PDA

View Full Version : Come and gather close to me

TheOneHero
Aug 3, 2008, 02:02 AM
I wish to share with you another Ninja Tale, spanning almost 200 years...

1480 Anno Domini, I was once again in Alexandria, the precious lighthouse built ages before at last disappeared into the earth. That is when I saw the beauty.

She was at least 200 yards away, but I could easily see her and her beauty from this far. Her aura, one of the most vibrant and clear I had ever had the chance to behold in my long life. No one, no one had an aura quite like hers. I could see and feel her aura standing out in the crowd, radiating such excellence. If I had to give auras a color, the most common would fall under blue; her's on the other hand, was brilliant violet, the same color of her eyes.

Her skin seemed to sparkle in the light, it was pale, I beheld beneath her eyes were marks of a sweet bruise-like color; like she rarely slept. I was downwind of her, resting on a marble bench near the shore, and the smell was absolutely intoxicating! I would never forget it, a precious mixture of roses and mango, lilac and strawberry. Her hair a deep black, like those moonless desert nights I wondered in. She was covered, but not nearly as covered as most women were at the time. No one dared to approach her, she was mythic, extraordinary, terrifying.

"Stunning." I whispered to myself, she turn at the same moment, could she really have heard me? It was all too clear that she did, in one moment she was standing in front of me, he dark gray robes billowing in the wind. I stared in amazement and took in her appearance slowly, from her leather sandals, to the ornate belt and sword about her waist, to the finely crafted curved of her lips, a very light shade of blue impossible to further describe from my highly developed eyes.

"You seem to have heard me and from so far away!"

She grinned a little, the wind had picked up and blew the silk scarf away from her neck, and I grabbed it before it had lost all contact with her neck.

"You're quick." She said, replacing the scarf; while doing so she moved her hair and another wave of her intoxicating smell hit me. And her ears, so curiously elongated, not quite like the elves I had met in my travels, her's were more rounded and absolutely perfect.

"I've lived a long time." Speaking to her was so easy, her purple aura pouring off her sweet body. She was filled with experience, love and loss, knowledge and wisdom; she too had lived a long time."

"I was here when Sostratus of Cnidus built this Wonder of the World." She spoke to be, taking a seat beside me on the marble bench in one swift, graceful movement. She created a feeling in me, I have never truly felt before. Her eyes sparkled at me in that brilliant violet shade.

"I helped him build it. In fact, I once fought alongside Alexander the Great."

She laughed, almost singing, very melodic, I couldn't help but smile, such peace she brought to my soul! Long have I traveled the world, involved deeply with its history, defending its peoples and lands from demons and evil, never before had such a great longing been created in me. I struggled to keep my arms folding across by defined core, how I longed to reach out and hold her close! Such an odd feeling, to want nothing more than to hold this precious being, meld into her, become one! She seemed so familiar, had I encountered her before? Surely I couldn't have, I would have remembered...

"What is your name, O Muse?" She laughed again, "I am called many things, to you though, I am Jadeth Munin."

I had heard of her before, an immortal, very similar to myself. She was no kunoichi but something albeit more...supernatural, "Noble Green Stone of Memory." I said, she smiled and faced me when she spoke, her lips were so soft and moist, even in this air, "Or, 'Fire Stone of Memory'. Either serves me well."

"Your crest, it is of a Raven?" I pointed to the dangling charm on a silver scale-like necklace. "Yes, after one of the Raven's of Odin." She laughed again, musical, enticing, I dug my nails into my arms to contain the urge to hold her.

"I must take my leave. I trust you have business yourself to attend to?"

Had I given myself away? Surely...

"Memories and thoughts do not belong to us alone." This much was true.

"Yes, I'm heading north to see Leonardo da Vinci, I hear his work is exquisite." She smiled, "Perhaps we'll meet in a few decades." Before I could reply, she was gone.

