PDA

View Full Version : Another MAG question

Trvgear
Jul 31, 2008, 11:13 AM
So because I'm as giddy as an untamed schoolgirl about tomorrows event/update, I have one one more question about it.

Will it be coming out late tonight (like some demos or trailers on the marketplace) or will it be released at a pre-set time tomorrow? Thanks in advance.

Aries2384
Jul 31, 2008, 11:17 AM
As with any other standard update... It will be available as soon as maintenance is done.... standard time..sheesh.. yeah.. when maintenance is done.

JAFO22000
Jul 31, 2008, 11:18 AM
I don't quite get your analagy. How would a feral pupil invoke a feeling of giddiness??

HellKnight
Jul 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
Maintenance runs from 11pm to 4am pacific time, the first time MAG came out it took them an extra hour and a half to get it running.

Trvgear
Jul 31, 2008, 12:02 PM
Maintenance runs from 11pm to 4am pacific time, the first time MAG came out it took them an extra hour and a half to get it running.

Damn time conversions making me wait until 6 A.M for my MAG, oh well five to six hours isn't too bad I guess.

Thanks for the info.

And JAFO,don't ask questions, it just does.

shadedragon94
Jul 31, 2008, 02:34 PM
When do the servers shutdown or will mag just apear and when will they come back up if they do shutdown.:-)

fay
Jul 31, 2008, 02:35 PM
if possible as an extra question to add here. do any of you know when the servers go down and back online in the UK time

Darius_Drake
Jul 31, 2008, 02:36 PM
If you are talking about the move they already shut the servers down and brought them back up. If you are looking at the glass as being half empty the servers will shutdown tonight at midnight.

Aries2384
Jul 31, 2008, 03:05 PM
When do the servers shutdown or will mag just apear and when will they come back up if they do shutdown.:-)

Maintenance (server shutdown..) starts at midnight pst and generally goes from anywhere from 2 hours to 5 hours. Did you TRY to look this up on the official page before asking? Or just expect everyone else to do your work for you? Maintenance has never changed. Go find information for yourself.

JAFO22000
Jul 31, 2008, 03:11 PM
if possible as an extra question to add here. do any of you know when the servers go down and back online in the UK time

They go down for maintenance at midnight PST on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Don't quote me, but I believe the UK is 5 hours ahead of EST and since EST is 3 hours ahead of PST, one can logically assume that the UK is 8 hours ahead of PST. As such, the servers should go down in the UK at around 8 AM on Friday and come back up some hours afterwards.

Turb0
Jul 31, 2008, 03:11 PM
Actually they normally shut down at 11pm pacific time and it usually takes them maybe 2 hours or so, but this is a bigger update so I'm guessing it'll take between 3 and 4 hours.

Fiohna
Jul 31, 2008, 03:33 PM
Actually they normally shut down at 11pm pacific time and it usually takes them maybe 2 hours or so, but this is a bigger update so I'm guessing it'll take between 3 and 4 hours.

Yeah, servers go down at 11pm PST, considering I live in California and I always get the message on Thursday nights at around 10:30-10:50 that the servers are going down.

That means 7am for the UK is when the servers will be going down, they will probably not be back up until 10am-12pm (noon) GMT.

fay
Jul 31, 2008, 03:40 PM
thanks guys. means i get to sleep tonight haha

leblancdiaz
Jul 31, 2008, 10:27 PM
Currently in Canada it's 9:30 pm, the Servers go down an hour and a half from know which is Canada mountain time. My theory is like WoW. PSU closes at 11pm up by 4am no later then 6am.