PDA

View Full Version : AotI Awoken Serpent vs. White Beast

Sara McDohl
Jul 28, 2008, 09:39 PM
Ok guys, I don't seem to be following why people are constantly playing the White Beast missions on Neudaiz over the Awoken Serpent on Moatoob. I've looked over the the gains from both, the item finds, etc. Here is my run down of the two missions.

Awoken Serpent S:

13600 Meseta / 236 Mission Points for an S rank run.

White Beast S:

12525 Meseta / 216 Mission Points for an S rank run.

Now this is just the mission point / meseta for the runs. The enemies on the S rank White Beast S are 10 levels higher then the Awoken Serpent ones, but I really don't see the major difference in the XP from the enemies. I would just like someone to explain to me the bonus' from White Beast, cause I personally don't see that many drops that are that great, and in comparison of the Freeze / Resist to the Confuse / Resist, the Freeze is worth so much more money. Hit me back.

ashley50
Jul 28, 2008, 09:43 PM
White Beast is easier lulz...

And Serafi Senba...

Alastor_Haven
Jul 28, 2008, 09:45 PM
White Beast is easier lulz...

And Serafi Senba...

This sums it up

Shinko
Jul 28, 2008, 09:45 PM
Simple. Its the armor. That's the main reason. I mean there could be others but i think that's the main reason.

Sara McDohl
Jul 28, 2008, 09:52 PM
How often does the Serefi-senba drop? It's only the board. I've killed Alterazghog a LOT of times and have never even seen it drop. Also in regard to the White Beast being easier, thats truly based on opinion..cause I can run through Awoken Serpent S faster then I can White Beast S with the same party. I understand that Alterazghog is an easier boss to fight cause he doesn't hide out of range of most attacks, but most of the enemies in White Beast take me longer to kill, and the level is to me..slightly longer which makes the time about the same.

autumn
Jul 28, 2008, 10:00 PM
I've no idea why the WB unless specifically running for the armor. I have never once seen the damn thing drop in all of my many runs there. I've been told it drops more often on S2 so no hope of people leaving even once we get the mission upgrades on Neudaiz.

ashley50
Jul 28, 2008, 10:00 PM
Not often but worth it once you obtain it.
well...its preference i guess. You can stick to what you like and we'll do the same?

Sara McDohl
Jul 28, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I was just curious overall. My friends and I always play Awoken Serpent and were wondering for the past few days why everyone gathered at the White Beast mission. I personally couldn't see the reasoning, but I wanted to know.

ashley50
Jul 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
the mobs in White Beast is much easier to defeat. (assuming that you have a Sleep/Resist or else ur effed)
Serpent can have a Mob of Vanda Merha that can be quite hard to deal with.

Simmy
Jul 28, 2008, 10:11 PM
I think it might have something to do with weapons/armor that are available...Think about it how many dark weapons are on the server? Cheap armor in light...?.... Rabol Rappy.
Also I think it is an easy level to start at/powerlevel for noobs. You can get to 100 in 4 days if you play 6-8 hours a day at white beast. People congregate at missions that are easy and decent pay... There has almost never been a mission that people spam that has tons of good drops. Once GBR gets rollin things will be different. :)

Sara McDohl
Jul 28, 2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the information, guys and gals. That was really helpful.

Truth034
Jul 28, 2008, 10:39 PM
de rol le is the most annoying boss when he continues to fly away out of attack range and keeps dropping rocks on you..............even more annoying when your a techer.........the dragon can also die in seconds with a couple jabrogas

Darklighter
Jul 28, 2008, 10:39 PM
How come no one does Electronic Brain S then? The mission is not hard as just me and my friend alone do it all the time(sucks we can never get S rank just the two of us). That mission has awesome drops so what gives?

pikachief
Jul 28, 2008, 10:40 PM
Not often but worth it once you obtain it.

i hunted for 3 and they all failed. bought the 4th board for 10 mil and it made 30%.

