PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Classified Pioneer 2 Files

Zeikier
Jul 29, 2008, 04:04 PM
This is a fanfic based on one of my characters, Lattiyx. This gives some info about his past. I'm assuming I'd have to request this being added to the Fan Fiction section of this site, and if so I request that, but I don't know what else I'd need to do.

Please leave feedback and tell me what you think!

Classified Pioneer 2 Files: Lattiyx, the D-Soldier
By: Zeikier

Accessing Pioneer 2 Military Database…
Searching for Soldier Files…
Accessing Top Secret Files…
2 Results Found…
Loading Information on Lattiyx, RAmar Class
Male: 34 years at time of incident
Assumed KIA…

Lieutenant Lattiyx Relgin was known as one of the most skillful marksmen in Pioneer 2’s black ops section of the government. His mentor, Magnus Rayze, was his only superior. Lattiyx story takes place 10 years ago, on a secret recon mission into the Gal Da Val Mountains region.

---

His group consisted of himself, his commanding officer, Magnus, and three other Hunters. The mission was to investigate an odd energy signature deep in the mountains.

The late afternoon air was dry and hot. It was silent, aside from the gravel cracking under the team’s footsteps. A bird’s call is heard in the distance.

“What kind of energy did the Terminal detect?” one of the Hunters asked.

“The Terminal detected energy of a paranormal nature,” Commander Magnus replied, “and they think it is affecting the wildlife.”

“It’s not like we haven’t dealt with hostile wildlife before,” another Hunter remarked.

“Don’t let your guard down,” Lattiyx added dryly. “This planet has a way of being very deceitful.”

Just after he said that, the sound of a rock crashing in the distance was heard. The team readied their weapons and aimed at their surroundings, ready for a fight. Lattiyx raised his rifle up to his eye and waited patiently for his target.

“Get ready, men,” Magnus warned. “We aren’t alone!”

There was now a dead silence. The birds stopped calling, and the wind whistled through the bending mountain path. The sun gleamed over their weapons, and for a moment, a cloud blocked the sun out.

At that moment, the pursuers made their move. From all directions, large feral beasts descended upon the team, easily outnumbering them three to one. The Hunters all desperately tried to hold their ground, but their enemies were too quick; they couldn’t land a hit. Only Lattiyx and Magnus managed to score a few hits. The two gunmen manage to take down about four of the attackers, but it would prove to be futile. The team was getting torn apart by the ravenous beasts, and within a few minutes, they were overwhelmed and left as a ravaged graveyard on the mountain path.

Lattiyx and his commanding officer managed to regain consciousness briefly, but neither of them could move. Their last sight was of mysterious figures advancing on them.

---

New information found on Lattiyx, Ranger…

D-Cell Fusion Experiment
Creating the Ultimate Hunter
Test Subject Number 1: Relgin, Lattiyx
D-Cell Fusion Successful
Code Name: Desperate Gun
Current Condition: Stable/Unconscious
Combat Ability: Unknown
Mental Stability: Unknown
Memory Status: Unknown
Current Whereabouts: Pioneer 2’s Lab
Threat Level: Unknown

Accessing information on second result…
D-Cell Test Subject Number 2: Rayze, Magnus
D-Cell Fusion Successful
Showing greater bonding to the D-Cell samples
Code Name: Magnum Omega
Current Condition: Stable
Combat Ability: Unprecedented
Mental Stability: Unstable
Memory Status: Unknown
Subject has escaped from Lab after 3 years of containment
Current Whereabouts: Unknown
Threat Level: Very High

Unauthorized Access of Private Military Files!
Terminating User Application…
Alerting Security…

Program Terminated|

Zeikier
Jul 31, 2008, 07:29 PM
...Really? That's it? Has PSU alienated the PSO fanbase THAT drastically?

