PDA

View Full Version : Relic edge how rare?

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 08:53 AM
topic

this is really p*****g me of now over a year ago i found [B]creadoubs
and ever since i've been on and off trying to find the relic edges for it.
and in that entire time i have never seen a single one drop.
seriously this cant be right i hear plenty of people getting plenty of them
so why cant i?

little help here i'm fed up of running sw for stuff and not finding it.
i'm not even after pwand but at the rate i'm going i will find one of
those way before i find a single edge. and i need a lot more than one
as i have more than one board.

Danny_Dark
Jul 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
Ordinary Drop !?
Very very Rare, that's all I can say...

Seority
Jul 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
True you'll probably find a pw board before a relic edge if you don't do any relic missions.
So, what I'm saying, do you do relic missions a lot, or just random missions?

DarkEliteRico
Jul 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
True you'll probably find a pw board before a relic edge if you don't do any relic missions.
So, what I'm saying, do you do relic missions a lot, or just random missions?

I doubt this sorry. I've been doing a fair amount of RELIC site missions these past few days in hopes of getting a psycho wand board for a friend/cash. I've found over 9 Relic Edges myself and not a single P-wand as of yet. Most people would probably say the same thing as well.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
Relic Edge is a special drop, you just need luck to find them. They are quite rare though. ^^;

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
ive been running SW trying to get stormlines and also been running the relics mission on nue
cant remember what its called but no luck there either.

Rust
Jul 29, 2008, 09:00 AM
Hum can't really say, but seems like it is a bitch to find yeah.
I got only one so far (Photon Fortune lvl. 1). But that's been the only time I went to SW on S, on the other hand.
I should go there again several times to see if I can still manage to find them or not.

Seority
Jul 29, 2008, 09:03 AM
Let's just say, if you only do those missions, you play often, for a straight month, you should get at least one. Same with pycho wands. They do drop fairly well, for a really rare rare, you just don't see many because FT's are soloing with a full pallete them in random universes. The only ones that are sold are from non-teching people and techers who have broken them.
There are many phycho wands out, just no one wants to sell them.

A fair amount doesn't cut it when you are really searching in this game.
I've been fairly hunting a gaozoran rod board and got nothing. I've been hardcore Catilium hunting and got 31 in one day.
Just depends if you really really want it.
Lots of it is based upon luck too.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:08 AM
i've hunted here for over a week b4 and nothing but bog standard mats
i'm really getting tired of the rate at which some stuff drops.

fay
Jul 29, 2008, 09:09 AM
as i said in the other topic i just found 4 in the one room the other day.

also i found one on my very first relics run though it went to someone else who jumped in at literaly that second of picking it up =[

there still a rare item but i still find enough to keep me happy.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:14 AM
as i said in the other topic i just found 4 in the one room the other day.

also i found one on my very first relics run though it went to someone else who jumped in at literaly that second of picking it up =[

there still a rare item but i still find enough to keep me happy.

this is what is annoying me the most i hear of plenty of people getting 3 or 4 in a single
run yet if i hunt it for a constant week i get nothing.
how does that work?

and oh great i just got kiked by the server for no reason just when i suv the 3 svaltus
why do i have a felling they would have dropped something >.<

Powder Keg
Jul 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
If you're having terrible luck finding them, just buy some.

They're quite expensive at the moment though, since a lot of people are gathering them for Shinowa Line boards.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:23 AM
If you're having terrible luck finding them, just buy some.