NO IT WASNT WORTH IT!!!

dc534
Jul 28, 2008, 10:41 PM
Only for noobs the mobs are easier at White Beast than at Awoken Serpant, I actually do Awoken Serpant more quickly, average time for me to do Awoken Serpant S2, going all out balls to the wall, about 20-26 minutes, White beast is about 22-28 minutes. Really the drops are about the same on both missions. Serafi-Senba is really one of the only reasons to run White Beast. I personally I am looking for a Muktengek and that is my reason for doing Awoken Serpant. Oh and probably the best reason to do Awoken Serpant is the chance for the FOI. I guess when we get a neudaiz version of this FOI even more people will jump ship and do White Beast. Anyways it does not really bother me that more people run White Beast it just bothers me when people try to claim it is easier because in reality none of the missions are remotely difficult in this game anymore. I guess the most difficult/frustrating mission at this point is Desert Goliath, I guess Seed Awakened is Close but that mission has no point, unless you are going Gao hunting.

desturel
Jul 29, 2008, 07:07 AM
I guess the most difficult/frustrating mission at this point is Desert Goliath.

Not even close. I can solo DG in 15~20 mins as a FT. Soloing AMF Military Subway S on the other hand... >.>

Actually I should say "soloing block 5 of Military Subway" because the rest of the run is cake.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 08:17 AM
Miltary Subway solo S is the hardest mission. Mainly cause it takes way too long.
Desert Goliath is very easy as a Gunner/Techer.

ashley50
Jul 29, 2008, 08:19 AM
i hunted for 3 and they all failed. bought the 4th board for 10 mil and it made 30%.

NO IT WASNT WORTH IT!!!

you're just unlucky...

Kylie
Jul 29, 2008, 11:27 AM
For me, I just hate De Rol Le. ;3

Delete
Jul 29, 2008, 11:44 AM
I think it might have something to do with weapons/armor that are available...Think about it how many dark weapons are on the server? Cheap armor in light...?.... Rabol Rappy.
Also I think it is an easy level to start at/powerlevel for noobs. You can get to 100 in 4 days if you play 6-8 hours a day at white beast. People congregate at missions that are easy and decent pay... There has almost never been a mission that people spam that has tons of good drops. Once GBR gets rollin things will be different. :)

Lvl 100 in 4 dayz, i dont see that being possible.

Jainsea
Jul 29, 2008, 12:07 PM
Lvl 100 in 4 dayz, i dont see that being possible.

Wow lvl 100 in 4 day @_@! Might be possible if you got a good party and fly through
the mission, but by the 3rd day of straight WB I'd need a barf baggie T_T
and...
I think since more people are at WB, its "easier" to do, and like already stated there are
tons of dark weapons out there and good light% armor for cheap.
When I rerolled a character and was able to I got a 32% Narfi-senba for like dirt cheap :D
and I just slapped my Legless Rainbow on it and bam! Easy runs for me. Even got a dark one
just in case.

mvffin
Jul 29, 2008, 01:42 PM
Only for noobs the mobs are easier at White Beast than at Awoken Serpant, I actually do Awoken Serpant more quickly, average time for me to do Awoken Serpant S2, going all out balls to the wall, about 20-26 minutes, White beast is about 22-28 minutes.

The thing is, Awoken Serpent has much more walking time and backtracking. With a full party, AS will always take longer. Also the boss can just decide to be invincible and fly around for a few minutes. And the main reason AS is hard is Vanda Orgas. Everything else there is just as easy as WB.

landman
Jul 29, 2008, 06:12 PM
Not even close. I can solo DG in 15~20 mins as a FT. Soloing AMF Military Subway S on the other hand... >.>

Actually I should say "soloing block 5 of Military Subway" because the rest of the run is cake.
Soloing military subway ON C as a high lvl takes more than 20 minutes lol

I play very often Awoken Serpent, I rarely play White Beast, if some friends ask me to "go play" and I see they are in Pavilion of air I just reply "if you are planning to go to another place it's ok", then we go to Desert Goliath or any guardians branch

Fiohna
Jul 29, 2008, 08:16 PM
I have done AS and WB quite a bit, and I must say that WB is far, far easier (enemies almost always clumped up and nothing can 1 or 2 shot you like Vanda Orgas), requires less running, and the boss is almost always grounded and attackable.

That said, I like AS more than WB, but it doesn't change the fact that when people are tired and their brains are fried from long days at work or school, it's easier to just relax and play WB without having to worry about anything. I personally prefer playing challenging missions, but I don't mind the occasional WB.

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 09:00 PM
I can beat Military Subway on C with my lv 68 Acrofighter in less then 13 min. The stage gets a worse rep then it deserves for being long.

SStrikerR
Jul 29, 2008, 09:19 PM
Slicer spam much?

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 09:23 PM
No comment.

MysticGoten
Jul 29, 2008, 09:26 PM

If you could get to level 100 in 4 days, I would have did it :P

Thats bogus!