PDA

View Full Version : How long can you be inactive?

MysticGoten
Jul 28, 2008, 06:26 PM
How long can you be inactive before Sega deletes your account?

I would like to know for the future.

According to this page it is 3 months:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/phantasystariv/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44167306&pid=932621

Thanks

Kizeragi
Jul 28, 2008, 06:29 PM
Well last year, I was away for 5 months. And I still have my character. Depends on which server your on I guess.

Golto
Jul 28, 2008, 06:39 PM
One good thing about ST is that they don't delete character data due to inactivity. I've heard of people being gone for almost 1 year and their chars are still there in psu. I haven't heard a single person that has returned say that their characters were deleted due to inactivity in psu.

cel
Jul 28, 2008, 08:44 PM
i wonder what mmo's actually do this since its conterproductive to delete characters. more often than not, once you quit, you will come back and you'll want that original toon. You probably wouldn't pay a monthly fee to start anew once you find that a toon's been deleted.

i think even free to play mmo's keep characters just in case the customer comes back and spends money in their cash-for-items shops.

Shinko
Jul 28, 2008, 09:38 PM
Ok i talk to sega before about something like this. And they said as far as they know no ones account has ever been deleted. (unless they requested it or was banned)

So you should be cool. (I they they do this because of lack of players.... i maybe wrong though)

Dragwind
Jul 28, 2008, 11:00 PM
I've seen friends inactive for over 3 months, and come back to everything intact.

Brainwrecked
Jul 29, 2008, 03:36 AM
Just had someone come back a couple weeks ago that left pre-Firebreak. 9 months, he said. And his characters were not deleted.

Magician
Jul 29, 2008, 06:25 AM
Gone for twelve months, I came back with everything.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 29, 2008, 08:11 AM
They say that if your account is inactive AND they NEED the space they have the option to delete it...that being said so few have signed up for PSU it hardly matters.

Guitarsmasher
Jul 29, 2008, 08:16 AM
I had an account but quit playing in February 2007, I just rejoined and reactivated the same account last week (being July 2008 ) and all my characters/items were still there. So that's what...17 months? lol

Danny_Dark
Jul 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
How long can you be inactive before Sega deletes your account?

I would like to know for the future.

According to this page it is 3 months:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/phantasystariv/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44167306&pid=932621

Thanks

I think, until Server Shutdown...But I'm not 100% sure about it...

furrypaws
Jul 29, 2008, 08:56 AM
In the original manual, I think it said 5 months was the safety point.

But, looking through the new AoI manual, it says nothing of the sort. I guess Sega has come to terms with the fact that this is not as popular as they thought it'd be.