They're quite expensive at the moment though, since a lot of people are gathering them for Shinowa Line boards.

y should i buy them when i should have been able to find more than enough already
i never have any money bc i have to buy nearly everything i want
just because it never drops when i hunt it. 90% my stuff = brought
as i get fed up of hunting it after a month of pure 0.
and now ive had enough of having to buy everything i go back to hunting
and guess what same old story i get 0.

relentless
Jul 29, 2008, 09:26 AM
Well I don't think you can do something against being unlucky. Just hang in there, it's all about luck I say.
Oh, maybe have some friends help you out with stuff you need, too.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:29 AM
Well I don't think you can do something against being unlucky. Just hang in there, it's all about luck I say.
Oh, maybe have some friends help you out with stuff you need, too.

i don't want to have to rely on others and waste there time with this rotten luck
seriously i don't see the point of luck in this game i've never noticed a bit of difference
in drops or anything.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:34 AM
ooh guess what peeps complaining works i just got one
now all i guess i got to do is hunt for another 5 years to get the rest

Rust
Jul 29, 2008, 09:43 AM
i don't want to have to rely on others and waste there time with this rotten luck
seriously i don't see the point of luck in this game i've never noticed a bit of difference
in drops or anything.

When people are talking about luck here, I don't think they are talking about "Photon Fortune", but actually about your own, innate luck.
In-game luck never meant anything to me at least, I always have better finds with 1* luck than with SuperHOLYSHITLight.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:52 AM
super holy light = what@.@?

desturel
Jul 29, 2008, 09:53 AM
I've found over 9 Relic Edges myself and not a single P-wand as of yet. Most people would probably say the same thing as well.

It all depends on your luck (real luck not photon fortune). While looking for 10 relic edges I found 5 psycho wand. A friend of mine had 25 relic edge and no psycho wand while another friend had 4 psycho wand and no relic edges. I traded one of my PW boards to the friend who had 25 relic edges for 10 relic edges and 10 diad... of course after I did the trade with her, a PW dropped next time we ran SW.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 09:55 AM
It all depends on your luck (real luck not photon fortune). While looking for 10 relic edges I found 5 psycho wand. A friend of mine had 25 relic edge and no psycho wand while another friend had 4 psycho wand and no relic edges. I traded one of my PW boards to the friend who had 25 relic edges for 10 relic edges and 10 diad... of course after I did the trade with her, a PW dropped next time we ran SW.

now that is messed up i rekon it has more to do with the games programing on who gets what.

relentless
Jul 29, 2008, 09:59 AM
now that is messed up i rekon it has more to do with the games programing on who gets what.

Nope. How you're saying this, nope.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
just a random thought XP

relentless
Jul 29, 2008, 10:06 AM
You're just being pessimistic because of the fact that you're unlucky.

chalka
Jul 29, 2008, 10:10 AM
i stopped running SW for edges. ive been running dual sentinel for edges lately and ive seen one drop (friend ended up getting it). in the same light, i saw my first psycho wand drop (yet again went to another friend). ive never had any luck when it came to sleeping warriors. if anything relic related ever drops, its usually on dual sentinel for me. i suggest try running that. yea it takes longer, but maybe you'll have better luck there. plus youve got that extra chance at a double agito board.

Powder Keg
Jul 29, 2008, 10:11 AM
You can't be picky about the way you play the hunt and then complain about not getting something. Relic Edges (on PS2 at least) cost about a mil a piece last time I checked, possibly even less. 1 mil is a joke to get now.

Having friends help you out really works wonders as well....so if you don't want to take advice and do one or both of these, then you really don't have any room to complain.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
i'm just getting p****d of off hearing the same old people saying how they found this and that so easy without actually looking for it where as me and other peeps spend ages looking and still find nothing.

Powder Keg
Jul 29, 2008, 10:15 AM
That happens all the time. I've hunted for a Grand Cross for a long-ass time and never found one, although I see a decent amount online. That's why/how they're rare.

Ail
Jul 29, 2008, 10:17 AM
You can't be picky about the way you play the hunt and then complain about not getting something. Relic Edges (on PS2 at least) cost about a mil a piece last time I checked, possibly even less. 1 mil is a joke to get now.

Having friends help you out really works wonders as well....so if you don't want to take advice and do one or both of these, then you really don't have any room to complain.

yeah, for exemple you can make 1 mil by selling a relic edge :wacko:

lol jk, anyway.. i always saw a lot of em O_o

and mm i also need one now.. maybe coming back to hunt and see if i'm still that lucky :-?

