PDA

View Full Version : AotI Best Race And Why?

Zelos
Jul 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
Hey guys just wanna get your idea's on whats your fav race and why no flaming other race's please!! have fun :D

Kizeragi
Jul 27, 2008, 09:57 AM
Human Supremacy!...

What? Humans can do anything, despite being underated.

Zelos
Jul 27, 2008, 10:02 AM
I picked Human because i can be every class and not have to worry about being very low on the status + i get a Boune's ponits for being a hybird class =]

Tetsaru
Jul 27, 2008, 10:32 AM
I'd say CAST's overall, due to their high accuracy and attack power, and then Newmans for their techs and evasion. Both races also look pretty cool, imo. :3

landman
Jul 27, 2008, 10:36 AM
Beast, accuracy is not a problem being a ranger class, and their power is the highest

DAMASCUS
Jul 27, 2008, 10:37 AM
Beast are simple and straightforward ass kickers. They can do some magic if they have to. Their Nanoblast is extremely useful to say the least.

The only downside is the low ATA which makes them frustrating for hybrid classes.

Syaoran_69
Jul 27, 2008, 10:41 AM
Cast supremacy. Also, I might add that when you were going to vote on something before the forums were updated it said "Cast vote!" supporting my idea that casts reign supreme, but it doesn't anymore making me think that there was some form of beast uprising.(Humans don't exist, neither do newman's"

GaNksTa
Jul 27, 2008, 10:49 AM
Normally I would have said Beast.. but now that I look at my characters, I have more CASTs than Beasts...

R2D6battlebot
Jul 27, 2008, 10:49 AM
I say Casts are the best, because they are.

ashley50
Jul 27, 2008, 10:56 AM
oh shi-...Race Wars...AGAIN!

CAST SUPREMACY! Its Technology that surpasses any Fleshie Races' abilities.
New SUVs come out once in awhile...
Not as Powerful as a Beast but they do Good Damage.
Unique appearance among any race.

Also Newmans...coz they are セクシー Female ones that is ;l

relentless
Jul 27, 2008, 11:02 AM
Race War!

Newman for me. Why? They're hot. And Techers are underrated.
Next would be CASTs for Rai's sake. :)

Also I like teh Human Supremacy.. but it's going down slowly. ;o

And about Beasts... :lol: :disapprove:

dentRED
Jul 27, 2008, 11:14 AM
i would have to go with the BEAST because of power, defense and hp.
thats all i want... just power overall.

bLOODSAW
Jul 27, 2008, 11:25 AM
Human. Why? Versatility. I have gotten every class to 20 on my human and I can honestly say never once did I ever feel gimped or underpowered.

BigshowPat
Jul 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
Humans all the way! May not be the best at the classes but they do ALL classes well.

Xefi
Jul 27, 2008, 11:30 AM
it depends on how you like to play, really. Since i like to use spells and stay behind the line a lot, the best races to me are the ones with good traits for that.

This is my favorite (not others):

1st: Newmans because they are best in magic.
2nd: Cast because they have SUV.
3rd: Beast because they have nanoblast. I'm not a melee person.
4th: Human...i really tried playing one, but i couldn't hang in there. I do like playing human as a protranser though.

Telina
Jul 27, 2008, 11:34 AM
I was pretty sure that everyone reached the agreement that race doesn't mean squat in the long run. All that race lends to this game is suv/nanoblast and the retarted race specific weapons, crea, hons, kan yu's.

Race is an illusion just like ST's update schedule. Sure its there and if you want to look hard enough you'll see it, but in the end noone who's opinion matters gives a damn about it.

Kizeragi
Jul 27, 2008, 11:35 AM
Race War!

Newman for me. Why? They're hot. And Techers are underrated.
Next would be CASTs for Rai's sake. :)

Also I like teh Human Supremacy.. but it's going down slowly. ;o

And about Beasts... :lol: :disapprove:

Lies. Humans won't ever go down. <_<

Kylie
Jul 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
Beast is the best atheistically and strength-wise for me.

Especially for my playstyle because I adore combat.

