PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Why dose everyone hate the PS2 version of PSU?

Koji1m1
Aug 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, im probaly one of the few people(if not the only) that dosent have a probelm with the ps2 version, i i mean i do get some occiasonal lag but its nothing that makes the game impossible to play and its also pretty minor as well, i assume those people had bad connection when they had the ps2 ver, but yeah why dose everyone hate it?

ashley50
Aug 2, 2008, 01:12 PM
Loading issues, i was on PS2 version before i got teh PC version.

for me, its mainly the Loading issues it had...
This is a real problem for Techers and joining mid mission paries takes at least 30 secs for teh mobs to show up and load.

and no...I don't have a bad connection.

RobTrance
Aug 2, 2008, 01:12 PM
Lots of people have their reasons.. i for one when i use to play on ps2 version hated tech lag.
and the fact that i had no access to websites like psupedia, psow. but yeah lots of people have their reasons, if you dont have a problem with it then stick with it :)
- Happy hunting.

Kylie
Aug 2, 2008, 01:14 PM
Some people blame it for PSU being so last year, which is partly true, but I think it was a good idea for SOJ to put this on PS2 as much as I'd like to see a next-gen PS and shiny, fresh stuff. Personally, I prefer console gaming and play it because that's the only console option on PC / PS2. I don't think it's too bad.

Sidney
Aug 2, 2008, 01:19 PM
I play on PS2! Yes, sometimes the lag can be annoying, especially when mobs need to load or your resta doesn't load until 30 seconds in the mission... but like Kylie, even if I could play on PC, I'd stick with PS2. I love console gaming, I just feel more comfortable that way. :] I can chill in my bed and play PSU instead of sitting at my desk.

I do hate those people who take their hate of the PS2 system and transfer it onto the players who happen to be on PS2. Hate the console, not the players on it, please D:

RobTrance
Aug 2, 2008, 01:22 PM
I play it on PC and im pretty chilled on my bed =P. (big monitor <3)

Kylie
Aug 2, 2008, 01:28 PM
I play on PS2! Yes, sometimes the lag can be annoying, especially when mobs need to load or your resta doesn't load until 30 seconds in the mission... but like Kylie, even if I could play on PC, I'd stick with PS2.
And if I'm not mistaken, you played REO as well? :-P That game had like twelve second loading times at nearly every door, so PSU was like heaven to me when I first tried it. I still feel that way as I've never really had a chance to get used to quick loading times. :lol: I'll probably wet myself when I get my first PS3 game.

Also, my PC is crap, and sitting at a PC for too long (know I'm here a lot already) makes my back hurt, and I couldn't get a cool set up like RobTrance just described. :disapprove:

Kinako78
Aug 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
I've never had much problem with the PS2 version either. Like Kylie and soubrette, I really prefer console gaming cause it's more comfortable for me. And ever since I got a router, it's been even better. :)

In fact, after reading Kylie's and soubrette's statements, I may stick with the PS2 version.

Zorafim
Aug 2, 2008, 01:32 PM
It took me ten seconds to load a new weapon. By the time it loaded, I didn't need it anymore and had to switch again.

Sidney
Aug 2, 2008, 01:34 PM
@Kylie!: Oh, what is REO? :3 Another MMO? If so, I don't think I've played it, since my MMO experience is limited to PSU and PSO. I have a crap PC as well, haha! XD My PC would explode trying to handle PSU, that's for sure! I also don't have space where I am to give myself a really cool setup , like RobTrance here. So for me, it's PS2 or nothing, and I'll gladly take my PS2, faults and all. Even if I had the option to do it on PC, I'd still pick PS2 because of the comfort factor. :3 I totally know how you feel.

And yes, I can't wait for PS3! The load times will be amazing. X'D
Now I just have to worry about affording one...

Kylie
Aug 2, 2008, 01:37 PM
Resident Evil Outbreak. :-P I guess I was wrong.

Kinako78
Aug 2, 2008, 01:46 PM
yeah, my PC wouldn't be able to handle it, either.

