exact same thing 3 times over

now i went +9 ...broke
isnt +9 with 3 stars guarented?

Dirkster111
Aug 1, 2008, 10:53 AM
Why not wait for the grinding boost?

JAFO22000
Aug 1, 2008, 10:55 AM
Wow! You tried grinding 3 times and couldn't get it past three?? That is horrible luck! I mean you should have at least, AT LEAST, gotten it to +8 with those grinders....

fay
Aug 1, 2008, 10:56 AM
i wasnt gonna grind all the way. i was just gonna do the first 3 grinds because its ment to be guarented, very high, very high.

the point in this topic though is the fact that it broke on a guarented.
i was just asking if anyone knows why it could of happened. maby the grid is wrong or maby kubara weapons have a worse grind chance or something:S

JAFO22000
Aug 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
i wasnt gonna grind all the way. i was just gonna do the first 3 grinds because its ment to be guarented, very high, very high.

the point in this topic though is the fact that it broke on a guarented.
i was just asking if anyone knows why it could of happened. maby the grid is wrong or maby kubara weapons have a worse grind chance or something:S

While it has never happened to me, I have heard of people failing grinds that were described as "No chance of failure".

darkante
Aug 1, 2008, 11:01 AM
While it has never happened to me, I have heard of people failing grinds that were described as "No chance of failure".

Thatīs because the grind is not 100 %
Itīs actually maybe 2-3 % less.

From what i figured out since all grinding i have done, its very rarely i have failed on with that status message.
So thatīs why i have come to this conclusion.

DarkShadowX
Aug 1, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yea, just cause it says No Chance of Failure, doesn't mean it won't fail. 'No Chance of Failure' is a range of 95%-100% chance of succeeding. Just wasn't your day.

fay
Aug 1, 2008, 11:10 AM
tell me about it.

my character felt like she was about to comit suicide (she told me via mimic doll=] )

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 11:57 AM
Yea, just cause it says No Chance of Failure, doesn't mean it won't fail. 'No Chance of Failure' is a range of 95%-100% chance of succeeding. Just wasn't your day.

This is absolutely true. Check out PSUpedia's weapon grinding page for the % ranges for the different things the grinder women say.

afterthoughtz
Aug 1, 2008, 12:19 PM
Kinda like synthesizing a weapon with 3* and a 99% chance, and then having ydral come out:-x

Kizeragi
Aug 1, 2008, 12:20 PM
Kinda like synthesizing a weapon with 3* and a 99% chance, and then having ydral come out:-x

LUCK. DOES. NOT. AFFECT. A. SYNTH.

/capslock

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 12:22 PM

/capslock

Truth.

afterthoughtz
Aug 1, 2008, 12:24 PM

/capslock
OMG. THATS. NOT. THE. POINT.
The point is, even with a 99% chance of it being completed AND WITH 3* luck(dont give a damn if its affected or not) it still isnt guaranteed

Cracka_J
Aug 1, 2008, 12:27 PM
OMG. THATS. NOT. THE. POINT.
The point is, even with a 99% chance of it being completed AND WITH 3* luck(dont give a damn if its affected or not) it still isnt guaranteed

inb4shouldhavewaitedformagbonusesthatmakeit100%syn th

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 12:28 PM
Of course it's not. 99% isn't guaranteed, there's a 1% chance of failure. The 3* luck has no effect, so it's like saying you're wearing a pink bikini outfit while synthing AND IT STILL FAILS WTF.

Ethateral
Aug 1, 2008, 04:30 PM
I couldn't get my Psycho Wand past 2 grinds after I tried several months ago. It's still sitting at 2/7. (Bought it at 3/9) =/ I'm just gonna wait for the grinding boost and a 3* day. Hopefully I can get a bunch of S+10s though. >_<

Very High isn't a guaranteed grind either. I've had stuff failing going from 0 -> 1, lol. I don't think Kubara have a bad grinding streak. I've grinded a LOT of Kubara products to high grinds. I believe it's just bad luck and not your day is all. =/ Wait for the Grinding boost to get it up higher! ^^

darkante
Aug 1, 2008, 04:35 PM
I couldn't get my Psycho Wand past 2 grinds after I tried several months ago. It's still sitting at 2/7. (Bought it at 3/9) =/ I'm just gonna wait for the grinding boost and a 3* day. Hopefully I can get a bunch of S+10s though. >_<

Very High isn't a guaranteed grind either. I've had stuff failing going from 0 -> 1, lol. I don't think Kubara have a bad grinding streak. I've grinded a LOT of Kubara products to high grinds. I believe it's just bad luck and not your day is all. =/ Wait for the Grinding boost to get it up higher! ^^

