PDA

View Full Version : By way of the grape vine

TalHex
Jul 30, 2008, 09:36 PM
well i'd say this is definitely a first, you guys know how we didn't get any new games in nintendo's major series this e3 right? well seems like some fans have gotten fed up with waiting and are actually making a full fledged star fox game, and its even going to have 3d graphics (no crappy sprites yay!) anyways heres the link if you guys want to check it out

http://kursed-game.net/ (might contain spoilers if you haven't played starfox command)

Tact
Jul 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hmm. I'm sorry to say that I'm not a very big fan of first-person shooters. :disapprove:

Maybe if it's supposed to be like Half-Life 2, it will take place on a planet named Planet 17. :wacko:

SpikeOtacon
Jul 30, 2008, 10:15 PM
So they are making a Half Life 2 Mod, which is a First Person Shooter about a space shooter?

And it isn't even remotely close to finished yet?

I don't even know what this topic is doing here.

As much as I enjoy the Star Fox series, this is just furry wankery.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2008, 10:17 PM
Too bad Command isn't considered part of the storyline.

DAMMIT, STUPID FAN GAMES.

VanHalen
Jul 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
:disapprove:

Boogie Troll
Jul 30, 2008, 10:25 PM
:disapprove:

FOCL.

Sayara
Jul 30, 2008, 10:29 PM
I hope that as you focus on the phosphorescent light of the last star
Your wish will be heard
I’m sure I can see, I hope I can see
Your irreplaceable smile tomorrow

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 30, 2008, 10:33 PM
Too bad that this is going to suck. Hard.

Lemme get this straight, just to be fair. A bunch of Starfox fans, clearly fans of Nintendo, are mad that a new Starfox game was released. Starfox games and Nintendo games in general are not known for story. They are known for fun gameplay. Nintendo is a company known for rehashing good games. They rehash what works because it's fun. These kids took a game without a story and added a useless story and background. They took the CORE ELEMENT AND IDEA OF A NINTENDO GAME AWAY. Guess why Starfox is still around? The Starfox games are good. What kind of games are they? Space shooters.

So slow down a minute and let me take this all in. They took a Nintendo game and added a story to it- that can be marked off with some heavy convincing. No one will care about it but hey, that's fine. But these kids took it a step further. They took a 15 year old game series, a space shooter and decided "Wait fuck space shooters. What makes a Nintendo game fun is the characters." Seriously, who the flying IRON MAN said that this was a good idea? They took a Nintendo game series, meaning the game is still around because it still has it's appealing core gameplay, AKA SPACE SHOOTING, and then turned it around. They took the appealing formula for a good Nintendo game and just said "FUCK THAT" and changed the game to a first person shooter.

There's no possible way a game like this could ever succeed. Who in flying douche bags would think this would work? Honestly, this is like turning a Mario game into a brawler or a Zelda game into a 2D fighter. It just doesn't work. You can't take the core gameplay away from a game, completely pummel it from the rear and then toss it to the side of the road and then say "WELLTHIS IS FINE TOO, RIGHT?"

Toadthroat
Jul 30, 2008, 10:33 PM
YEAH, WHAT HE SAID!

Airalean
Jul 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
Requesting move to off topic.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 31, 2008, 01:31 PM
Denying move to off topic.

SpikeOtacon
Jul 31, 2008, 01:52 PM
Relations between FKL and Off Topic are quite strained these days. I think we should have a bake sale.

Shadowpawn
Jul 31, 2008, 02:04 PM
Denying move to off topic.

Denial confirmed. Motioning for an appeal, we reconvene at wacko square after lunch.

astuarlen
Jul 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
Relations between FKL and Off Topic are quite strained these days. I think we should have a bake sale.

Black forest cake operatives spiked our brownies with rat poison!

Tessu
Jul 31, 2008, 02:06 PM
Black forest cake operatives spiked our brownies with rat poison!

Are you implying that the people in Off-Topic are rats?
HMMMMMMMMM

DLShAdOw
Jul 31, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ummmmmm Star Fox 64 is the only good Star Fox game... A Star Fox fps is stupid.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2008, 05:55 PM

Fact.

Though, I liked Assault, mainly because the ships felt faster.

VanHalen
Jul 31, 2008, 06:01 PM

Starfox Assault was pretty cool. Except it could've been longer than it would've been great.

TalHex
Jul 31, 2008, 06:23 PM
assault is fun with 3 or more people

Nai_Calus
Aug 1, 2008, 05:40 AM
Fan games always fail. Fact.

Especially if they're incredibly stupid.