Mutt12
Aug 2, 2008, 03:09 PM
I was on PS2 before PC too and I never really had an issue. Only thing I can think of is the graphics on the PS2 aren't as pretty and there's a small amount of slowdown when you have more than one Bil De vear on the screen. Oh, and the buffering between lobbies taking a tiny bit longer.

Otherwise, I see no real issue.

XReikaX
Aug 2, 2008, 03:39 PM
I hated playing the PS2 version, but that was mostly because between our disk being messed up and the PS2 being old...It made playing on the PS2 unbearable (freezing at random, not being able to go to "my room"), after a lot of thought I went ahead and got the PC version. Have not had a single problem with this game since. ;D

fay
Aug 2, 2008, 04:04 PM
not to sound harsh with this but i hate it because sega has to lower the potential of the 360.pc version because the ps2 is crappy and cant handle the power

Kairi_Li
Aug 2, 2008, 05:06 PM
Most PS2 players seem to only able to handle having a party of 4. Anything beyond that and things get laggy and slowdown happens. High level spells also affect PS2 players. In the JP servers, PS2 players make sure their party is limited to 4 players only to avoid slowdown.

Another reason why people are cynical with the PS2 is because it is holding back any potential expansion. The AoTI disk is filled up and there's only so much they can do to try and free up more space to add more new content. I do not doubt that the reason for the PSP game is to hold out of making an expansion longer, so the PS3 will get a price drop and letting fans have less of an excuse not to buy one, and they can develop a much better expansion with more content.

I like the PS2. It kept me entertained for years and there are still games coming out I wanna get. But there is no doubt the fact is, the PS2 does not have a hard drive, and its system specs are nowhere near a good PC and a 360, and they really don't have room left for new content. I have no doubt Sega realised they have to upgrade or face the fact that we can never get new content due to lack of DVD disk space.

Koji1m1
Aug 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
due to the two statements my ps2 can actaully handle parties of 6 people in the game but i wasent talking about the system in gerneral i was talking about the game.however yes i agree that the ps2 is old but having them leave the system from futue expandsions(sorry for bad spelling) now dosent seem right. also, if i had to choose between the 360 and PC ver, i'd get the 360 beacuse it wont cost me hundreds of dallors on hardware just to play a game. (any game really)

Kairi_Li
Aug 2, 2008, 07:12 PM
Hey, its not like they would have any choice. The disk is full and the PS2 does not have an HD nor can it support a bigger DVD like Blueray. Its not a matter of right or wrong, but a matter of what the PS2 can and cannot do. Of course its bad idea to alienate the PS2 community, but then the consequence is that there is no way for new content to ever come to any server if they decided to make sure all servers can access the same content.

So far I have seen all sides of the argument, yet no one on the PS2 side can provide a possible solution to the problem.

aozora
Aug 2, 2008, 08:58 PM
@Kylie!: Oh, what is REO? :3 Another MMO? If so, I don't think I've played it, since my MMO experience is limited to PSU and PSO. I have a crap PC as well, haha! XD My PC would explode trying to handle PSU, that's for sure! I also don't have space where I am to give myself a really cool setup , like RobTrance here. So for me, it's PS2 or nothing, and I'll gladly take my PS2, faults and all. Even if I had the option to do it on PC, I'd still pick PS2 because of the comfort factor. :3 I totally know how you feel.

And yes, I can't wait for PS3! The load times will be amazing. X'D
Now I just have to worry about affording one...
The loading time difference between the PS2 and PS3 are not that different. I tried it on my systems and the PS3 was only slightly better..

Sidney
Aug 2, 2008, 09:21 PM
The disk is full? Where did you get that information from? How do you know this? :p
Sorry to be doubtful, but that's the first I've heard of such information.

From what I have heard, FFXI has managed to squeeze a lot more stuff onto their disks. Also, wasn't PSU originally developed for PS2? So I really doubt PS2 is holding the other systems back that much, if that was the system the creators intended the game to be played on. From what I've heard, the majority of the JP server plays on PS2; but I'm just repeating what I've heard, so no idea if I am correct here or not. xD I'm not some crazy PSU nerd who really knows/cares about all this stuff - just throwing some thoughts out there. If I'm wrong about these facts, throw this post out of consideration!

