PDA

View Full Version : Spread Needle/G winning characters from MAG1 can win them again in MAG2 (link)

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 1, 2008, 02:04 AM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=84523

chillaura:

"The 2nd MAG event leaderboards, both the Time Attack and Kill Ranking, will be open to all players who were not delisted for glitching during the first MAG event.

Enjoy the competition, don't forget to eat and sleep.

-Chill"

DAMASCUS
Aug 1, 2008, 02:10 AM
Having gone through earning the SN the first time around I wouldn't think that even half of them would consider double-dipping. I'm sure that most of them would rather enjoy MAG the second time around showing off the SN they got the first time.

Then there are the obsessed few...and I'll be joining 'em XD

Mag_Launcher
Aug 1, 2008, 02:23 AM
So I see they were too lazy to filter out any winning characters, and now people can just double dip with the same damn character they used last time.

Great, guess I get to spend even more hours per day just to maintain a spot so I can at least get ONE needle from this godawful event.

Seority
Aug 1, 2008, 02:32 AM
I think this is unfair also.
I understand that if people really want a max total of 8 SN's, they'd spend their time with it, but it makes it's unfair to us, who just want one. Now the past winners can get on the boards and get another SN, filling up a slot for someone else who doesn't have one.

Yes, they should enjoy MAG this time around, but if they were really willing to do it before, they still have the will to do it again.
This isn't going to change anything sadly so, if anything, I'm glad the cheaters are disqualified.
;>>

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 1, 2008, 02:34 AM
It's true... I plan on spamming Ema again as well as Yusaku and Harry Potter.

Turb0
Aug 1, 2008, 02:37 AM
Hmmmmm....Before hearing this I was planning to do it on my cast and I still kind of want to because of the SUV but now I'm tempted to just do it on my beast again. Hopefully the servers don't go up for a bit, I suck at making decisions fast lol.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 1, 2008, 02:41 AM
Hmmmmm....Before hearing this I was planning to do it on my cast and I still kind of want to because of the SUV but now I'm tempted to just do it on my beast again. Hopefully the servers don't go up for a bit, I suck at making decisions fast lol.

The only fast decision I want to make is to hop online as insanely fast as possible and start racking points before anybody else.

Turb0
Aug 1, 2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah that's what I'm doing too. I'm planning on staying up all night tonight and playing all day friday to get a head start because I won't be able to play sunday through wednesday.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 1, 2008, 03:07 AM
Yeah that's what I'm doing too. I'm planning on staying up all night tonight and playing all day friday to get a head start because I won't be able to play sunday through wednesday.

I have to send my 360 in for repairs soon because of recurring 3RLOD. PSU doesn't seem to make my 360 spend enough juice to 3RLOD, but I can't play GTAIV or anything else and it's rather annoying. I'll probably send it in in about a week or so. I want to get another 360 back before Neudaiz GBR starts, I suppose. But don't we get Remaining Blades first? That mission looks killer too. I plan on gaining 120k with two characters before I send my box in. So whenever that happens is when I stop.

joefro
Aug 1, 2008, 03:11 AM
"The 2nd MAG event leaderboards, both the Time Attack and Kill Ranking, will be open to all players who were not delisted for glitching during the first MAG event.

Enjoy the competition, don't forget to eat and sleep.

-Chill"

LOL^^;

It does suck that I will have to work harder for a SN/G but at least the cheaters won't get a second chance.

Miyoko
Aug 1, 2008, 03:13 AM
... So... So... So stupid...

I can't believe they found a way to make this even worse >_>

Arika
Aug 1, 2008, 03:19 AM
hmm, so they are going to put TA board still?
I hope that they already learned their way to prevent cheater/glitcher now, since I heard that the hacker who did the legendary comedy inTA board in the last min of 1st MAG. somehow, cooperates with chillaura to help on this.

The_Brimada
Aug 1, 2008, 04:15 AM
I lol'd @ the people who were DQ'd last time. They get no second chance.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 1, 2008, 04:28 AM
kinda sucks to see that they can earn another one, but it's just like any high dollar item in this game the ultra rich or the "unwaivering hardcore" get everything they can. I'm still going to try to get on and get one for myself after buying a few this morning.

