PDA

View Full Version : Missing Amy / Knuckles?

Seority
Aug 2, 2008, 03:56 AM
Yes I spammed a good hour at Sonic, but I have nothing in my box. Yes it was empty last night. I got my treasure chest and rappy tip, but no statues.
Anyone else missing out?
Who should I report this too?
><;

RedMussel
Aug 2, 2008, 03:59 AM
Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Kizeragi
Aug 2, 2008, 05:41 AM
I got mine anyway. x_x

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 2, 2008, 07:30 AM
Were you concerned that it looked like

Happy Birthday S
onic!

Did you put in an extra space to correct that?

landman
Aug 2, 2008, 07:47 AM
Or if you put it in capitals you didn't had to put an extra space. I only spamed it once in capitals, and I got the statues.

CosmicShot
Aug 2, 2008, 08:00 AM
I didn't get it along with 2 of my friends. We spammed out Happy Birthday
Sonic!!

But we never got anything. We said straight to Tail and Sonic when they were running around.

Seority
Aug 2, 2008, 09:50 AM
I had it more like

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Kinda thing.
I saw other people spamming it also, so I thought I'd be ok to use.
Did he really only look for, "Happy Birthday Sonic" ?

darkante
Aug 2, 2008, 09:55 AM
I´m suprised i got the statues seeing what i said on his birthday.

"Hope you die in a fire Sonic, on your birthday"

Seriously...i´m confused. :O

Kylie
Aug 2, 2008, 10:10 AM
I got mine, and I made sure to say it a few different ways in different places. ;o

landman
Aug 2, 2008, 10:31 AM
I had it more like

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Kinda thing.

Yes, you had to say the exact "Happy Birthday Sonic!" (or "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC!")

DarkEliteRico
Aug 2, 2008, 10:38 AM
I had it more like

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Kinda thing.
Yes they actually were looking for "Happy Birthday Sonic" if i can find the info on it it actually said anything else wouldn't be accepted. Sorry but it looks like you missed out on it this time.

Kylie
Aug 2, 2008, 10:59 AM
They actually made this one pretty clear.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20080619a

Noblewine
Aug 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
I got mine. It also works if you use, "Happy Birday Day Sonic" with the color code sentax.

Skids
Aug 2, 2008, 12:12 PM
had it more like

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Kinda thing.

Eek! If that was the only way you typed it. It looks like your not getting one. They made it pretty clear that the only way you can get the statue for this year. Was in any lobby Where you typed this once.

"Happy Birthday S
onic!"

or
"Happy Birthday Sonic!"

If you failed to do that your not geting a free one. Since they said if you typed L33t or a variation of that phrase. They would not accepted it. Plus people in the lovvies who were spamming variation proably did it correctly once before going spam happy.

Para
Aug 2, 2008, 12:19 PM
My common box was full but I cleaned out my common box, logged off and logged back on and volia! Amy and Knuckles :)

Delete
Aug 2, 2008, 12:23 PM
Seority, if your on 360, you can have mines if you dont already have em. I got 3 amys and 2 knuckles.

RobTrance
Aug 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
Aww missed out ; ; If you really want them, i'd buy them now while they're cheap.. price will only go up unless segac are planning on doing another birthday thing to get Amy n Knuck statues.

Mutt12
Aug 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
Odd. I said it once almost as an afterthought before the clock struck 2am and I got em.

DarkLord Hades
Aug 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
I got mine by chasing Sonic around the statues in uni 2 & cranking out an annoying amount of Happy Birthday Sonic! (had to ensure the Knuckles stat would be MINE)
You probably typed in "leet"

DarkLord Hades
Aug 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
I didn't get it along with 2 of my friends. We spammed out Happy Birthday
Sonic!!

But we never got anything. We said straight to Tail and Sonic when they were running around.

also I just noticed that u used 2 exclamation points... if u did that on Sonic's B-day then that explains it cause it had to be like this: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC! or Happy Birthday Sonic! (with just 1 yeah its petty but so are they... maybe)

Seority
Aug 4, 2008, 10:29 AM
Before I started to spam, I did type out, "Happy Birthday Sonic!"
Then a:
"Happy Birthday
Sonic!"
Then I spamed:
"Happy
Birthday
Sonic!"
Then my current phrase:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/Seority/psu20080623_171332_002.jpg

Like I said, I was there for a while, so i still got jipped out of them, so I don't know if my proof really helps.
I wanted to buy them, but so far people are putting Amy's up for 10mil, and no ones selling Knuckles. Who the hell is going to buy that??
Aye this really sucks. (//_-)'

Astarin
Aug 4, 2008, 10:35 AM
Seority, people are selling Knuckles, it's just hard to search for in player shops. In short, you can't search by item name "Knuckles", because the game will then display only knuckle-type weapons. For more details, check out this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147933).