One thing though: I just find it odd that the PC users complain more about PS2 and it's problems than the people who actually play on PS2.

Also, at Kairi, since when is it the PS2 user's job to come up with a solution to the PS2's problems with PSU? I'd say that'd be a problem for the developers. Also, it's not even the system that's the problem when it comes to lag, it's mainly faulty programming made by the people who created the game. xD I don't see how the players are at fault, that's all.

Koji1m1
Aug 2, 2008, 11:45 PM
The disk is full? Where did you get that information from? How do you know this? :p
Sorry to be doubtful, but that's the first I've heard of such information.

From what I have heard, FFXI has managed to squeeze a lot more stuff onto their disks. Also, wasn't PSU originally developed for PS2? So I really doubt PS2 is holding the other systems back that much, if that was the system the creators intended the game to be played on. From what I've heard, the majority of the JP server plays on PS2; but I'm just repeating what I've heard, so no idea if I am correct here or not. xD I'm not some crazy PSU nerd who really knows/cares about all this stuff - just throwing some thoughts out there. If I'm wrong about these facts, throw this post out of consideration!

One thing though: I just find it odd that the PC users complain more about PS2 and it's problems than the people who actually play on PS2.

Also, at Kairi, since when is it the PS2 user's job to come up with a solution to the PS2's problems with PSU? I'd say that'd be a problem for the developers. Also, it's not even the system that's the problem when it comes to lag, it's mainly faulty programming made by the people who created the game. xD I don't see how the players are at fault, that's all.

Yeah PSU was originally made for the ps2 before it was on any other systems so i dont see hows its holding back on content when we almost bassically get the same stuff and i also agree with your FFXI statement theres lots of content in that game and the expasions are good for those who like it and such so im glad that i got a few people that agree with me.

Ceresa
Aug 3, 2008, 12:20 AM

FFXI can release a ton of shit because the game requires the expansions to be installed to the HDD addon. PSU was likely intended to function in a similar manner till Sony said fuck it, made the PS2 slim without HDD support and left the addon to die a slow death used almost exclusively by FFXI idiots fans. So Sega can't go around making a game requiring a peripheral that's no longer being made/supported and you get the mess we have now.

As it is, you last-gen heathens are holding the glorious Promised Land PC users back from 16x AA and 2560x1600 resolution and lvl 50 tech graphics, so boo to you.

Sidney
Aug 3, 2008, 01:35 AM
^ Huh? xD The only part I got from that was the 'Level 50 tech' bit. I do not speak nerd/techie, sadly. (I turn my PC on, and that's where my expertise ends. xD)

I say 'boo' to the PC elitists, who put people down because of a silly thing like what console they play on. If they want those special features, then they should go play a PC only MMO. Don't play a MMO that shares servers with a PS2 if they want that stuff and then complain about it. I guess there are limitations that go along with sharing the servers with PS2, which they will just have to accept. This game was made for PS2, and there's nothing we can do to change it at this moment in time, so complaining really gets us nowhere, you know? n_n;; *happy heathen dance* Also, this rant wasn't necessarily directed at you, but moreso about the more extreme PC bawwers. I lulz'd at the Promised Land bit!

Besides, SoJ said there wouldn't be another expansion anyway, so there's no need to fret. (I think! Unless they have some kind of trick up their sleeve~!)

xjustsumloser
Aug 3, 2008, 05:37 PM
I dont play on PS2, and don't despise people for playing on it if that is their only option. I just hate that they decided to put it on ps2, rather than wait to do ps3 or not at all for a sony system. So myself and other 360 players have to play a ported ps2 game, that was originally limited by ps2 specifications.

Kylie
Aug 3, 2008, 06:46 PM
The loading time difference between the PS2 and PS3 are not that different. I tried it on my systems and the PS3 was only slightly better..
For the record, I wasn't talking about PS2 PSU compared to PS3 PSU.

I know there's little or no difference for that.

