View Full Version : so many people on for MAG

fay
Aug 1, 2008, 09:26 AM
the 360 server right now

universe 1,2 and 3 are maxed out.
universe 4 has one star.
another 4 universes have a star
and another one has part of a star

thats like 4 full universes and part of one.
most iv ever seen.

whats the pc/ps2 servers looking like just now?

ps. id like to confirm that we get vanilla rappys. just got them there

Kizeragi
Aug 1, 2008, 09:28 AM
It's about 2 1/2 stars here I think.

darkante
Aug 1, 2008, 09:38 AM
Not so much people actually.

I´m kinda envious of the population on Xbox side.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 1, 2008, 11:54 AM
the most i've seen during 1st MAG peak hour on x360 was 36 full stars i believe, which is roughly 7 full universes spread all over the whole server..

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 12:24 PM
Give it time, a lot of people are at work, though I doubt we're going to hit more than one full Universe. Thanks to the hackers almost a year ago, I doubt PS2/PC will ever see the days of 2 full Universes or more again. :/

Yuicihi
Aug 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
It's also lagging to high heaven. About a minute for universe swapping, two for the counter to actually load.

Turb0
Aug 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
It's also lagging to high heaven. About a minute for universe swapping, two for the counter to actually load.

Yeah I know. I was just taking the forest part in a speed run and it literally took 35 seconds for the damage of one shot go in effect. I know it's partly due to the amount of people, but I'm resetting my connection anyway to see if it does anything. That much lag is just unbearable.

Kylie
Aug 1, 2008, 01:03 PM
It's about three to three and a half right now. I expect it to stay like that for this week, or it might go up to four. Maybe. I don't think it'll get to four and a half or five like it did with the first MAG, but a good bit of people should be coming back. It's kind of sad when you think about it though - how many people play for caps and events now. :\

Raven5_1
Aug 1, 2008, 01:36 PM
of all the days for my wifi connection to go to shit it keeps cutting out ever 5 minutes

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 01:43 PM
It's about three to three and a half right now. I expect it to stay like that for this week, or it might go up to four. Maybe. I don't think it'll get to four and a half or five like it did with the first MAG, but a good bit of people should be coming back. It's kind of sad when you think about it though - how many people play for caps and events now. :

Hackers encouraged people to leave the game by screwing the economy over and messing with innocent people. :/

I don't know why the online PS games seem to attract so many hackers that enjoy ruining the games. But even though SEGA actually did a good job banning the majority of them, the game hasn't been able to recover from the mass exodus that happened over a year ago. :(

Voison
Aug 1, 2008, 02:14 PM
I just counted 28 Stars.

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 02:17 PM
If you're responding to me, I was talking about PC/PS2 servers. There is no way in hell that there are 28 stars worth of players on the PC/PS2 side.

Voison
Aug 1, 2008, 02:20 PM
If you're responding to me, I was talking about PC/PS2 servers. There is no way in hell that there are 28 stars worth of players on the PC/PS2 side.

No i ment the 360.

Sorry.

amtalx
Aug 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hackers encouraged people to leave the game by screwing the economy over and messing with innocent people. :/

I don't know why the online PS games seem to attract so many hackers that enjoy ruining the games. But even though SEGA actually did a good job banning the majority of them, the game hasn't been able to recover from the mass exodus that happened over a year ago. :(

Sadly, ALL online games attract hackers. PSU really isn't bad in the grand scheme of things. Mostly because the game isn't popular enough that you can make good money selling items and currency.

Yuicihi
Aug 1, 2008, 03:59 PM
If you're responding to me, I was talking about PC/PS2 servers. There is no way in hell that there are 28 stars worth of players on the PC/PS2 side.You should probably be happy; the lag on the 360 servers is terrible. Even storing things is a pain with the lag.

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 04:26 PM
Sadly, ALL online games attract hackers. PSU really isn't bad in the grand scheme of things. Mostly because the game isn't popular enough that you can make good money selling items and currency.

I know, but the online PS games seem to attract particularly malicious communities of hackers bent on ruining the game. Most of the hackers in other games are out to make a profit or just to have fun, but people like Broomop and others were screwing with innocent players because they had some personal vendetta against SEGA.

Ethateral
Aug 1, 2008, 04:35 PM
You should probably be happy; the lag on the 360 servers is terrible. Even storing things is a pain with the lag.
Didn't we have a lag problem the first week of MAG 1? Then it was fixed the next week with mateinence? =/ I could've sworn we had this problem before. I just know that I'm trying to tag EVERYTHING as best as I can. It's so bad that I sometimes lag to the point where my team is already halfway across the map. ;.;

Turb0
Aug 1, 2008, 04:38 PM
We might've had some minor lag but I don't remember any lag problems like this. I mean, on one speed C run, I missed the whole vanda block because I was still on the loading screen. :roll:

Ethateral
Aug 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
We might've had some minor lag but I don't remember any lag problems like this. I mean, on one speed C run, I missed the whole vanda block because I was still on the loading screen. :roll:

On Block B of the mines, it took me a good 5 minutes to even load, and they were already in the caged off room! >_< It's so bad.... It's actually making me angry, because it takes so long to store, restock, get to the 5th floor, start a mission, and load inbetween blocks. When it shouldn't. =/

Turb0
Aug 1, 2008, 04:54 PM
Yay, story time.:D This one time I went to go in the counter and I listened to almost all of a 6 minute song before it loaded...only to lag out.:-x Luckily it hasn't been too bad in the past hour or so though, let's hope it keeps that up.

Forumchibi
Aug 8, 2008, 07:43 PM
So PC/PS2 population still sucks? Guess I won't be coming back after all...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 8, 2008, 07:57 PM
I still don't see why the population makes such a huge difference, especially when everyone plays one of two missions (event or not) nonstop anyway.

I guess it would be nice to have several thousand more people, but to me that just means more shitty players that waste my time when I join random parties.

I'd reckon PC will never get above 4 stars at this point (Universe 2 was actually full for about 3 minutes during the first MAG), but I don't see that as a deciding factor on whether or not to play the game.

Forumchibi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
The problem with a small population is if you've been gone for several months, like me, the level cap has changed and everyone else is running the highest level rank missions while I'm stuck at the ones one or two ranks below and just end up soloing constantly and getting extremely bored again. And I was never that high to begin with, only got to maybe 100 or so during the 1-Up Cup, so now I'm 40 levels behind.

ashley50
Aug 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
So PC/PS2 population still sucks? Guess I won't be coming back after all...

Good for you...

Powder Keg
Aug 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
Give it time, a lot of people are at work, though I doubt we're going to hit more than one full Universe. Thanks to the hackers almost a year ago, I doubt PS2/PC will ever see the days of 2 full Universes or more again. :/

We may not even see one.

We'll have to see what happens when we get the new missions/GBR or the Carnival much later.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 10, 2008, 12:56 PM
The problem with a small population is if you've been gone for several months, like me, the level cap has changed and everyone else is running the highest level rank missions while I'm stuck at the ones one or two ranks below and just end up soloing constantly and getting extremely bored again. And I was never that high to begin with, only got to maybe 100 or so during the 1-Up Cup, so now I'm 40 levels behind.You would hit 140 in a week in mag even if you dont play that much