PDA

View Full Version : PC Buying PSU for PC, help plz!

TEXXX
Aug 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
I have PSU disc 1 & 2(AotI) for the Playstation, and I want to buy it for my PC so i don't have the lag that PS users get. I have a 2 part question here:

Do i have to buy the original PSU disc before I can download AotI (I already have my Guardians license for my Playstation Account)?

Is there a convenient and safe site online where i can buy & download BOTH of theses titles (if necessary for both)?

Thank you so much for your help guys! I hear from brother that u guys know what's up here, please don't let me down! :-)>

RobTrance
Aug 2, 2008, 12:54 PM
you'll need a copy of PSU original and PSU :AoTI
I dont know any good site for downloading (my friend just bought them from amazon.com)
but i will tell you, your making a wise decision getting it for PC =P NO way near as much lag.

Kinako78
Aug 2, 2008, 01:03 PM
you'll need a copy of PSU original and PSU :AoTI
I dont know any good site for downloading (my friend just bought them from amazon.com)
but i will tell you, your making a wise decision getting it for PC =P NO way near as much lag.

Yeah, if I ever get a PC that can actually run the game, you can bet I'll be switching.

Kairi_Li
Aug 2, 2008, 01:10 PM
Uh guys? Unless he wants to play episode 1 story all over again, he only needs the AoTI PC disk. All online content is all in AoTI PC disk and that is all he needs to buy/download.

I uninstalled the original PSU off my PC the second I got AoTI. Now the original disk is useless unless I wanna play Episode 1 as Ethan again, which I don't.

TEXXX
Aug 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for helping me out. went out and bought aoti and installed it now it wont play for me. I dont know if it just extracted and didnt downloadd to comp. I'm stumped so if someone else has had this problem or any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again

RobTrance
Aug 2, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd need to install the original version and then install AoTI. thats how i did it and had no problems.

Anduril
Aug 2, 2008, 04:18 PM
Did you download the DirectX from the disc first? Not doing so is usually the cause of issues when installing the game. And no you don't need the original game, I only ever installed AotI on my Computer and it ran fine.

Kairi_Li
Aug 2, 2008, 05:00 PM
Install Direct X from the disk, even if you have an updated version of Direct X.

If it still doesn't work, check your Data Execution Prevention and make sure PSU is check box under "Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select".

You can get to DEP by clicking Properties under My Computer, then Advanced tab, then Performance settings, then Data execution prevention tab.

And again, you don't need the original PSU.

Dragwind
Aug 2, 2008, 06:01 PM
If you want to play AoI online for the PC, you need the AoI disc only. There is no need to buy the v.1 disc again. AoI is a stand-alone game.

gratefulgriz
Aug 3, 2008, 04:50 AM
u only need AotI but I wouldnt buy it, the game is bad thanks to error 065.

gratefulgriz
Aug 3, 2008, 04:54 AM
you DO NOT need the original version of PSU AT ALL, just fiddle with settings, if that gives you a headache then I would QUIT now cause dealing with SEGA, especially the 065 error, and lack of udpdates is far worse. Just wait, get the game to install on your PC and soon you will be regretting it ALL. Even though PS is the best RPG of all time, everything is wrong with PSU. EVERYTHING

Starrz
Aug 3, 2008, 07:44 AM
What they're trying to get at is, you only need the PSU AOTI Disc in order to play it on PC. You do not need both.

AnamanaAU
Aug 3, 2008, 07:59 AM
There is no need for original PSU, it is a waste of money unless you want to play it for the storyline. As for offline, if you use PSU (Original) you will be limited to PSU original features, you need AotI for all the new stuff.

TEXXX
Aug 3, 2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the help, i finally got it to work. I only needed the aoti disc, i just didnt do the direct x thing that Kairi was talking about. you guys rock thanks again.

DreXxiN
Aug 3, 2008, 10:39 AM
Nevermind, only saw page 1 XD