Sidney
Aug 3, 2008, 07:05 PM
^ I was mainly hoping fighting games and the such would load faster! My Soul Calibur II takes forever and a half to load when I pick a char. D:

Kizeragi
Aug 3, 2008, 07:13 PM
Better using a PS2 than not playing at all eh? :/

ashley50
Aug 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
Better using a PS2 than not playing at all eh? :/

yeah lol...at first when i got PSU for PS2 i didn't mind times. since i never played a techer or a Fighter, but i chose to play them there i staretd to get annoyed by it.

But still i did play...since it was fun :)

AnamanaAU
Aug 3, 2008, 07:46 PM
Needs less crying because someone is saying the system you play is flawed for this game and more intelligent conversation.

I played on PS2 after playing on PC and it was the worst experience with the game. here were my pros & cons;

Pros:
* No need to buy an extra controller or an adaptor for a controller.
* Picks up any USB keyboard.
* Has the correct voices for AotI, unlike PC where a lot are missing.

Cons:
* Tiny resolution, UI covers most of the screen.
* Long load time between maps.
* Initial 5 second load of characters.
* 5 second load times of weapons. You are unable to change weapon while a weapon is loading.
* High level techs cause massive slowdown
* Partying with a full party causes slowdown.

The game was made before the PS3 was out, however it was quickly ported to 360 before release, so why couldn't ST have just moved development to PS3 before it came out? Could have saved us in the long run.

Koji1m1
Aug 3, 2008, 11:08 PM
Needs less crying because someone is saying the system you play is flawed for this game and more intelligent conversation.

I played on PS2 after playing on PC and it was the worst experience with the game. here were my pros & cons;

Pros:

Cons:
* 5 second load times of weapons. You are unable to change weapon while a weapon is loading.

The game was made before the PS3 was out, however it was quickly ported to 360 before release, so why couldn't ST have just moved development to PS3 before it came out? Could have saved us in the long run.
Like i said, sometimes i dont have those problems at all except for the load times on some boss fights. somehow i can party with 6 people without getting huge amounts of lag but yeah the spells.

Koji1m1
Aug 3, 2008, 11:19 PM
nevermind my last post it seems like most peoples issumes with the ps2 are the load times with arent even that long dpending on your connection. but whatever.

Shinko
Aug 3, 2008, 11:29 PM

Pros:

Cons:

This sums it up perfectly. I couldn't of said it better myself.

AnamanaAU
Aug 3, 2008, 11:45 PM
nevermind my last post it seems like most peoples issumes with the ps2 are the load times with arent even that long dpending on your connection. but whatever.

Actually, that is something I missed. The game downloads data between maps and screens, when I was capped (Over my download limit and shaped to 56k speed) it would take up to 2 minutes to load things like the mission menu.

Lyrise
Aug 3, 2008, 11:45 PM

Money issues. At the time of PSU's release, the PS3 wasn't exactly looking to be very affordable at all; hence it's low market in Japan and for the most part the rest of the world (at that time). Shifting development from the PS2 to the PS3 would be akin to committing financial suicide.

Random Japanese person: "The PlayStation 3 is a nice system, too bad I can't afford it."

Tessu
Aug 3, 2008, 11:47 PM
It's their fault that we are stuck with reskins.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2008, 11:48 PM

and 0 download content. and cheap graphics. :(

CelestialBlade
Aug 4, 2008, 12:20 AM
PS2 is still in competition with PS3, take a look at PS2 prices sometime. Making it for PS3 wouldn't be a good idea considering PSU is a niche game anyway and needed all the help it could get getting people to play.

As for this silly hatred of PS2 players because your PC is oh-so-uber....well, not everyone has $1000 to spare on new computer parts, simple as that. Get over it.

Finalzone
Aug 4, 2008, 01:25 AM

LOL. The reskin argument must stop. A lot of MMO RPG games have reskinned model to save spaces and reduce CPU bottleneck. It is all about AI behavior, animations. For example, Dilnazen is completely different than Bil de Vear look wise and attack but has similar animations.

