PDA

View Full Version : Lvl for S rank MAG

doomkilledu
Jul 27, 2008, 07:01 PM
just a question but what lvl do you have to be to do S rank MAG missions?

Turb0
Jul 27, 2008, 07:06 PM
I think it was 80.

EDIT: Yeah, 80. (http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_G)

HiroChicken
Jul 27, 2008, 07:07 PM
You have to be level 80 and the enemies will be level 140+. It should give out a ton of money, too!

Kizeragi
Jul 27, 2008, 07:08 PM
80+ to join, 140+ creatures.

It's a great mission on S, loads of epic drops etc.
Sadly I wont be enjoying it much. :/...

ashley50
Jul 27, 2008, 07:11 PM
80+ to join, 140+ creatures.

It's a great mission on S, loads of epic drops etc.
Sadly I wont be enjoying it much. :/...

Why? ;l

Kizeragi
Jul 27, 2008, 07:13 PM
Why? ;l

*Points to location*

<_<

I'll prob play S at some point though, I'd like to cap Kiz. ^^;

ashley50
Jul 27, 2008, 07:15 PM
oh :o...

uhm...have fun? ...i think? :l

Kizeragi
Jul 27, 2008, 07:15 PM
oh :o...

uhm...have fun? ...i think? :l

I'll try xD...
No doubt I'll be bored after the first day lol.

Turb0
Jul 27, 2008, 07:17 PM
I'll probably do my ~85% C, ~15% w/e rank split again, that wasn't too bad. Although I think I'm going to try to go harder near the beginning so I can relax later on in the event. That didn't quite happen with the first one.

Kizeragi
Jul 27, 2008, 07:31 PM
I'll probably do my ~85% C, ~15% w/e rank split again, that wasn't too bad. Although I think I'm going to try to go harder near the beginning so I can relax later on in the event. That didn't quite happen with the first one.

That's what I'm aiming to do lol.
I'd just do S for the whole event but I wasn't able to get my second Needle, so that comes first, I guess. ;l

doomkilledu
Jul 27, 2008, 07:52 PM
ok cause i was told that it was 100 and i've been kicking my ass to get to it before friday. But i'm sure there will be mag missions that you have to be 100 for right?

Will_Nonheim
Jul 27, 2008, 08:00 PM
I've basically been missioning constantly to level my guy up to 80 myself. Currently at 69 after 10 days of playing, not too shabby. But the question is-- if you're only 80, will anyone actually dare party with you? Or will they just go "lol, ur 2 week, we get our lvl 140 buddy instead"? :S

Turb0
Jul 27, 2008, 08:39 PM
ok cause i was told that it was 100 and i've been kicking my ass to get to it before friday. But i'm sure there will be mag missions that you have to be 100 for right?

The highest requirement for MAG is 80, there's nothing above that.

I've basically been missioning constantly to level my guy up to 80 myself. Currently at 69 after 10 days of playing, not too shabby. But the question is-- if you're only 80, will anyone actually dare party with you? Or will they just go "lol, ur 2 week, we get our lvl 140 buddy instead"? :S

It depends. There will be the elitists who only want capped people in the party, but I'm sure there will be parties of people like you who barely reach the required level as well. If I don't have anything to do, I'll often join a party with people around the requirement to help them out if they need it.

doomkilledu
Jul 27, 2008, 09:39 PM
The highest requirement for MAG is 80, there's nothing above that..

Well thank you very much for that info, i just didnt know and considering this was going to be my first time doing it i wanted the full experience of it. Thanx again ^^

CelestialBlade
Jul 27, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'll probably do mostly S with my friends, but much like last time, I'll certainly be willing to help my friends that are going for a Spread Needle with their C runs. Ended up being about 70/30 in favor of S runs last time around, so I expect it to be roughly the same this time.

Adora
Jul 27, 2008, 09:44 PM
If you cant find the answer to your questions on this site always try psupedia and the main PSU website. Utilizing all 3 is the only way Ive stayed in the game so far. It can be hard when you first start out and I still have so many questions! :D

doomkilledu
Jul 27, 2008, 10:02 PM
If you cant find the answer to your questions on this site always try psupedia and the main PSU website. Utilizing all 3 is the only way Ive stayed in the game so far. It can be hard when you first start out and I still have so many questions! :D

^^ thanks

Adora
Jul 27, 2008, 10:06 PM
^^ thanks

Anytime! I still feel like such a noob sometimes and Ive been playing almost a year. If I didnt have these sites I wouldnt have gotten as far as I have. They are very helpful and I make it a habit to check all 3 everyday before I start playing. It's also nice to know which character has luck on that day so you know who to start with :D

Will_Nonheim
Jul 27, 2008, 10:18 PM
Well, I just do hope the PC/PS2 crowd will be helpful. I need those S runs despite my weakness.... :S I mean... Sure, it lessens the party a bit to have a lower level guy around, but is it that bad on MAG S? I didn't get to take part in MAG 1 (not even 2 weeks of activity in the PS2 version at this time) so I figure I badly need those S runs-- both for the drops (I'm decked in As. Most people I party with have plenty of S ranks I can't even come close to affording) and moreso, the EXP (to do runs to get better items to start with :D).
So I figure it's what I -need-.