I have very badluck when it comes to grinding.
So my aim is pretty low (3 grinds) :S

PW got scratched 2 times, before reaching 3. >.>

Ethateral
Aug 1, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have very badluck when it comes to grinding.
So my aim is pretty low (3 grinds) :S

PW got scratched 2 times, before reaching 3. >.>

Usually, if it's something I don't really care about, it gets to a high grind, which is everything except for my Pwands or Mags/wands. I care too much about those that if I say "Oh yeah, I don't care!" It usually gets to like 2/2, or 4/4 or something. So I'll just chance my 2/7 with the boost. My 1/10? ahaha... Too scared even with the boost. >_<;;

afterthoughtz
Aug 1, 2008, 05:22 PM
Of course it's not. 99% isn't guaranteed, there's a 1% chance of failure. The 3* luck has no effect, so it's like saying you're wearing a pink bikini outfit while synthing AND IT STILL FAILS WTF.

The 3* luck while synthesizing may not be related, but i dont give a damn, i always SEEM TO HAVE better %'s with it, now is that really a big deal to you? And do you know what, if i think i get better %'s while wearing a pink bikini...GUESS WHAT.....i'm gonna wear one! But we both now how stupid and immature it ws for you to bring that in, considering 3* is known to help in some stuff whereas clothes in nothing, but its ok, i forgive you:-D

@ Cracka_J: this was even before the first MAG so i couldnt of.

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
I don't get it... How was my analogy immature? I was just comparing 3* luck to something else unrelated to item synthesis success. Neither gives any noticeable increase to synth rate, and neither can be disproved. But hey, at least when you wear a pink bikini, you look good regardless of whether you fail or succeed.

MysticGoten
Aug 1, 2008, 07:26 PM
I only grind when I have 3 star luck. I've probabaly have grinded about 20 phantoms following the PSUpedia page and the best I have is an 8/8 and an 9/9.

I'll post my whole grinding experience later since I kept all my grindings on a text document.

Check this page: http://psupedia.info/Weapon_Grinding

afterthoughtz
Aug 1, 2008, 07:30 PM
I don't get it... How was my analogy immature? I was just comparing 3* luck to something else unrelated to item synthesis success. Neither gives any noticeable increase to synth rate, and neither can be disproved. But hey, at least when you wear a pink bikini, you look good regardless of whether you fail or succeed.
Lol sorry about that, i was in a bad mood cause i had to fire someone today and when they argue...well....ya. But a nicer way to say is "What i mean is, 3* luck would come into effect way before a pink bikini lol, and yes it must be all in my head, i'm not denying that, but on the other hand it always SEEMS i have better luck with it being 3*. Ever experience something where it seems that if you did something beforehand that what you was tryin to accomplish came out better no matter how un-related it was, well this is the same thing for me:-P

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 07:30 PM
Yes, 3* luck affects grind success rate, not item synthesis rate. I've been playing this game since it launched and am very familiar with PSUP and PSOW.

EDIT: Just saw your post, afterthoughtz. Sorry you had to fire someone, that rarely is a pleasant situation to experience for either party... Well, no point in stopping you from only synthing when you have 3* luck. I guess it's like my theory for synthing good grinders that no one seems to believe.

afterthoughtz
Aug 1, 2008, 07:35 PM
Well i still do it without 3* and usually it comes out ok, but grinding, dont even get me started, i could go in with S-10's and 3* and still break em' left and right

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling about grinding. :/

Grinding is the most stressful part about PSU, when I see that progress bar shaking and flashing on my S ranks, I'm usually staring at the screen wide-eyed in horror, waiting for it to shatter into a million pieces...

afterthoughtz
Aug 1, 2008, 07:44 PM
I usually have my eyes squeeze so tight the start to water hahaha, and if i hear an explosion well, its falled by another one as my controller makes contact with the wall lol, jking!

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 07:54 PM
I can't even imagine grinding with anything less than when there's a "Very high" chance of success, as it always seems to fail on that. :/

My brother managed to grind something to +8 with a "fifty-fifty" chance, though... I don't get how he did it, or even brought himself to take that chance...

Advent-
Aug 1, 2008, 08:06 PM
For some odd reason, grinding is harder with 3* then when i have 2* luck.

Moonwalker
Aug 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
so when are we supposed to get this grinding bonus?

Advent-
Aug 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
After MAG2.

gryphonvii
Aug 1, 2008, 10:47 PM
be glad you actually made your psycho. A friend made one a while back only to have it fail. So really, synthesis and grinding are the same in that 99% =/= guarantee