Kairi_Li
Aug 4, 2008, 01:44 AM
^ Huh? xD The only part I got from that was the 'Level 50 tech' bit. I do not speak nerd/techie, sadly. (I turn my PC on, and that's where my expertise ends. xD)

I say 'boo' to the PC elitists, who put people down because of a silly thing like what console they play on. If they want those special features, then they should go play a PC only MMO. Don't play a MMO that shares servers with a PS2 if they want that stuff and then complain about it. I guess there are limitations that go along with sharing the servers with PS2, which they will just have to accept. This game was made for PS2, and there's nothing we can do to change it at this moment in time, so complaining really gets us nowhere, you know? n_n;; *happy heathen dance* Also, this rant wasn't necessarily directed at you, but moreso about the more extreme PC bawwers. I lulz'd at the Promised Land bit!

Besides, SoJ said there wouldn't be another expansion anyway, so there's no need to fret. (I think! Unless they have some kind of trick up their sleeve~!)

Now I dunno about the previous poster, but I am certainly not a PC elitist. The fact still remains is the disk is full. The last time, they got rid of all the episode 1 cutscenes so they can make room for all the delicious AoI content we get today. FFXI, like the other poster stated, had a HARD DRIVE support. You don't need to be techie to know a hard drive is what stores data, and in the case of the Fat PS2's Hard drive, it allows them to store additional data, which is what MMOs expansions need.

There is no doubt in my mind that back when PSU was still in development that they intend to do the exact same thing as FFXI did. Sony did the retarded thing of making sure the slim PS2 doesn't have a HD support and stop selling HDs for the PS2, so Sega had to scrap that idea and they are now suddenly stuck with a system that cannot allow them to make more content on.

People who play MMOs want new content, and all PC MMOs to date always find ways to add new things now and then, be it downloadable content or expansion disks. PSU had unfortunatly got itself into a bad position of needing the PS2 players in Japan to support them finanacially, but due to them cannot add new content without telling the PS2 players "Sorry guys, but theres no room left in the DVD, and thanks to Sony none of you can even get a hard drive anymore. So you're stuck with AoI while the PC and 360 get this awesome expansion!"

Its not the PS2 players that bother me, just the ones who go around telling us we have no right to complain that a out dated console that is screwed by Sony is holding the game back. The fact IS that the PS2 is doing that and it is Sony's fault. And I get annoyed when ignorant players claim that we have no right to complain about lack of new content (missions, weapons, clothes, lobbies) when I am sure they themselves want new content as much as I do, and they don't realise the fact that the PS2 IS holding it back. (But it is not your fault, I just wish you guys understand that our complain is legitimate instead of filing it into the "Stupid complaints that are useless" section.)

The PS2 had the accessories to make it work like a PC, but Sony blew it. Is it the player's fault? Hell no. But don't go around saying we're not allow to complain Sony's stupidity and that we are worried that we may never see new content due to the PS2 version.

There is really only 2 solutions to this. Sony needs to bring back the HD for PS2 (they won't) or the PS2 players will have to upgrade to the PS3 since that has Hard drive support. But one solution is never gonna happen cause Sony is moronic, and the other one is unfair to people who can't afford getting a PS3 yet.

And Sega Japan hasn't announced an expansion yet or planned one, it doesn't mean it won't happen sometime later. At some point they will realise that people want new content or they will just get bored and leave. I seem to recall in a gaming site that Sega wants PSU to last for 5 years. It will not under just one expansion. I bet the PSP game and the lack of another expansion so far is to bide their time and hopefully by the time they announce it, most players can afford getting a PS3. That is really the only way to add more content at this point.

Bottom line. Our complaints are legit, and not everyone is a PC elitist, I run this game on a laptop for god's sake and I still play my PS2 alot. We are mad at Sony's mistake. Not the player's and probably not even Sega.

If you guys still don't understand, then feel free to PM or MSN me so I can explain what a hard drive is and why the game needs it. And frankly, we all know if the PS2 didnt get an awesome variety of games, no one would have cared about it. The games are what make the console worthwhile, even though spec wise, the PS2 has the weakest technology capabiltities when compare to the gamecube and the Xbox. Why do we love the PS2? Cause it has our fav games on it. For me is Kingdom Hearts 2.