Zelos
Jul 27, 2008, 11:40 AM
Well snice there a little bit of flaming going on Humans do look the best and they look better in clothes

Tessu
Jul 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
CAST.
CASTs have a lot of accuracy so they make great gunners, but also a lot of ATP so they make great fighters. Better than Beasts.
They're a bit lacking in the magical strength department, but I prefer fighters/gunners.

(And no, I've never been a fighgunner. xD)

Eyce_Theon
Jul 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
Humans, for top versatility and style.

Tessu
Jul 27, 2008, 11:42 AM
I find that humans are too bland for me when it comes to looks. T_T; I've never played one, and any I did, it didn't last past level 1.

Zelos
Jul 27, 2008, 11:45 AM
I love casts to but humans my main game =]

gryphonvii
Jul 27, 2008, 11:46 AM
Mexicans!!!!... oh in psu? I'd go with a tie between casts and humans as the two most versatile races.

dc534
Jul 27, 2008, 11:50 AM
Depends on what you play as. Beast FF hands down destroys all runs. High % axe, Jabroken, and maybe one spear for backup. I personally do not even play FF with my Beast I play FiG.

I also still play my Human GT, if only for soloing robot filled runs, such as Desert Goliath, and whatever that neudaiz version is.

Zarode
Jul 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
I THINK IT ARE MINE BECAUSE I PLAY IT LOL

Tulio07
Jul 27, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cast. All the stats you actually want are very good (for non techers that is) and they get SUV's.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 27, 2008, 12:02 PM
CAST is the best, but it's not my favorite.

Cast. All the stats you actually want are very good (for non techers that is) and they get SUV's.

It's not as bad as you think. CAST acrotecher is very efficient. Fortetecher might not do the biggest tech numbers, but with proper PA levels and a good psycho wand, they're no slouches.

autumn
Jul 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
I voted CAST because they give you the most individual look if you want to go non-fleshie. They also sport SUV weapons whick I prefer over nanoblasts anyday. Nanos are just... weird, particularly on female beasts. I also like gunning and teching over pure smashing anyday.

chaoskila
Jul 27, 2008, 12:54 PM
newman.
because they look the coolest duh duh.

Poncho_Jr
Jul 27, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'd have to say none. To be the best, you have to excel at everything perfectly.
There is not one class who can excel at everything.
And I'm not talking about Humans being half-assed.
To be the best, you have to have an A in each stat category.

NDW
Jul 27, 2008, 01:29 PM
All races are the best, just depends on which type you choose for your race to be the best.

DarkEliteRico
Jul 27, 2008, 01:46 PM
CAST for damn sure, more options and variations great as gunners and fighters

Aorre
Jul 27, 2008, 01:47 PM
Paradi is a nice addition to the game, and CAST uses it, so I vote CAST.

It all comes down to Beast vs. Cast, though.

Danny_Dark
Jul 27, 2008, 02:17 PM
All races are the best, just depends on which type you choose for your race to be the best.

Agreed ! Because I have all 4 Races, But my Main is a HUMAN.

Ezodagrom
Jul 27, 2008, 02:31 PM
*Votes Newman*
Don't care about stats, just like newman appearance more :>

Shinko
Jul 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
Mm... i'm not sure.... there was a time when i was like cast are the best, then i said humans.

I really like newman's appearance a lot. (the best looking race to me.... well the female newman that is) But since i like playing melee more then anything.. beast should be my fav. but.... you have to go though a lot to make them look cute (not saying that you can't but it's much easier to make a cute human cast and especially newman then a cute beast)

Maybe i'm just to much into the appearance lol....
but if i had to pick overall i'll say humans because they just so balance
but if i was going by appearance i'll say newmans

darkante
Jul 27, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cast...They stand out a bit then the rest with their SUV = Quick to wipeout power move.
And they got highest accuracy.
Cast, i dunno i think have some hidden fetish for robots rofl.
Casts are just badass IMO.

cel
Jul 27, 2008, 05:25 PM
cast supremacy is a joke

give me a power drill with some bits and i'll show you supreme spare parts.

if they get antsy, there's always an emp pulse to get the job done.

pikachief
Jul 27, 2008, 05:27 PM
beast because their weakest class is a techer and casts are worse at that lol

Kismet
Jul 27, 2008, 05:31 PM
I like casts best because of SUVs. NO other reason. D:

Shinko
Jul 27, 2008, 06:09 PM
cast supremacy is a joke

give me a power drill with some bits and i'll show you supreme spare parts.

if they get antsy, there's always an emp pulse to get the job done.

lol my friend was just talking about how cast could take over if they wanted and i said two words.... emp pulse.... if anything cast would be the easy ppl to take out lol.