W0LB0T
Jul 31, 2008, 09:14 PM
Nope. See the problem here is that you are not drawing peoples characters in a generic animie style. that's the only thing people care about around here (Its true, trust me). anything other than that, and your thread will die faster than a chicken owned by KFC

Hmmm...about your story. I'm probably not the best person to give feedback about a fanfiction, seeing as though I'm the kind of person who dosen't read fanfics.
Well I thought it was good. the computer info thing was a good way to get across a good chunk of info quickly.

Zeikier
Jul 31, 2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I figured that was what the reason was. Well, whatever the case, thanks for the feedback; it's appreciated!

Shadowpawn
Aug 1, 2008, 12:41 AM
Not much to critique here, really. The end of this story leaves much to be desired like what happened after the second D-cell soldier escaped or the combat data that lead to the D-cell soldier's ranking of "Unprecedented".

It just feels incomplete. However I think it could benefit from having a bunch of files lumped together. Like for example this one detailed the D-cell soldiers. Well you could have one that explores the nature of dark photonic energy, another that explains in detail the results of fusing dark photon energy with living tissue and one that explains the goal of the program for the ultimate hunter and the researchers involved. It also helps if you can tie it into the actual story of the game to give it a more authentic feel.

Zeikier
Aug 1, 2008, 02:18 AM
I understand where you’re coming from. I’ll try to clear a few things up...

This story was mainly my way of building a foundation to Lattiyx’s storyline. I didn’t go in too deep on a few things since I planned on keeping it short and to the point for now.

The brief mentioning of the second soldier - or Magnus, Lattiyx’s superior, if you recall – escaping was pretty much meant to stay brief. While Magnus does return at a later time in the story, I decided not to go into details until later on.

Explanation of the “Unprecedented” battle data, I feel, was another instance of unnecessary exposition; Magnus was described as one of the few people who have surpassed Lattiyx’s marksmanship, so it was left up to the reader to infer how and why combat skill was “Unprecedented.”

Those suggestions sound very intriguing. Now that I think about it, that would be interesting, by I usually try to avoid explaining D-Cells and their effects just in case the game describes it in another way (but who knows, maybe I will). The goal for the Ultimate Hunter could be explained, but it would mainly boil down to my assumptions that Pioneer 2’s government (at least part of it) is corrupt and wants to overthrow Tyrell in aspirations of ruling the new colony with military power rather than a freer form of government. I guess you can say the military branch of P2 (and for that matter, a few corrupt minds in the science division) are using the D-Soldiers as a sort of secret elite bodyguard service; an advanced version of the black ops teams such as the ones Lattiyx and Magnus were a part of.

And on the point of connecting to the story, I’m going to be honest here: I really don’t think Phantasy Star Online established a very good story. I’m not saying it’s completely absent, but it felt very vague with a lack of major character involvement, and you only get some showing of characters through quests, and those were very flat in structure (for example, I really wanted to see Dr. Montague’s character develop more than it did). I guess when you have a game like PSO, you can’t ask for much in the individual story department since so many other people are playing and myriad factors change what could work. I wanted to stay a fair distance away from involving the main story as I didn’t want to feel like making my own explanation as to why Flowen or Rico did this or that, but then again, Flowen's story could provide some decent ground for looking into (I’ve yet to learn about Episode 4’s story, by the way). I wanted to expand on matters less prominent in what little of the background of the main characters the game presents to us.

Shadowpawn
Aug 1, 2008, 04:42 PM
True, PSO did have a very vague story. To me that's the beauty of it, it allows you to bridge the gaps with conjuncture that , depending on your ability to tell a coherent story, can add new depth to an existing framework. However, you want to create your own IP based on the universe of PSO and that's cool. I've done both when I used to be big on writing short stories and the like. I haven't done so in years but if I have the time and creativity I would love to do so again.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more.

Zeikier
Aug 1, 2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks. I did realize that whole bridge the gaps thing as I wrote my explanation. It's almost inspiring to continue with these...