Seority
Aug 4, 2008, 11:10 AM
Alright. I'll try that, but I'm still not going to pay 10 mil for one damn room deco. ._.'
1 mil maybe.

holotiip
Aug 4, 2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks for posting this seority. I am on pc side and I also did not receive the statues after correctly typing Happy Birthday Sonic! I dont beleive this problem was widespread enough for SEGAR to care about it. There just statues though and its not like I can use em for a weapon or anything; but it would have been nice to have them so I could have had a full collection.

Seority
Aug 4, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah. It's fustrating to participate in events and not get your promised rewards.
Kinda like if none of us get our Sange, or if the leaderboard people didn't get their Spreed Needles.
Just sucks. ><

Cracka_J
Aug 4, 2008, 02:27 PM
I really don't get this. They almost cookie cutter laid out on their website how you were to type it, and pretty descriptively said how you would not be receiving them if the text was altered in any way from what was posted.

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Is not even close to "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC!".

It was a text triggered event, not somebody (ie sonic) that stood out there writing down everyone's names that wished him a happy birthday. Next time, you should probably read the rules & regulations thoroughly before complaining about something. It sucks, but it was literally spelled out on the official site EXACTLY how to do it. I can't feel sorry about that at all.

I prolly love to hate on segac & the mods the most out of any of you guys, but this was something that happened the first year, and something the mods took precaution to avoid said situation again the following year. If you missed out this time, you really can't blame anyone but yourself.

holotiip
Aug 4, 2008, 02:40 PM
Please read what was posted. Me and seority did both type the required phrase. She also made her own birthday greeting. I know how the statues are obtained as I have the sonic and knucles statues on display at my shop from last years event. Just because you got the statues does not mean that everyone that typed it in did got theirs which is why this post was made in the first place. I was not a paying customer at the time of the event(error 65) so maybe that has something to do with this.

thunder-ray
Aug 4, 2008, 02:42 PM
lol I didnt even say happy birthday sonic and I got a amy and knuckle's statues ^^;

Cracka_J
Aug 4, 2008, 02:48 PM
Please read what was posted. Me and seority did both type the required phrase. She also made her own birthday greeting. I know how the statues are obtained as I have the sonic and knucles statues on display at my shop from last years event. Just because you got the statues does not mean that everyone that typed it in did got theirs which is why this post was made in the first place. I was not a paying customer at the time of the event(error 65) so maybe that has something to do with this.

Perhaps you did not read Seority's post clearly. Please take another look.

I had it more like

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Kinda thing.

Being a text triggered event, yes, a program only looks for a specific phrase, not something altered. They made this very clear on the website.

They actually made this one pretty clear.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20080619a

Thank you kylie for the link, please read this halotiip. They pretty much state exactly how it must be typed. There were no exceptions.

McLaughlin
Aug 4, 2008, 02:49 PM
Maybe your incorrect message overwrote the proper one? I don't see the proper message in the screenshot.

If you altered the text colour that might have borked it as well. They were pretty clear on the site about what would and wouldn't count.

holotiip
Aug 4, 2008, 02:53 PM
Then a:
"Happy Birthday
Sonic!"
Then I spamed:
"Happy
Birthday
Sonic!"
(//_-)'

Did you read that part of the post cause i didnt see you quoting that part. People that didnt even type in anything are saying that they got the sonic statuers so maybe this isnt as text triggered as you would like to think.

Seority
Aug 4, 2008, 03:19 PM
Maybe your incorrect message overwrote the proper one? I don't see the proper message in the screenshot.

If you altered the text colour that might have borked it as well. They were pretty clear on the site about what would and wouldn't count.

Yes, the screenie I have shows the custom one I did with another person, but I was there, I did say Happy Birthday, and so on.
I just wish there was a way to get what I think I deserve.

Thank you for clearing it up with Craka, holotiip.
I did read that whole thing about saying it correctly. That's why, before I started to spam the cooler looking version, I stated it the way they wanted me to, then spammed along with the screenied one.

CelestialBlade
Aug 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
That's really odd, Seo, since you clearly typed the required phrase. I'm sure they had some database running that simply captured all usernames that entered the correct phrase, so I'm not sure how they'd necessarily miss someone....

I missed the event, otherwise I'd be glad to give you mine if I got it. All I can suggest is sending that screen to Sega and seeing if you have any luck. Sorry you're getting a little screwed here :\

Cracka_J
Aug 4, 2008, 03:28 PM
Mebbe they did run out of statues then... *shrugs*

Perhaps there is something to "overriding" what you had typed with another phrase, but that doesn't really make sense. In that case, anything you had typed after "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC!" would have overrode it, so I'm not quite sure about that theory.

