PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand not affected by synth bonus??

Hiroko
Jul 28, 2008, 08:53 PM
I heard that very rumor...trying to confirm it...

Anybody?

Alastor_Haven
Jul 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
ALL Synths are affected

Though there was a glitch IF

The board was already in the PM

It doesn't get affected

Could be fixed

I think

Turb0
Jul 28, 2008, 09:16 PM
The 2 PWs I made back in the 1up rewards period were at 100% so I don't see why this should be any different.

ThEoRy
Jul 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
ALL Synths are affected

Though there was a glitch IF

The board was already in the PM

It doesn't get affected

Could be fixed

I think

That was never the case at all.

What was happening was, people who STARTED the synth BEFORE the maintenance shutdown which added the bonus were unaffected by the synth bonus, and then bawwing about it.

But why would you be stupid enough to do that?

HienkyakuX
Jul 29, 2008, 12:54 AM
That was never the case at all.

What was happening was, people who STARTED the synth BEFORE the maintenance shutdown which added the bonus were unaffected by the synth bonus, and then bawwing about it.

But why would you be stupid enough to do that?

That and before the first synth bonus back then there was a system update that was to increase the base synth % on all the stuff. The problem was that stuff that was in the PM before that update didn't get the system update boost.

NexGen
Jul 29, 2008, 01:06 AM
Lol what? 99% too risky for you?

darkante
Jul 29, 2008, 01:19 AM

Dude..this games synth % chance is flawed therby take 99 % as 50 % chance to make it.
Also the diads is a pain in the the ass to gather, and the rarity of the board itself...who the hell wants to gamble to something like that? :P

Turb0
Jul 29, 2008, 01:27 AM
Yeah, waiting 3 or 4 days to guarantee a PW making sounds worth it imo. There's always that 1%...

Alastor_Haven
Jul 29, 2008, 02:15 AM

The synth rate is bullshit

I've seen people break 99%s ( Repca's P-wands) Yeah they been broken

It's a YES or NO factor

In reality

It's a fucking coin flip

Well

In my experience

Syl
Jul 29, 2008, 02:16 AM
I personally broke a weapon at 99% :/

Really, it's best if you look at it as Fail or Synth, it's one or the other.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 29, 2008, 02:25 AM
The synth rate is bullshit

I've seen people break 99%s ( Repca's P-wands) Yeah they been broken

It's a YES or NO factor

In reality

It's a fucking coin flip

Well

In my experience
I agree. Everything is 50%. I have failed with a 99%. And succeeded with less than a 20%. The % is BS. Its yes or no.

Turb0
Jul 29, 2008, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't say everything is 50%, high percentage stuff usually is more successful. Just because something fails at 99% doesn't mean it was a 50-50 chance. It's 99%, not 100%. Obviously it can fail.

Csero
Jul 29, 2008, 03:10 AM
I am curious, is it possible to fail with 100% chance? I know it seems like a stupid question, but this is SEGA.

Seority
Jul 29, 2008, 03:11 AM

Yes!
:<

Fure_Rakune
Jul 29, 2008, 03:14 AM
Or you can be ballsy and make it at 99% and thwart those who were too meek to try otherwise.
Really now, just synth the damn thing.

Gryffin
Jul 29, 2008, 03:23 AM
I synthed my Pwand. XD I couldn't wait. Then like a day later, Mag was confirmed for August first...... I wish I had waited......

But it worked anyways. XP

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 06:09 AM
I failed Repca.

Twice.

In a row.

Cracka_J
Jul 29, 2008, 07:43 AM
That and before the first synth bonus back then there was a system update that was to increase the base synth % on all the stuff. The problem was that stuff that was in the PM before that update didn't get the system update boost.

Not exactly true either. All of my 1up boards were in my pm's waiting to be synthed when the update AND 1up bonus hit. My svaltus swords were reading something like 52-56% (can't remember exact number), after the update they were said to be 92% (never actually saw that number til after 1up bonuses left). I just waited til we got both the update and synth bonus, and they all came up at 100%, which was the combined 92%+1up bonus.

So these nUbc4eKz, as theory said, were attempting synths the night before the system update and 1up bonus hit, then wetting themselves when they pulled out failed items. That ain't nobody's fault but their own.

The problem was on the JP end, it was actually fixed before it hit the US/EU servers. Just retarded people doing retarded things, then blaming it on something else.

NexGen
Jul 29, 2008, 10:18 AM
Just to set the story straight, I am also waiting until friday to synth my psycho wand lol. I'll take the 1% since they're giving it, but normally wouldn't worry with a 99%.

What I really need is 5 bajillion morbinia and goldania before the grind boost so I can finish my bearclaws, rucars, and halp serafis and get them to a decent grind. Ugh, those materials are the debil!

Hiroko
Jul 29, 2008, 04:33 PM

Yes! I know a few people who have failed the 99% chance on a Psycho Wand. O.o;;;

Inazuma
Jul 29, 2008, 05:32 PM
the synth boost does not affect grinders. you will still have the 1% (or whatever it is) chance for that grinder S+10 like you always do.

NexGen
Jul 29, 2008, 09:46 PM
K thanks, although that has nothing to do with this topic. The wand has a 99% synth rate of success on a pure tech pm, and that is what everyone else is talking about.

sephiroth115
Jul 30, 2008, 05:28 PM
Yes! I know a few people who have failed the 99% chance on a Psycho Wand. O.o;;;

Thats why I'm waiting, I've got too much invested in my P-wand to let SEGAC's 99% screw it up

Guitarsmasher
Jul 30, 2008, 05:38 PM
Off-topic question- Is the synth boost permanent or only during MAG2?

Kizeragi
Jul 30, 2008, 05:40 PM
Off-topic question- Is the synth boost permanent or only during MAG2?

2 weeks, if i'm not mistaken. Maybe for all of MAG2.

Triple_S
Jul 30, 2008, 09:50 PM
I am curious, is it possible to fail with 100% chance? I know it seems like a stupid question, but this is SEGA.

I swear to God I once did. I was too damned shocked to take a picture, so believe me if you want.

Bupon
Jul 31, 2008, 12:26 AM
I think 99% means 100%. If not whats the point of it being so close to 100%, just so you can fell like shit when it does fail?

NexGen
Jul 31, 2008, 01:19 AM
I think 99% means 100%, has any one ever seen one fail before.

Yes, people have. These people are in the posts above yours, which you didn't read.

necman
Aug 1, 2008, 05:46 AM
I swear to God I once did. I was too damned shocked to take a picture, so believe me if you want.
I will have to believe you since I lost a weapon while grinding it. The Evil lady said no chance of failure.

SakuraJr
Aug 1, 2008, 01:29 PM

Uh, yeah, apparently so since my friend's PM failed mine >_>

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 01:32 PM
I will have to believe you since I lost a weapon while grinding it. The Evil lady said no chance of failure.

That's because "No chance of failure" is 95-100% for grinding.

100% synth rate is supposedly 100% because it's a quantitative value, not some NPC's guess.