Kizeragi
Aug 1, 2008, 04:45 AM
There goes my chances of keeping my social life and getting 2 Spread Needles :/...

Golto
Aug 1, 2008, 07:35 AM
It makes you think what took them so long since filtering out the previous top 500 was the only major new codiing they would have had to do.

Cracka_J
Aug 1, 2008, 07:48 AM
I lol'd @ the people who were DQ'd last time. They get no second chance.

THIS.

These new rules are awesomeness for that statement alone.

A final "fuckoff" to the cheaters. Go burn/die/each it somewhere.
<3<3<3

Powder Keg
Aug 1, 2008, 07:55 AM
I'm not sure if that's what that really means. He said players. not characters.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

amtalx
Aug 1, 2008, 08:04 AM
@#$%!!! I kind wish they hadn't done this. One of the things that kept me on the fence about getting another one was that my only eligible character was a Lvl 12 Beast Hunter. Now I can go tear-assing through C-ranks with my maxed out Cast fG and twin Spread Needles? I almost have to go for another one now...

As a side note, they probably did this because they couldn't figure out a way to recode the leaderboards to ignore previous SN/G winners' kill counts but still add them to the total server count in time to deploy the event on schedule.

Kizeragi
Aug 1, 2008, 08:16 AM
@#$%!!! I kind wish they hadn't done this. One of the things that kept me on the fence about getting another one was that my only eligible character was a Lvl 12 Beast Hunter. Now I can go tear-assing through C-ranks with my maxed out Cast fG and twin Spread Needles? I almost have to go for another one now...

As a side note, they probably did this because they couldn't figure out a way to recode the leaderboards to ignore previous SN/G winners' kill counts but still add them to the total server count in time to deploy the event on schedule.

Might as well go for it. Bottom of the 500 are barely past 1k.

Voison
Aug 1, 2008, 09:07 AM
Lame.

I'm not wasting my time again.

Not Worth It.

Cracka_J
Aug 1, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure if that's what that really means. He said players. not characters.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Actually, I think that's exactly what it means.

As "players" would refer to the entire account (all characters) and "character" would refer to 1 specific character.

By stating all players who were not delisted are eligible, that would mean all players, and all of their account characters, are eligible to re-participate. It would also mean that the haxorz from the 1st event are account # banned from leaderboards, and are now feeling a fiery pain in their netheregions.

I see the downsides of this, but I'm really too overwhelmed by the action taken against the cheaters to not be applauding this right now at work.

Awesomeness.

Kizeragi
Aug 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
Actually, I think that's exactly what it means.

As "players" would refer to the entire account (all characters) and "character" would refer to 1 specific character.

By stating all players who were not delisted are eligible, that would mean all players, and all of their account characters, are eligible to re-participate. It would also mean that the haxorz from the 1st event are account # banned from leaderboards, and are now feeling a fiery pain in their netheregions.

I see the downsides of this, but I'm really too overwhelmed by the action taken against the cheaters to not be applauding this right now at work.

Awesomeness.

I agree with that. Plus thanks to this new rule I can use my 130 PT again, instead of a 97 FT. ^^;

amtalx
Aug 1, 2008, 09:22 AM
Might as well go for it. Bottom of the 500 are barely past 1k.

Wow, slow start. I'll probably end up getting one without even trying...

Miyoko
Aug 1, 2008, 05:03 PM
So are there any first-time-boarders no the second board, here? I really want to make sure that we can actually get another sneedle. I mean, just 'cause they're letting us onto the boards again, doesn't exactly mean we'll get another needle for it >_>

MysticGoten
Aug 1, 2008, 07:40 PM
Its not fair, more than likely the leaderboards will be filled by people who played way too much and hit the level cap.

Plus I can't imagine constantly doing C rank runs...

If you already got a needle, you should not be able to prevent another person from getting one for whatever reason (probably to make a quick 60 mil)

Thats bogus.

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 07:51 PM
I personally think it's fair to allow the people who won them last time to participate again. A lot of them went through hell spamming C runs like crazy and were the biggest overall source to the global killcount. Plus, since when have competitive events in MMOs encouraged people to go out and "have lives?" I can't think of any. And no, I did not get a Spread Needle / G.