those ppl get hurt every 5 seconds, to let ppl know i really dont its an option not a requirment >.< .anyways i can get over it just ranting out loud^^

furrypaws
Aug 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
Maybe by event similar to MAG, they mean they're going to remake EP2.

One can only hope. ^_^

Powder Keg
Aug 14, 2008, 05:55 PM
Why couldn't they do what they did in PSO and have most of the event missions available after they're over without the rewards etc? I know they're doing this for MAG, but who the hell is going to run that when it's over?

mvffin
Aug 15, 2008, 12:19 AM
I would seriously go for some firebreak missions if they slip those into the 5th floor counter.

Nirvash7
Aug 15, 2008, 03:39 AM
LOL! Anyone remember how many times Neudaiz was purified over?

One of these days we're supposed to get Program DF added to the 5h floor.

I'd like to see more objective-based missions instead of these fucking "time trial" runs like every other mission in the game is.

Soukosa
Aug 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
LOL! Anyone remember how many times Neudaiz was purified over?So purified that it completely lost all imperfections and vanished from this world :wacko:

I'd like to see more objective-based missions instead of these fucking "time trial" runs like every other mission in the game is.The 2nd STD mission involved keeping enemies outside of a marked area on the map. Was quite fun but my friends were more like "gib rarz nao" and so I didn't get to do it much (it sucks doing it solo, trust me).

Nai_Calus
Aug 15, 2008, 12:24 PM
I really wish they'd make the STD missions available like MAG' and Program DF' are. They were fun, especially the second one that I didn't get to do enough of.

And yes please, god, no more events like MAG. Mission was never good. Too long, boring, pain in the ass, only one there was, just no.

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
agreed, at first i was psyched to play the MAG mission, (I was gone from PSU for 7 months, missed MAG1) and the first few days were cool for me, cause I hadn't played the PSO levels in about 2 years, since swapping BB for PSU.

but yea, so freaking drab, and boring. and they took out my favorite level, mines 2...

give us more varied levels. more varying baddie spawns, and swap out music and levels for missions, so we can do the same mission 4 times, and every time is different.....

Tiyr
Aug 15, 2008, 01:49 PM
I just wish they'd leave in the event missions in some form, like what they're doing for MAG. I mean, they already made the content, and some of it's a hell of a lot more interesting / fun than the kill -> kill -> kill missions that are always there. I missed Firebreak, and there's -nothing- currently in the game like it. Why make your most interesting content inherently temporary?

buzyb77
Aug 16, 2008, 02:47 PM
Tiyr.. it will still be around in a LESSER form....White beast Here every one comes again... this time were all 140.... and angry...you wont like us when were angry...