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
i don't mind much about the time it takes to do a mission
also i forgot about the duel sentinel mission X3
im on ps2 and last time i checked edges were almost 1 mil a piece
i don't have that money.
also most my friends have left since all the c*** sega has given us
also im not trusting most peeps with helping me hunt as when someone who
i believed was my friend got what i was hunting and ran off with it even tho they
were the ones who offered to help me for a bit -.-

Ryno
Jul 29, 2008, 10:27 AM
oh? relic edges are rare? because I have 2 of them. and I have not search for them in player shop for a long time.

Zaft
Jul 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
I've got 4 and I'm only level 37 :p

Guess I just got lucky, hehe.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
I've got 4 and I'm only level 37 :p

Guess I just got lucky, hehe.

don't post stuff like that. its really sad that you have to try rub it in.

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
It is weird. If I use my female human character I can get a relic edge on average every 3 or 4 runs of a relic stage. Any other character I get squat if I'm there all day. Almost makes me believe in the hidden section ID theory.

Gcen
Jul 29, 2008, 10:54 AM

Just keep running SW or DS simple I find more PWand boards then Relic Edges, normally I sell a PWand board to buy the remaining materials.

SW is so dam fast a run its funny but you can make more Meseta in DS, I have found Relics in both along with PWand board

DS 3
SW 4

That's what I personally found with no help over a 6 week period in that time I found about 6 Relic Edges

Magician
Jul 29, 2008, 10:55 AM
My friends and I do about eight runs of sw every night, we're lucky to see one relic edge drop per week of running (average, about one per fifty runs). It all depends on how lucky you are.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 10:57 AM
Just don't try and find it then. :/
They'll come up when they want to.

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 10:58 AM
I have the best luck just going for Relic Edge in the Holy Grounds stage. Still I do not think there is anything else of value there.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
Just started a run on my CAST alt.
(Note: 3* Luck)
First spawn:

First enemy dropped Relic Edge
Fourth enemy dropped [b]Psycho Wand

How kind of them. o.o
I didn't even want them. Oh well. Mine now. ^^;

Also, I've done nearly 1k runs total so meh.

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 11:08 AM
LOL! That is the kind of luck I will never have.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 11:09 AM
First spawn:

How kind of them. o.o

two words MESSED UP

Seority
Jul 29, 2008, 11:13 AM
True that.

jobber
Jul 29, 2008, 11:14 AM

lol

Then you're going to hate to know I found 10 of them in the last 2 weeks running SW S1. I'm not even hunting for them or anything on SW. I'm trying to level my alt's megid. Been selling those edges for 50k. I didn't know they were THAT rare.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
inb4picsoritdidnthappen.

I play on PS2. <_< Looks like I wont be seeing anything good for a very long time.
EDIT: I should actually thank OP, if he didnt make this topic, I wouldn't have went to SW S2, meaning I wouldnt have found that board. ^^; If you play on PS2/PC Arryn, i'll give you that Edge if you want it.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 11:16 AM
people should probably add if they on 360 or pc/ps2 server
as i get the feeling there dropping more on 360 or there just
more about because more people playing.

jobber
Jul 29, 2008, 11:27 AM
people should probably add if they on 360 or pc/ps2 server
as i get the feeling there dropping more on 360 or there just
more about because more people playing.

Yeah I'm on 360, but I don't think the amount of people spamming the run has anything to do with it. 2 weeks ago, it was 3 pages of runs going on for SW, but yesterday it was maybe 3 or 4 runs going on during the same time period. That could explain why Holy Grounds has become a sudden hot spot.

Rust
Jul 29, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'm pretty sure the fact you're using Giresta in a totally unefficient way has something to do with your sucky droprate, though.