Sidney
Aug 4, 2008, 02:24 AM
I understand your complaints very much, and my point is not that you shouldn't be frustrated, but that there is really no point in complaining about it because unfortunately, there is nothing that can really be done about it. D: I'm not saying your points are invalid at all, or implying you are a leetist (I would consider a PC leetist someone who takes thier annoyance of the PS2's limitations onto to players, which I have sadly met a lot of. You aren't one!), but at this point, the complaints get annoying because of the fact we can debate as much as we want, but sadly, the situation is what it is and it will not change. Thats why I wish PC users would stop; none of the whining will change the situation.

I think PC users are jumping the gun a bit when they talk about expansions and downloadable content, because clearly, ST can't even give us content that is already on the disk. :p (Also, no plans for expansion, according to SoJ.) I think they'd be borderline incapable of something that complex! I mean, every MMO has it's pros and cons, and PSU's is the fact that we have everything already on the disk, but there are a lot of factors to this game that make it more enjoyable than a bunch of MMOs. You have to take it as it is. Besides, the lack of new content is not because of the set up of the game and what console it is on and how data is unlocked, but rather the fact ST can't do their job to save their life. It's not the console, so that's where I think you are confused. Lack of updates fall upon ST's (very pathetic) shoulders.

My bottom line? Your complains are very legit, but you are sending your cries for help into a blackhole and wasting your time and energy over being frustrated on something that absolutely cannot be changed at this point in time. My advice would be to sit back and enjoy the game and have fun! :3 There are other things much more important to worry about, and every MMO has it's issues.

Also, don't assume everyone has technie knowledge. xD I certainly don't know anything about computers. I'm a music major, and I don't assume everyone knows what a Plagal Cadence is, even though it's a common thing most musicians would know. Not everyone has the same level of understanding, and I'm no nerd, so you will have to excuse me for not knowing. But a lot of people don't know, so it's not as uncommon as you think. :P

AnamanaAU
Aug 4, 2008, 02:50 AM
PS2 PSU is horribly flawed, there's no reason to argue it this in depth. You're both right, get over it.

Sidney
Aug 4, 2008, 02:59 AM
^ Er, I'm not even into this debate, I'm just bored on a summer night. xD
This thread = time occupier.

AnamanaAU
Aug 4, 2008, 03:37 AM
Very TL;DR to me. I don't get why people would care to argue that much over something so minor.

Kairi_Li
Aug 4, 2008, 04:11 AM
I personally believe the reason why so much content is locked is BECAUSE they ar trying to bide their time with a 2nd expansion. What better way to drag the game out longer than to lock stuff we should have gotten by now? Sega screws up alot these past years, but I think the sudden news of no Hard drive has really thrown the development into a hell of locking contents and slow updates. Sony is still at fault no matter which way you look at it cause Sega has lost the option to have new content on the hard drive.

But I digress. I think this topic pretty much is gonna be the same thing we talked about before.

Brainwrecked
Aug 4, 2008, 04:30 AM
As it is, you last-gen heathens are holding the glorious Promised Land PC users back from 16x AA and 2560x1600 resolution and lvl 50 tech graphics, so boo to you.

Um, how about no? The only compromise would be on polygon count. Content is hardly a concern, as I would assume that PS2, being the lowest-res platform, would use the least space for FMV and bitmap data. Graphic effects can be left out on certain systems that don't support them well or at all, so Sega could very well support 16xAA and 2560x1600 resolution on the PC if they wanted to.

Yes, the PS2 is the least-capable system running PSU. But it's still playable and it's a viable option for those who would like a complete gaming system for $130 instead of just a low-end graphics card for a multi-purpose PC system.

<----- Is on 360.

Koji1m1
Aug 4, 2008, 07:38 AM
heh, ya know, i dont wanna bring this up but i'd Like to hear a pros and Cons about Both the 360 version and PC version if Nobody is biased twards whats they like better.XD

Kylie
Aug 4, 2008, 12:08 PM
Very TL;DR to me. I don't get why people would care to argue that much over something so minor.
I agree. Unless they come out with a new expansion and put it on the PS3 (or PC only), there's nothing they can or will do about the PS2 version holding everyone else back. I guess people can point their fingers all they want to about what or who's to blame for the game being what it is, but it doesn't matter. The game is on the PS2, and I probably wouldn't have bothered getting it if it hadn't been.