I did spam the phrase on both my wife's account and mine, but her account has since gone inactive. If you really want the statues that badly, and I renew that account for her to play on (she really doesn't care about the collectible stuff), I can just give you the ones off of that account. I just don't know when the statues disappear and she doesn't have the time to play currently, so I haven't renewed it.

McLaughlin
Aug 4, 2008, 04:27 PM
Did you read that part of the post cause i didnt see you quoting that part. People that didnt even type in anything are saying that they got the sonic statuers so maybe this isnt as text triggered as you would like to think.

Well, she's contradicted herself here, first of all.

I had it more like

O Happy O
O Birthday O
O Sonic O

Kinda thing.

Then a:
"Happy Birthday
Sonic!"
Then I spamed:
"Happy
Birthday
Sonic!"
Then my current phrase:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/Seority/psu20080623_171332_002.jpg

Also, I said "in the screenshot" for a reason. There's no visual proof she said it properly, and if she were to make her case to Sonic Team with that screenshot they'd call her illiterate and laugh, because it doesn't show the proper message.

I was just trying to offer some insight, but I guess you're only interested in jumping on people who formulate ideas based on the proof they're given.

Everyone I know who typed out "Happy birthday Sonic!" got their statue, and I don't see an overflow of people who are saying they didn't get theirs, so pardon me if I look at conflicting statements and draw the conclusion that she didn't type it out properly.

It sucks you didn't get them, for whatever reason. I'd give you mine if we were on the same server.

DreXxiN
Aug 5, 2008, 12:26 AM
I think they did it by ID, and some ID's were misinterpreted.

Seority
Aug 5, 2008, 05:01 AM
I looked up Amy and Knuckles yesterday.
Cheapest Amy was 2 mil and Knuckles was 3 mil.
I was going to buy them until you guys and even DreX told me that they'd give me theirs.
That so kind of all of you! Thank you so much! ^^
I only need one set though, not everyones. Heh.
Obsidian_Knight, I know that I screened my custom phrase, and that's why I'm hesitant to send it to Sega. I don't think they'd mail back, let alone, mail back and call me illiterate. ><
I'm not jumping on anyone. This is Sega we are talking about. Mistakes will happen, I'm just sad because I don't think I can do anything to striaghten out this mistake done to me.

Cracka_J
Aug 5, 2008, 10:34 AM
Well, she's contradicted herself here, first of all.

Yeah, I admit I didn't see Seo's 2nd post regarding the matter, but I didn't exactly think I needed to look for a 2nd post about it after reading the first one. The part that you bolded pretty much indicated that the happy birthday sonic with the rings was the only thing spammed.

So, sorry about the confusion. The posts were a bit contradictory though.

Seority
Aug 5, 2008, 11:12 AM
That's why I usually read the whole thing before I post, but I am sorry about the confusion.
=(

Gunslinger-08
Aug 5, 2008, 11:25 AM
Your first mistake was following Hewitt's lead on the custom "happy birthday sonic". (He may get mad at me later. :wacko:)

I said it and I didn't even say it once, so I think it was a program that watched every chat bubble and took down names during the whole week.

Seority
Aug 5, 2008, 11:52 AM
You mean that you got it but didn't say Happy Birthday?
Wait, what? ;>>

Gunslinger-08
Aug 5, 2008, 11:54 AM
I mean that I got it when Sonic wasn't around. You just had to say it some time during the week in the way they spelled out on the official forums.

The one time I tried to see Sonic, it was so crowded, and the air clouded with spam, that I got irritated and left before he showed.

It really just sounds like you got jipped by... Sega.

thunder-ray
Aug 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
lol I went down to the first floor to say hi to a friend then i left. Next thing I know when I looked into my commom box i had a amy and knuckles statue. I was like what the fuck how did that get there. :confused:

Skids
Aug 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hmm, Seority, if you did write it correctly and since you look like your on the pc. Send an e-mail to the PSU team with the copy of your chat log for that day. Showing you had the phrase correct. The might realize their error and you get the statues.

Seority
Aug 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yes I did, but I was on the PS2. DreX took that screenie for me, and I don't think he was there when I said it correctly.
I don't think even sending a mail would help sadly. Just wish it didn't happen to me and the other here. It is odd that people who are saying that they didn't say it are getting it.

Ruru
Aug 6, 2008, 05:47 PM
someone that didnt say it probably got yours >.>;

i said Happy Birthday Sonic! three times in different lobbies that day just to be sure. i even macrod it lol.