Loso
Jul 29, 2008, 11:35 AM
Relic Edge's arent the problem for me.. Its the P. Wand. I solo SW everyday when my friends aren't on. Anywhere from 5-30 a day.. depending. Been doing it for roughly 6 months. I've only found 1 P.Wand.. and around 25-30 Edge's.

relentless
Jul 29, 2008, 11:37 AM
Btw. if you're really unlucky with the Edges but you're able to find PW boards, you can easily consume those PW boards into Relic Edges. XD

I'm pretty sure the fact you're using Giresta in a totally unefficient way has something to do with your sucky droprate, though.

lolol This post is so true, and is made of win. :wacko:

Sekani
Jul 29, 2008, 11:39 AM
Drop rates in this game are a conspiracy. The more you want something, the lower the odds are that you'll find it. This is a proven fact.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
Drop rates in this game are a conspiracy. The more you want something, the lower the odds are that you'll find it. This is a proven fact.

I have known this for a long while :p Just not many others have. :/

Jainsea
Jul 29, 2008, 11:50 AM

OMG D: this is so true. I've found my "good" stuff when I wasn't even looking ><
Arryn! Dont give up! I think in all the time I played(which has been a long time ^^;)
I haven't seen a single PW drop and I only got like 2-3 Relic Edges ever.
Yea, like other said try out the other mission, at least you get a chance for more goodies, in turn
you can sell them for edges or etc. Good Luck :D !!!

kevington
Jul 29, 2008, 12:17 PM
I've found that if I run SW on C with 2 or 3 star luck I almost always get a Relic Edge.

pikachief
Jul 29, 2008, 12:33 PM
i found 3 within 2 runs before but before that took at least 20 runs and after that i've never seen another!

I have a friend that gets at least one every time he goes to run sleeping warriors and i'll do about 30 runs without a single one.

Its the same thing as everything in this game. Go do random missions with good stuff, see which one u get lucky at, sell what u find and buy what u need, because sometimes u just cant find some things.

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 12:43 PM
OMG D: this is so true. I've found my "good" stuff when I wasn't even looking ><
Arryn! Dont give up! I think in all the time I played(which has been a long time ^^;)
Yea, like other said try out the other mission, at least you get a chance for more goodies, in turn

jainsea your always so positive :3 *gibs cookie*
i still have your pc
get back on psu dammit XP

Cracka_J
Jul 29, 2008, 12:58 PM
this thread is lol. it should just read:

"post how many times you've found relic edges and how long it took you, but if you say you've found more then me in a shorter period of time, I'ma flame you"

On that note, I'll say they're common drops. 20:1, relic edge : pwand ratio, respectively.

pikachief
Jul 29, 2008, 12:59 PM

yup. my friend has told me for about a year now, You wont find what you are looking for.

I found my P-wand and about 5 relic edges leveling up lasers. i went to go get diads and in about 100 runs i got 2!!!!!!! GAH!!!! X.x we went almost 3 hours without a single diad in white beast it was madness lol oh and when i needed relic edges they stopped dropping lol.

just do random runs for fun things will drop when your not thinking about them its weird

ForeverStronger
Jul 29, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hmm.. me and two other friends were running SW S2. We were not looking for anything in particular.. just wanted to run n' gun I guess and what do you know? everyone has 1* Star Luck and a P-wand drops from a Svaltus..?! Does everyone not see that Sega has a sense of humor? On another note... I hate the Fortune lady. She has raped over 140k from me for 1* Luck... -Eyes razor-

VetroDrago
Jul 29, 2008, 04:19 PM
I've found that if I run SW on C with 2 or 3 star luck I almost always get a Relic Edge.

Yeah, you're right. I was there a couple weeks ago and got 2 of them on C. My luck was low btw.

Jainsea
Jul 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
jainsea your always so positive :3 *gibs cookie*
i still have your pc
get back on psu dammit XP

^^ *munches* ty :D
Im stuck off PSU for now T_T just moved in with my sister, but I be back
soon I hope D: ! When I get back I tell you :) I'll not look for a P wand and find it :p
and @ ForeverStronger : I hear that D: < Fortune Lady takes away my 0 luck and gives me
back my 0 luck =_=!