I like all the races though. each have there own uniqueness.

amtalx
Jul 27, 2008, 06:25 PM
lol my friend was just talking about how cast could take over if they wanted and i said two words.... emp pulse.... if anything cast would be the easy ppl to take out lol.

I like all the races though. each have there own uniqueness.

Suprise! That EMP generator is actually a Cast in disguise.

*A New Challenger Appears*

Pneumatic piston to the jugular crits you for 9999 damage.

I hope you had scape dolls.

pikachief
Jul 27, 2008, 06:40 PM
Suprise! That EMP generator is actually a Cast in disguise.

*A New Challenger Appears*

Pneumatic piston to the jugular crits you for 9999 damage.

I hope you had scape dolls.

GENO WHIRL! 9999!!!!

oh wait i forgot he's a cast too! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!! T_T

Miyuki-chan
Jul 27, 2008, 06:49 PM
Newman Females, I have 2 of them ;p (besides, the males don't count)

Mewnie
Jul 27, 2008, 08:47 PM
Well, Beasts are the greatest, naturally! We're beautiful and powerful :3

In terms of front-line, Casts and Beasts are roughly the same. Casts take a bit less damage, and Beasts just absorb more punishment.

Casts do get the advantage with SUV. As I reached the higher levels, I've found myself using my nanoblast less and less. It becomes too situational, and the only good ones are the pure attack (and hope you have someone to heal you) or the invincible blast (I use the invincible one, as I don't have to worry about having another techer babysit me).

Newmans are masters of tech, hands down, and aren't that bad at melee. They compare more favourably to melee versus Casts and Beasts than the latter do versus Newmans in tech damage, that's for sure X3

Humans are underrated. I wish I had as many preferred classes! I'm stuck with just FF, which is such a bland class to play X3

Vickie
Jul 27, 2008, 08:51 PM
Cast Because Vickie is a Robot (CAST) thats the only reason

Kylie
Jul 27, 2008, 08:57 PM
I find that humans are too bland for me when it comes to looks. T_T; I've never played one, and any I did, it didn't last past level 1.
Their look is fine for me. I started my main as a human when I didn't want to be too "different." The reason I deleted mine is because their skills are bland. It's pointless to be something that isn't good or bad at anything when all you want to do is combat, and I've never looked back. :wacko:

Adora
Jul 27, 2008, 08:59 PM
I have one of each and I love them all for different reasons. My favorites are probably my Newman and Human because I love teching and my human is so versatile. Cast would be 3rd because I love the SUV and ATA and ATP is nice but their MST sucks! Beasts would be 4th but its only because I dont really like the Nanoblast. I seem to miss a lot but its probably me. Beasts ATP and DFP rock tho so I have fun with her as well. Oh I just dont know...

Darklighter
Jul 27, 2008, 10:32 PM
I like beast the best. I like getting right in the monsters face and beast are great at it. The nanoblast is cool(I just use the invincible one as I am either alone or playing with a non techer 9 out of 10 times) and can get you out of a jam. Next would be cast as they are about just as awesome as beast and the SUV can be really nice. I'd put human at third as there ok. Nothing special though. I'd rate neuman dead stinkin last. I really do not like using attack techs(support techs I love though but ur TP does not really matter for them) and everywhere else the kind of suck.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 27, 2008, 10:58 PM
I'm a newman, who does techs and bullets, and a little melee. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a human and Cast serving me; the superior newman :D

My lousy male bot, ANA is only for melee, and the SUV is a nice touch.
And female melee is lame. Much cooler looking with guns anyway. :P . That's why ANA is male.
Melee is boring so I treat him like crap, funny thing is he has the most S ranks O_O

I didn't want a Cast for the gunner role, it's overdone plus I didn't want another Cast. So my 2nd servant is a human. I had my doubts at first because of the weaker stats, but realized it didn't really matter. SE's override base stats. I ended up putting a lot of my fortetecher time aside for her, and made her my secondary. Probably the only female human fortegunner most people will ever see :D

For the last spot.....................um. All 3 fighting styles are taken. Sorry Beast, you don't deserve to serve me. And I don't like looks of Nanoblasts. The 4th space is another newman :P

My preference in order:
1. Newman
2. Human
3. Cast
4. Beast

Astarin
Jul 27, 2008, 11:03 PM
Newman. I have a horrible, shameful weakness for the ears. And I'm a magic user at heart.

