PDA

View Full Version : Will there be another PSU Expansion?

Zelos
Jul 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
Can there be another one guys?I mean i love the game pretty sure every one else does but can you see it lasting very long,i'am just hoping that these new GM's stay on there game and give us some very good updats!!!

sorry about the typo there guys the first one is ''can it be'' =]

Ezodagrom
Jul 29, 2008, 01:26 PM
It's possible there will be one, but don't count on it until there's an official announcement about one.

Sekani
Jul 29, 2008, 01:30 PM
What you should be asking is whether or not anyone will buy another expansion. I know I won't. Unless it's free.

Kylie
Jul 29, 2008, 01:32 PM
I think there will be one (at least in Japan). I don't see how they'll get all the weapons and stuff we don't have yet out otherwise. But only time and ST / SEGA will tell.

zandra117
Jul 29, 2008, 01:38 PM
No, there will not be another expansion. Unless you count Phantasy Star Portable for PSP. Sonicteam said that they have a 5 year plan for the PSU series. The first year was spent on PSU v1, 2 years are spent on AOTI, then the final 2 years are spent releasing downloadable content for PSP. PSU is done expanding. Bring on the next Phantasy Star Series.

Ezodagrom
Jul 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
I still think there will be at the very least 1 more expansion.
PSU v1 had ep1 story offline and ep2 online, AOI has ep2 offline and ep3 online. There should be a new expansion with ep3 offline and new content/new free missions online (no new story probably).

Also I don't think AOI has enough content to last 2 years, at least on JP, unless they would just start releasing new difficulties like S3 for all missions (v1 and AOI).

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm 50/50 here. ST may use a new expansion to fix their failure. Theres data for Level 300 too, but I don't see us getting that far. I know that JP will get everything before PSU closes. But because of our gap, an expansion might not be possible. :/ By the time MAG ends, we'll be 8 months behind. That's a very long gap.

Cracka_J
Jul 29, 2008, 01:57 PM
Bring on the next Phantasy Star Series.

No, they must first sell the PS license to another, more reliable company/developer.

ST and SEGA have showed us they're done with supporting their games outside of Japan. Do the world a favor, make gamers, fanboys, and SEGA stockholders happy, and sell the outstanding PS license to a more reliable developer, one who actually cares about a world market.

Can you even imagine Capcom or SquareEnix acquiring that license? People would be bursting joygasms that a company that gives 2 shits is going to be developing/publishing/managing a game so many people love.

After a 20 year relationship, I'm 100% done with anything associated with SEGA when PSU is over. I hope they just cash in their chips and sell their franchises to other companies that matter while they still have time.

Kylie
Jul 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
I agree with J for the most part. I shudder at the thought of Capcom getting their hands on the Phantasy Star franchise though, but I'm still bitter about stuff they've done with Resident Evil and Streetfighter. I was never that into Sonic or any other SEGA game before PSU (I honestly scratched my head when trying to pick an avatar on the main board - "WHO ARE THESE CHARACTERS?"), and they definitely haven't impressed me. I wish they could get it together, but maybe it is best for them just to fade out of existence. :nono:

Ezodagrom
Jul 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm 50/50 here. ST may use a new expansion to fix their failure. Theres data for Level 300 too, but I don't see us getting that far. I know that JP will get everything before PSU closes. But because of our gap, an expansion might not be possible. :/ By the time MAG ends, we'll be 8 months behind. That's a very long gap.

As far as I know AOI only goes up to lvl 200. From what a GM said during a live support, 200 was the max they could go during testing but it could be possible that it could go higher (this doesn't mean that it will have a cap higher than lvl 200).

zandra117
Jul 29, 2008, 02:18 PM
I say put the game back in the hands of Reiko Kodama.

Dreadbiter
Jul 29, 2008, 02:18 PM
I really dont see it happening. I think we will get a steady (ha) flow of updates but not another expansion. It seems like most of our events are being based off of corporate sponsorship, so thats the way i see it continuing.

JAFO22000
Jul 29, 2008, 02:27 PM
What you should be asking is whether or not anyone will buy another expansion. I know I won't. Unless it's free.

Well then, you wouldn't TECHNICALLY be buying it if it were free, now would you??? WOULD YOU?!?!?!!?

Sekani
Jul 29, 2008, 02:50 PM
(I honestly scratched my head when trying to pick an avatar on the main board - "WHO ARE THESE CHARACTERS?")
B.D. Joe from Crazy Taxi is the only avatar they'll ever need.

Well then, you wouldn't TECHNICALLY be buying it if it were free, now would you??? WOULD YOU?!?!?!!?
Psh, details.

Shinko
Jul 29, 2008, 03:08 PM
No, they must first sell the PS license to another, more reliable company/developer.

ST and SEGA have showed us they're done with supporting their games outside of Japan. Do the world a favor, make gamers, fanboys, and SEGA stockholders happy, and sell the outstanding PS license to a more reliable developer, one who actually cares about a world market.

Can you even imagine Capcom or SquareEnix acquiring that license? People would be bursting joygasms that a company that gives 2 shits is going to be developing/publishing/managing a game so many people love.