Years passed, and I sailed with Christopher Columbus in 1492, carefully directing the ship to "The New World". I spent time there, visiting my friends in Eldorado and climbing the Rockies, experiencing all that I could. Though I had travelled this land many times, I never grew tired of it.

Over a century passed, it was now July 1665 Anno Domini, I was in London. King Charles II had fled with his entourage to escape The Great Plague of London. I of course was not affected by the disease, I was nearly claimed in 1347 but a stronger outbreak of the Bubonic plague, or "Black Death", but alas I was spared.

I decided to live in London for some time and as fate would have it, I once again met Jadeth Munin, the mysterious girl my soul called out for in agony. The years had not changed her at all, like me, she appeared to be in her state of youth for a long period of time. I was intrigued by another Immortal who seemed to exist in the world similar to myself. Naturally, I had encountered my fair share and even had to destroy them for the preservation of civilization.

She spotted me easily and was at my side in an instant, "Hello fair one." She entwined her fingers through mine. "How was Leonardo da Vinci?" It was somewhat shocking the way she put herself on me, I began to think I underestimated her aura.

"Fantastic, his work was brilliant." Her scent was even more overwhelming than before, "Come, and stay with me."

A year passed, it was now 1666; Jadeth and I were together, complete, our existence was perfect. When I kissed her, the sweet taste of exotic fruit gushed from her, oh the taste! She told me about her existence, how she was a Vampire, though very much different and far removed from the ones I battled with on occasion, "Alchemy was heavily involved in my creation and my existence. You've noticed the color of my eyes, my lips, why I don't smolder and burn in the sun; all thanks to Alchemy."

I was amazed. I knew Alchemy was incredible but never before in my years of life had I thought it could hold such power! But I didn't care what she was, she didn't feast on human blood, so she was no threat to civilized life.

We were happy and ventured to stop terrible nightmares, (Dracula of Castlevania for one) in our time together, but as all things, they must end.

September 2nd, 1666 Anno Domini, The Great Fire of London begins in the shop of Charles II's baker. It was a surreal sight, fire, everywhere. We saw from St Katharine Docks, Old St Paul's Cathedral engulfed in flames. The panic, fear, and overwhelming awe of the situation cannot fathom or explained, to see the sky itself burn.

Jadeth and I fought to assist, but even our combined powers could not fully stop the blaze, it licked and crackled against the wooden and closely compacted buildings of London, John Evelyn would describe, "The conflagration was so universal, and the people so astonished, that from the beginning, I know not by what despondency or fate, they hardly stirred to quench it, so that there was nothing heard or seen but crying out and lamentation, running about like distracted creatures without at all attempting to save even their goods, such a strange consternation there was upon them."

September 4th, Jadeth was trapped be the inferno, I couldn't save her. Before the smoldering beams and burning walls collapsed upon her, I saw in her eyes, her brilliant sparkling violet eyes, and my love. The love that consumed my soul, my very existence like the flames that now consumed London. I loved her, I couldn't be without her; the walls fell and the flames shot higher into the air than ever before and she was lost from my site.

To me, she would never be just a memory. I realized, days later, I had met this precious being before, ages ago, in 2550 BC. Why did I only remember now? How could I have forgotten that intoxicating smell, the sparking violet eyes, and her vivid aura?

You didn't think Jadeth was just something for the FKL Game, did you?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2008, 02:04 AM
You know, you could have updated the game the whole time you were writing that.

Also, go kill Chuck Norris. But I didn't tell you that. ;o

TheOneHero
Aug 3, 2008, 02:06 AM
Nitro, that is a story from memory, I can do it on a sleepy mind.

But the Game, that is no memory. I must be fully awake to share with you; which is why I'm now going to bed.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2008, 02:06 AM
Excuses. :wacko:

SpikeOtacon
Aug 3, 2008, 02:20 AM
rd;lt

Uncle_bob
Aug 3, 2008, 02:47 AM
I don't want to gather close. You're sticky. :disapprove:

TalHex
Aug 3, 2008, 09:36 AM
*drinks coffee*