Zorafim
Jul 28, 2008, 12:00 AM
Another one of these? Oh well, this one doesn't seem that bad...

My vote would have to go to cast. Stat wise, they can do most melee jobs better than humans can, and can support as well as any other class with techs due to most support techs not being reliant on TP. The only thing they're inferior at is tech damage, which is already the weakest form of damage by popular consensus (I need to get some personal experience to see if this is true). In a tight situation, they can also take out at least one spawn of enemies with a well placed SUV.

And though this is only an opinion, and cannot be backed by any facts, I also prefer their visuals to the other races. I prefer characters who are based off humans, but have enough decoration on them to keep them interesting. The other races share the same clothing styles, which are already bare and basic. They also don't have anything on them to keep them interesting (though one may argue that beasts have too much decoration on them, making them too animalistic for people to relate to). Casts, however, have enough decoration to keep them interesting without completely alienating the viewer, unless they have a cast head. And even so, they maintain an interesting and unique charm to them that the other races don't have.

DreXxiN
Jul 28, 2008, 12:40 AM
Beast.

Most ATP, hardly miss even as FF. Fortegunner just has so much ATA from the class bonus that it doesn't even matter if you are a Beast, You will still do more damage than Cast gunners, and probably still not miss.

Also, maybe don't go fortetecher with them, but they are still better than CAST's at hybrid classes in terms of Guntecher/Acrotecher/Wartecher IN MY OPINION, because their TP is still high enough to do decent damage (If you know what your're doing).

Say for instance you play AT, well your TP doesn't really matter anyway. Support techs for the most part are equally as effective regardless, but with whips or single weps, you'll still be able to do more than any other race would as that class while supporting equally as well.

There's an exception to this rule for a very few things for me, one of them would be Running True Darkness S2 and MAG, I do with a Cast because of Paradi.

Even after all of this, I still love my Human because I was a RAmar in PSU, and I like his looks more than any other character. :).

That's my two cents.

Inazuma
Jul 28, 2008, 02:09 AM
is the OP asking for the "best" race or our "favorite" one? guess ill answer both.

the best race is beast b/c he can kill monsters the fastest.
my favorite race is newman b/c i love using techs.

ThaiSoup
Jul 28, 2008, 02:15 AM
Surprised this hasn't turned into like, a flame war. My favorite is conflicted really, between cast and beast. Cast because SuV = Room rape. Beast because the overall damage.

Seority
Jul 28, 2008, 02:26 AM
I'd say the best race, for now, is CASTS due to the godly Paradi.
I like beasts the best for they produce the highest numbers. ^^
Out of humans/nemans, I'd say humans have the better advantage since they take no negitives to anything, with slight bonus to hybred classes.
Newmans have slight disadvantages in most things, but a huge bonus in techers. So, while the other races can do well, or at least decent, in most classes, Newmans are slightly stuck with teching.

mvffin
Jul 28, 2008, 02:34 AM
Cast is obviously superior for speedruns, but I like beasts and newmans too. The character I play the most is my beast, but I rarely nano, because its just not worth it to me.

darkante
Jul 28, 2008, 03:44 AM
is the OP asking for the "best" race or our "favorite" one? guess ill answer both.

the best race is beast b/c he can kill monsters the fastest.
my favorite race is newman b/c i love using techs.

He probably aims for favorite really i think.
Otherwise everyone would almost say beast all the time.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 28, 2008, 03:58 AM
I just like humans. Dunno why. Don't want furries Beasts or not elves Newmans.

Don't even get me started on Casts, they look rediculous now.