After a 20 year relationship, I'm 100% done with anything associated with SEGA when PSU is over. I hope they just cash in their chips and sell their franchises to other companies that matter while they still have time.

lol I so agree with this. I'll been saying this for the longest. PSU and soinc is the only things that sega makes, i stick with. (even though they keep messing up with psu and making crappy sonic games) If they gave those two franchises up then i'll be don't with sega all together.

Games like that iron-man game only proves how bad sega have gotten

But anyways back on the main topic, Yes i think there will be at least one more expansion.

Middle
Jul 29, 2008, 04:15 PM
Japanese players will be pissed when there wont be an expansion though there will be at least one ... maybe

Zelos
Jul 29, 2008, 04:25 PM
Wow there's alot of sega bashing going on here O_O

pokefiend
Jul 29, 2008, 04:31 PM
I think a more important question here is... can a PS2 disc hold another expansion?

SStrikerR
Jul 29, 2008, 04:33 PM

After a 20 year relationship, I'm 100% done with anything associated with SEGA when PSU is over. I hope they just cash in their chips and sell their franchises to other companies that matter while they still have time. The J is DEFINATELY for jenious. No doubt about it.

Zelos
Jul 29, 2008, 04:42 PM
From what i hear the ps2 psu is full of hackers and spammers

Cracka_J
Jul 29, 2008, 04:44 PM

/thread

landman
Jul 29, 2008, 06:26 PM
I will buy the next PSU expansion
I would buy the next Phantasy Star by Overworks
I will buy the next Phantasy Star by Sonic Team
I wouldn't buy them if they were not from SEGA

MrPOW
Jul 29, 2008, 07:08 PM
I will buy the next PSU expansion
I would buy the next Phantasy Star by Overworks
I will buy the next Phantasy Star by Sonic Team
I wouldn't buy them if they were not from SEGA

IAWTP.

Zaft
Jul 29, 2008, 07:14 PM
I think a more important question here is... can a PS2 disc hold another expansion?

Well, PS2 can do FFXI, which is 100x larger than this game. I don't see why not.

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 10:04 PM
I hope there is, I want an offline EP3.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 29, 2008, 10:48 PM

FUCK YEAH SEAKING

I expect at least one

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
Phantasy Star license sold to Bioware.

Would this be awesome? Y/N

Syl
Jul 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
Next expansion:

PSU: Dawn of the White Beast

darkante
Jul 30, 2008, 03:43 AM
Next expansion:

PSU: Return of the old fart

=D...

Adriano
Jul 30, 2008, 04:11 AM
Next expansion:

:lol:this made rofl more than I shouldve.

Mewnie
Jul 30, 2008, 04:14 AM

n well hak u naxt lolololol

Ow.. my brain. I think I OD'd on easy there X3

Adriano
Jul 30, 2008, 04:16 AM
Noway, I had nothing D;

Sharkyland
Jul 30, 2008, 04:19 AM
If we are going to get an expansion, more rehashed enemies and levels. -.-

amtalx
Jul 30, 2008, 08:16 AM
No, there will not be another expansion. Unless you count Phantasy Star Portable for PSP. Sonicteam said that they have a 5 year plan for the PSU series. The first year was spent on PSU v1, 2 years are spent on AOTI, then the final 2 years are spent releasing downloadable content for PSP. PSU is done expanding. Bring on the next Phantasy Star Series.

If anyone is to get 13-15* items there WILL be another expansion. Why? Because the info for most of those items isn't on the AoI disc. There's a handful of 13-15* data on the disc, but we don't have pictures for most of those items for a reason. And wth does PSP have do do with PSU content?

Zelos
Jul 30, 2008, 08:47 AM
n well hak u naxt lolololol

Ow.. my brain. I think I OD'd on easy there X3

lol to bad i dont play the ps2 one its ugly =P

Alastor_Haven
Jul 30, 2008, 09:10 AM
Next expansion:

PSU: Dawn of the White Beast SSSSSSSSSSS Two

I'M RADY

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 30, 2008, 10:09 AM
It's almost the same as asking if there's a deity. Nobody knows--but at least in this sense, I'm sure somebody at Sega knows.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
What ST should do is make a next gen sequel to PSU, build a new engine from ground up on next gen hardware platforms only(X360,PC,& PS3 maybe EXCLUDING PS2 since they already did their favor on PSP), & not spend 3-4 years in development like they did in the past.

landman
Jul 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
Sadly the wii port of Phantasy Star Portable is the one with more possibilities to be released lol And I'd buy it xD

MrPOW
Jul 30, 2008, 08:05 PM
Next expansion:

HEL YEAH

Ryno
Jul 30, 2008, 08:10 PM
If we are going to get an expansion, more rehashed enemies and levels. -.-

this game is like never ending.
Then in the far far future we would be having level 100 Technics and going... 0_0

and then we would reach to level 1000. and going

and classes would get higher and higher

etc etc
hahaha!

just kidding

LOLOL!!

Bupon
Jul 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
I hope they do, the next one should have a new world were you need to be 200 to get in and its full of high level missions and 15 star drops.

Bear...
Jul 31, 2008, 02:48 AM
it will happen eventually. Then it will fail. a few months later they'll give it back to you.