PDA

View Full Version : Mimic Doll

Tsang
Jul 27, 2008, 07:42 AM
The description of the doll says that she will mimic your mouth motions when you interact with her. I just got one and can't seem to get this to work. Has anyone else got to work or does it even work?

Rust
Jul 27, 2008, 07:53 AM
Actually, you have to interact with it first (your character will do something looking like he's petting the doll or some stuff like that), then try speaking right after.
The mimic doll should move her mouth, and the chat bubbles you are inputting should come out of her mouth instead of coming from you, for every single line of text you're writing from now.

Interact with it again to stop the effect.

(Not sure I've been very clear. :wacko:)

Tsang
Jul 27, 2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks you were right, I just wasn't doing it fast enough.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
You can also use the cut-in chat feature with it....when you do that the text appears from your character like normal, this doesn't undo the mimic doll though...so the next time you type in something without a cut-in it will come from the doll...techinicaly, you could use it talk to yourself.

cel
Jul 27, 2008, 03:29 PM
yeah i'll admit i was doing this and didn't notice at first.

I kept thinking I was doing it wrong because I saw nothing happen but then when I got it and saw her head bob up and down mockingly, it was worth a good laugh.