PDA

View Full Version : HUD question, top right corner

ChubbySpartan
Jul 26, 2008, 01:58 PM
I have a really crap TV, and whenever I'm in the GUARDIANS colony, I see a little Green/Red thing in the top right corner, can someone tell me what this is please? I'm a newb and only have the demo.... plz understand.

chaoskila
Jul 26, 2008, 02:03 PM
lol i dont even know what it is and i played this game since it came out.
ummm i thnk its for lag? like ping
i could be rong

pikachief
Jul 26, 2008, 02:04 PM
i beleive that is jsut the red and green arrows point up and down. the one pointing up is showing that its sending data to the servers and the one pointing down means your getting data
u can only se ethem if u havea big TV really

so it doesnt matter at all what they are lol

Dragwind
Jul 26, 2008, 06:51 PM
Yes, pikachief is right. They are symbols showing the data being sent and received between you and the server. I forget which one is which though.

goldbrease
Jul 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
up means your sending/uploading data, down means your reciveing downloading data.
there can be times when your killing a horde of mobs and neither will be in that box in the corner. and there are times when you are sitting in your room doing nothing for and hour and the arrows are flashing like the data is moving like a raging rapids.

a note if you see the upload arrow flashing but no download arrow and your lagging, not dealing the mobs damage and they are running around like mad attacking you like crazy then your probably going to crash.

ChubbySpartan
Jul 26, 2008, 09:12 PM
thanks guys, it was bugging me

one more, when i click the left stick, sometimes next to peoples names (and mine) there are sparkles, and some are gold sparkles
like this

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6097/image031hw8.jpg

plz explain

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
http://psupedia.info/Photon_Fortune

ChubbySpartan
Jul 26, 2008, 09:16 PM
thx a million, im done

Pop TaRt
Jul 26, 2008, 09:16 PM
chubby spartan THAH is luck it depends on how much luck u have for a better chance at rare drops

bLOODSAW
Jul 27, 2008, 12:01 AM
chubby spartan THAH is luck it depends on how much luck u have for a better chance at rare drops

Wrong. It increases the chance of an enemy dropping anything. It has absolutely no effect on what they actually drop.