I mean, I have a PS3 now, but I didn't have one then or plan to get one anytime soon. PSU wasn't special enough for me to get it on PC (it was actually a very rare and out of character move for me to get it at all), and I'll probably never play PC PSU unless only to take screenshots. I just don't like PC gaming. Therefore, it doesn't bother me one bit if people don't like it. Besides, I believe most Japanese players are still PS2, and I bet you they feel the same way as me.

And JP players = more important than us.

Sidney
Aug 4, 2008, 12:14 PM

It's called 'debate', not arguing. And at the last point... how long have you been on here? I
m a nooblet, and even I know that all PSOW is arguing over minor things. Come on now, PSOW is THE place for petty drama. :p

@Kairi-Li:
Also, I don't think Sega has some scheme behind delaying content, because the JP servers get regular updates. xD It's mainly our US/EU servers that go under massive 'no-update' dry spells, much to our dismay. From what I see, the JP servers get new content at least once a month or so! (Wish that could be us~)

@Koj1m1:
The PS2 controller is better for smaller hands? xD LOL

Koji1m1
Aug 4, 2008, 03:15 PM
my hands are very big actaully. lol and it fits perfectly.

Sidney
Aug 4, 2008, 03:35 PM
^ Mine are tiny, so I love the PS2 controller. xD The xbox one is just kind of big and cumbersome for me.

CelestialBlade
Aug 4, 2008, 04:52 PM
^ Mine are tiny, so I love the PS2 controller. xD The xbox one is just kind of big and cumbersome for me.
PS2 controller is about the perfect size for me. Those mini-PS2 controllers are too small for me but the original XBox controllers are wtfhuge. Yay for medium-sized hands @_@

Kizeragi
Aug 4, 2008, 04:56 PM

Agreed, I like my PS2 pad even though its a good few years (3-4) old. xD!

amtalx
Aug 4, 2008, 05:00 PM
The Duke controller rocks my universe. I have freaky gorilla hands...

MysticGoten
Aug 4, 2008, 05:31 PM
Don't people hate the PC/PS2 versions because they are all easy as hell to hack?

gundam0079
Aug 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
i play both ps2 and pc. just because i can sit for hours on ps2 but on pc i get tired of using the kb....and no i dont ahve a controller to use so there. but pc is cooler better load and such i can ctually load all character at once with pc. and screenies are a big plus

Yuicihi
Aug 4, 2008, 05:44 PM
Don't people hate the PC/PS2 versions because they are all easy as hell to hack?I'd assume this is the main reason.

That, and the servers are deserted compared the the 360's servers.

lanvandam
Aug 4, 2008, 07:38 PM
the lag man when i get traps they lag on me that shit is lame it pisses me off i have about 3 duds then a good trap and the monster load slow so they are already dead before i can attack them sometimes

SpiLLeDGliTTeR
Aug 4, 2008, 08:51 PM
Because it's not the 360 version.
^^

Weeaboolits
Aug 4, 2008, 10:57 PM
It took me ten seconds to load a new weapon. By the time it loaded, I didn't need it anymore and had to switch again.That and trying to get a decent rank on Bruce's dungeon running at half speed.

It's their fault that we are stuck with reskins.I think it's more that the devs are too lazy to make decent bosses than the system's limitations, other games have managed just fine.

unicorn
Aug 5, 2008, 05:21 PM
Arguement about downloaded content::

If I remember correctly, PSO's expansions were never downloadable, they were always stand-alone expansions. Sooo I don't see why PSU would be any different.

Oh and this was, and always will be a PS2 game. I just play it on PC now.

MysticGoten
Aug 5, 2008, 05:59 PM
Don't people hate the PC/PS2 versions because they are all easy as hell to hack?

I'd assume this is the main reason.

That, and the servers are deserted compared the the 360's servers.

I think the 360 has the biggest player population, so it doesn't make sense we get so screwed over compared to the other systems update/item/event-wise.