PDA

View Full Version : Nerd Upgrade

NPCMook
Jul 29, 2008, 08:28 PM
So I recently got a bunch of my friends to sign up for the RPGA along with me, I recently got my Number and soon after took the test to become a Herald-Level GM.

So yes, I'm an official GM... and I have the Card to Prove, figuratively speaking

Randomness
Jul 29, 2008, 08:28 PM
Level up?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2008, 08:29 PM
*nerdspeak*
In English please?

Tact
Jul 29, 2008, 08:34 PM
He has the ability to DM your games in a good fashion. In other words, he would be a good guy to have at the table in a game of Dungeons and Dragons.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
:???:

NPCMook
Jul 29, 2008, 08:40 PM
He has the ability to DM your games in a good fashion. In other words, he would be a good guy to have at the table in a game of Dungeons and Dragons.

Yeah, pretty much what Tact said, with permission from the LGS(Local Gaming Store) I can host events for running adventures, and earn points for special cards that add flare to gameplay.

Tact
Jul 29, 2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, pretty much what Tact said, with permission from the LGS(Local Gaming Store) I can host events for running adventures, and earn points for special cards that add flare to gameplay.

Special cards? Can you give us a few examples, or is that classified information?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2008, 08:41 PM
So... simply put, you can host local games in a store or some such?

NPCMook
Jul 29, 2008, 08:58 PM
:???:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga/hq/newcomers

Special cards? Can you give us a few examples, or is that classified information?
As a Player you can earn 4 types of Cards:

General cards are the most common and the ones likely to be used in a game session. Each general card has a benefit listed on the card. Once the benefit is triggered, the card is turned sideways to indicate it is used, and the bonus indicated on the card (usually +1 or +2) becomes active for the rest of the session. You can give any one ally (a character other than your own) the bonus at any time after a d20 roll has been made. Only one card bonus may be given to a d20 roll. Once the bonus has been spent, remove the general card from the play area or flip it face down. You can have as many general cards as you like in your stack (up to your limit).

Creation cards allow you to create a character of a new race or with an option unavailable to most characters. You can only have one creation card in your card stack, it must be assigned when the character is created, and it cannot be changed once chosen.

Expansion cards give your character new options, such as access to magic items normally unavailable. You can have as many different expansion cards as you like in your stack (up to your limit), they can be assigned at any time, and if they are removed at a later time, you lose access to the options on the card (which might mean you have to retrain or restrict future item access).

Quest cards are a special type of card linked to a specific program (usually a long-term official RPGA campaign). On each quest card, there are tasks listed that you have to perform in adventures. Your DM will inform you if you’ve completed the task and can gain credit from doing so. Once you’ve completed all the tasks, you unlock a special adventure playable only by those with the quest card in their stack and all tasks completed. You may have as many different quest cards as you like in your stack, they can be assigned at any time, and can be removed at any time. If you remove a quest card from your stack before finishing the tasks, you must complete all the tasks over again. Once you’ve played the special adventure associated with the card, you can remove the card from your stack.

GM's earn Special Miniatures(usually Re-colors), along with Campaign cards as well

Toadthroat
Jul 29, 2008, 09:49 PM
NPCMook is God-Tier neckbeard. Bow before his nerdery.

NPCMook
Jul 29, 2008, 10:01 PM
No, I'm not there yet, I still have to progress through Master and Grand-Master, and then begin securing funds to host my own RPGA/DCI conventions

Randomness
Jul 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
Interesting that the Duelists Convocation International has anything to do with a less cutthroat ordeal...

But its the same company.

(Does this make me a nerd for knowing what DCI stands for?)

Tact
Jul 29, 2008, 11:26 PM
(Does this make me a nerd for knowing what DCI stands for?)

No, because DCI could stand for a ton of things.

NPCMook
Jul 30, 2008, 02:29 AM
All I can say is if you join follow the rules, DCI/RPGA is more serious business than the internet, some people are banned for upwards to 50 years, one person in the RPGA received a Lifetime ban for Assault

Chuck_Norris
Jul 30, 2008, 02:31 AM
...o.o *kicks*

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2008, 02:56 AM
COMBO BREAKER!