*NOTE: This is not a flamebait post, these are just my honest opnions.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 28, 2008, 04:02 AM
S.E.E.D.

xBladeM6x
Jul 28, 2008, 05:07 AM
1: Beast (M) - Power and basically tanks, and i love Nanoblast. :D (Also i love to be able to completely overkill the hell out of a mob)

2: Newman (F) - Because they are Hot looking, and I Love My Techer.

3: CAST (M) - Balance Power and Accuracy. Also, Paradi.

4: Human (-) - Mostly because i wanted to have the Best of all worlds and therefore i have a Beast, Cast, and Newman to do my Fighting, Gunning and Teching.

Took a little extra work to get 3 characters at level cap, but oh well. It's worth it. Plus... There is just something about Humans i just really dislike. :disapprove:

Oh and because it makes me cool and everyone is doing it -

RACE WARS!!!!!!!!! :disapprove: /sarcasm

xAmrit
Jul 28, 2008, 05:34 AM
Newmans, Magic FTW!!

Alia
Jul 28, 2008, 05:48 AM
humans, because they're not ugly mutants.

WHAT NOW!? :p

The_Brimada
Jul 28, 2008, 06:16 AM
1. CAST - Most unique looking of all IMO, and I personally think the SUV makes all the difference. ATP isn't bad at all and ATA is the cream of the crop. My only irk about CAST is I can't make their skintone non pale or alien for (humanoid form)
2. Beast - Looks wise I actually like Beast best and nanoblast is great(male nano anyway)
3. Human - Can do everything and not suck at it, but lack of something special
4. Newman - I like the way they look(the females) but I hate teching, and though they can hit well I dislike their lack of physical power.

Arika
Jul 28, 2008, 06:18 AM
There is no best race.
it is all depend on how you use and how you think.
"Best" definition can be either strongest, coolest, personal prefer, etc.

Is the fastest TA = best? If so, which mission you refer to TA?
Is the cool looking = best? you prefer longer or shorter ear?
Are you enjoy nanoblast? or prefer SUV?
You like to play many classes? or just single?

you have to ask yourself which one is your best. That is the answer.

Opy
Jul 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
OUT-OF-CONTROL
CASTS!!!!

Dreadbiter
Jul 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
I really enjoy playing my beast. (that sounds kinda dirty) Anyway, i just enjoy being able to walk into a crowd and kick the crap out of everything in grabbing distance, without having to worry about taking too much damage.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
Newmans [with Repcas] FTW!!

Fixed

AweOfShe
Jul 28, 2008, 12:36 PM
My favorite is Newman, because they are awesome at everything. Followed by Cast, because they look neat.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 28, 2008, 12:37 PM
Cast
Human
Newman
Beast
Koltova

Para
Jul 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cast (practical, can look sexy/cute, good all around aside techers)
Newmans (can look cute/sexy, fun, challenging, best techers)
Fur...beasts/Humans

unicorn
Jul 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
1. CAST : SUV, makes great hunters, rangers, annd best-looking techers.
2. Beasts: brokenly good at hunting classes
3. Human: Just look nice.
4. Newman: Male humans are just downright ugly.... I dunno, they have a bigger eyebrow bone than other males (from what I've noticed). Female Newmans look decent too, but I think they all look alike... >_>

thunder-ray
Jul 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
1. Casts: I like the suv's, their ATP, ATA and DFP make them decent fighters, They get a bonus for being Fortegunners and i like the parts they have for casts.

2. Newmans: Their high MST and TP make them magic tanks, They get a bonus as a Fortetecher and they look like elfs with pointy ears which own >:3

3. Beasts: They are melee tanks, nanoblast owns and they look pretty cool (sorry I dont have much too say about beasts since I rarely use my beast alt >.<)

4. Humans: I really wouldnt know much about a human since I never bothered to make one. I have two casts, a beast and a newman. The only reason I would even bother to make a human would be to play as a PT since their stats would be perfect for that class. If sega decided to gives us two more character making slots then I would probaly make two human alts for hybrid classes. One would be a PT while the other would be a GT based off of my old char from pso. Humans are ok but they would be the last race I would probaly try.

xgp
Jul 28, 2008, 02:08 PM
cast all the way all thay need is an up grad so thay cam Transform in to air bords and there all set

Fiohna
Jul 28, 2008, 03:43 PM
Humans are the best because you need to work hard to pull your weight regardless of type (except FF). Wait...