Adora
Jul 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
Well, I just do hope the PC/PS2 crowd will be helpful. I need those S runs despite my weakness.... :S I mean... Sure, it lessens the party a bit to have a lower level guy around, but is it that bad on MAG S? I didn't get to take part in MAG 1 (not even 2 weeks of activity in the PS2 version at this time) so I figure I badly need those S runs-- both for the drops (I'm decked in As. Most people I party with have plenty of S ranks I can't even come close to affording) and moreso, the EXP (to do runs to get better items to start with :D).
So I figure it's what I -need-.

MAG was super easy and fun! Its mostly maps from PSO which unfortunately I didnt play but I picked them up the first day. Im probably going to leveling my 4th character so I can utilize the EXP boost. If you are on PC/PS2 server Id be happy to teach ya! :D

Turb0
Jul 27, 2008, 10:26 PM
From what I remember, MAG was actually kind of challenging on S, or at least some parts of the mission were. The vanda room and the carriguines are some examples, but even with a party of 4 lvl 80s it shouldn't be too bad as long as everyone knows what they're doing.

doomkilledu
Jul 27, 2008, 11:16 PM
Anytime! I still feel like such a noob sometimes and Ive been playing almost a year. If I didnt have these sites I wouldnt have gotten as far as I have. They are very helpful and I make it a habit to check all 3 everyday before I start playing. It's also nice to know which character has luck on that day so you know who to start with :D

^^ yeah well it looks like i'm doing great so far then lol i'll be sure to ask then if i have any more questions

goldbrease
Jul 28, 2008, 01:55 AM
so how much of an hp reduction do max attack g mobs have? 50% 80% 10%?

goldbrease
Jul 28, 2008, 01:58 AM

lol what about thoes who are getting max holy light for several weeks? you guys are going to have a hard time picking lol.

pikachief
Jul 28, 2008, 02:09 AM
loads of epic drops etc.

Epic drops? jee i wish i was playing the same MAG mission u were :) lol

Seority
Jul 28, 2008, 02:32 AM
Remember!
It's better to level your 80 on A missions till level 111.
You take an experence loss if you kill monsters 30 levels higher then you. More is subtracted for every level higher then 30. (Kinda sucks.)
It keeps lower levels from gaining foot too easily.
So if you really want to get those badges and slightly higher rares, go for S, but if you're doing it for real fast experience, do A, since A missions, at that level, go faster then S ones at that level.
Saved me two days when I was leveling my newman during the last MAG.
:3

goldbrease
Jul 28, 2008, 02:35 AM
Remember!
You take an experence loss if you kill monsters 30 levels higher then you. More is subtracted for every level higher then 30. (Kinda sucks.)
So if you really want to get those badges and slightly higher rares, go for S, but if you're doing it for real fast experience, do A, since A missions, at that level, go faster then S ones at that level.

i never read this anywhere O.o;;;;;;;

Seority
Jul 28, 2008, 02:38 AM
Try it out yourself then.
See how much experience you get on a level 80 doing A/S, then how much on a level 111>130 character doing A/S.
It's the truth.

CelestialBlade
Jul 28, 2008, 02:43 AM
Gold> It's one of those little-known facts that's been around since the game's launch.

EMPYREAN
Jul 28, 2008, 02:54 AM
i never read this anywhere O.o;;;;;;;

during mag i playd on 3 different caras to lv upp and what Seority says is correct.

doing S missions as a lv 80-99 i got 4-500 xp for a normal mob, as a lv 100-119 i got little over 700xp and from 120-130 i got little over 1k xp from a normal mob.

goldbrease
Jul 28, 2008, 03:27 AM
most games give an xp bonus for killing mobs much higher in level then you. segac!

Cracka_J
Jul 28, 2008, 08:51 AM
Well shit would be a bit broken if it was the other way around.