Fiohna
Jul 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
Relic Edges really aren't that rare... They're an area drop, so go do C speed runs to optimize your chance of finding them (they have an equal chance of dropping, regardless of difficulty). By doing C runs, you kill monsters faster, and thus you are having items drop faster, increasing the rate at which you can get them.

relentless
Jul 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah true, I've seen much more of them drop on C than on S2. Might be just my own experience, but having hunted for those Beetle decos payed out.
(reaching 065 posts?!)

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 05:14 PM
im also hunting stormlines and failing at that to X3

Fiohna
Jul 29, 2008, 05:26 PM

I see those drop from De Ragan fairly frequently (probably 1 out of 20 De Ragan S2 runs or more frequently).

Arryn
Jul 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
I see those drop from De Ragan fairly frequently (probably 1 out of 20 De Ragan S2 runs or more frequently).

i don,t like vahra so prove it first XP

Fiohna
Jul 29, 2008, 05:44 PM
I have seen Storms and Storm Lines drop fairly frequently, never seen a Kan Yu board drop, though. :/

If you're level 130, you should be able to solo S2 without too much trouble... I do it all the time (without NPCs to help so I can level Gi TECHs) and am only AT 12 atm and have been doing it since around AT 6 or so. As FF I didn't have any difficulty.

desturel
Jul 29, 2008, 06:01 PM

I just gave away 10 [b] stormline a few days ago (good luck getting those 200 polymer), if you were on the 360 and had caught me earlier I probably could have handed you a few.

Zaft
Jul 29, 2008, 06:07 PM

I'm trying to rub it in...?

Last time I checked I was just making a statement, but alright, whatever floats your boat.

Bupon
Jul 30, 2008, 03:34 PM
With 3 star luck they drop often, but with out it they can be hard to find.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jul 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
two words MESSED UP

Keywords over a thousand runs.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 31, 2008, 03:23 AM
15 Relic Edges in appr. 130 SW runs, you do the math. (and 1 PW on the 24th run)

Vercix
Jul 31, 2008, 04:25 AM
Naw it's all luck...Even with 1 or 2 star luck, my friend and I can get 1-3 every 15 or so missions...just speed through C...we got 2 there once and then 1 the mission after...stars don't mean jack, it's all about personal luck and how the game is set the second you hit start mission >.>

afterthoughtz
Jul 31, 2008, 08:42 AM
I'll usually run Sleeping Warriors C runs to get em', on average i get 1 every 3-5 missions, so their not that hard

Ethateral
Jul 31, 2008, 10:05 AM
First spawn:

How kind of them. o.o

Also, I've done nearly 1k runs total so meh.

That happened to me the other day! I got to block 3, killed the 3 Badira that pop out of those two boxes and a [b] Psycho Wand dropped. Then a Relic Edge dropped on the next spawn of Badiras. <3 It took me about a little under a year of running SW S2 constantly everyday, all day. >_< I'm just so happy to see one finally drop after all that hunting. Although for the past week, I've been picking up a Relic Edge at least every day. I think I picked up 10 or so in a week. It all differs really for anyone. Other days I don't get squat.

Normally, when you're not looking for something and it drops in that mission, it'll drop, for the most part, lol. I remember my first uber rar when I joined last year was a Relic Edge. For me, I'm usually spamming SW and leveling spells. o.o So I'm not really looking for anything. If I get something along the way, then it's a nice side order of goodness. <3

I usually find that I find Relic Edges more often on 1* or no star. =/

Ryno
Jul 31, 2008, 05:24 PM
I put mine in my shop for 2 mil just to show it off... LoL

II_Tokio_II
Jul 31, 2008, 05:52 PM
I've found about 5 or something like that, and never looked for them they just come spontaneously and I just sell them (quick money). I would say, on a scale from 1 (common) to 10 (insane rare), that its about 5. I 've seen 3 drop in one run so yeah... Oh and this was all in Sleeping Warriors S2.

fay
Jul 31, 2008, 07:07 PM
just found another two there making a total of seven found today :D.

it cost me a lot of runs/time though. about 50+ runs it was :/

just keep at it =]