PDA

View Full Version : PSO worth playing?

Jasmineflower
Jan 28, 2003, 02:01 PM
I use play PSO long time ago myself when it first came out for dreamcast. I was hooked and ended up spending a lot my free time playing the game and making fan art(a lot which use post on this site). Ended up importing PSO v2 when first came out in Japan but soon after I found myself getting bored with constant cheats, gaming mechanics, etc.

I am now considering buying X-box/gamecube and playing PSO once again. Wondering if new version contains a lot the fun that the preivous versions held and is it honestly worth the money?

Thanks for any answers ;D

Skuld_0
Jan 28, 2003, 02:05 PM
that is really up to you, you should go read on all the stuff thyat has been added and see for your self if you think that it is worthy of you playing agian... i know that i don't have any of the new versions and im gettin the x-box version and to me its worth it.but thats only cuz i read up on it and it has what i need...so go decide for your self...lol

Raist
Jan 28, 2003, 02:07 PM
It's pretty much the same game with different weapon graphics, better rare drop rate, and aside from duping no current cheating. And unless you want to import, no keyboard. All and all still worth buying by a long shot. Hope you decide to try it out.

Edit: oh and of course the 2 new playable characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-01-28 11:08 ]</font>

BWS-1
Jan 28, 2003, 02:15 PM
Well, the game mechanics are pretty much the same ... so if you were mostly bored and sick of the game because of that factor (like me) you probably shouldn't go for the Xbox or GC version. Besides, as for now, it seems safer to wander around the DC servers and play ver2 then get a GC and epi2. Who wants to be stuck starting over again 7 times a week? The DC DID have some file coruption problems but now ... to the list of annoying things about PSO, you can remove cheating, but you'll have to add constant technical problems (worst then PSO ver1 before they did anything about it, remember, back in the BSOD days?)

My advice?, come with me on the DC ver2 and join me in a game. I'm thinking about buying an other DC HL ... even if I dought it's still possible, but first I gotta repare my DC -_-.

Skuld_0
Jan 28, 2003, 02:18 PM
i would go back to the dc one..but i can't reset the serial number or anythng i can't ever find out how on the little phone thing... its so annying cuz i wanna play version 2...

Jasmineflower
Jan 28, 2003, 02:21 PM
thanx for fast response.

My Dreamcast is pretty dead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not really wanting go through finding a new one again.

I read up quite bit on it though have hard time remember certain items, gameplay elemets, etc after 2 years. I did manage find my old fanart website but forgot password so only looking at it from outside ; From most what read on forums seems somewhat positive and I find very few online games with positive message boards. Usually the people that make online game fun too ;D So more likely end up giving this try. Hope see you online soon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

No keyboard? ; Always had keyboard for my dreamcast. I dont know how could stand using my controller to type things in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jasmineflower on 2003-01-28 11:24 ]</font>

Raist
Jan 28, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-01-28 11:21, Jasmineflower wrote:
thanx for fast response.

I read up quite bit on it though have hard time remember certain items, gameplay elemets, etc after 2 years. I did manage find my old fanart website but forgot password so only looking at it from outside ; From most what read on forums seems somewhat positive and I find very few online games with positive message boards. Usually the people that make online game fun too ;D So more likely end up giving this try. Hope see you online soon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

No keyboard? ; Always had keyboard for my dreamcast. I dont know how could stand using my controller to type things in.

sweet deal, someone developed a keyboard adapter kit for use with a PS2 keyboard or you could just import the ASCII, if you're interested read up in the Keyboard Info Thread Sticky. Hope to see ya online soon.

BWS-1
Jan 28, 2003, 03:25 PM
On 2003-01-28 11:21, Jasmineflower wrote:

My Dreamcast is pretty dead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not really wanting go through finding a new one again.

O well, I hope you'll have fun on GC PSO. Maybe in a few years, somewhere in 2007, we'll play together on a next-gen console with a super cool PSO Epi5 ver8 hehe

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 28, 2003, 04:31 PM
As a former DC player myself, I can relate to your dilema.

ST let cheating get way too rampant on the DC versions, which is one of the reasons I didn't bother picking up the GCN version (And I really have no desire to plop down $70 for a bba and modem on the hopes Nintendo would make other online games).

However, I'm getting it on xbox. But we have little to no information about its release.

I figure, even I stay offline and play by myself (Something I actually enjoy), the $40 price tag isnt breaking the bank. I mean, I've got a live kit anyways...so unless the rumored fee (again, we honestly dont know if there is or isnt one) is outrageously priced...I'll be there.

I'm just interested to see how Microsoft is going to handle potential "problems" on the servers. My guess is they'll send out black and neon green assassins to take care of the "problems".

Jasmineflower
Jan 28, 2003, 05:18 PM
all out stock everywhere I check(have wait till Saturday for Bestbuy to get it) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so must be doing good judging from sales of gamecube version.

BeatZero
Jan 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
i got the GC version because i missed the DC version. i sold my dreamcast a while ago (at the time didnt want to pay to play). but when i saw it out for GC i snatched one up ASAP and a BBA a week after, and with my keyboard coming next week ill be having great fun!