In theory, all a lvl 80 would have to do is stay back and tag everything with a handgun, while the 111+'s kill the mobs. He would be leveling at a rate faster then the higher characters because he's getting the same exp, and it takes less exp for him to level. The 30 lvl modifier eliminates that from happening so players with too big of a lvl gap between them and the enemies cannot rely off of overpowered teammates for fast leveling. When you think of it that way, I actually prefer it in place.

Rust
Jul 28, 2008, 09:36 AM
I agree with Cracka.
I'll most likely go on S as soon I hit lvl 80, though. I want badges. If I cared for the XP, I'd be higher than lvl 68 since a while.

Cracka_J
Jul 28, 2008, 09:50 AM
I'll most likely go on S as soon I hit lvl 80, though. I want badges. If I cared for the XP, I'd be higher than lvl 68 since a while.

Same, human Cracka was at lvl 123 during the last MAG, before I remade him into a beast. I got him back to almost 90 (think 89 right now) playing randomly with him, and will be running S for the badges/drops regardless of the lower exp.

I want my old main character back up to lvl cap first.
That silly whoretecher of mine can wait a couple of hours before she gets her chance to cap...

Advent-
Jul 28, 2008, 09:55 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but for all the lvl 80's who want to go straight into S rank, don't bother, A rank will give more EXP till about lvl 95-100.

Why is this? Because if enemies are 30+ levels higher then you, you get a penalty, so instead of getting 1000 EXP, you might get like 600.

darkante
Jul 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but for all the lvl 80's who want to go straight into S rank, don't bother, A rank will give more EXP till about lvl 95-100.

Why is this? Because if enemies are 30+ levels higher then you, you get a penalty, so instead of getting 1000 EXP, you might get like 600.

Cracka J pretty much gives a good reason for this.

Dreadbiter
Jul 28, 2008, 10:00 AM
I had no idea about the 30+ lvl thing. I really appreciate you guys throwing out that piece of info for everyone. During mag 1, i ran mostly S runs for the exp, but i would have been better doing A's apperantly. Im 104 now so i guess ill do A's until 111 so i can get the most out of it. Also, there isnt much difference between the drops from A and S anyway, so im not really gonna miss anything major.

Advent-
Jul 28, 2008, 10:03 AM
Actually, if you're level 100+ the EXP pay out is more then A rank since you don't get penalized that much.

Dreadbiter
Jul 28, 2008, 10:34 AM
Actually, if you're level 100+ the EXP pay out is more then A rank since you don't get penalized that much.

How is the penalty assessed? If i get a penalty for 30+, then wouldnt i get the max from a's instead of s?

pikachief
Jul 28, 2008, 10:35 AM
Remember!

actually its a bit weird.

I was lvling a character during winter event and i was getting more and more EXP everytime I leveled up, i was 40 levels below of course, then i was 29 levels below and when i hit 28 levels below i was getting even more exp from monsters!!!

after your 30 levels below u only get like 2 exp more than monsters tho its only significant EXP drop when your 30 or more :)

Alastor_Haven
Jul 28, 2008, 10:39 AM
The penalty is pretty bad

At least be lvl 90 - 100 In my honest opinion

Other then that A rank spam will do

Dreadbiter
Jul 28, 2008, 11:29 AM
So is it still better for me to run A's until 111 or should i just do s's? i still dont understand HOW signifigant the exp penalty is.

pikachief
Jul 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
Do As until about 100-110. its not a HUGE drop but the bigger the level gap teh bigger the penalty.

and they're lvl 140 monsters so at around lvl 100 you'll be getting more EXP than A

Dreadbiter
Jul 28, 2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info!!! I am very casual playing, so maybe i'll actually hit the cap this time.

Yunfa
Jul 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
Man this thread makes me feel that I have played PSU way too much. (which is a good thing, because I've already sold my soul to SEGA back in the PSO GC days mwhahaha)

It's still easy to lvl regardless of EXP penalty. My 4th character only has 300 hours and shes capped compared to my main at the same lvl but has over 1500hours.

Cracka_J
Jul 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
It's still easy to lvl regardless of EXP penalty. My 4th character only has 300 hours and shes capped compared to my main at the same lvl but has over 1500hours.

I've got about 150 invested into my cast, Household Appliance. I leveled her during the last MAG with the sole purpose of making a run for the #1 TA slot, as our party needed another fF and paradi user. I hit cap with her AFTER we broke the #1 slot, which I thought was awesome. Eleina's team made a last day comeback tho :D

Now I've got my male beast who I started leveling after MAG. I got about 80 hours into him (lvl 89), so Ima try to hit the new cap with him with under 100 hours. That's my goal for MAG 2 ^^