PDA

View Full Version : Quick Synthing Q? Single or Multi Snyth?

Clunker
Jul 31, 2008, 04:31 PM
As I rarely synth, I wanted to ask -

- is it better to synth one "item" per PM at a time,
- or can one synth multiple items per PM at the same time without affecting success?

Previously, I've had the impression that multiple synths had an invisible, but negative, effect on the
synth process.

Fiohna
Jul 31, 2008, 04:53 PM
There is no negative effect to synthesizing multiple items at the same time.

Indica
Jul 31, 2008, 05:08 PM
I would synth 1 item at a time per PM.

chicken105
Jul 31, 2008, 05:11 PM
if you were trying to get a higher % of one element. I'd do one at a time. if not multiple!

HellKnight
Jul 31, 2008, 05:54 PM
It really doesn't matter if you synthesize one at a time or multiple. In the end its all a numbers game, either your number is gonna come up for a nice percentage or its gonna be a bad percentage or its gonna break. But if you want an answer I say multiple synths, at least that's where I've had the best luck. Besides with this synthesis boost we're getting for MAG, you're gonna be able to make practically anything.

Clunker
Jul 31, 2008, 05:55 PM
Aha, so while multi-synthing doesn't affect success, it seems to affect elemental percent?

Hm, that means I can synth up my rifles and laser cannons, but will have to 1 on 1 the armors and melee weapons.

Drat. That could take a while.

Fiohna
Jul 31, 2008, 05:58 PM
Uhhh, no. It doesn't affect elemental %. I synthed 3 weapons at the same time and the lowest % I got was 32% (the other two were 42+%). I've also synthed 3 other weapons simultaneously and the best % I got was 24%. Synthing multiple items at the same time has no effect on the success rate or the elemental %.

Syl
Jul 31, 2008, 05:59 PM
Aha, so while multi-synthing doesn't affect success, it seems to affect elemental percent?

Nah, that's just a silly superstition that's as plausible as room decorations affecting your rare drops ;l

Fiohna
Jul 31, 2008, 06:00 PM
The only thing that has an invisible effect on the success % or elemental % is when you synth the item, as the RNG uses time as its seed. Good luck reverse engineering that, though. Not to mention that the seed changes every 1/1000 seconds.

JAFO22000
Jul 31, 2008, 06:01 PM
As I rarely synth, I wanted to ask -

- is it better to synth one "item" per PM at a time,
- or can one synth multiple items per PM at the same time without affecting success?

Previously, I've had the impression that multiple synths had an invisible, but negative, effect on the
synth process.

There is no solid evidence to prove or disprove that synthing multiple items at a time has positive or an adverse affect on the outcome of each synth.

In my personal experince, I have not seen a noticable difference in the amount of successes or failures whether I synth items one at a time or all at once.

I suppose if one were to synth multiple items at once, then pull them out, you would feel as if you failed more than if you took the same number of items and synthed them one at a time.

Imagine shooting a basketball at a hoop from the free throw line 100 times in a row versus shooting it 4 times a day for 25 days, without keeping an accurate count of makes and misses. I would bet that you would be able to make a better estimation of your makes vs. your misses in the first example than you would in the second example, only because you didn't do anything else in between shooting the baskets.

RedMussel
Jul 31, 2008, 08:09 PM
The only thing that has an invisible effect on the success % or elemental % is when you synth the item, as the RNG uses time as its seed. Good luck reverse engineering that, though. Not to mention that the seed changes every 1/1000 seconds.Or so they say.. o:

Clunker
Jul 31, 2008, 08:17 PM
Ok! So it seems the general consensus that I can synth my three Stormlines AND my Serafi Senba simultaneously, without adversely affecting success or Elemental Percentage?

Not to mention the other 12 things I want to synth and USE RIGHT AWAY! ^^;

Tetsaru
Jul 31, 2008, 10:25 PM
Tetsaru's Synthing Advise 101

It either succeeds, or it fails. The success % rates can be deceiving. I once failed my very first Shigga Desta board at 96%, which was back when we had the 1-up event synth rate bonus in effect. Several other people have also failed Psycho Wands at 99%. ONLY when a board has a 100% success rate (such as Halp Serafi, Twin Fluorescent Bulbs, etc.) will you be guaranteed an item.

Armor synthing continues to be a pain in the ass and highly non-profitable, due to the high cost and large quantity of hard materials needed - no conversion boards (the C -> B rank, B -> A rank etc. things for wood, metals, and catalyst materials) currently exist for these materials. Also, despite higher success % rates since the expansion, S rank armors tend to constantly fail. Thus, I have personally deleted my armor PM and ceased any further armor synthing. A lot of 9* weapons can be frustrating as well, with rates below 70%, even on "pure" PM's... -_-X

Elemental %'s are ALWAYS random, ranging from 10% to 50% at certain even-number increments. The only real way to get a good elemental % for a weapon is to get a bunch of boards for it, and synth them all at once, all the same element. Then, just use the best one that comes out.

Other than how to make certain PM types, that's really about all you need to know...

Seority
Aug 1, 2008, 02:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl_S_uppuOc

It makes your eyes curl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IkNjKRWjT0

Even more to know that this person quit.
:)